Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

(#41) Old
Guru
BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 50
Default 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
wiki has it, beat the mavs.com to it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shawne_Williams

our official website is a joke.

I'd still like to keep Reyshawn around. He has shown improvement in-house and overseas the past full year, summer to summer.
Sponsored Links
  (#42) Old
Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

vCash: 440
Default 10-10-2008, 03:33 PM

Jet Terry is one of the best BACKUP point guards in the league!
  (#43) Old
Diamond Member
Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

vCash: 100
Default 10-10-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzak
I wish we'd get a back-up pg.
I think we're going with Terry, then Barea. With Wright and Green emerging, Terry will get a lot of time at the point behind Kidd. Kidd should see about 32-34 there. Terry about 16 there, and maybe 5-10 at the 2 guard dependent on matchups. The way Wright's playing I'd like to see him up towards 28-30 a night.
  (#44) Old
Lazy Moderator
jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 25
Default 10-10-2008, 03:38 PM

An interesting note aboiut this; we gave up our lone true expiring contract in this deal, but Williams is an expiring contract as well, except he has a team option for next season, so he's an expiring contract now and an expring contract next season if the Mavs want it. So even if he doesn't work out, he'll have trade value equal to or great than the EJones contract next season.

Current Mavs Salary outlook (with my own possibly incorrect math and assumptions)

Last edited by jthig32; 10-10-2008 at 03:38 PM
  (#45) Old
Eman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to allEman is a name known to all

vCash: 440

How bout this for a young lineup
Diop/Bass
Bass/Reyshawn
Williams/Singleton
Green
JJ

And We are under the cap in 2010.

Last edited by Eman; 10-10-2008 at 03:39 PM
  (#46) Old
Diamond Member
Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 350

Most teams that eddie jones leaves, go on to win a championship the next year.

"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
  (#47) Old
erdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rough

vCash: 500
Default 10-10-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman
THis is Hollinger's Scouting report, says he's young (22) and could be a 20 point scorer in a couple years, great athlete!!!
I can dig that... but the thing is, to be a 20 point scorer he's gonna need minutes...around 30. I'm more concerned with what he's gonna do with the 10 or 15 minutes he's gonna get this year.

Hope he's not a "volume shooter" (no shimmy).

Erdubya (The artist formerly known as Cotton)

(#48) Old
Diamond Member
Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGMaverick9
our official website is a joke.

I'd still like to keep Reyshawn around. He has shown improvement in-house and overseas the past full year, summer to summer.
Yea, tell me about the site, it's strange that electronic guru like Cuban owns such a pathetic site.
  (#49) Old
Diamond Member

Default 10-10-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick41
Most teams that eddie jones leaves, go on to win a championship the next year.
Wow, all but Memphis.
  (#50) Old
erdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rougherdubya is a jewel in the rough

Default 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidd Karma
Yea, tell me about the site, it's strange that electronic guru like Cuban owns such a pathetic site.

Man... you said it... even the design is piss-poor... It's very 2002.

Why can't we have a site similar to, or atleast as inventive and modern looking as this one?

http://www.nba.com/thunder

Erdubya (The artist formerly known as Cotton)

(#51) Old
muzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of lightmuzak is a glorious beacon of light

vCash: 1000
Default 10-10-2008, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
What are you talking about? We already have our future All-Star JJB!
I reiterate...
  (#52) Old
Golden Member
Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Default 10-10-2008, 04:01 PM

I got to sleep then wake up to such wonderful news. I wonder if Williams will get any playing time tonight?

(#53) Old
dirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of lightdirk2003 is a glorious beacon of light

Default 10-10-2008, 04:14 PM

Quote:
How bout this for a young lineup
Diop/Bass
Bass/Reyshawn
Williams/Singleton
Green
JJ

And We are under the cap in 2010.

And we have the worst team in the league in 2010. Brilliant.

"We got enough centers now, maybe Nellie will have to play one of us." - Shawn Bradley
  (#54) Old
Golden Member
DavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant future

vCash: 788
Default 10-10-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
What are you talking about? We already have our future All-Star JJB!
Yes!

Dirk - "We should be ready to go to war."
  (#55) Old
stewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura aboutstewartj has a spectacular aura about

vCash: 350
Default 10-10-2008, 04:33 PM

Is there any confirmation that EJ was in fact involved in this trade?
  (#56) Old
thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Default 10-10-2008, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
There's still one slot open for ReTerry or Rhodes, unless McLeod makes it.
Won't be McLeod I can assure you.
  (#57) Old
Diamond Member
twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

vCash: 850
Default 10-10-2008, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewartj
Is there any confirmation that EJ was in fact involved in this trade?
http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archi...ana-maybe.html

http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=12725

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RTS04/81010033

(#58) Old
DLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud ofDLord has much to be proud of

Default 10-10-2008, 05:34 PM

A few minor details ....

1. To me, this signals the 15th man will probably be RTerry. They lose his rights if they don't put him on the roster, so unless someone else glitters he will have the inside track I suspect.

2. The trade was Williams - for - two 2nds

For rules purposes, the Mavs had to send Jones to Indy to make such a trade. When they get him, Indy doesn't need him and will waive him, and the money is being sent to pay his buyout.

The Mavs actually save a few dollars, because Jones' buyout cost is NOT taxable to them. But if they had waived him off the Mav roster, they would have paid tax on every dollar he got.

3. Yes, Williams is also currently an expiring deal (I think), with an unexercised team option for next year. But his trade-expiring situation is different than Jones' was.

The deadline for exercising the option is the end of TC, not the end of the season. I imagine he's very likely to have this year plus one more on his contract by the time the season starts, and well before they get a clear read on how well he'll do here.
  (#59) Old
Guru
alby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond reputealby has a reputation beyond repute

Default 10-10-2008, 05:52 PM

GREAT MOVE

this is a great move with Kidd as our PG.

Last edited by alby; 10-10-2008 at 05:53 PM
  (#60) Old
Diamond Member
Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 91
Default 10-10-2008, 06:17 PM

Oh, Hell Yes... First the Gerald Greene signing and now we're picking up Shawne Williams? I'm starting to get pretty darned, damned excited about the end of our bench...

As many of y'all know, the Pacers are my second favorite team, so I consequently watch a lot of their games and so I've gotten to watch quite a bit of Williams over the last two seasons, and I'd say that he's a little more polished on the court than a lot of folks probably think. If Stickman Part II can stay healthy stay off the ganja, quit hanging around with murderers, and tighten up his rebounding game on the court, the young fella might end up playing a whole lot of minutes for us very, very soon.

I say that because he's really got a beautiful, fundamentally sound jump-shot with range that goes well out to three-point territory, he's a smart, good passer who exhibits much more on-court awareness than your average 22 year old NBAer, and whenever he's been healthy and the Pacers gave him PT the skinny swing-forward has proven capable of blocking shots in Kirilenko-style bunches, and he's quick and long enough to minimize the defensive problems that his slight build accords him as he can be a real terror jumping around in the passing lanes. This is a good, good, cheap pick-up...

The Stickman is Dead? Long Live the Stick Man!

'There are two potential violators of man's rights: the Criminals and the Government. The great achievement of the United States was to draw a distinction between these two -- by forbidding to the second the legalized versions of the activities of the first...'
  (#61) Old
Diamond Member
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Default 10-10-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilmav2
Oh, Hell Yes... First the Gerald Greene signing and now we're picking up Shawne Williams? I'm starting to get pretty darned, damned excited about the end of our bench...

As many of y'all know, the Pacers are my second favorite team, so I consequently watch a lot of their games and so I've gotten to watch quite a bit of Williams over the last two seasons, and I'd say that he's a little more polished on the court than a lot of folks probably think. If Stickman Part II can stay healthy stay off the ganja, quit hanging around with murderers, and tighten up his rebounding game on the court, the young fella might end up playing a whole lot of minutes for us very, very soon.

I say that because he's really got a beautiful, fundamentally sound jump-shot with range that goes well out to three-point territory, he's a smart, good passer who exhibits much more on-court awareness than your average 22 year old NBAer, and whenever he's been healthy and the Pacers gave him PT the skinny swing-forward has proven capable of blocking shots in Kirilenko-style bunches, and he's quick and long enough to minimize the defensive problems that his slight build accords him as he can be a real terror jumping around in the passing lanes. This is a good, good, cheap pick-up...

The Stickman is Dead? Long Live the Stick Man!
I also saw Shawne play a couple of times last season and he looked very solid, I used to wonder who he was though because he's not very popular.

