Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Everything Else > The Lounge

Old 05-25-2008, 05:56 PM   #1121
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

watched Superbad and Walk Hard this past weekend. I liked both of them, although I liked superbad more. I don't think the rewatchibility factor is high with either of them, at least for me.
Old 05-25-2008, 07:01 PM   #1122
LonghornDub

LonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond reputeLonghornDub has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the new Indy was horrendous. I'd give it a 1.5/10. George Lucas has lost his damn mind.

"Your'e a low-mentality drama gay queen!!" -- She_Growls
LonghornDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 08:31 PM   #1123
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute

i heard the same review from a friend. Said it was ridiculously cheesy.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:59 PM   #1124
Ninkobei
Platinum Member

Ninkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant futureNinkobei has a brilliant future

I'll agree that Indy is bad. the whole ending didnt make any sense to me and they skipped out on one of the more interesting parts (not wanting to give anything away, but I wanted to see another dimension). and please, Shia lebouf, dont make any more movies.

Last edited by Ninkobei; 05-25-2008 at 11:00 PM.
Ninkobei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 12:38 AM   #1125
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

The original three Indys are cheesy. What would you expect?

Saw Prince Caspian tonight. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that movie. If you liked the first I don't see why you wouldn't like this one.

I was a bit aggravated with some of the liberties they took with the source, but other than that I was quite pleased.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:16 AM   #1126
Nash13
Diamond Member

Nash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud ofNash13 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32

Saw Prince Caspian tonight. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that movie. If you liked the first I don't see why you wouldn't like this one.

I was a bit aggravated with some of the liberties they took with the source, but other than that I was quite pleased.

Are you kidding? Not one of those character were interesting. And in the first one, the forest animals at least contributed to the story rather than throw out a bunch of one-liners. The villan wasn't nearly as good as the 1st. The prince, who was one of if not the lead character, is the worse actor ever. I thought the movie was ok at best. It was a typical sequel.
The wind rises electric. She's soft and warm and almost weightless. Her perfume is sweet promise that brings tears to my eyes. I tell her that everything will be all right; that I'll save her from whatever she's scared and take her far far away. I tell her that I love her. The silencer makes a whisper of the gunshot. I hold her close until she's gone. I'll never know what she was running from. I'll cash her check in the morning.

~The Salesman
Nash13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:41 AM   #1127
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

1 and 3 are greatness. Pure greatness.

Temple of doom is awful.

Prince Caspian is good if you liked the first one? What if you didn't like the first one?
Old 05-26-2008, 08:23 AM   #1128
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash13
Are you kidding? Not one of those character were interesting. And in the first one, the forest animals at least contributed to the story rather than throw out a bunch of one-liners. The villan wasn't nearly as good as the 1st. The prince, who was one of if not the lead character, is the worse actor ever. I thought the movie was ok at best. It was a typical sequel.
If you have a problem with the villain then you have a problem with the book, not the movie. I didn't think Caspian was any worse of an actor than the boy who plays Edmund. It's a bunch of child and young adult actors, you have to deal with a bit of bad acting at times.

I will say one of the things that frustrated me was the way they removed the battling the Narnians did on their own before the four arrived. In the book the animals and Caspian go to Aslan's Howe themselves, and fight Miraz on their own for a while. Then when things get desperate they blow the horn. I guess they figured they didn't want to go that long without the four children inovled in the movie, but I thought it was a bad decision.

But overall I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

And if you didn't like the first I certainly wouldn't bother seeing this one.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
Old 05-26-2008, 08:24 AM   #1129
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

Temple of doom is awful.
Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've only ever seen the first one, and I was bored out of my mind.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2008, 09:48 AM   #1130
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If you have a problem with the villain then you have a problem with the book, not the movie. I didn't think Caspian was any worse of an actor than the boy who plays Edmund. It's a bunch of child and young adult actors, you have to deal with a bit of bad acting at times.

I will say one of the things that frustrated me was the way they removed the battling the Narnians did on their own before the four arrived. In the book the animals and Caspian go to Aslan's Howe themselves, and fight Miraz on their own for a while. Then when things get desperate they blow the horn. I guess they figured they didn't want to go that long without the four children inovled in the movie, but I thought it was a bad decision.

But overall I still enjoyed the movie quite a bit.

And if you didn't like the first I certainly wouldn't bother seeing this one.
As somewhat of a purist, I didn't like the Susan/Caspian kiss and love situation...also, I don't remember there being THAT much rivalry between Peter and Caspian in the book...But overall PC is not one of my favorite in the series (its my 4th most liked) and I think they did a fine job with source material far less interesting than the first book.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 09:51 AM   #1131
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I've only ever seen the first one, and I was bored out of my mind.
You are a nerd and there is no defense for you on this issue. ROTLA is one of the greatest action adventure movies of all time...it helped create a genre.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
Old 05-26-2008, 10:53 AM   #1132
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Temple of doom is awful.

Prince Caspian is good if you liked the first one? What if you didn't like the first one?
Have to agree about the Indys...1&3...some of the best entertainment ever. #2 sucked, #4..speilberg sold out on the story. Way too much chase crapola.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:04 AM   #1133
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
#4..speilberg sold out on the story. Way too much chase crapola.
I keep hearing this from EVERYBODY....sheesh why wait 20 years and then come out with junk?

Old 05-26-2008, 11:24 AM   #1134
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't exactly call it junk. It's got plenty of good fight scenes, chase scenes, etc. Not nearly enough story or comedy. I gave it a C.

But it's all about the benjamins brotha....
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:34 AM   #1135
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

on my first viewing way back when in the theatres, i thought Temple of Doom sucked....it was gory, and campy and i was disappointed that we got a (mostly) self contained action inside mystery mountain instead of a grand globe hopping epic of biblical proportions.

but...

one thing i like to judge a movie on is the test of time thing....how well it holds up to second, and perhaps third viewing.

in that regards i think Temple of Doom holds up pretty well -- it's a fun, crazy, and often very dark ride with over-the-top acting, zany villians, a classic damsel in distress, and a colorful sidekick.

it's like a B-movie on steriods. i give it an A+ as a B movie, so it's a solid "B" in my book.

Last edited by alexamenos; 05-26-2008 at 11:34 AM.
alexamenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:41 AM   #1136
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
it's like a B-movie on steriods. i give it an A+ as a B movie, so it's a solid "B" in my book.
thats just the problem...its not a low-budget, no talent B movie...it was the follow up to Raiders and was then followed by The Last Crusade....making at best a C- in my book...whereas Raiders is an A+ and Crusade is a solid A. (For its time and genre)

Old 05-26-2008, 11:44 AM   #1137
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
yet you feel qualified to make a broad statement saying all 3 Indy movies were cheesy?
Old 05-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #1138
alexamenos
Diamond Member

alexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond reputealexamenos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
thats just the problem...its not a low-budget, no talent B movie...it was the follow up to Raiders and was then followed by The Last Crusade....making at best a C- in my book...whereas Raiders is an A+ and Crusade is a solid A. (For its time and genre)
yeah............

..........maybe it's the expectations game at play???? when i viewed it then, i was disappointed. when i watch it now, without trying to fit it neatly into the Raiders trilogy, it's a fun movie that holds up fairly well...

and the chick is hot even if she's over-the-top.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:59 AM   #1139
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexamenos
yeah............

..........maybe it's the expectations game at play???? when i viewed it then, i was disappointed. when i watch it now, without trying to fit it neatly into the Raiders trilogy, it's a fun movie that holds up fairly well...

and the chick is hot even if she's over-the-top.
wasn't she Spielberg's wife?

Old 05-26-2008, 12:00 PM   #1140
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Boy Laroux
yet you feel qualified to make a broad statement saying all 3 Indy movies were cheesy?
Well the first one was cheesy, certainly. That's the one I can speak to. And I doubt the sequels got less cheesy, generally it's just the opposite.

And most of the people I know that like them admit that they are cheesy and campy.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-26-2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #1141
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
As somewhat of a purist, I didn't like the Susan/Caspian kiss and love situation...also, I don't remember there being THAT much rivalry between Peter and Caspian in the book...But overall PC is not one of my favorite in the series (its my 4th most liked) and I think they did a fine job with source material far less interesting than the first book.
Agree on both counts. As they were leaving at the end I was thinking "don't kiss him don't kiss him don't kiss...aaaahhhh".

And I agree on the content of the book as well. PC just doesn't have the greatest source material for a movie. Heck they had to completely add a battle scene that flat out didn't exist in the book to make it more interesting.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-26-2008 at 12:08 PM.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:12 PM   #1142
sike
The Preacha

Talking

Quote:
Agree on both counts. As they were leaving at the end I was thinking "don't kiss him don't kiss him don't kiss...aaaahhhh".

And I agree on the content of the book as well. PC just doesn't have the greatest source material for a movie. Heck they had to completely add a battle scene that flat out didn't exist in the book to make it more interesting.
and there is no doubt that Miraz is a total let down after the White Which. Talk about a drop off of gargantuan proportions...Lewis should have known better. (Look at me, questioning C.S. Lewis!)

Old 05-26-2008, 12:13 PM   #1143
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Well the first one was cheesy, certainly. That's the one I can speak to. And I doubt the sequels got less cheesy, generally it's just the opposite.

And most of the people I know that like them admit that they are cheesy and campy.
good fun campy...not just campy campy.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:37 PM   #1144
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

to me, there's a difference between campy and cheesy. cheesy is a negative - a "roll your eyes, this is dumb" movie.

Campy i can see. Campy can be (and often is) fun, as well as funny.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:40 PM   #1145
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
to me, there's a difference between campy and cheesy. cheesy is a negative - a "roll your eyes, this is dumb" movie.

Campy i can see. Campy can be (and often is) fun, as well as funny.
no doubt.

Old 05-26-2008, 02:57 PM   #1146
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Finally saw National Treasure 2 last night.

Pretty solid, I guess. Too much action, car chase stuff for me, not enough pseudo-fake history and clues.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #1147
sike
The Preacha

Quote:

Pretty solid, I guess. Too much action, car chase stuff for me, not enough pseudo-fake history and clues.
for a "leave your brain behind" movie...it was fine. (Funny enough, I watched it last night as well)

Old 05-26-2008, 03:06 PM   #1148
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:

Now there is a typical sequel. They didn't have enough cool history stuff left in their bag so they filled it with generic Hollywood stuff.

It wasn't terrible as long as you went into it expecting a sequel.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-26-2008, 03:09 PM   #1149
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Now there is a typical sequel. They didn't have enough cool history stuff left in their bag so they filled it with generic Hollywood stuff.

It wasn't terrible as long as you went into it expecting a sequel.
As it ended I was thinking, "Man, those dudes from days gone by sure knew how to set up cool booby traps!"

Old 05-26-2008, 03:55 PM   #1150
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Quote:
I keep hearing this from EVERYBODY....sheesh why wait 20 years and then come out with junk?
It has happened before...
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 03:57 PM   #1151
sike
The Preacha

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled
It has happened before...
I think we've found a common link...

Old 05-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #1152
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Just got out of narnia. It was really good, we were late to it so we had to sit in the front row so I might have missed stuff.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #1153
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Raiders of the Lost Ark?

sorry, but there is absolutly no way I will EVER give a single ounce of credence to an opinion you give an a movie again. Ever. Period.

really, I am serious.

(it would be roughly equivalent to letting you set me up on a blind date a few minutes after you stated that "you didn't understand the facination men seemed to have with women, per se, but you DID like to put lipstick on electric sanders and pickle jars and such")
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:44 AM   #1154
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsluggo
Raiders of the Lost Ark?

sorry, but there is absolutly no way I will EVER give a single ounce of credence to an opinion you give an a movie again. Ever. Period.

really, I am serious.

(it would be roughly equivalent to letting you set me up on a blind date a few minutes after you stated that "you didn't understand the facination men seemed to have with women, per se, but you DID like to put lipstick on electric sanders and pickle jars and such")
agree.. I read his take yesterday and I am still trying to understand. it's even to ridiculous to be a bit

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 05-27-2008 at 10:45 AM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:26 PM   #1155
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Dunno what to tell you. I saw it for the first time a couple months ago and was completely unimpressed. Perhaps it was ahead of its time when it was released. Maybe if I had seen it then I would have loved it. But comparing it to the current adventure films of the day, it's pretty bland. If I'm going to watch a mindless action flick (which I am fine with, I love mindless action flicks) I prefer for the action and the main character to be interesting.

So I guess the list of universally loved films that I was bored by is up to two, Raiders of the Lost Ark and Pulp Fiction.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Last edited by jthig32; 05-27-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #1156
ShaggyDirk
Diamond Member

ShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond reputeShaggyDirk has a reputation beyond repute

It's the formula that worked in the early 80's. Before Lucas went crazy, that particular formula was in both the Star Wars Trilogy and the Indy Trilogy. It wasn't just some mindless action flick in it's time. It is a fully developed plot with an unforgetable character. I agree with most of the things you say in this thread, but this is just so far gone from what I would consider a debatable difference of opinion.

Last edited by ShaggyDirk; 05-27-2008 at 01:43 PM.
ShaggyDirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:45 PM   #1157
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

Quote:
But comparing it to the current adventure films of the day, it's pretty bland.
let me guess, you prefer "National Treasure"?
Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 PM   #1158
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
let me guess, you prefer "National Treasure"?
Well.....yeah.

National Treasure is certainly nothing special, but I'd be lying if I denied enjoynig it more than the first Indy. I'm sure I'll catch more grief for that.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
Old 05-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #1159
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member

well, seeing as national treasure is essentially an Indy rip-off, that's why i mentioned it.

an indy rip-off with a far less interesting main character.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:34 PM   #1160
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

Quote:
well, seeing as national treasure is essentially an Indy rip-off, that's why i mentioned it.

an indy rip-off with a far less interesting main character.
Well I don't find either character interesting.

However, the historical puzzles were far more interesting, imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game

Tags
annoying thread title, cadfail goes to work, flash fluff warning, got a bit fluffy in here, inception geeks..., stupidgookisstupid, what the fluff?