PDA

View Full Version : Vranes better than Weis

Evilmav2
06-28-2003, 10:06 AM
VRANES BETTER THAN WEIS

By MARC BERMAN
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 28, 2003 -- It does not mean 7-6 Serbian giant Slavko Vranes will become an NBA star, but at least the Knicks' other second-round pick already has already dominated the French phantom Frederic Weis when they went at each other last season.
Kevin Wilson, the Knicks' European scout who is based in Spain, caught two games Vranes' Serbian team played against Malaga. The 7-2 Weis, a '99 first-rounder who is still Knick property, patrols the Malaga post. It was no contest.

"I was fortunate enough to see two games he played against Malaga against Weis," Wilson said. "Slavko did some very good things. They won the game. When he was on the floor, everything fell apart for Malaga. He came out on top. He's so much bigger than Fred."

And the 20-year-old is ready to join the Knicks for next season. Weis will be ready for the Knicks when hell freezes over. Vranes has lived in Manhattan for five weeks with countryman Darko Milicic, who was picked second in the draft by the Pistons.

Avrillicker
06-28-2003, 10:35 AM
lol,you'll see for yourself how good Slavko is the first time he steps onto an american hardwood court

Mandyahl
06-29-2003, 09:02 PM
is he good or not, avrillicker? i can't tell if you are being sarcastic or what.

Big Boy Laroux
06-30-2003, 10:09 AM
he definitely showed us that he can wear bedsheets for a suit...

Mandyahl
06-30-2003, 12:53 PM
yeah, my friends and i were cracking up at his suit. it was awesome!

Avrillicker
06-30-2003, 02:21 PM
s-a-r-c-a-s-m.
Wanna have fun? hit some Knicks fans board: not few of them are drooling over their new 7'6" starting center,who allegedly "destroyed" Frederic Weis. Then wait to see Vranes play once,and try to imagine the faces of those fans... I'm already cracking about it

Mandyahl
06-30-2003, 02:22 PM
ah ok. thanks for the clarification.