Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 7.69%
Mavs win by 10-19 3 23.08%
Mavs win by 1-9 5 38.46%
Mavs lose by 1-9 3 23.08%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2019, 09:30 AM   #161
BigDog63
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 246
BigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Crap...I was going to go to this game, too....but an evening work call popped up on my calendar. :-(.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-19-2019, 09:32 AM   #162
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 35,464
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDog63 View Post
Crap...I was going to go to this game, too....but an evening work call popped up on my calendar. :-(.
Replays are your friend -- at least check out the highlights.
__________________
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:41 AM   #163
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 32,101
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

That Slovenian kid is alright.
__________________
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:42 AM   #164
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 17,360
DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGntTAcvss

4:33...THJ is wide open and Luka passed it to Jackson for a three. Hopefully a foreshadow of things to come.
__________________
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:03 AM   #165
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLGntTAcvss

4:33...THJ is wide open and Luka passed it to Jackson for a three. Hopefully a foreshadow of things to come.
Yea, well the biggest concern with THJ isn't him taking wide open shots. It's when he is in full on Kobe mode and taking bad shots.

There really is no reason physically why he shouldn't be a solid player. He's quick, athletic, agile and can dribble, it's just his head that gets in the way. He started the season much better than he has been in the last handful of games but all the hope for him to just play a role has gone out the window. The more he presses and gets frustrated the worse version him comes out.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:21 PM   #166
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 35,464
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Yea, well the biggest concern with THJ isn't him taking wide open shots. It's when he is in full on Kobe mode and taking bad shots.

There really is no reason physically why he shouldn't be a solid player. He's quick, athletic, agile and can dribble, it's just his head that gets in the way. He started the season much better than he has been in the last handful of games but all the hope for him to just play a role has gone out the window. The more he presses and gets frustrated the worse version him comes out.
The big problem with THJ is that he refuses to move the ball once it's in his hands.
__________________
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:41 PM   #167
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland
Posts: 1,114
endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all
Default

Still think the rotation moves are probably clear. Maxi needs to start every game and play most of the minutes at those 4/5 spots. Hardaway is a specialist at this point and if his shot isnít falling, he can ride the bench. Seth picks up a lot of his minutes and we feature him like a 6th man. Brunson should play backup guard minutes- not a featured role but can play more when heís on. Boban should be in the rotation nightly, even if itís one change of pace shift.
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:15 PM   #168
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 32,101
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

After this game
2nd in OFFRTG (0.1 behind the Rockets)
18th in DEFRTG
11th in rebound %
__________________
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #169
daneelius
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
daneelius is on a distinguished road
Default

THJ has actually been a very solid corner three player for us this year (shooting 40% on corner 3s, 15th out of 25 players with at least 20 attempts this season). If Carlisle and Luka could get him to stop doing much of anything else on offense, he would be a solid contributor there (instead of one what he is currently, which is one of the largest offensive liabilities in the league).

The problem is, his defense / rebounding / ball movement aren't strong enough for him to be a DFS style 3 and D guy. Given his weaknesses in those areas, I don't think there's really much justification at all for playing him any minutes over Jackson.

Last edited by daneelius; 11-19-2019 at 02:29 PM.
daneelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:45 PM   #170
daneelius
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
daneelius is on a distinguished road
Default

More stats after Kristaps embarassing post performance last night....

Kristaps is 33rd in post scoring efficiency out of 37 qualified players (10 game played, 10 min per game) where at least 10% of their offensive possessions are post ups (nba.com link). The only players doing worse are Ben Simmons, Steven Adams, Marc Gasol, and Omari Spellman.
daneelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #171
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
The big problem with THJ is that he refuses to move the ball once it's in his hands.
I feel like him not moving the ball is the same thing as him taking a lot of bad shots, with exception to the possession ending up in a turnover.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 03:24 PM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 32,101
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneelius View Post
More stats after Kristaps embarassing post performance last night....

Kristaps is 33rd in post scoring efficiency out of 37 qualified players (10 game played, 10 min per game) where at least 10% of their offensive possessions are post ups (nba.com link). The only players doing worse are Ben Simmons, Steven Adams, Marc Gasol, and Omari Spellman.
What a strange thing to bag on him for as he hasn't really played post-up ball for us. Post-ups make up only 15% of his overall possessions and he's playing only his 12th game since almost missing two whole seasons.

I think he does need to post up more (and obviously get his eFG% up when he does), but its a strange thing to criticize him for at this point in the season.
__________________

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-19-2019 at 03:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:43 PM   #173
daneelius
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 3
daneelius is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
What a strange thing to bag on him for as he hasn't really played post-up ball for us. Post-ups make up only 15% of his overall possessions and he's playing only his 12th game since almost missing two whole seasons.