Matrix taking flight...
  (#62) Old
Diamond Member
Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 06:49 PM

I'm always wiery about guys the Mavs trade for. Especially when they give up guys like Eddie Jones.
  (#63) Old
Diamond Member
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute

Default 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
I'm always wiery about guys the Mavs trade for. Especially when they give up guys like Eddie Jones.
Trust me Dtownsfinest Ive seen him play and this guys is very solid, he is also a first round pick btw. The pacers traded him because of his off court issues not because of his game. And I think he'll do better here in Dallas off the court just because its a better environment and a chance to be part of something special

Matrix taking flight...
  (#64) Old
Golden Member
Mavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to beholdMavsfan4ever is a splendid one to behold

Default 10-10-2008, 07:08 PM

Donnie is talking on ESPN radio now he said this deal has been in the works for a few weeks.

(#65) Old
thereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to allthereaper is a name known to all

Default 10-10-2008, 07:11 PM

Eddie wanted to retire because he knows he can't play anymore. He'll likely be back as a player dev coach or something. since he wants to get into coaching.
  (#66) Old
Platinum Member
Tokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to beholdTokey41 is a splendid one to behold

Default 10-10-2008, 07:17 PM

He's nothing special yet, but no one can deny he's better than Eddie Jones on your bench. Good to hear those draft picks were only second rounders, I was worried for a minute.

Here's hoping Green, Williams, and especially Howard can take advantage of Kidd's skills this season. It's a long shot... if Green and Williams play like they have something to prove (and they do) and if all three can make the most of the 'leader' we traded for then this team could actually be a threat.

Last edited by Tokey41; 10-10-2008 at 07:18 PM
  (#67) Old
Purple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura aboutPurple&Gold has a spectacular aura about

Default 10-10-2008, 07:38 PM

This move is neat.. gives us a sigh of relief and we probably won't see a lot of George if at all.

Now if only we can trade Josh for a better SG... Come on Donnie!!!

Diehard LakerFan and MaverickFan
  (#68) Old
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7050
Default 10-10-2008, 07:46 PM

6'9" Small Forward. Hmm...

With Howard/Stack/George/Bass/Singleton/Wright/Green and possibly Rhodes playing the SF, its hard to see where he fits.

Then again he's a promising prospect with an extremely friendly contract (1year guaranteed, 2nd year team option (for early bird), and third year qualifying offer (for full bird rights) and....he helps us get rid of Jones.

Solid deal, but I doubt it will have much impact on the team this year.
  (#69) Old
Diamond Member
Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
Trust me Dtownsfinest Ive seen him play and this guys is very solid, he is also a first round pick btw. The pacers traded him because of his off court issues not because of his game. And I think he'll do better here in Dallas off the court just because its a better environment and a chance to be part of something special
I've never seen him play but i'm taking your word for it. I actually believe what you're saying. My worry isn't about his play on the court though. It seems he has problems off the court that are keeping him from hitting his potential. Maybe a change of scenery is for the better. Marquis was great here and all of a sudden he goes to Indiana and he's Dennis Rodman. But yea for the Pacers to give up on a 21 year old with potential that sort of gives me an idea that his problem is off the court which sort of gives me a fear.

Quote:
He's nothing special yet, but no one can deny he's better than Eddie Jones on your bench. Good to hear those draft picks were only second rounders, I was worried for a minute.
I don't think we can trade a 1st rounder can we? Since the Nets pick hasn't been determined? Not sure how that works but I know you can't trade consecutive picks. And I believe this pick is lottery protected so I don't think we can trade our #1 yet.
  (#70) Old
Diamond Member
DubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant futureDubOverdose has a brilliant future

vCash: 400
Default 10-10-2008, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky

With Howard/Stack/George/Bass/Singleton/Wright/Green and possibly Rhodes playing the SF, its hard to see where he fits.

Then again he's a promising prospect with an extremely friendly contract (1year guaranteed, 2nd year team option (for early bird), and third year qualifying offer (for full bird rights) and....he helps us get rid of Jones.

Who cares where he fits? Let him, Green, Singleton, and Wright battle it out for PT! My guess is that Howard and AW cover most of SG if we move Bass to more SF which I think we have to if we play Diop and Damp all game.
  (#71) Old
Diamond Member

Default 10-10-2008, 07:52 PM

Quote:

Yea I can't speak much on him but if he gets a number of DNP's this year I won't be upset or surprised. I think expecting anything from Gerald Green or Williams is a bit far fetched. I expect to see a couple of DNP and garbage minutes from them.
  (#72) Old
Banned
Silk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to beholdSilk Smoov is a splendid one to behold

vCash: 6000
Default 10-10-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Small trade????? This is HUGE, at least hugely gratifying, we finally got rid of that dead wood that is Eddie Jones and we got a talented/ athletic young wing!!!!!! 17th pick first round? Another guy that has the potential to move Howard to the 2 spot. Our depth is getting better all the time.

