Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 7 77.78%
Mavs lose by 1-9 1 11.11%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 AM   #161
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack.Kerr View Post
Sweet Moroni.....does anyone else feel like they're witnessing the Second Coming of Shawn Bradley?

Have to wonder what's going on inside KP's head right now, and what's causing his malaise. Think tonight was the worst I've ever seen him. So passive, tentative, and lacking confidence at both ends of the floor. He's got to get himself focused and centered, and I hope he can do it before the Nix game.

Carlisle can help by bringing some consistency to the lineup and rotations, and finding some sets that get him easier shots.

Luka can help by looking to feed KP early, and help him find his rhythm.

Donnie can help by keeping his eye peeled for an athletic, physical big to pair with KP in the frontcourt, and upgrade the talent through the end of the bench.

But ultimately, it's going to have to be KP finding confidence within himself, and being able to assert himself as a Top 10 player. This game was utter failure and a personal embarrassment for him.

Finally a word concerning Boban. Why sign him to sit on the bench? He is a unique enough player that he can force a change of pace on smaller teams for 10-12 mpg in a lot of situations. If he isn't productive, then back to the bench. But a DNP? How many does that make this year already?

If they're going to have a big man just to keep him on the bench, why did they not invest in Tacko Fall? He's younger, bigger and cheaper, and looks just as good seated on the bench as Boban.
KP was absolute garbage tonight. The foul trouble and bad shooting clearly effected his confidence. The worst moment for me was when he caught the ball about 4 feet from the basket with a smaller defender on him, and instead of taking the shot, he passed it about, and ended up drawing another foul. It was obvious his confidence was shaken. Not good.

All that being said, he did have a fantastic outing in his most recent game before tonight, to the tune of 28 pts 9 reb and 5 blk, and his numbers on the whole are solid, borderline all-star level numbers, on par with his career averages.

I said this in the previous game thread- I expect this to be an up and down season all around. I think KP getting comfortable with this team is going to be a slow, at times frustrating process. Hopefully at as frustrating as tonight though.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2019, 12:13 AM   #162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'd like to see KP start a game at center to see if that gets him going. Can't keep trying to get away playing a 7'3 guy at PF because the switches to quicker guys almost always happen, and he can't cover them on the wings. Also, not utilizing him better down low is a definitely misstep.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:20 AM   #163
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

No defending KP and THJ tonight. Thj had several lowlights but at least he was out there, KP was struggling so bad he got benched.

Kp trying to post up looked awkward. The way he was going up and under smaller defenders arms trying to draw a foul just isn't what he needs to be doing. He didnt look aggressive or motivated and he eventually just faded away. He needs to take a page from Powells book and roll hard off the screens he sets. Powell benefits so much from Luka and other guards by rolling hard and KP would too. Instead he wants to slip a half assed pick or not even screen Lukas defender for a perimeter shot. That and not moving enough in general off the ball is stagnating the flow and causing more spacing issues than presenting any real threat. That falls on the coaching too and twice now RC has taken responsibility for it.

Luka was GRITTY. He went toe to toe with several of their guards and none of them could stop him. Very impressive offensive game.

Wright had another impressive game. All around solid game with some big moments on both ends. He needs a handful of curry and THJ minutes.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:29 AM   #164
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Speaking of which, Doncic got 34 points, 9 assists, 6 rebounds, and my dick didn't even move... This kid has us so spoiled that I've become jaded to less-than-record-setting stat lines.
Mine moved. I thought he was extra fiesty showing anyone who tried to guard him that it wasn't happening. Especially off the drive. His handles and agressiveness in a hostile environment was awesome.

Him going at it with the front row fan that got kicked out was awesome too.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:48 AM   #165
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:
  • Although it's a loss, some positive aspects from the game. It was the third game in four nights on the road against a great team. So I guess being right there halfway through the fourth is a plus. And then I guess you can't expect to win when two of your starters are having off nights.
  • Defense decided the game imho. Celtics are a good team on that end and I'm not sure why we weren't trapping Kemba more when he got hot late. This is still a major work in progress and I'm not sure this team can even get to a decent level to be honest.
  • I hoped for a good KP game based on matchup and rest, and it turned out to be the complete opposite. He was awful on both ends, the Celtics specifically targeted him on pick and rolls.
  • Luka is Luka. Not sure what else to add at this point. He was in a special place in the third once again.
  • DFS is now shooting 9-for-30 from three for the season.
  • I liked our rotation a lot. These are pretty much the ten people that should see the floor. I'd still like Jackson to get more minutes and THJ less.
  • Ten games into the season I think it's fair to say that the most consistent guys outside Luka have been Maxi and Wright. I think both should get 30 minutes for now. They simply do not make many mistakes and Maxi's three point shot is rock solid as well. Closing in on .400 including tonight.
  • Told ya I was concerned about THJ giving himself confidence. That dude recognizing when he's not having it and taking a step back would make this team infinitely better. But it'll never happen of course.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:35 AM   #166
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Bingo... Hard to criticize the cook when the groceries are mediocre.
Carlisle isn't without flaws

In fact I keep hearing people defend this guy year after year.

He actually has 2 legit all start quality players on this roster and people are still giving him a free pass

Porzingus has become just a spot up 3 pt shooter in Dallas

For all the talk about Carlisle being innovative and brilliant you would think he could find better ways to get porzingus involved instead of just having him stand outside the 3 point line and hoist shots

How about using him in more pic n roll plays

How about isolating him at the top of ft line ala dirk and getting him more mid range shots

You guys can't be happy with Carlisle's coaching up to this point

Delon Wright gives the team a different look because he's really crafty at getting to the paint and tbh with you I actually like the fact that he doesn't settle for 3"s

I'm guessing that's why he probably doesn't play 30 mpg because he would screw up the analytics of Carlisle offense by taking more shots inside the paint as opposed to jacking up 3's

Samething with boban the guy seems to play very well in stretches with porzingus on the floor but guess what he's rendered useless unless a team plays big vs Dallas

Why the hell do the mavs have to matchup with other teams instead of just forcing teams to matchup with the mavs?

That is coaching not the players
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 01:52 AM   #167
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Why the hell do the mavs have to matchup with other teams instead of just forcing teams to matchup with the mavs?
Because outside of Luka and KP, the team pretty much sucks?

I'm sorta with you about Carlisle though. I do think he is still one of the better coaches in the league, but he is not and has never been perfect. His rotations have always been a bit weird, even during the magical championship run. I remember specifically that year that he leaned really heavily on Caron Butler, even though the team was clearly better with Marion on the floor. Butler's season-ending injury turned about to be a blessing in disguise because it forced Carlisle to put Marion in the starting lineup. And going back a little further, I firmly believe he cost us a playoff series against the Spurs the year before by using Barea heavily instead of Roddy Beaubois.

I think Carlisle is like a lot of old-school, highly accomplished coaches that tend to somewhat disregard or distrust young players, and take a long time to figure out how to use them, or learn to trust them.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:24 AM   #168
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Didn't see the game yet but I'm beginning to think that THJ playing horrible early in the season isn't such of a bad thing. And if there is something wrong with Seth (physically, mentally, bad fit, etc...) it is better to find out early. This will help Rick put together a consistent rotation and allow Donnie to find out who will need to be shipped out in trades for better fitting pieces.

Based on a lot of your comments and what I've seen so far, the rotation should be Luka/KP/Wright/DFS/Maxi with Brunson/Jackson/Boban/Powell forming our primary bench. Assuming we are completely stuck with Powell, I'd say Seth, THJ, Lee, and Broek will become trade pieces (if they aren't already) over the next few months.

Honestly, I'd love to see them bring Roby and Reaves into the picture and see what they can bring. I absolutely love the upside of Reaves because the guy has the tools to be an elite 3-D guard and has the ability to create like a PG.
Plus he'd bring some super athleticism to our team.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #169
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Yeah Kleber and DFS have looked really nice this season.
DFS is shooting 28% on 3s this season. He has looked the opposite of good. Cool he plays good defense. But the team sucks overall defensively so it doesnít matter.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #170
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
DFS is shooting 28% on 3s this season. He has looked the opposite of good. Cool he plays good defense. But the team sucks overall defensively so it doesnít matter.
Isn't that coaching though?

Carlisle encourages bad 3-pt shooters to shoot 3's

DFS is a solid player the fact that he is shooting 3's which is not his strength is because the coach dictates everyone shoots them.

He should be getting his points on layups, dunks, transition buckets and back door cuts but he's doing what the coach tells him to do which is shoot 3's

I believe the tandem of Wright and DFS starting together would fix some of the defensive issues on this team and also reduce the amount of 3's being jacked up

Wright is more interested in getting to the paint and scoring but we all know that's not what Carlisle values most.

Instead of looking for lineups that try to outshoot people how about looking for a lineup that brings both offense and defensive balance

Monty Williams that brought that type of balance to Phoenix with similar personel that RC has to work with in Dallas
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #171
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Carlisle isn't without flaws

In fact I keep hearing people defend this guy year after year.

He actually has 2 legit all start quality players on this roster and people are still giving him a free pass

Porzingus has become just a spot up 3 pt shooter in Dallas

For all the talk about Carlisle being innovative and brilliant you would think he could find better ways to get porzingus involved instead of just having him stand outside the 3 point line and hoist shots

How about using him in more pic n roll plays

How about isolating him at the top of ft line ala dirk and getting him more mid range shots

You guys can't be happy with Carlisle's coaching up to this point

Delon Wright gives the team a different look because he's really crafty at getting to the paint and tbh with you I actually like the fact that he doesn't settle for 3"s

I'm guessing that's why he probably doesn't play 30 mpg because he would screw up the analytics of Carlisle offense by taking more shots inside the paint as opposed to jacking up 3's

Samething with boban the guy seems to play very well in stretches with porzingus on the floor but guess what he's rendered useless unless a team plays big vs Dallas

That is coaching not the players
It's not Ricks intention to make KP a spot up shooter. KP just isn't decisive enough and maybe because he is still rusty. His picks are half assed and too often he wants to slip and attempt a perimeter shot. If he would just copy how Powell does the pnr, he would get 12ppg easy. 3 or 4 dunks a game minimum from that.

KP highlights from last night https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=We04YP9MCxw

@ 1:04 he basically just in the way until he gets the ball and then launches a 3. He doesn't set a definitive pick or cut.

Several times he has a "size mismatch" yet he goes up and under their arms to draw a foul as if he is Harden or Luka. Maybe he was fouled on some of those, but he's too big to bother doing that.

Old 11-12-2019, 12:07 PM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone think that this team would just instantly be good?

I'm just happy that we're above .500 with how much change we saw in the offseason.
Old 11-12-2019, 12:16 PM   #173
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

Luka barking at some Celtics fans
https://twitter.com/MavsHighlights/s...86291547344896
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 12:35 PM   #174
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Luka was barking back and forth with what looked like 4 of them in the 2nd half. Then the biggest mouth got kicked out after Luka stopped down to confront him.

That's why I appreciated his game so much last night. He didn't settle for dumb perimeter shots and chose to drive on some solid defenders and then turn around and yell back at the fans going at him. Gutsy performance

Last edited by SMC0007; 11-12-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:48 PM   #175
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
The Mavs suck at defense, so donít play the guys who are good at defense? Of course heís going to have to shoot a little better than that, but the Mavs have been one of the best offensive teams, so far this season, and thatís with KP struggling. They can stand to trade a little offense for defense.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:53 PM   #176
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Did anyone think that this team would just instantly be good?

I'm just happy that we're above .500 with how much change we saw in the offseason.
Same. Iím thrilled with the start, so far, but I was less optimistic than most here. Luka looks to have taken a much bigger leap forward than I would have expected so early. Iím also surprised at what we are seeing out of Maxi so far.
Old 11-12-2019, 06:03 PM   #177
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Luka was barking back and forth with what looked like 4 of them in the 2nd half. Then the biggest mouth got kicked out after Luka stopped down to confront him.

That's why I appreciated his game so much last night. He didn't settle for dumb perimeter shots and chose to drive on some solid defenders and then turn around and yell back at the fans going at him. Gutsy performance
I'm going to disagree. That's the maturity part of the equation with Luka that's lacking. Gotta learn to keep emotions in check. There's never ANY reason to engage with opposing fans and get distracted from the game. What could they have possibly said that warranted a response from him? Nothing. Play on.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 08:52 PM   #178
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
I'm going to disagree. That's the maturity part of the equation with Luka that's lacking. Gotta learn to keep emotions in check. There's never ANY reason to engage with opposing fans and get distracted from the game. What could they have possibly said that warranted a response from him? Nothing. Play on.
One of them said something bad enough to get kicked out, so clearly it was offensive or over the line. Jordan, Reggie, Bird, Kobe are a few of many players that have addressed an irrational fan especially front row when needed.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:48 PM   #179
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One of them said something bad enough to get kicked out, so clearly it was offensive or over the line. Jordan, Reggie, Bird, Kobe are a few of many players that have addressed an irrational fan especially front row when needed.
Artest, Westbrook (on a few occasions), Beverly too.

Did you ever see Dirk going at it with opposing fans though?

Better to see a player like Luka keep his focus on-court rather than be distracted by something in the stands.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 10:02 PM   #180
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Quote:

Better to see a player like Luka keep his focus on-court rather than be distracted by something in the stands.
And why are w wall of a sudden assuming that he wasnít focused on the game? I have seen people call Luka out for his emotions several times and in all instances I have found it strange because it somehow turned into that he is not mature enough.

Fans and players go at it all the time and thatís okay. There is also a line that gets crossed and clearly in this case something was done/ said that warranted this guy being kicked out. Luke had himself a great game despite all that and had fun doing it as he usually does.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:33 PM   #181
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:

Yea the key is he was extremely successful in doing his job and he was in control of his emotions the entire game and when it reached the point where security had to remove the fan.

He's not Dirk, and that's ok... but he damn sure isn't Artest or Westbrook either.

Old 11-13-2019, 03:58 PM   #182
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

I'm going to say this again for the 1000th time. Without defenders on this team, this team is going no where. And KP is showing me nothing so far, time to think about another trade, and for gods sake, get some serious shooters in here.
Old 11-13-2019, 04:02 PM   #183
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
I'm going to say this again for the 1000th time. Without defenders on this team, this team is going no where. And KP is showing me nothing so far, time to think about another trade, and for gods sake, get some serious shooters in here.
It's just that easy. In all seriousness KP and Curry were supposed to be our shooters.

Old 11-13-2019, 05:01 PM   #184
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's just that easy. In all seriousness KP and Curry were supposed to be our shooters.
KP and Curry should be fine. Both will get better. I think some continuity will go along way.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:30 AM   #185
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Bingo... Hard to criticize the cook when the groceries are mediocre.
Delon Wright. KP, Luka, Delon should all be solidified starters. Kleber should probably be on that list as well..
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:33 AM   #186
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessednegr0 View Post
Delon Wright. KP, Luka, Delon should all be solidified starters. Kleber should probably be on that list as well..
So, Luka, KP, Wright, and Kleber? That's one player shy of a starting lineup.
Old 11-14-2019, 12:39 AM   #187
blessednegr0

blessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of lightblessednegr0 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So, Luka, KP, Wright, and Kleber? That's one player shy of a starting lineup.
I wasn't mentioning a starting lineup. Those three, should be locks to start:
KP
Luka
Wright

Kleber (this one I feel can change based on matchup but I prefer him over Dwight.)

My preferred starting lineup every night is:
Seth
Wright
Luka
KP
Kleber

... I am not a coach though. I just think those are the best players on our team. The bench wouldn't be too horrible either:

Brunson
THJ
Jackson
Dodo
Powell

Again, it's just my opinion. These are the lineups and players grouped together that give us the best chance to win.
blessednegr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:35 AM   #188
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
KP and Curry should be fine. Both will get better. I think some continuity will go along way.
KP yes. Curry I'm not so sure about. He is averaging the exact same amount of points this season as he was last season. I'm not overly hating on him, but I'm trying to figure out what people think he is going to actually provide this team? He can hit threes, but when has he ever been a seriously impactful player?

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-14-2019 at 01:35 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:29 AM   #189
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
KP yes. Curry I'm not so sure about. He is averaging the exact same amount of points this season as he was last season. I'm not overly hating on him, but I'm trying to figure out what people think he is going to actually provide this team? He can hit threes, but when has he ever been a seriously impactful player?
I think the big picture was that when the offense runs smooth and they perfected the Luka&KP action, Seth provides spacing and should get a ton of open 3s.

Last season we were bottom-3 in 3p shooting.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 09:35 AM   #190
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Sign me up for a short-term burn (3 games min) of

Luka
Wright
Jackson - he's been good enough so far this year to be a spacer shooting 3's. We'll find out if he's legit with Luka dishing and Wright driving with option to kick out.
KP
Maxi

Last edited by turin; 11-14-2019 at 09:36 AM.
turin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 10:26 AM   #191
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
That's what I was thinking as well, but KP has a lot of room to grow and has shown to be able to do it, Curry on the other hand has not.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #192
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's what I was thinking as well, but KP has a lot of room to grow and has shown to be able to do it, Curry on the other hand has not.
Curry pretty much is what he is-- a spot up shooter who can occasionally create his own, with average defense. I think the talk of him being a "value contract" this offseason was a bit overblown. More MBT propaganda. Brook Lopez for basically vet min. last year was a crazy good value. Seth for 8m is actually an overpay. Lou Williams has essentially the same contract but his last year isn't even fully guaranteed. Lou Williams is twice the player Seth is.

Last edited by mac222b; 11-14-2019 at 12:01 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:20 PM   #193
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Curry pretty much is what he is-- a spot up shooter who can occasionally create his own, with average defense. I think the talk of him being a "value contract" this offseason was a bit overblown. More MBT propaganda. Brook Lopez for basically vet min. last year was a crazy good value. Seth for 8m is actually an overpay. Lou Williams has essentially the same contract but his last year isn't even fully guaranteed. Lou Williams is twice the player Seth is.
Absolutely