Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 09-07-2009, 07:17 PM   #81
Jon Avalon
Platinum Member

Jon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to allJon Avalon is a name known to all

Hehe yea i saw that on the DB forums as well, not a bad job at all if it is fake. Probably is.

The more i look at it, it actually grows on me. If it is real though, not bad. I'll buy it and be anxious to see them wear it in a game.

Last edited by Jon Avalon; 09-07-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Jon Avalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2009, 07:23 PM   #82
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

That was Windmill that posted that guys. Since he did nothing but post the pic, I feel pretty confident in saying that's one of his creations.

Great job though. Clearly a take on the old Atlanta alternate.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #83
Windmill360
Diamond Member

Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute

I went out and bought myself an alternate Marion jersey and I have to say it's one of the best ones out there. I thought the blue was going to be a lighter shade but it reminds me of Orlando's blue. It's almost the same shade. Changing from green to blue makes a huge difference. The green jersey didn't fit the mavs for some reason. The numbers are now silver... great choice.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:37 PM   #84
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

I wholeheartedly disagree on the color. The green made those jerseys almost feel like a throwback, while being a currents style.

The new jerseys, in a vacuum, are fine. The fact that the new jerseys are basically the old jerseys with a different color scheme is dumb, imo.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:59 PM   #85
dirno2000
Diamond Member

dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32 View Post
I wholeheartedly disagree on the color. The green made those jerseys almost feel like a throwback, while being a currents style.

The new jerseys, in a vacuum, are fine. The fact that the new jerseys are basically the old jerseys with a different color scheme is dumb, imo.
I was hoping for something new myself.

Just a shot in the dark but maybe they figured they'd sell just as many jersey's and avoid paying someone to create a new design.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:56 PM   #86
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

I really like it. Alot.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #87
craggmac
Golden Member

craggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud ofcraggmac has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by craggmac View Post
Couple of more options that I thought might be cool...

Well, I got close anyway
Old 08-02-2018, 09:44 AM   #88
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Can has new unis?

https://www.centraltrack.com/dallas-...ncic-era-2018/
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:08 AM   #89
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by untitled View Post
I've seen all of these on Twitter, and that black Texas jersey is easily the best... Like, way better than the clunky black jersey we used last year.

Last edited by Underdog; 08-02-2018 at 11:09 AM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #90
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Anything with that awesome throwback green in it please.
Old 08-02-2018, 01:37 PM   #91
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I've seen all of these on Twitter, and that black Texas jersey is easily the best... Like, way better than the clunky black jersey we used last year.
I like the black one and I also like the City edition one.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #92
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

They all suck.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 12:12 PM   #93
untitled
Golden Member

untitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud ofuntitled has much to be proud of

Huh

https://www.dmagazine.com/frontburne...s-have-leaked/
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:01 PM   #94
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I wait to see them live...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 01:04 PM   #95
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Like the green, but the logo is a little too late 80s/early 90s for me.
Old 11-14-2019, 02:04 PM   #96
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Has a Looney Tunes look to it to me. lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 02:22 PM   #97
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Straight garbage

Old 11-14-2019, 03:23 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

WOW that's awful! That's as bad as those trash bag uniforms from the 2004 opener.

I for one thing the Mavs are way overdue for a complete visual overhaul. New uniforms, new logo, new colors, everything. The logo in particular is extremely early 2000s.

I found this design floating around online, and I dig it. I love the mix of old and new. It's retro but has a timeless feel.

Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #99
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
WOW that's awful! That's as bad as those trash bag uniforms from the 2004 opener.

I for one thing the Mavs are way overdue for a complete visual overhaul. New uniforms, new logo, new colors, everything. The logo in particular is extremely early 2000s.

I found this design floating around online, and I dig it. I love the mix of old and new. It's retro but has a timeless feel.

Put the green in for the white and I'm in. Those green jerseys were so unique and that color went well with blue. Green or nothing!
Old 11-14-2019, 05:50 PM   #100
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

90s are back bigtime.

I think a lot of people are going to love those.

I just had to live through the atrocity that was the 1990s once, so I'm not digging the vibe.
Old 11-14-2019, 06:11 PM   #101
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post

It looks like a blue apple. It's still better than the green marvel looking one

Old 11-19-2019, 05:22 PM   #102
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/...691405824?s=21

The gradient in the blue to make it look like off brand Fubu is just magnificent. It’s absolutely impressive how a franchise with someone as cool to follow as Luka Doncic could be so ragingly uncool
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:20 PM   #103
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

I like the colors, but that font is just... no. It belongs on a Nickelodeon cartoon circa 1993.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:27 PM   #104
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Ghey

Old 11-19-2019, 07:58 PM   #105
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

They are horrifically bad even from the most
simple design standpoint. This will be a meme when they wear them
Old 11-19-2019, 10:21 PM   #106
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

They'll look a lot better once they're finished. I can't believe they released them prior to adding Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam to them.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:07 PM   #107
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
They'll look a lot better once they're finished. I can't believe they released them prior to adding Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam to them.
X-TREME 90s!!!

Old 11-19-2019, 11:16 PM   #108
DavidDaMonkey
Platinum Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Ghey

Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-19-2019, 11:25 PM   #109
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

These uniforms are aimed straight at the fortnite crowd make no mistake about it. I'm fine with a kid friendly uniform even if I don't really care for it.
Old 11-20-2019, 08:36 AM   #110
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine how many people were involved and how many meetings were had regarding this design and yet it still got a green light...(pun not intended)

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.

Last edited by Skywalker; 11-20-2019 at 08:37 AM.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 09:05 AM   #111
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
X-TREME 90s!!!

Now that's what I'm talking about! Love me some Tasmanian Devil and Marvin the Martian! :-D

Last edited by turin; 11-20-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 09:06 AM   #112
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Imagine how many people were involved and how many meetings were had regarding this design and yet it still got a green light...(pun not intended)
What's the over/under for lines running from the main hookah at this meeting? I'll start with 12. :-D

Last edited by turin; 11-20-2019 at 09:06 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #113
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

when old designer trying to be "fresh"
Old 11-20-2019, 11:16 AM   #114
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

That's absolutely awful....
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 11:32 AM   #115
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidDaMonkey View Post
Huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wha? They suck

Old 11-20-2019, 11:35 AM   #116
sefant77
Guru

I picture the design team like this:

Old 11-20-2019, 12:05 PM   #117
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

This uniform set should be required to be weared with one of those hats with a propellor on it
Old 11-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #118
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
when old designer trying to be "fresh"
Looks like they were designed by the Fresh Prince. These are awful. Even the colors looks like the Timberwolves colors.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 12:47 PM   #119
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Seattle SeaMavs or Minnesota timberMavs

Old 11-20-2019, 01:00 PM   #120
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Looks like they were designed by the Fresh Prince. These are awful. Even the colors looks like the Timberwolves colors.

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote