Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-22-2018, 10:51 PM   #41
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Welp....that close. Again. This hurts worse.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah Barnes takes The 3
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:52 PM   #43
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Another game potentially lost at The FT line
Many things to point to for this loss.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #44
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Rick lost it when he stubbornly stuck with the same bench unit for way too long. We have other fking players, could have mixed it up but they got drilled and he used up 3 timeouts and changed nothing.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #45
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

Damn this hurts.
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 10:53 PM   #46
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Fuck man. This team needs so much work.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:54 PM   #47
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to behold

We had a chance not the best shot there at the end by Barnes. I have really cooled off on him.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:55 PM   #48
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:
  • You'll be able to tell your kids how Jonas Jerebko beat the Mavs that one day.
  • Warriors are a good team and did enough in the third to separate themselves and never look back. Mavs not there yet, not on the road anyway.
  • That's by the way why it's so easy for the Dubs despite douche Durant thinking otherwise. They can easily compensate subpar games from one of their stars. For the Mavs to win these type of games, everything has to click.
  • Good run at the end without Doncic. Got way too excited that we might steal this one... lol!
  • Does Skin have to say "oh oh" on each Curry three?
  • Man Barnes had a bunch of annoying plays tonight. Tunnel-visioned into Green for an offensive foul, overzealous foul on Durant for an easy and-1. Tough game for him. I also didn't like his three before the Durant dagger. It was a two for one, but you'd like to have a better shot there. He was 0-6 on threes at that point.
  • Talking about and-1: Vintage Dirk over Livingston! I approve!
  • I know DJ has improved, but you don't want to see him at the FT line in clutch situations. 4-10 tonight, 18-28 as a team. Hit those darn freebies!
  • Rick finally played Maxi over Dwight. Showed that he can roll as efficiently and can do everything else better. No clue why it took so long, but that was kind of an obvious change. Hope it stays that way.
  • That said though, the bench unit was a big reason why Golden State was able to pull away late.
  • Not reacting to ingame situations on the fly has been a long-time issue with Rick. He sticks with his set rotation no matter what.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:11 PM   #49
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

This isn't a great game even if we won it, and I'll tell ya why. We can't have Wes f'in Matthews as our leading scorer. And I'm not crapping on him as I'm glad he played well, but the ultimate treadmill of mediocrity is relying on mediocre vets like Matthews and Barnes to win games. Rick seems hell bent on that being the case.

I'll say that this puts enormous pressure on DSJ to become a star because otherwise this is the team to look forward to seeing night in and night out.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 12-22-2018 at 11:12 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 11:22 PM   #50
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

The only positive of this game is the Warrior fans bitchin' and crying like they lost LMAO
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 12:32 AM   #51
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes blew any chance of winning when for no f ing reason down by one he tosses up a garbage 3 instead of putting his head down and driving. Even if he did drive it, he cant pass worth a shit so he would have to hit another near miraculous shot over 2 collapsing defenders. Earlier in the game he had 2 absolutely terrible defensive lapse that kept jerebko on fire. I'm tired of his limited skillset.

I don't need to see Dirk anymore unless we are way ahead. He's god awful on defense and often times rebounding.

The bright side is Mess was a little less messy tonight. If we had a few more guys he would be a deadly shooting role player. Doncic needs help and not just whatever Dsj might bring, but we aren't that far away from competing with the best teams. Add someone next to him who can shoot better and see the floor better than Barnes and we are a lot better. I'm not sure who that is atm but we are a cpl guys away.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 12-23-2018 at 12:32 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 04:19 AM   #52
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

1. Hope that Doncic is okay

2. Why the f.. is Barnes taking a 3? He hit so badly tonight and then taking another 3 pointer

3. Dirk, I agree, the defense is awful. I would not let him play, sorry Dirk but the time is really over in my opinion. We need Defense.. we have enough Offense this season.

4. I can't agree on the WES critics, he played awful the first games of the season, but now he improved and brought much more into his game than just 3 pointers.

