Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-01-2018, 12:01 AM   #41
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@IsaacLHarris: Even if Barnes & Powell opt into their final years of their deal, combined with DSJ/Doncic/Brunson….Mavs could have 50-60 million in cap space for 2019

@IsaacLHarris: Also, if it meant bringing in one or two more stars next summer, I wouldn’t count out Barnes opting out, taking a little less & signing a longer-term deal in Dallas
He seems fairly Dirk-like..that wouldn't surprise me.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by Underdog; 07-01-2018 at 12:09 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2018, 12:04 AM   #42
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Nowitzki has treated this franchise so well. When he retires it'll be a playoff team. I'm super excited about this starting lineup.

Dennis Smith Jr
Wesley Matthews
Luka Dončić
Harris Barnes
Deandre Jordan

Jordan's problems with the roster have been addressed. Now he's excited to be here. How much do we have to work with now?

Right now I think Barnes, Matthews, Powell, Smith Jr, and Barea are signed. Let's say we have Jordan signed for about the same as Barnes. That'll place us at about $84 million. If it's at $101 million, then I wonder how much will be used up in signing Luka Dončić and our other rookies. I am guessing that we'll sign Dirk Nowitzki and Devin Harris for the veteran's minimum after all of that is said and done. Also do we still have the team option on Maxi Kleber and Dorian Finney-Smith? If so, they'll take over $2.9 million to keep. I remember when $17 million was a lot. Crazy how $84 million only covered 6 players, and we must meet the minimum of 13 players.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:08 AM   #43
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@dalton_trigg: I just think it’s hilarious that the Clippers thought they were doing something. #Mavs get Jordan on the same deal w/out the trade kicker, give up zero assets & retain flexibility for next summer. Awesome.
Old 07-01-2018, 12:13 AM   #44
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

https://twitter.com/BR_NBA/status/10...550656/photo/1

Old 07-01-2018, 12:20 AM   #45
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

In 2019/20 Dončić, Brunson, Barnes, and Powell will definitely count against the cap. Barnes and Powell have player options though. I wonder how likely they are to opt out. If they both opt out the Mavericks will have so much money to play around with that it'll be crazy! Dončić will count $6,402,800 against the cap, and Brunson could be making more than some first round picks. I wonder how much the Mavericks will pay him on his rookie contract. Regardless, with Matthews off the books things will be looking good for the Mavericks. Also maybe someone will be interested in making a trade that the Mavericks should consider in exchange for his expiring contract.
Old 07-01-2018, 02:00 AM   #46
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
In 2019/20 Dončić, Brunson, Barnes, and Powell will definitely count against the cap. Barnes and Powell have player options though. I wonder how likely they are to opt out. If they both opt out the Mavericks will have so much money to play around with that it'll be crazy! Dončić will count $6,402,800 against the cap, and Brunson could be making more than some first round picks. I wonder how much the Mavericks will pay him on his rookie contract. Regardless, with Matthews off the books things will be looking good for the Mavericks. Also maybe someone will be interested in making a trade that the Mavericks should consider in exchange for his expiring contract.
What is that free agent clas even looking like in 2019?I know its suppose to be better than this one but I haven't heard names.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:23 AM   #47
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
It's like poetry.. It rhymes.
Itís stylistically designed to be that way, and you canít undo that. But you can diminish the effects of it.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:43 AM   #48
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
How do we get bird rights on a one year deal? Even early bird is two years.
Yeah, according to this article we would of had Bird rights if DeAndre had opted in, but now we either don't or only have partial Bird rights: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...rprising-moves

When you look at it that way, really doesn't make sense not to have made the trade. If it is all about making the playoffs next year, then certainly we could of used the extra money from moving Wes to LAC to find another player (or two) who could of given us a realistic chance at the playoffs, instead of a realistic chance at the 9th/10th seed.

Can't really complain about the deal as is (outside of the fact I don't want that bum in Dallas under any circumstances lol...). I mean it's a good piece of business, but still would figure the opt in & trade was better for the 2018-2019 Mavs.
3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:28 AM   #49
3_Ball

3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough3_Ball is a jewel in the rough

From the article posted above, for those who've suggested DeAndre Jordan is our new rim protector, I didn't realize the #s were this bad...

Quote:
last year... Jordan's block rate declined nearly by half to a career-low 2.4 percent of opponent 2-point attempts, far worse than the average for centers (3.5 percent).

