View Single Post
Old 03-08-2019, 10:59 AM   #86
Scoobay

Scoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to beholdScoobay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
I initially thought the tanking idea wouldn't hold any water...too many teams to pass up, and 4 of the 5 bottom positions were pretty locked up, and teams that were a lot worse than the Mavs to start with, BUT..

We just lost to 3 of those teams, 2 in total blowouts.

So now I'm not sure...

are the Mavs really that bad now?
even if they are, can they really drop down into that 5th position...with other teams also tanking hard to get there as well?

Official tankathon tracker

Mavs are currently in 7th position, needing to pass up Memphis and ATL. They are SIX games ahead of ATL. That's going to be hard to do, especially since ATL has zero interest in trying to win themselves. They also need to pass Memphis, and Memphis is a mess (but did just drub the Mavs).

The problem with tanking these days is everybody is doing it.

Did y'all ever play Spades? If so, ever play a game where EVERYONE bids 'null'? It's crazy...and that's what tanking is like these days. You win games you were sure you were going to lose, simply because the other side wanted to lose more than you did. The Mavs really aren't equipped with that mindset.
i'm not too worried about them getting into the bottom 5
over the past couple weeks we've dropped about 3 spots which has doubled our odds of the top 4 and the #1 pick. i'd be happy if memphis overtakes us and we get to #6
that'd bring our top 4 odds up to 37% and Zion odds to 9% which isn't that far off the 14% odds you'd get for being the worst team.

i figure we're good either way - play the young guys - don't wear out Luka - put Powell on display for others to want - and if we tank we get a better shot at a good player. getting a top 4 would help accelerate our rise to the top by getting a good young player or someone we could package for another good player. if we don't get a top 4 pick then our pick conveys and we can move on and worry about the upcoming years.
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote