Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs by 20+ 1 25.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 10-19 1 25.00%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2020, 09:22 AM   #361
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Be thankful that we have Carlisle as coach. In the same market but different sport, the Rangers have a manager that is both an embarrassment and woefully in over his head. He complained about a player swinging on a 3-0 count and hitting a grand slam in a blowout and made the team the laughingstock of the league. And earlier in the week, he took Joey Gallo out of a game (the team's most dangerous hitter) because the team was down big. Sure enough, Gallo's spot came up with the bases loaded in the 9th inning with the team down 4. One of the most powerful players to ever play the game wasn't in to attempt to tie up the game because Woodward had decided that the game was a lost cause and had given him the rest of the game off. So be thankful we have Carlisle.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2020, 10:09 AM   #362
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Be thankful that we have Carlisle as coach. In the same market but different sport, the Rangers have a manager that is both an embarrassment and woefully in over his head. He complained about a player swinging on a 3-0 count and hitting a grand slam in a blowout and made the team the laughingstock of the league. And earlier in the week, he took Joey Gallo out of a game (the team's most dangerous hitter) because the team was down big. Sure enough, Gallo's spot came up with the bases loaded in the 9th inning with the team down 4. One of the most powerful players to ever play the game wasn't in to attempt to tie up the game because Woodward had decided that the game was a lost cause and had given him the rest of the game off. So be thankful we have Carlisle.
Agreed. And yes... I was beyond embarrassed as a Rangers fan with Woodward as well.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 03:13 PM   #363
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
Oh, for sure! I don't know much about the Stars, but the last good coach for either the Cowboys or Rangers was Bill Parcells. That was a WHILE ago.
KillerLeft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:45 PM   #364
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Say what?

I'm confused here

I stated that the mavs have a better chance of matching up with the clippers if they stick with bigger lineups

I've been calling for that KP, Kleber and DFS front line practically all year because I believe what they lack offensively they still make up for it with defense, rebounding and energy.

I've always felt the mavs could score enough points to sacrifice offense by starting maxi and DFS as opposed to curry and THJ

And boban still has a place off the bench because he just flat out produces.

I've repeatedly said you can play Curry and THJ there's nothing wrong with that but you can't over use those two guys vs the clippers because then you expose your team defensively and on the boards.

RC said himself after that last regular season matchup vs the clippers in the bubble that posed a physical challenge to our smaller lineups

And I think he made a great adjustment by finally buying into playing bigger lineups as much as possible vs them

He's playing those bigger lineups at much more consistent basis together and that fits playoff style basketball better IMO

Mavs were in control of game 1 until that bogus technical on KP so IMO again that bigger lineup was still working in game 1 despite the slow start.

I chalked that up to nervousness early on

You can clearly see we rebound and defend much better at the rim when we can remain big up front with KP, Kleber and DFS. Those were areas of the game doing the regular season where the clippers always exploited us especially late in games
Curry has played more minutes in the playoffs vs the Clips than the regular season.