5. GSW is just good, but we had a chance again.

Tomorrow B2B will be a mess... maybe also without Doncic.
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:02 AM   #53
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Rick lost it when he stubbornly stuck with the same bench unit for way too long. We have other fking players, could have mixed it up but they got drilled and he used up 3 timeouts and changed nothing.
Yeah, that was aggravating as hell. Kleber needs to play more. Still need less Wes. I'm sick of his bonehead plays, especially trying to dribble. Yeah, he'll hit a 3 for you to keep things tantalizingly close, but he'll turn the ball over 2 or 3 times before every one of those moments. SMH Very frustrating to watch this one slip away. :-(
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 09:17 AM   #54
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
This isn't a great game even if we won it, and I'll tell ya why. We can't have Wes f'in Matthews as our leading scorer. And I'm not crapping on him as I'm glad he played well, but the ultimate treadmill of mediocrity is relying on mediocre vets like Matthews and Barnes to win games. Rick seems hell bent on that being the case.

I'll say that this puts enormous pressure on DSJ to become a star because otherwise this is the team to look forward to seeing night in and night out.
Amen to that
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 10:12 AM   #55
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

First time back to the board in a long time. I get it that the Mavs are on a losing streak, but I'm fairly amazed at the negativity. The Mavs lost a close one to the Warriors even with DSJ out, a rotation in flux, and Luka unable to finish the game with a hip contusion.

And somehow, there's nothing good about the game even the Mavs had won.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!
Old 12-23-2018, 01:09 PM   #56
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kg_veteran View Post
First time back to the board in a long time. I get it that the Mavs are on a losing streak, but I'm fairly amazed at the negativity. The Mavs lost a close one to the Warriors even with DSJ out, a rotation in flux, and Luka unable to finish the game with a hip contusion.

And somehow, there's nothing good about the game even the Mavs had won.

Take a deep breath and enjoy the ride!
Thatís actually why Iím not around as much. Lots of negativity for Mavs fans

This team is competitive and fun to watch. Just about the only game that wasnít fun was the Suns game where we were obviously tired
Old 12-23-2018, 02:11 PM   #57
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by burner2014 View Post

2. Why the f.. is Barnes taking a 3? He hit so badly tonight and then taking another 3 pointer
Trying to be the hero against his old team and the fanbase, who bashed him a lot and still bash him.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 02:28 PM   #58
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a lot of negativity. I'm ok with some of it if it is directed where it should be.

Old 12-23-2018, 02:44 PM   #59
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Not really sure where there is unwarranted negativity. Most of it is about effort of Jordan defending the paint, or Wes being a playmaker, Barnes being a points and nothing else contributor, or questioning Rick's rotations/mins distribution. Outside of Jordan the rest of that stuff has been voiced for maybe 3+ years. And as for Jordan he's basically auditioning for a potential long term contract here so he should be criticized especially if it appears he's saving his legs for rebounds. According to that Zach lowe article he's contesting 4 shots in the paint per game despite being planted in the paint all game long. None of that is unwarranted imo because it's mostly about effort or things that have been an issue for years. Just because we have some more wins doesn't mean we should suddenly not be frustrated if we were frustrated about the exact same things in prior years we were losing.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2018, 07:36 PM   #60
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Not really sure where there is unwarranted negativity. Most of it is about effort of Jordan defending the paint, or Wes being a playmaker, Barnes being a points and nothing else contributor, or questioning Rick's rotations/mins distribution. Outside of Jordan the rest of that stuff has been voiced for maybe 3+ years. And as for Jordan he's basically auditioning for a potential long term contract here so he should be criticized especially if it appears he's saving his legs for rebounds. According to that Zach lowe article he's contesting 4 shots in the paint per game despite being planted in the paint all game long. None of that is unwarranted imo because it's mostly about effort or things that have been an issue for years. Just because we have some more wins doesn't mean we should suddenly not be frustrated if we were frustrated about the exact same things in prior years we were losing.
Well said.

I cant imagine a place where it's only rainbows. If such a mav forum existed, I wouldn't be a regular there.

Old 12-23-2018, 08:15 PM   #61
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Saying silly things like Rickís rotations lost the game or Barnes gives us points and nothing else is laughable. The effort was good last night, but they missed FTs and were down a starter. They played the champs down to the wire, and had a chance to win. I see multiple people acting like they played poorly.