Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-05-2019, 12:03 AM   #161
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
At this point, if Larry Brown still has a pulse, I'd take him over Rick.
I think RC can fix it but he is best at getting good players to play at a high level. He is not good at letting stars do their thing or managing a team with a star. Kids was a little dofferent and thatís pribably why we won it all along with Dirk still being great at that time.

I have just felt that too many times Rick has out the team in a hole with his decisions and made it hard for the team to win. He has literally give up on games so many times when all he had to do was make a few adjustments.

I hope he can fix it but all I want is a coach that wants to win every game and is willing to bend a little and let his best players go for it. Ofcourse we wonít win ever game but with RC I feel like he stops trying and thatís not okay with a coach.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:23 AM   #162
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

I just like how he will point out his favorite stat +- when it fits whatever narrative he wants to spin after the game. Like when Powell or DFS lead the team in +-. Or if a player has a good game and he wants to bring the hype down he will say well he was -2 on the floor SO "blah blah he needs to be better in areas" But in a game where his shit ass bench rotation, which isn't working, is a whopping -25 he talks about open shots just missing and first quarter turnovers by the starters.

And again... I hate that he was going to pull Luka for a heat check. How many times has JJ or Harris or holy shit Powell and Wes especially.... taken awful shots but they never get benched. Apparently Powell has a fking green gd light to shoot however many open 3's he wants. Just sick of the games he plays with younger players. Some of his rep is overblown for not playing rookies but it's shit like this that is just ridiculous.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 12:38 AM   #163
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

May be that Rick has lost some of his fire. He seems to be on cruise control to me. I donít doubt that an engaged RC can coach circles around a lot of coaches in a playoff series. But youíve got to get to the playoffs first.

Guys arenít diving for loose balls or even bothering to move there feet on defense or jump for rebounds...itís unacceptable. Thatís squarely on the coach
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:15 AM   #164
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Bullets:
  • Good to see Dirk getting respect. Then he unfortunately can't get that one point that would him put at the top of the Garden's scorers. Sometimes it's just not meant to be...
  • Mavs getting blown out by Boston without Kyrie is a good reminder that we aren't a playoff team as constructed.
  • Also a good reminder why DSJ isn't the mentioned "win-soon" player. Not consistent enough in anything he does and you can't trust him to run the offense. You could challenge whether we should "win now", but not that Dennis likely needs a year or two to really contribute to a prolonged playoff run.
  • We have all guys available and Maxi completely falling out of the rotation is a crime. I don't even know what to say at this point. Dirk and Powell were atrocious together and Wes far from brilliant. And Maxi still can't see the floor? What weird version of the reality is this?
  • You knew this was coming: Dwight 0-3 from three. Bench killed it with 1-20 from deep. That and putrid defense is your ballgame.
  • DFS?
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 05:07 AM   #165
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSW/stat...95627710283776

Said TO's early killed it for the game. Said even though we cut it close they made shots and we didn't. Said the second unit had good looks but just couldn't hit tonight. And my favorite... at 2:15 Basically ignored the idea of changing his rotations when they don't work. Ossum.
Really fucked up about Rick at this point. 2:15 sums up the critic very well and Rick doesnt even bother answering him and talk bullshit back to the reporter. The reporter is totally right with his question.
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 03:43 PM   #166
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

It took 3 minutes to see that we were going to bitch out and play scared. It's just what we do on the road. No grit or feeling that they belong or that it;s in them to send the opposing crowd home mad with a loss. Dirk and Jet used to take pride in that.

I hate to put much of this garbage at Ricks feet because it's two different teams at home and on the road. One is a tolerable fringe playoff team, the other is the same team as last season. That said, WTF Rick... Powell and Dirk need to be tucked wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy the fuck down at the end of the bench and only seeing minutes in blowouts. Period. It's not rocket science.

If we get beat because a team is better or is having a great night, so be it, but this bulsh about getting out-hustled is sickening to watch.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote