Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 11.11%
Mavs win by 10-19 5 55.56%
Mavs win by 1-9 2 22.22%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-03-2019, 09:49 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT: game 20 - Mavs (13-6) at Pels (6-14) 6:30pm TNT

Nationally televised game

injury report
Zion - knee - out
Favors- personal - out
Williams - ankle - out
Old 12-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #2
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Zion who? Ah the new Michael Sweetney

Btw i just cant see this guy with a superstar longevity. Either walking from one injury to the next or another big one and he is the next Greg Oden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGRnMIRCtDU

Last edited by sefant77; 12-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Btw i just cant see this guy with a superstar longevity. Either walking from one injury to the next or another big one and he is the next Greg Oden

I agree. The beating an NBA player's knees must take over the course of a season, much less a career, makes me wince. Zion is a phenomenal athlete, but I can't imagine he'll have a long career playing at, for him, a high level just due to his build and style of play. I hope I'm wrong, but between the shoe blowout and this knee injury, I'd be more than a bit nervous if I was the Pelicans.

Last edited by turin; 12-03-2019 at 10:50 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:51 AM   #4
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

I don't think it matters much even if he's stays healthy. His jumper is busted.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:20 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Man, it's hilarious how many Pelicans games are nationally televised this year, considering what happened and how bad they suck. And we still don't have any idea when Zion will actually debut.
Thespiralgoeson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #6
Scoobay

Scoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud of

Always wonder what might have been if we had the #1 pick. (healthy) Zion and Luka for years to come. hindsight is 20/20 but if we didn't believe in Zion, we could have potentially traded him for a legit superstar to pair with Luka/KP. You think Washington would have given up Beal for Zion?
Scoobay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #7
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Damn yall already have this dudes career mapped out without playing a single game.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #8
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Crazy that this is the 1st game of an away-home B2B.

Wonder if we'll see load management or no KP in one of the games.
Old 12-03-2019, 12:56 PM   #9
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Crazy that this is the 1st game of an away-home B2B.

Wonder if we'll see load management or no KP in one of the games.
KP will definitely sit for one of them. IMO, it makes more sense for him to sit tonight, but unfortunately, the pressure from the league about not sitting stars on the road and on nationally televised games will probably win out.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:33 PM   #10
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah would make more sense to sit tonight. favors is also out tonight...
Old 12-03-2019, 03:03 PM   #11
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Damn yall already have this dudes career mapped out without playing a single game.
This. Iím laughing reading the thread. Lol
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 04:19 PM   #12
WhatYouTalkingAboutEllis

WhatYouTalkingAboutEllis is a jewel in the roughWhatYouTalkingAboutEllis is a jewel in the roughWhatYouTalkingAboutEllis is a jewel in the roughWhatYouTalkingAboutEllis is a jewel in the rough

Been thinking about doing this for a minute now, and wanted to get active Mavs' fans opinions. Do you think their is a market to live stream reactions to NBA games (Mavs games)? I am always looking for more content on Youtube and have begun to realize many sports (Mainly football) have people who watch the games live and react to them in real time while talking to the audience, answering questions, etc. Do you feel this is something that has any traction or is an NBA season just too long for this to actually work? I was thinking of actually starting tonight for the game vs. the Pelicans. Feel like it should be an easy game with not a lot of stress so it would be a good start.

Last edited by WhatYouTalkingAboutEllis; 12-03-2019 at 04:28 PM.
WhatYouTalkingAboutEllis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 05:37 PM   #13
Dolencd

Dolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of lightDolencd is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatYouTalkingAboutEllis View Post
Been thinking about doing this for a minute now, and wanted to get active Mavs' fans opinions. Do you think their is a market to live stream reactions to NBA games (Mavs games)? I am always looking for more content on Youtube and have begun to realize many sports (Mainly football) have people who watch the games live and react to them in real time while talking to the audience, answering questions, etc. Do you feel this is something that has any traction or is an NBA season just too long for this to actually work? I was thinking of actually starting tonight for the game vs. the Pelicans. Feel like it should be an easy game with not a lot of stress so it would be a good start.
Man, just go for it! Why not try it. I mean ... I woudn't watch someone watching something on the telly, but that does not mean it wouldn't work for someone. Besides ... you can learn a lot in the process.
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:05 PM   #14
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

Quote:
Youíre going to get killed on copyright immediately and have the channel deleted if youíre doing it on YouTube. NBA is cracking down. They banned Dawkins account.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:06 PM   #15
turin
Diamond Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Quote:
Yeah, that's a good idea, but I really think you should take it a step further. Let me explain. I'm married now, and we just had our first son December of last year. I'm a huge fan, with huge opinions, which many on here may know already ;-). What I really miss is the get togethers where there are live fans/friends with rolling commentary and camaraderie during the games, and while I think streaming gives a bit of that, following scrolling commentary in posts can distract from watching the game. Plus, posts might annoy people at times. I imagine my rolling commentary can irritate some people just by the volume alone in comparison to others. What's a solution that would appeal to me? Something like Discord, Mumble, or even Teamspeak. Having a Mavs' server set up with a game channel in which we could log in with headphones and mics and chat and/or comment during the game would be the way to go imo. Lots of ideas about that - specific main speakers from game to game, could be static or rotational. I'd be interested in trying that out. We've got enough regulars in our game day threads that I think it would be fun. However, if you get too many people in a channel all talking over one another, then it can degenerate pretty quickly. The mod(s) would really have to stay on top of things until the channel settled into some sort of rhythm. If I were younger and had more time, I'd set it up myself, but right now, all I can do is contribute a suggestion. This just comes to mind because of all of the time I've spent in various guild channels over the years playing MMO's. LOL

My apologies for the wall of text. heh

Last edited by turin; 12-03-2019 at 07:10 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #16
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
You’re going to get killed on copyright immediately and have the channel deleted if you’re doing it on YouTube. NBA is cracking down. They banned Dawkins account.
A Dallas-Mavs.com forum server with a game day channel would be the perfect way around it. As long as the appropriate people knew the name and login info, it doesn't matter at all what the name of it is if that turns out to be a problem. Heck, set up a MFFL server and then have a live game channel. Start 30 minutes before game and run it for however long people want to keep talking after.

I think somebody could make some money offering this. Just my .02.

Last edited by turin; 12-03-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #17
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

If Reggie Miller is doing color commentary tonight and still hasn't learned how to pronounce Luka's last name, I'm going to be angry. Just saying.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:44 PM   #18
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
If Reggie Miller is doing color commentary tonight and still hasn't learned how to pronounce Luka's last name, I'm going to be angry. Just saying.
Donkitch
Old 12-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #19
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Pretty bad effort all around.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:53 PM   #20
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Shit start

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:54 PM   #21
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

KP playing really nice defense, but otherwise, yikes. Luka's been sloppy on a few possessions.
Old 12-03-2019, 07:58 PM   #22
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the rough

Is leaving Luka that wide open at the three point line considered a form of tanking?
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #23
Scoobay

Scoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud ofScoobay has much to be proud of

thj crashing back down to earth
Old 12-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #24
sefant77
Guru

Damn i missed KPs block party
Old 12-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #25
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Does ANY commentator outside of Dallas know how to pronounce Maxi's last name?
Old 12-03-2019, 08:08 PM   #26
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Blown rim finish, run out 3 for the other team. I really wish we had better finishers at the basket for Luka

Edit: another blown alley oop finish. Jesus

Last edited by endtroducing MASKED; 12-03-2019 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:13 PM   #27
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

It feels like Brunson hasn’t made a shot in a month
Old 12-03-2019, 08:15 PM   #28
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

I'm not surprised, but man... it's really rough when both Luka and KP are on the bench.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:16 PM   #29
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

We gotta step up the intensity and start playing our way otherwise we are going to be dragged along in the mud with them all game long tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:18 PM   #30
sefant77
Guru

oh look another missed foul on a KP jumper
Old 12-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #31
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I'm not surprised, but man... it's really rough when both Luka and KP are on the bench.
We are not anywhere good enough to have extended stretches without one of them out there, imo. We can get lucky and get by some nights, but itís ugly without at least one star.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:21 PM   #32
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Mavs shooting 23%. Ouch.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:22 PM   #33
sefant77
Guru

THJ went 6-9 from downtown against the Suns and now combined 0-11 against Lakers/Pelicans
Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #34
ozmavs123

ozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the roughozmavs123 is a jewel in the rough

Our scoreboard gets stuck when Luka isn't playing
ozmavs123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 08:25 PM   #35
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Great, third foul for KP. We're gonna get blown out if RC doesn't put Luka back in soon.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:26 PM   #36
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Welp. Porzingis done for the half after 9.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:28 PM   #37
turin
Diamond Member

Garbage game. No energy on either side. Arena flat. Gawd, I feel sorry for the people who paid good money to watch this mess live.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:31 PM   #38
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Does ANY commentator outside of Dallas know how to pronounce Maxi's last name?
The daily fantasy show touts do a better job at it than the tv guys. Itís sad.
Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #39
Scoobay

JJB sighting!
Old 12-03-2019, 08:34 PM   #40
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Barea for MVP!!