Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #81
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas has a spectacular aura aboutFollowedKPtodallas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
KP got fouled on that post up
I can't imgaine his frustration when he turns on smaller guys gets hit on the elbow misses the shot by 2 feet. Never gets the call.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2019, 09:36 PM   #82
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Been saying this for awhile now. His defense isn’t that great to cover all the offensive deficiencies.
You've been right on the money. He hit 2 clutch 3's earlier several games ago and looked like he might have turned a corner, but I think he's showing that he is what he is, and there wasn't another level for him to step up to.
turin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:37 PM   #83
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
I can't imgaine his frustration when he turns on smaller guys gets hit on the elbow misses the shot by 2 feet. Never gets the call.
It's even worse for Boban, but yeah, KP doesn't get the calls anything like a smaller guy would.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:38 PM   #84
turin
Diamond Member

LOL, Luka just double dribbled and the refs missed it.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:40 PM   #85
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Team sucks
Old 11-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #86
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
LOL, Luka just double dribbled and the refs missed it.
We've gotten away with a few travels so far too

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:42 PM   #87
turin
Diamond Member

How low does the Mavs 3-pt shooting have to drop to before Broekhoff gets a shot? 25%? Asking for a friend. ;-)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #88
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
We've gotten away with a few travels so far too
Yeah, that emphasis for the season lasted all of 3 or 4 games. LOL
Old 11-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #89
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Team sucks

Luka with a bunch of scrub role players outside of Porzingis. This team is very very mediocre and bottom 5 in the league without Doncic on the court.

Very Lebron like early in his career with the Cavs

Last edited by twistaeffect2004; 11-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.
twistaeffect2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #90
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

The Raptors are doubling Luka on the perimeter every time he touches the ball, and it's clearly bothering him. 5 turnovers in the first have. Not good. He needs to stop forcing that overhead heave across the court.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:44 PM   #91
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

All resources are tied up in KP and guess what that means? We have ZERO defense. Our defensive philosophy sucks, couple that with zero defenders on the floor. We literally have 2 starters, the rest are 2nd and 3rd teamers.

Last edited by mavsjunkie; 11-16-2019 at 09:44 PM.
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:45 PM   #92
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistaeffect2004 View Post
Luka with a bunch of scrub role players outside of Porzingis. This team is very very mediocre and bottom 5 in the league without Doncic on the court.

Agreed. That’s what a mediocre off season gets the team.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:46 PM   #93
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Even struggling and playing well below his full potential, Porzingis is leaps and bounds better than any teammate Lebron had in his first several years.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:47 PM   #94
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My first post here being a former Knicks fan I can 100% say THJ is awful and can not be in the rotation on a winning team.
Welcome! Totally agree
mac222b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #95
turin
Diamond Member

If we can't hit 3's then we need to focus more on interior and post play, since the scoring is more reliable. Boban, KP, Luka, Maxi, and Wright. BIG lineup. Hammer at em. Gonna lose bricking all those 3's. At least try to play to one of the team's strengths with that BIG lineup. Not gonna happen, but I like to think outside the box and at least try something different when it's obvious staying the same course will result in another L.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:49 PM   #96
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
yeah - they've made 9 of 18 and we are 4 of 19
Sad part is uncle ricky is going to keep coaching them up to shoot it even if they can get better shots closer to the rim.

I love luka and kp but if your being a open minded fan to watch these two guys shoot around 30% themselves from three you can't be happy

Yes we can bash DFS, Curry, Wright and Brunson for not hitting 3's but the team overall sucks including our two main pieces from deep.

Seems like coaching would adjust this and run more set plays to get midrange jumpers involved curry and KP seem like they would thrive in a midrange game off set plays but nope let's just leave them standing around the 3 pt line with no movement involved

I really see a system that is being forced upon players that doesn't fit or work

So why not adjust your system to what the players do best?

At least I thought that's what good coaches really do
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #97
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I still think Delon (sadly) is the closest thing we have to a 3rd option and needs to be cultivated as such. We need that and KP to get comfortable to have any shot at the playoffs.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #98
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

I still don't understand why the hell a Luka-KP pick and roll isn't the focus of our offense. I honestly don't think I saw them run one single pick and roll that entire first half.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:50 PM   #99
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
My first post here being a former Knicks fan I can 100% say THJ is awful and can not be in the rotation on a winning team.
I'd say I feel for you for dealing with Dolan but since Many here deal with Jerry Jones.... Well I'll just say, the support meetings are Tuesdays at 8 CST.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:53 PM   #100
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I still don't understand why the hell a Luka-KP pick and roll isn't the focus of our offense. I honestly don't think I saw them run one single pick and roll that entire first half.
I’ve wondered this as well
Old 11-16-2019, 09:54 PM   #101
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’ve wondered this as well
KP's screens completely suck. Now if he could set a screen like Boban, you could run that damn play to an NBA title.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #102
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We know that and we cant wait for 2021. But of course you eat his contract if you can get KP...

I think the FO still hopes they can turn him into a more effective player like they did with Jason Terry, who was also a low percentage scorer in Atlanta for five years
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:55 PM   #103
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
Sad part is uncle ricky is going to keep coaching them up to shoot it even if they can get better shots closer to the rim.

I love luka and kp but if your being a open minded fan to watch these two guys shoot around 30% themselves from three you can't be happy

Yes we can bash DFS, Curry, Wright and Brunson for not hitting 3's but the team overall sucks including our two main pieces from deep.

Seems like coaching would adjust this and run more set plays to get midrange jumpers involved curry and KP seem like they would thrive in a midrange game off set plays but nope let's just leave them standing around the 3 pt line with no movement involved

I really see a system that is being forced upon players that doesn't fit or work

We 100% should not be shooting so many fkin 3's when we are just so bad at them. But I guess to counter... Which of these clowns outside of KP and Luka have the requisite skillset to adjust anything for?

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 11-16-2019 at 09:56 PM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #104
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
We need more Barea
OldWhiteGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 09:56 PM   #105
twistaeffect2004
Diamond Member

twistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant futuretwistaeffect2004 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Even struggling and playing well below his full potential, Porzingis is leaps and bounds better than any teammate Lebron had in his first several years.

Your absolutely right. But the supporting cast is very reminiscent to what the Cavs surrounded LeBron with for years. Guys like Seth Curry, DFS, Dwight Powell, Justin Jackson.... those are damn near end of bench guys. We’re relying on them way too heavily. They are what they are...they’ll have decent games every now and again, but the consistency will never be there. Unless by consistent you’re looking for very mediocre or below average of course on a pretty steady basis.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #106
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
We 100% should not be shooting so many fkin 3's when we are just so bad at them. But I guess to counter... Which of these clowns outside of KP and Luka have the requisite skillset to adjust anything for?
when you are able to create so damn many open threes, you have to take them. But you have to put the player on the court who are able to knock them down.

Thats why the S5 should include Seth, Jackson and Kleber.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #107
turin
Diamond Member

Seth must have the worst hands on the team. SMH
Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #108
OldWhiteGuy

OldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the roughOldWhiteGuy is a jewel in the rough

Saw Cuban interviewed before the season started and he was talking about the new emphasis on threes and how the Mavs would be shooting 37%. Sounds like a good plan in theory but doesn't seem to be working out too well.
OldWhiteGuy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:05 PM   #109
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Should be close to another Luka triple-double.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #110
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
when you are able to create so damn many open threes, you have to take them. But you have to put the player on the court who are able to knock them down.

At this point, I'd prefer Broekhoff in there for Seth. :-O
Old 11-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #111
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the roughDallas41 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Your absolutely right. But the supporting cast is very reminiscent to what the Cavs surrounded LeBron with for years. Guys like Seth Curry, DFS, Dwight Powell, Justin Jackson.... those are damn near end of bench guys. We’re relying on them way too heavily. They are what they are...they’ll have decent games every now and again, but the consistency will never be there. Unless by consistent you’re looking for very mediocre or below average of course on a pretty steady basis.
I disagree about curry

He played very well in sactown when got minutes

1st time around in Dallas he played very well but he was used much different that year because he had the ball in his hands more

And he played effective for a playoff team in Portland that went to the WCF so he's not a end of the bench player especially if you have a coach that can utilize him right
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #112
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:

I agree with Jackson and Kleber. Not sure I agree on Seth though. He gets open looks to me he just doesn't pull the trigger imo.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:06 PM   #113
AO41
Platinum Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

Again..what’s up with Seths hands
Old 11-16-2019, 10:08 PM   #114
turin
Diamond Member

KP really looking good at the 5 on Gasol.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:09 PM   #115
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Maxi having a decent game.
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:09 PM   #116
sefant77
Guru

another broken play, another three for Toroonto
Old 11-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #117
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
another broken play, another three for Toroonto
SSDD
Old 11-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #118
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

Have thought about this too. Both KP and Luka are very good at the midrange. I think there should be looks here and minimize the chucking of threes.
Old 11-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #119
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like we remembered how to play basketball

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #120
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

KP heating up. I'm convinced that his relative struggles so far this season have been almost entirely in his head. He looks much more confident this quarter. Twice in a row he caught the ball down low and just shot a very quick turnaround, and hit it both times. That's the way he needs to do it, instead of hesitating and putting the ball on the floor.