Damp/Diop/Bass
Dirk/Bass/Williams/George
Howard/Bass/Williams/Stack/George
Wright/Jet/Stack/Green
Kidd/Jet/Barea

You know the best part of that lineup? We don't have to play Devean George At all!!!
Hey! You are leaving Singleton off. Singleton is a very solid player and very athletic. I think he has pused ReyShawn Terry down the pecking order. I think that Singleton will get alot of time if they play him right.
  (#73) Old
Diamond Member

Default 10-10-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubOverdose
Who cares where he fits? Let him, Green, Singleton, and Wright battle it out for PT! My guess is that Howard and AW cover most of SG if we move Bass to more SF which I think we have to if we play Diop and Damp all game.
I think you have to be careful because its easy to fall in love with small ball. Especially when the majority of your depth is at the forward spot. I'm fine as long as Diop and Damp get all the minutes at the 5 but that's a unrealistic expectation since they always get in foul trouble early. All we can do is hope our perimeter defense is better than it was last time we had both Diop and Damp. The West has some of the fastest pg's in the league who attack the basket. I don't expect Kidd to keep up with them.
  (#74) Old
Golden Member
FreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest
Marquis was great here and all of a sudden he goes to Indiana and he's Dennis Rodman.
Marquis has become that good?

Dark is not the opposite of light. It's the absence of light.
  (#75) Old
Diamond Member

Default 10-10-2008, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
Marquis has become that good?
Well he's expected to have a bigger role on his team now that he is finally healthy, right now Quis has 13 points and 3 assists and 2 steals. The Pacers are in a tight game with the Bulls right now

Matrix taking flight...
  (#76) Old
Golden Member
FreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
right now Quis has 13 points and 3 assists and 2 steals
That's downright Rodman like.

Dark is not the opposite of light. It's the absence of light.
  (#77) Old
Diamond Member

Default 10-10-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive
That's downright Rodman like.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_z...eature=related

Matrix taking flight...

Last edited by LSMF; 10-10-2008 at 08:26 PM
  (#78) Old
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 7050
Default 10-10-2008, 08:27 PM

Rodman would have 13rebounds, 3points and two technicals...

Anyway, Im far from complaining about the trade. Its a very solid trade. If he doesnt pan out we let him expire. If he turns out like the next Kenyon Martin/Richard Jefferson or better then we can get full bird rights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGmlaZW2EyU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENw_P...eature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwEGr...eature=related

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 10-10-2008 at 08:33 PM
  (#79) Old
Golden Member
dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

Default 10-10-2008, 08:33 PM

I like the trade..........

--BUT--

During this years draft Donnie said the cost of moving up in the draft was too high to get a guy like Chalmers or Chris Douglas-Roberts but then here he goes and puts up two 2nd rounders and cash for Shawne Williams.......
  (#80) Old
Diamond Member
Evilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond reputeEvilmav2 has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 91
Default 10-10-2008, 08:44 PM

Quote:

I think you are making a very solid point here, as the odds are stacked against Shawne making an immediate impact with this veteran team. But that said, I'd still think that the compellingly intriguing thing about this deal is that if you look at the skill-sets of our swollen platoon of swing-men, Shawne Williams probably has the best pure jump-shot in the bunch, and he is also almost certainly the best passer.

Add that to the fact that he is a very polished offensive player (much, much more polished than your average 22 year old), and that his absurd length and very good mobility brings a little bit of a poor man's Kirilenko/T. Prince impact to his defensive game, and I'd say that he has the potential to force the coaching staff to play him for many, many more minutes than most folks would guess today.

Of course, he doesn't drive hard to the basket, he is completely in love with his jump-shot, and his slight frame puts him at a significant defensive disadvantage if he has to man up and play D at the four, but I still think that if he can stay healthy and out of trouble, and perhaps most importantly, if he can rebound at a high per minute rate at the SF spot, the coaching staff won't be able to keep him off the court, regardless of how many talented players we boast at his position. Playing at his best, he's too skilled, too tall, and I see him developing into much too smooth an offensive cog in the machine to keep off the court...

'There are two potential violators of man's rights: the Criminals and the Government. The great achievement of the United States was to draw a distinction between these two -- by forbidding to the second the legalized versions of the activities of the first...'