View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 11:07 AM   #21
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
That's not the question though. Nobody is really arguing that. I'm certainly not.

The question is about fit and value. Is Adams limited skill set in the Mavs offense worth the financial investment? That's the question. Is he the best use of 25m in cap money?

And I would argue that the statistics I pulled up are hardly arbitrary. Those are baseline metrics.
How many times does someone have to remind you that we are an over the cap team? At this point the only harm in signing a good young talented center is that Mark Cuban has to pay luxury tax. If he is a bad fit as you claim then you dump him next year for a player that fits better. The guy is 25 years old and better than anything we've had at center since Tyson Chandler. It is also debatable that Tyson Chandler is the mavericks best or second best center ever. In a perfect world yes I'd prefer that all players on the floor could shoot 40% from 3 but it doesn't work like that. You need big guys that can set screens, alter shots, box people out, and get rebounds. There was a big decline in rebounding and team play once they traded away our only true big last year.
I will guarantee you that by next year's trading deadline this team is going to overpay for some center help whether they shoot 3s or not. Why not go ahead and get a premier center now?
oilfieldtrash is offline   Reply With Quote