Blocks are an imperfect measure of rim protection, certainly, but Jordan's more advanced metrics weren't strong either. The 63.9 percent opponents shot within five feet when Jordan was the primary defender put him only 31st of the 36 players who defended at least 300 such shots, per Second Spectrum tracking on NBA Advanced Stats.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:49 AM   #50
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
What is that free agent clas even looking like in 2019?I know its suppose to be better than this one but I haven't heard names.
In terms of UFAs, not real sexy to be honest. Here's the highlights

Klay Thompson (hasn't he gone on record saying he'd take less to stay w/ GS?)
Kemba Walker
Tobias Harris
Ricky Rubio
Nikola Vucevic
Nikola Mirotic
Both of the Morris Twins
Enes Kanter
Danny Green

The RFAs are sexier names, but how many of these guys would even agree to meet with the Mavs?

Devin Booker (rumored to already have an extension hammered out w/ PHX)
Kristaps Porzingis (there was talk he was unhappy after the '17 season)
Myles Turner (Would love to add him, but can't see Indy letting it happen)
KAT (If anything, he'd seem likely to join Booker in PHX)
Terry Rozier (maybe, if you overpay, but he doesn't fill a team need)
D'Angelo Russell (maybe if Nets give up on him, but then do we want him?)

and then a few nice young pieces to think about Bobby Portis, Larry Nance Jr (why not just keep Dwight Powell?), and Kelly Oubre Jr

I don't see these big course-of-the-franchise-changing FAs that are suppose to be out there next summer.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:38 AM   #51
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Cupcake is going to be a UFA again. And Jordan is one of his best Friends...

Cupcake to Dallas confirmed

Last edited by sefant77; 07-01-2018 at 04:38 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:50 AM   #52
j0Shi
Diamond Member

j0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond reputej0Shi has a reputation beyond repute

Only issue with 24M is that it limits our further options in FA. That's why a trade would have been so good to get Wes off the books. We still need a wing, and possibly a four.
j0Shi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:57 AM   #53
CapitanObvious

CapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud ofCapitanObvious has much to be proud of

Been a while but...

Playoffs here we come, baby!

CapitanObvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:46 AM   #54
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Last year for DJ-
1st in rebounding %
1st in defensive reb %
4th in offensive reb %
-bbref

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 07-01-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 06:59 AM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Last year for DJ-
1st in rebounding %
1st in defensive reb %
4th in offensive reb %
-bbref
That is the beginning, middle, and end of why Jordan is a Maverick.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:57 AM   #56
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Got to.throw my few cents in. I think DAJ with 1 year deal is an absolute steal here. Jerry West got burned the very few times he is going to get. Matthews will give leadership and exp experience to youngsters and it is understandable why DAJ opted out (LAC could've traded him somewhere else). I think his drop on defensive end last season reflected team's lack of direction (are they tanking or competing?). Regardless, DSJ and Luka will get valuable experience with an efficient big man through pick and rolls.

Cousins was never going to give normal p&r option. My best guess is that he is signing with Lakers on 2 year deal, unless Pelicans offer him something better.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM   #57
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

If he signs on the dotted line, then its great for the Mavs. But, I am still waiting for KD, Steph, and Draymond to go visit DAJ and change his mind. One year, $8M, get your ring, and then cash in during the summer of 2019 when there are more suitors. Not saying that this is likely, but I still don't trust this feeble minded man child. Fingers crossed, hope it comes to fruition, but he has proven to be impressionable and weak minded. Hope the MBT knows what they are doing and have something a bit more than a verbal commit. Maybe a blood oath?
Old 07-01-2018, 02:13 PM   #58
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Last year for DJ-
1st in rebounding %
1st in defensive reb %
4th in offensive reb %
-bbref
17% of his shots were dunks
56% were layups and hooks.

eFG% on dunks: 100%

Dude should get a LOT of dunks this year from Doncic and Smith
Old 07-01-2018, 02:28 PM   #59
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

And while Jordan is a little bigger and slower than when we courted him, he still looks pretty good from these highlights last season...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnH_-9EMwsY&t=440s

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 07-01-2018 at 02:39 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:32 PM   #60
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
17% of his shots were dunks
56% were layups and hooks.

eFG% on dunks: 100%

Dude should get a LOT of dunks this year from Doncic and Smith
Dont forget barea. Hes a master of creation and he will find him a lot

Old 07-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #61
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
If he signs on the dotted line, then its great for the Mavs. But, I am still waiting for KD, Steph, and Draymond to go visit DAJ and change his mind. One year, $8M, get your ring, and then cash in during the summer of 2019 when there are more suitors. Not saying that this is likely, but I still don't trust this feeble minded man child. Fingers crossed, hope it comes to fruition, but he has proven to be impressionable and weak minded. Hope the MBT knows what they are doing and have something a bit more than a verbal commit. Maybe a blood oath?

