Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-21-2018, 08:32 AM   #81
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

As usual the power forwards are having a field day against Barnes and Powell. Give me Randle and Kleber longterm.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2018, 09:04 AM   #82
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

I would keep Dirk out of the rotation for now. Every opponent goes against him in the defense and he can't defend any big man who has a little bit of athletic.

I don't understand these Powell Minutes when Maxi plays well. Give Maxi the time he pays back normally.

Brunson is back to normal, I would let JJ start instead of him if DSJ is still injured.

WES is back, hahaha. I really hope we still consider trading him. But no one wants him I guess.

Mejri did a solid job. I would consider him for the Powell minutes.

Not too unhappy that DSJ can't play (no offense, no one should be injured of course) that way we at least see how the Mavs are when Luka has the lead. We will be able to compare it when DSJ is back... good to see for everyone if they fit together or not. That way it is comparable in the end of the season we can make a summary.

Last edited by burner2014; 12-21-2018 at 09:05 AM.
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:05 AM   #83
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

If you start JJ that bench unit falls apart without him.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #84
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who noticed that Doncic was on the bench for too long late in the game? The fact that Doncic only played 31 minutes reflects that. Seriously, what the hell was Rick thinking?
Old 12-21-2018, 10:38 AM   #85
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Am I the only one who noticed that Doncic was on the bench for too long late in the game? The fact that Doncic only played 31 minutes reflects that. Seriously, what the hell was Rick thinking?
Probably saving his legs for the brutal stretch in the next 2-3 weeks.

I really hope he is resting the entire S5 plus Kleber minus Brunson against GS.....

Last edited by sefant77; 12-21-2018 at 10:39 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:03 AM   #86
burner2014

burner2014 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

I really hope he is resting the entire S5 plus Kleber minus Brunson against GS.....
Yeah that would be smart. Better try to keep the S5 fit for the Trail Blazers
burner2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:10 AM   #87
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Nahhhh. I don't understand saving his legs for an upcoming stretch when the game is right there to be won. I mean he is 19, a sturdy looking 19.

It happens, Rick and the coaching staff make mistakes. Not playing Maxi enough and playing him behind Powell and Dirk is getting harder to tolerate tho.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #88
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post

Yeah, that's a crock of poo poo. You don't rest your best player in one of your winnable road games to "save" them for another game in which you play them 31 minutes...again.
Old 12-21-2018, 11:44 AM   #89
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

At the time our bench was playing really well and we needed Doncic to give it all he had at the end. IMO the bench should have been better used earlier in the game.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 01:17 PM   #90
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
He left all the starters out until around the 4 minute mark, because the bench was playing well. They were like +9 at that point. Wes didnít return until they were into the 2 minute mark, and Brunson never returned.

At least he let JJ close, and benched Powell for Maxi.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:55 PM   #91
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I saw that. I left it alone because we should have won it still. But yeah there is absolutely no reason RC should have waited until 4mins left in the game to put Luka back in. The Clippers could not guard him, they played overly aggressive and had obvious fouls. And RC left him off the floor for 10 mins of game time. So including all the stoppages he prolly sat for nearly half an hour. It's flat stupid. Some of the bench might have deserved to play that long but someone should have been taken out for Luka. Probably Mej tbh. Because even though that flagrant got him going for like a minute, he was abused and fouled Lou repeatedly and had a massive brain fart that left Gallinari wide open for a 3. I mean he literally backed away down into the paint and left Gallo with about 15 feet of airspace. He realized way too late what he had done. Kleber was playing great, but maybe they wanted a lot of size. Doesn't matter who though, if they wanted size DFS was awful in the 4th last night and Luka could have went in for him. Had like 3 shooting fouls and I don't recall him doing anything on offense. Luka had his way against them and just being on the floor would open up opportunities for others. Yet he sat for nearly an entire quarter worth of time.

The bench may have been playing well but Luka was on the floor when we fought back from -11 to -3 in the 3rd. So it's not like he was putting up empty stats. Frankly an argument could be made he sat so long it disrupted his rhythm he built in the 3rd.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #92
bilease

bilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to beholdbilease is a splendid one to behold

Im getting tired of seeing an endless barrage of 3 pointers when the game starts to slip away late or the Mavs try to fight back from a deficit and are finally close to the other team again. I noticed this a lot recently. In this game we just went ahead after a few well executed drives by Mejri and Kleber, and then go back to 3 pointers only. It's frustrating... The team just stops all ball movement and stops driving as well. Just start throwing up 3s... Might just be me and maybe Im wrong, but thats what it feels like a lot in those losses.
bilease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 04:08 PM   #93
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yeah I saw that. I left it alone because we should have won it still. But yeah there is absolutely no reason RC should have waited until 4mins left in the game to put Luka back in. The Clippers could not guard him, they played overly aggressive and had obvious fouls. And RC left him off the floor for 10 mins of game time. So including all the stoppages he prolly sat for nearly half an hour. It's flat stupid. Some of the bench might have deserved to play that long but someone should have been taken out for Luka. Probably Mej tbh. Because even though that flagrant got him going for like a minute, he was abused and fouled Lou repeatedly and had a massive brain fart that left Gallinari wide open for a 3. I mean he literally backed away down into the paint and left Gallo with about 15 feet of airspace. He realized way too late what he had done. Kleber was playing great, but maybe they wanted a lot of size. Doesn't matter who though, if they wanted size DFS was awful in the 4th last night and Luka could have went in for him. