View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 02:06 AM   #19
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum_3_Ball View Post
The NBA was heavily rumored to be behind the Sixers letting Sam Hinkie go. What I think is far more likely than the Mavs losing a draft pick, is the NBA coming in & having oversight of the Mavs offices. That in turn could effect the product on the court.

I would assume we're looking at more than just an SI investigation here. I would expect the league to look into this & it's definitely possible more people are fired.
Where did you even hear that? Hinkie stepped down because the Philadelphia brass was unhappy with "The Process" not yielding any results... Why would the NBA even have grounds to force him out? That doesn't make any sense. You need to source outlandish rumors like this with links, otherwise there's reason to doubt the validity of your claim.

And there's no way the NBA will have oversight of the Mavs FO unless they somehow force Cuban to sell the team (which is waaaaay more unlikely than the Mavs losing a pick)... And good luck with that after all the drama with the NBAPA back when the league took over the ownerless New Orleans Hornets. It's a conflict of interest for the league to run a franchise's front office, plain and simple.

Although I do agree with you that more heads will probably roll, but I think it's going to be an internal matter spearheaded by Mark Cuban... As long as he's handling it, I doubt it's in the league's best interest to get involved -- the smaller the overreach, the better the optics. The NBA doesn't want the perception that this is a league-wide problem (although it probably is).

Last edited by Underdog; 02-21-2018 at 03:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote