View Single Post
Old 10-19-2019, 04:50 PM   #105
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
I think it's interesting that so many predictions are based on KP's health. Let's take the Vegas O/U, which currently is at 40.5. Hearing opinions on the Mavs, those that want proof KP can ply after February tend to take the under. Others that feel he looks healthy and stronger than ever usually take the over. That's a faulty proposition because this uncertainty is already incorporated in the odds. I'd say 40.5 means Luka takes a slight step forward and KP plays half the season (let's say 50 games).

The more decisive factor to me is whether or not the supporting cast will be better or worse than anticipated. So far that's the big unknown. There are as many people hyped about the Mavs as there are skeptics, and most probably have differing opinions about player #3 through #10 on the roster.
There is more parity in the West this year than I've seen in a long time so injuries are going to play a huge part in how teams finish. KP is a big concern health wise and should be based on his history and frame. The apparent drop off in talent from KP/Luka to the next guy is enormous so it will be critical for both of those guys to stay healthy.

My bold prediction is that if those two guys stay healthy and live up to expectations we are in the POs. I think the supporting cast is fine to get us to the POs. Now will the supporting cast be enough to flirt with the top tier? Not a chance imo.

Last edited by rimrocker; 10-19-2019 at 04:54 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote