View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 11:10 AM   #107
tap2390
Platinum Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

There seems to be some confusion as to the timeline... here’s what I understand

Summer 1998 - first allegations against Ussery
Summer 1998 - Pitmann hired as head of HR / new employee handbook implemented
February 1999 - Ussery gets three-year extension
2000 - Cuban buys team
2010/2011 - Sneed beats his girlfriend
2 months later - Sneed arrested
August 2012 - Sneed pleads guilty to misdemeanor charges of family violence assault and interference with emergency request
August 2013 - Paul Monroe, VP of Marketing, tells victim to shut up because Ussery is boss
2014 - Sneed beats second girlfriend, a Mavs employee... girlfriend does not report to police but does to Pittman and others
Summer 2015 - Ussery leaves
September 2015 - Ussery starts job with Under Armour
November 2015 - Ussery leaves Under Armour job following incident with female subordinate

Obviously, Sneed should have been fired after the second incident. I can see him talking his way out of the first given that he was arrested months after the incident occurred and was only charged with a misdemeanor. He could’ve easily played the first incident off as a bad fight between lovers. That being said Mavs didn’t do their due diligence regarding the first incident. To keep him after the second is abhorrent.

Ussery seems to be the classic case of a man abusing his considerable power. The fact that Under Armour moved so swiftly to remove him really reflects very poorly on us. I can, however, see a world where two long tenure members of Mavs (Pittman and Ussery) who were with the Mavs longer than Cuban himself, were given autonomy in their positions by Cuban. Obviously, Cuban and the Mavs poor oversight needs to be rectified. That being said, I’m not on the “sell the team” boat just yet. I want to know how much actual knowledge Cuban had.

Last edited by tap2390; 02-22-2018 at 11:27 AM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote