View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM   #91
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
Honestly I like the guy but I don't see the point of bringing him back.

If we recruit Vucevic or Cousins (I wish not for both) we don't have enough cap space to give 12m to a bench player.

If we don't, we should recruit a center that complements better KP, i.e. rebounds and defense i.e. Ed Davis or D. Dedmond.

Either way we should focus our Cap Space on a Wing and a Guard to go alongside Luka.
The Mavs traded away 4 average at best starters to upgrade their starting core but only replaced/upgraded one, along with gaining some cap space in the process.
They need to vastly upgrade a 3rd starter with the cap space they gained so I see the majority of that being spent on a 3rd starter and the other 2 starting positions will be taken by two of Brunson/DFS/Jackson/Powell depending on who we sign.

I don't see this team having 5 legit starters next season but they might have an opportunity to put this team in an extremely good position for following years if they can land someone like Brogdon.

We'll have to pay a premium to pull him away from the Bucks but under the circumstances I think we should go for it.

Powell should not be a priority for this team because he is a role player with very limited upside at this point. We should secure that 3rd option player first and then look at filling voids with role players.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-22-2019 at 08:38 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote