View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 02:47 PM   #10
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

C+

For many years, I was discouraged because the MBT refused to re-sign their core team. Specifically, the concern was continually reshuffling the deck and hoping something good would happen. Re-signing DFS, Maxi, and even Powell are positive steps. But, there were options out there to improve team rebounding and it seems there was no interest. Adding Ed Davis, for example,(he was given $10M over two years) seemed to me like a bargain. Who knows what was going on behind closed doors, but I think it leaves most Mavs fans befuddled as to why the salary cap wasn't used more strategically. The new Mavs are all very interesting and will likely make noticeable contributions but I can't help but feel the MBT did not seize the opportunity they had this offseason to improve an obvious area of weakness (i.e. team rebounding).