Warriors are going to be over the tax threshold once Durant signs, right? Don't they only get the 5.4mill MLE?
Old 07-01-2018, 02:53 PM   #62
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Warriors are going to be over the tax threshold once Durant signs, right? Don't they only get the 5.4mill MLE?
Might be. I saw $8M a few days ago. Regardless of the $ possible, I just don't trust his decision-making. If someone puts pressure on him, he could cave. But, I don't want to be a negative nancy. Maybe just a paranoid pete.
Old 07-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #63
purplefrog
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplefrog View Post
Might be. I saw $8M a few days ago. Regardless of the $ possible, I just don't trust his decision-making. If someone puts pressure on him, he could cave. But, I don't want to be a negative nancy. Maybe just a paranoid pete.
It could go something like this:

KD: Hey DeAndre, how's it going!
DJ: Hey KD, great. Looks like I am going back home to Texas. I'm really excited!
KD: Yeah, about that Dallas move. Are you sure you want to do this?
DJ: Why not? I get paid well, they have some good young players. Dirk is still there. They've promised not to make me the center of the offense. That freaked me out last time. It's cool.
Steph: But DeAndre, don't you want to win a ring? I mean its the greatest feeling ever. You are the champion of the world! No one can ever take that away from you. It's the dream man.
DJ: Hmmmm.... a ring. I wasn't thinking of that. I just want to get paid and play in my hometown, win a few games. You know. No pressure.
KD: Yeah, but there's still no pressure if you sign with the Warriors. All the pressure is on me, Steph, Klay and Draymond. Hell, we won it all with Javale McGee as our five. This is easy, man. Come play with us.
DJ: I don't know, I already made up my mind. It's a done deal.
Draymond: Hey DJ. Shut the f*** up. Sign with us. Right now. Come on, don't be an idiot. You should have a ring. You deserve a ring. You are the best in the NBA. You should be playing for the best in the NBA. I won't take no for an answer. Get off your sorry a** and come play with us. Do you hear me fool!
DJ: Ok. Since you put it that way. I need to go to the bathroom now.
Draymond: That's cool. But give us your phone.
DJ: Why?
Draymond: Look, you've made up your mind, right? Do you really want Cuban calling you? He might try to confuse you about your great decision!
DJ: Ok, if you say so. Thanks! You guys are great. How long are you staying?
KD: Only five or six days. Hey Steph, can you wedge that chair over there up against the front door?
Old 07-01-2018, 04:44 PM   #64
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

That would be really funny, Frog, if it dd not encapsulate all of our greatest fears.
G-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

@SynergySST: DeAndre Jordan shot 89% in transition, 79% on basket cuts, and 68% on rolls to the rim last season.
Old 07-01-2018, 06:35 PM   #66
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3_Ball View Post
In terms of UFAs, not real sexy to be honest. Here's the highlights

Klay Thompson (hasn't he gone on record saying he'd take less to stay w/ GS?)
Kemba Walker
Tobias Harris
Ricky Rubio
Nikola Vucevic
Nikola Mirotic
Both of the Morris Twins
Enes Kanter
Danny Green

The RFAs are sexier names, but how many of these guys would even agree to meet with the Mavs?

Devin Booker (rumored to already have an extension hammered out w/ PHX)
Kristaps Porzingis (there was talk he was unhappy after the '17 season)
Myles Turner (Would love to add him, but can't see Indy letting it happen)
KAT (If anything, he'd seem likely to join Booker in PHX)
Terry Rozier (maybe, if you overpay, but he doesn't fill a team need)
D'Angelo Russell (maybe if Nets give up on him, but then do we want him?)

and then a few nice young pieces to think about Bobby Portis, Larry Nance Jr (why not just keep Dwight Powell?), and Kelly Oubre Jr

I don't see these big course-of-the-franchise-changing FAs that are suppose to be out there next summer.
I'd kill for Klay.
Myles Turner as well but he's pretty much guaranteed to come back to Indy. They'd give him whatever he wants. Porzingins might be one to watch but he can't stay healthy so I wonder what his market even is at this point?
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:01 PM   #67
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I'd kill for Klay.

