View Single Post
Old 01-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #167
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
LOL at DSJ coming off the bench. I'd be livid if that was the first experiment instead of sending Wes effing Matthews to the bench instead.

Look...Luka is the PG and the guy you run the offense first. It's obvious to all. But why would a team that has seemingly been grooming DSJ to grow his off-ball offensive game, send one of its top young players to the bench?

It'd be even more misfit with JJB and Brunson. I like the staggering of DSJ/Barnes, but looking to the future, I'd play DSJ and Luka together as much as possible this season. If it doesn't work, well, at least you can say you found out. We already know Barnes kind of stalls this offense at times and know what else he brings to the table. Wes Matthews can't understand his role at times. He isn't going to like his market this off-season if that's the case.

Edit: I really do think Luka/DSJ can work if DSJ continues to show improvement in his shot and his defensive game. He needs the opportunities though, and that comes from limiting Matthews and Barnes and giving DSJ more of a green light. Would much rather see that then Matthews dribbling or Barnes iso'ing to death if he isn't going to improve his passing as we saw glimpses last night.
Lol at the notion that Rick would bench Wes. It would be long overdue but it's clearly not happening. He's not going to bench DSJ either in reality.

The 2 clear reasons that they are trying to make DSJ more of an off- ball offensive player is because he can't run the offense for shit, and Luka is great at it, and will soon enough be one of the best in the league at it. They are forced to move DSJ off the ball.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote