PDA

View Full Version : Anthone Peeler might be cut by Bucks.

mavsfanforever
06-28-2003, 08:47 PM
"In an effort to cut salaries and reduce their chances of having to pay the National Basketball Association's luxury tax, the Bucks on Thursday traded guard Sam Cassell and center Ervin Johnson to the Minnesota Timberwolves for forward Joe Smith and guard Anthony Peeler. Peeler's contract is not guaranteed after this season so the Bucks will cut him and save the $3.7 million and $4.1 million that he was to be paid for the next two seasons."

Milwaukee Journal Sentinel (InsideHoops.com)

Does this mean he is up for grabs?

Drbio
06-28-2003, 10:11 PM
As soon as he is cut, I would think, yes.

Tony tha Mavs fan
06-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Peeler's a good back up guard, can play defense and can hit the three. I wonder if Minnesota can pick him back up after the Bucks release him.

mavsfanforever
06-28-2003, 11:22 PM
He could be someone like Jimmy Jackson if noone else picks him up. I doubt minny will pick him up again(I am not sure if thats allowed).

He could be effective with teams like NJ who need some outside shooters.

MFFL
06-28-2003, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by: Tony tha Mavs fan
Peeler's a good back up guard, can play defense and can hit the three. I wonder if Minnesota can pick him back up after the Bucks release him.

Should not be a problem. Once he clears waivers then he is a totally free agent.

MFFL
06-28-2003, 11:54 PM
What a contract dump - Cassell for Joe Smith. Talent wise this is a steal.

Nash13
06-29-2003, 12:59 AM
If Dallas were to sign Peeler, would that defeat the purpose for drafting Josh Howard?

Peeler is not that well of a defender. The only reason he did so well defending Kobe in the playoffs was b/c his shot wasn't going in, so that was his way of contributing. My point is he can't be a good offensive player and a good defensive player.

aexchange
06-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by: Nash13
If Dallas were to sign Peeler, would that defeat the purpose for drafting Josh Howard?

Peeler is not that well of a defender. The only reason he did so well defending Kobe in the playoffs was b/c his shot wasn't going in, so that was his way of contributing. My point is he can't be a good offensive player and a good defensive player.

peeler is strictly a shooting guard. he is way too undersized to play the small forward position. size wise he is more of a combo point/shooting guard then remotely close to being a forward.

Evilmav2
06-29-2003, 10:09 AM
http://pics.forecaster.ca/nba-player/0292.gif
Peeler is also, "the most talented player" that Magic Johnson ever played with (according to Earvin)...

Mandyahl
06-29-2003, 09:08 PM
ehhhh. he doesn't impress me that much. could be a steal for someone though.