I think he does need to post up more (and obviously get his eFG% up when he does), but its a strange thing to criticize him for at this point in the season.
"Only 15%" makes him one of the highest post-usage players left in the league. In terms of "bagging" on him...Kristaps has been really solid as a high-volume above-the-break 3-point shooter and rim finisher His problem has been paint shots not at the rim, and mid-range shots, and those are often the result of him posting up.

I think the big question for Kristaps and the Mavs as this year develops will be what to do with the mid-range/post-up portion of his game. They could continue to try to develop it, as that's the main way he ends up as a superstar in this league down the road. Or, they could abandon it for a more modern 3's and dunks only approach, which could lead to more wins this season, but likely limit his long-term potential.
daneelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 04:59 PM   #174
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 32,101
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daneelius View Post
"Only 15%" makes him one of the highest post-usage players left in the league. In terms of "bagging" on him...Kristaps has been really solid as a high-volume above-the-break 3-point shooter and rim finisher His problem has been paint shots not at the rim, and mid-range shots, and those are often the result of him posting up.

I think the big question for Kristaps and the Mavs as this year develops will be what to do with the mid-range/post-up portion of his game. They could continue to try to develop it, as that's the main way he ends up as a superstar in this league down the road. Or, they could abandon it for a more modern 3's and dunks only approach, which could lead to more wins this season, but likely limit his long-term potential.
The thing is that he never was that efficient in the post at any point in his career. He was 43% eFG% in the last year he played. He's shooting 33% from there now, which has to be because it's been 1.5 years since he's played and on a brand new team. It will come up, but I don't anticipate he will ever be Shaq.

I'm personally not even concerned with his post-ups. His eFG% was 47% on jump shots but 43% on post-ups. Dude is better shooting jumpers than posting it up and inefficient post-ups are the worst shot in basketball. It wouldn't hurt his game to work on his post-game just to add a new dimension to his game, but I'd honestly be perfectly happy if all he ever did was either dunk it or shoot a jumper. Those are both very efficient shots for him that work for his strengths and also have lots of possibilities with Doncic (he'll need to dunk in the PnR and shoot jumpers in the PnP)

The only thing I'm concerned with is how well he works with Doncic. So far, he hasn't had a lot of synergy with Doncic. He's had very few PnPs/PnRs. Primarily he either gets an ISO/post-up/drive it or floats out for an assisted three. If he wants to be our second star, he needs to work well with Doncic or be more efficient as a creator.
__________________

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-19-2019 at 05:08 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 09:39 PM   #175
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
The thing is that he never was that efficient in the post at any point in his career. He was 43% eFG% in the last year he played. He's shooting 33% from there now, which has to be because it's been 1.5 years since he's played and on a brand new team. It will come up, but I don't anticipate he will ever be Shaq.

I'm personally not even concerned with his post-ups. His eFG% was 47% on jump shots but 43% on post-ups. Dude is better shooting jumpers than posting it up and inefficient post-ups are the worst shot in basketball. It wouldn't hurt his game to work on his post-game just to add a new dimension to his game, but I'd honestly be perfectly happy if all he ever did was either dunk it or shoot a jumper. Those are both very efficient shots for him that work for his strengths and also have lots of possibilities with Doncic (he'll need to dunk in the PnR and shoot jumpers in the PnP)

The only thing I'm concerned with is how well he works with Doncic. So far, he hasn't had a lot of synergy with Doncic. He's had very few PnPs/PnRs. Primarily he either gets an ISO/post-up/drive it or floats out for an assisted three. If he wants to be our second star, he needs to work well with Doncic or be more efficient as a creator.
If he would set solid picks he could get into mismatches and better positions overall to work from. Too much floating around the perimeter.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 10:23 PM   #176
turin
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,061
turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If he would set solid picks he could get into mismatches and better positions overall to work from. Too much floating around the perimeter.
Agree. His picks are terrible. He looks like he is always avoiding any contact.

Last edited by turin; 11-19-2019 at 10:24 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 11:11 PM   #177
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 35,464
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Agree. His picks are terrible. He looks like he is always avoiding any contact.
Maybe he is... Injuries can be traumatic, but it's not the worst idea to trust your instinct and overprotect yourself after getting a taste of your mortality. Especially when you're young. He's smart enough to play the long game with his health. He'll get more comfortable, give it time.
__________________

Last edited by Underdog; 11-19-2019 at 11:12 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 02:00 AM   #178
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

I think it's more just his style but if he wants to become more and if we want a chance to get to the playoffs and beyond, then he needs to start setting solid picks and create more opportunities from it.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 04:30 AM   #179
FollowedKPtodallas
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 11
FollowedKPtodallas has a spectacular aura aboutFollowedKPtodallas has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Agree. His picks are terrible. He looks like he is always avoiding any contact.