Myles Turner as well but he's pretty much guaranteed to come back to Indy. They'd give him whatever he wants. Porzingins might be one to watch but he can't stay healthy so I wonder what his market even is at this point?

I thought Porzingis wasnít UFA until 2021, the same year as Giannis and Anthony Davis. Mavs are going to go hard after Giannis.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:11 PM   #68
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Butler and Durant have a player option and they are going to use them.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #69
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
I thought Porzingis wasnít UFA until 2021, the same year as Giannis and Anthony Davis. Mavs are going to go hard after Giannis.
This is true, don't know where other people are getting their information.
Old 07-01-2018, 07:55 PM   #70
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
This is true, don't know where other people are getting their information.
I think the confusion is Porzingis is a Restricted FA next summer. Of course you have to expect the Knicks to match any offer he receives, so he won't truly become a FA, with the UFA tag until 2021.
Old 07-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #71
3_Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
That would be really funny, Frog, if it dd not encapsulate all of our greatest fears.
Honestly, I'll be doing backflips if (should I say when?) DeAndre backs out on the Mavs a second time. It would force the Mavs... I would say to go after better long term FAs, but by the time he'd fuck us over (again), they'd all be accounted for. So, the Mavs would be forced to do what I want them to do, anyways, trade for bad contracts & acquire future assets for taking on those poisoned contracts. Win, win for me & the F that guy crowd!
Old 07-01-2018, 09:06 PM   #72
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

I'll believe 1 yr $24m when the ink is dry. If it's true, then kudos to the Mavs. I confess that I didn't even hope for something this good. I'm excited. Sucks we lost McD though.

Last edited by turin; 07-02-2018 at 07:55 AM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:01 AM   #73
Harpospoke

Harpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the roughHarpospoke is a jewel in the rough

This works. We got to make fun of him for 3 years as the Clippers failed and the other players left him. Then, once we got bored with booing and mocking him, he signs up to help the team. Perfect timing.
Harpospoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:47 AM   #74
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

One of the reasons why I was disappointed about no trade for DAJ is because of next year's FA class. We're going to have alot of available cap without all that much to spend it on. Obviously, I suppose we can see what the Mavs can do via trade..but..I would have rather had that extra available cap space this year.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #75
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
One of the reasons why I was disappointed about no trade for DAJ is because of next year's FA class. We're going to have alot of available cap without all that much to spend it on. Obviously, I suppose we can see what the Mavs can do via trade..but..I would have rather had that extra available cap space this year.
Outside of Lebron, who wasn't coming here, who would you have spent it on?
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:06 PM   #76
Luke

Luke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the roughLuke is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Outside of Lebron, who wasn't coming here, who would you have spent it on?
I wouldn't want Lebron.... probably not much..but I would have started with McDermott. I think he would have absolutely excelled in Carlisle's system for a full year.

It's not a HUGE deal by any stretch.. McDermott is a nice piece ..and maybe a guy that you feel comfortable with being your top or second best scorer off the bench for the long term.

I'm disappointed that they weren't able to get the trade made..but that's ok. I'm excited to have Deandre ..not thrilled with what will probably be available in the offseason next year but hopeful that the Wes contract can be moved during the season to add another piece to the core.

So, I think what realistically happens is that the cap room carries over to the following year. And, I think the rebuild process will probably take a little longer than I anticipated after the drafting of Doncic.

Last edited by Luke; 07-03-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 12:44 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Oh hey! I actually got that right. They only had the 5.3x MLE left over.

Bleh
Old 07-03-2018, 03:07 PM   #78
Kidd Karma
Diamond Member

Kidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant futureKidd Karma has a brilliant future

Quote:

Bleh
And what an asset that turned into for them....or did it. Did Matthews ever get over his tear? Heard getting back to square one takes a season at least....if ever, now you talking about 270 pounds. Then again joining the Warriors, defend and rebound is pretty much what is needed...
Kidd Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 01:46 PM   #79
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Bleh
That's enough to get a star. See Warriors, Golden State.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #80
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

I know it was brought up briefly, but is there any interest here in K Love?
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote