View Single Post
  (#329) Old
Minister of Soul
Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Default 03-07-2012, 10:57 PM

On the Cuban/Odom interaction after Odom failed to run the floor... I just happened to be sitting three rows back, between Cuban and the basket, last night. Unfortunately, I was too involved in yelling at Odom to get back on D to catch the very beginning. But I'll relate it as accurately as I can.

On the previous offensive possession, Odom didn't really get into the play. There was either a turnover or quick shot and long rebound, and the Knicks got the ball back up the court in a hurry. Odom was the only Mav who had so much as a chance to get back in time to be anywhere near the paint, and he gave up on the play around 20 feet out or so.

Knicks score, Rick calls a timeout, I stand up and yell at Odom to get back on D. Where I was sitting, the basket stanchion blocked my view of the left side of the court. So I stood up to see if any other Mav was near the play, in front of Odom, as I yelled. So I turned away from the bench and Cuban. Cuban is yelling, but it's usual Cubes volume/passion so it doesn't register with me right away.

Rather than go to his right, towards the huddle, Odom walks more through the paint and towards the baseline where Al Whitley sits. He looks pissed in a simmering sort of "I'm trying to be calm but want to kick someone's ass" way. I didnt see what he was mouthing, except that it ended in, "...fucking basketball."

About that time it dawned on me that he was directing his words to the far end of the bench, I looked over and saw that Cuban had sat down. Concurrently, the shorter black dude that sits on the floor by Al stood up, patted Odom on the chest, and sort of turned him back towards the huddle. Odom kinda had a head-shaking disposition about him.

That was all...the guy sitting next to me said that Cuban had yelled "run the floor!" I didn't hear specifics myself, and assume more words were likely said on both sides.

Also, and I could kick myself now for not paying better attention, but at one point, Cuban sat on the bench next to Lamar and looked to be encouraging him and having a generally positive exchange about the game. I don't know if this was before or after the other situation. It could have been either. Also, of note, Cuban had similar on-bench exchanges with Kidd, Carter, and Marion throughout the game that I saw.

Last edited by Rhylan; 03-07-2012 at 10:58 PM.