Hes always been terrible with picks. setting a good screen is very physical and that's just not him, and with his body type and knee injury do we want him setting Steven Adams type picks??

KP is gonna be better...he shot 39.5% from 3 as a 22 year old shooting 5 a game. His shot is pure.


I hate hate hate it when he gets in the high post. backing in from 18 feet, he goes nowhere and he turns around and shoots a contested tough shot and bricks it.

In NY they would run a play when he starts downlow they do quick screen on his man and he flares to the FT line and with his length he would have an open 15 footer. ez bucket.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 06:29 AM   #180
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,752
rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future
Default

Most of KP's weaknesses seem to be related to a lack of lower body strength.
KP could become absolutely dominant if he ever strengthens those legs.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:48 AM   #181
Skywalker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: BRAZIL
Posts: 3,187
Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute
Default

You've a greater chance of injury by setting soft picks than hard tbh (I can't remember seeing someone getting injured setting a pick period, but still) ...though you can barely call what KP is doing a soft pick most of the times anyway
__________________


Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 11-20-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:55 AM   #182
turin
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,061
turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Maybe he is... Injuries can be traumatic, but it's not the worst idea to trust your instinct and overprotect yourself after getting a taste of your mortality. Especially when you're young. He's smart enough to play the long game with his health. He'll get more comfortable, give it time.
Good point.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 08:58 AM   #183
turin
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,061
turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
You've a greater chance of injury by setting soft picks than hard tbh (I can't remember seeing someone getting injured setting a pick period, but still) ...though you can barely call what KP is doing a soft pick most of the times anyway
When I think of injury with KP and picks, knocking knees is what first comes to my mind, or at least getting his shins busted by opponents knees. :-O
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:38 AM   #184
Dallas41
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 47
Dallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Kp imo has a similar body type to Anthony Davis

I don't ever expect him to kill it down low but at 7'3 and agile he should still be somewhat effective in the post similar to Davis.

Dirk for years was considered just a jump shooter but he became a threat even on post up as his career moved forward.

At some point KP has to develope a post game or mid range game that keeps defenders off balance. Kevin McHale was a skinny dude to but that didn't stop him from being a good low post scorer.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:45 AM   #185
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
Hes always been terrible with picks. setting a good screen is very physical and that's just not him, and with his body type and knee injury do we want him setting Steven Adams type picks??

KP is gonna be better...he shot 39.5% from 3 as a 22 year old shooting 5 a game. His shot is pure.


I hate hate hate it when he gets in the high post. backing in from 18 feet, he goes nowhere and he turns around and shoots a contested tough shot and bricks it.

In NY they would run a play when he starts downlow they do quick screen on his man and he flares to the FT line and with his length he would have an open 15 footer. ez bucket.
If he is that concerned with injuring his knee from setting a pick, then that's sad. Setting a solid pick/screen doesn't have to be as extreme as Steven Adams. Dirk, KD and 100 other smaller players than KP do it effectively every single game. It's impossible to avoid contact on the floor, I've seen him go all out for a block or putback dunk and land awkwardly or just like Monday he comes barreling down lane chasing a guard from the other end of the court and falls hard and slides basically to the end line from the free throw line. For a C/PF over 7' you have to add that to your game unless you truly want to limit yourself and be a spot up shooter, there is just no way around it.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:04 PM   #186
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,961
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
You've a greater chance of injury by setting soft picks than hard tbh (I can't remember seeing someone getting injured setting a pick period, but still) ...though you can barely call what KP is doing a soft pick most of the times anyway
yea, not having a solid base set for the pick seems like where a knee injury comes from. What he is doing is often just killing spacing for Luka.
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:14 PM   #187
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,586
Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute
Default #evolveordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Most of KP's weaknesses seem to be related to a lack of lower body strength.
KP could become absolutely dominant if he ever strengthens those legs.
You may be right, but that is an off-season project. What can be done in the short-term? Pick-and-roll.

I think about Dirk, and how his resolve and toughness were questioned at a similar point in his career. Avery Johnson gets a tough read on this board, but even Dirk acknowledges that Avery pushed him to the next level by encouraging (forcing) him to develop a low-post game, which also coincided with Dirk doing a strength program to add muscle (which he later shed) in order to handle the rigors of playing an inside game. Adding the lowpost moves to his game made Dirk an MVP.

What's more, when Carlisle came along and moved Dirk to the high- and mid-post, Dirk could keep smaller defenders on his hip, and keep the ball away from them while he maneuvered for space to get off a shot.

First the shot, then the pump fakes, then the and-ones. And then unguardable.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.