Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 4 40.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 3 30.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 2 20.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-21-2019, 03:03 AM   #81
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:
  • What a fun game for Mavs fans. It probably was the first game all season I was relaxed from start to finish. Not Grizzlies or Cleveland pulling away late, or losing two times against the Knicks. Just a straight beating of a bad team. Great!
  • Luka man, he's doing stuff. +45 in a 48 point win in 26 minutes. The Mavs basically compiled their margin of victory with him on the floor.
  • I really want to root for THC, but all I can think of is how games like these will just give him the leeway to shoot horribly in the next five. That said, he was excellent tonight and didn't pull his usual shenanigans. Just one thing: Let's not talk about him replacing Curry in the starting unit.
  • Brunson quietly has put together a nice string of games lately. After a bad start he might be at the verge of pulling it around, which would be huge for the Mavs.
  • Glad for our bench warmers that they could play a little in the 4th. Lee 4-5, Broek 3-5. BOBAN with 20 minutes, Jackson with 29. Blowouts keep everyone happy.
  • The assist rate was again excellent tonight. Make that three games in a row with an elite AST% of ~65%. Guys learn to play with each other. Especially liked THJ with 4. We're also seeing more play incorporated into the offense for Luka and KP. The league's best offense is not even at its peak yet.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2019, 06:12 AM   #82
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Yeah the lack of JJB minutes is puzzling, and I'm not only talking about this game. He looked good when he played tbh
I still think they are holding him back for later in the season after trades and for the POs.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #83
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Ugh, I unfortunately missed this game, and didn't DVR it. Watching the highlights on youtube right now. When we drafted Luka, I knew we got lucky, and figured we probably had the best player in the draft. I knew he had the potential to be special at some point down the road, but this???? He is so far beyond anything I ever would have imagined in my wildest dreams.

Honest question- what would it take for him to win MVP this year? Individually his performance is already there, no question. But how many games does the team have to win? How high do we have to seed? Players usually only win MVP when their team is at or near the top of the conference. Like, if Luka continues this pace and finishes the season with a near 30 pt triple double average, but the Mavs only place 6th in the west, I don't think that's enough. But then again, they gave it to Westbrook when OKC was 6th and only won 47 games, so who knows?
Simmons and Stein discussed this almost ad nauseam on his recent podcast. They both agreed 50+ wins would probably seal it.

I dunno though, with Giannis averaging 30/14/6 and Harden nearly 40 ppg. It won't be easy.

I will say that he will almost certainly be third in line though.

Mitchell is also having a great season for Utah, so I wouldn't count him out.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 11-21-2019 at 07:44 AM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 07:42 AM   #84
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Simmons and Stein discussed this almost ad nauseam on his recent podcast. They both agreed 50+ wins would probably seal it.

I dunno though, with Giannis averaging 30/14/6 and Harden nearly 40 ppg. It won't be easy.
If the Lakers end first in the West it's probably LeBron, unless Davis completely over shadows him, which hasn't come close to happening so far.
Old 11-21-2019, 09:14 AM   #85
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
If the Lakers end first in the West it's probably LeBron, unless Davis completely over shadows him, which hasn't come close to happening so far.
I dunno, even if the Lakers finish first, I still feel like it's Giannis as long as the Bucks finish in the top 2 or 3. He's already the reigning MVP, and his numbers this year are significantly better, which is friggin insane to think about. For my money, he's the best player in the game right now, and if the votes were counted today, he'd probably win it somewhat easily, with Harden 2nd. Lebron and Luka would probably be duking it out for 3rd.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 04:50 PM   #86
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0Shi View Post
Bullets:
  • What a fun game for Mavs fans. It probably was the first game all season I was relaxed from start to finish. Not Grizzlies or Cleveland pulling away late, or losing two times against the Knicks. Just a straight beating of a bad team. Great!
  • Luka man, he's doing stuff. +45 in a 48 point win in 26 minutes. The Mavs basically compiled their margin of victory with him on the floor.
  • I really want to root for THC, but all I can think of is how games like these will just give him the leeway to shoot horribly in the next five. That said, he was excellent tonight and didn't pull his usual shenanigans. Just one thing: Let's not talk about him replacing Curry in the starting unit.
  • Brunson quietly has put together a nice string of games lately. After a bad start he might be at the verge of pulling it around, which would be huge for the Mavs.
  • Glad for our bench warmers that they could play a little in the 4th. Lee 4-5, Broek 3-5. BOBAN with 20 minutes, Jackson with 29. Blowouts keep everyone happy.
  • The assist rate was again excellent tonight. Make that three games in a row with an elite AST% of ~65%. Guys learn to play with each other. Especially liked THJ with 4. We're also seeing more play incorporated into the offense for Luka and KP. The league's best offense is not even at its peak yet.
I root for THC too. Its legal in my state
Old 11-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #87
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I root for THC too. Its legal in my state
+1. Good eye, it didn't even register when I read it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote