View Single Post
Old 07-14-2019, 11:30 AM   #3
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

You're right... but it just seems like lately teams that run a flow offense are asking their centers to take a percentage of threes. That wasn't so much the case in 2011. This has been trending for a few years.

The question with Adams has always been one of value, not talent. We don't know if he can adjust to the three-ball. Are we willing to pay that salary to find out?

This isn't really about what you or I think. It's about how the FO sees it.. and it's about some metrics we probably don't see as fans. For instance Tap2390 already posted some defensive metrics on Adams I was not aware of. We haven't talked much about situational defense, and I wouldn't know personally about Adams. We also don't know if he's slow in transition, or if his passing would be adequate in this system. But I'm sure the FO knows.

There is one other possibility. It's possible that the Mavs might want him, but that he's not available. I believe it's much more likely that he doesn't fit, or that he's too expensive... but anything is possible. Again, we don't know what the front office knows.

Last edited by JJP; 07-14-2019 at 11:44 AM.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote