View Single Post
Old 08-05-2015, 12:36 AM   #6
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

If we had traded our end of the draft 2nd for a former 1st round pick who can shoot 38% from 3 and is only 24 years old(Jenkins for example...) then signed Singh as an undrafted player people wouldn't be so upset I'd wager. So if we get a marketing plus out of it all then I'm all for it. But the idea he was drafted entirely and solely because of jersey sales escapes me. He's 19yrs old and was in a few mocks i read about pre draft, whether they be fans or writers. It's not like the mavs went on facebook and found the tallest human in an untapped nba market and picked him and nobody knew who he was.

Also if the goal was simply marketing why did Cuban not make sure Parks got plenty of burn in summer league and then given him an unguaranteed deal? Filipino market is still relatively untapped as the only player I know of is Jordan Clarkson.

Quote:
"We talk about loving basketball in the United States but there is no country more basketball crazy than the Philippines," said Cuban, who hasn't shied away from drafting international players in the past.
http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story...asketball-fans
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote