View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 12:35 AM   #10
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Cuban and Donnie obviously didn't watch one minute of Singh's play before draft night. It doesn't take long to notice he has no chance to make it in this league.
Strictly a marketing move by Cuban and probably a brilliant one.
I won't be betting on him making a NBA roster by any means. I mean I saw him in Summer League look lost and fall over multiple times and just look like he just flat out didn't belong(because he doesn't right now). But I still think it's unfair to basically close the door on the kid before he even gets a chance to develop. Fact is at 19 he may not even be done growing. He could grow more his wingspan could stretch out we have no idea. IIRC Greek Freak was 6'9 when drafted at 19 and he's 6'11 now. Marcin Gortat was 21 and picked 57th and in his rookie summer league he averaged 4points and 4 rebs and he spent 2 more years playing for a German club before he cracked the roster for Magic(barely) to close out the 07-08 season. By all accounts when we made the Singh pick he sounds like a kid with a strong work ethic and his only experience with the sport is a IMG prep team whereas someone like Gortat was 2years older and had time with a German club under his belt and still took an additional 2-3 years before he was an end of the bench type player.

It's much more believable, to me, that we picked a guy who is a major project that also has marketing perks and he was likely chosen over guys who are much further along in their development. And not that Cuban just mailed in a pick with ***only*** marketing on the mind.
Bryan_Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote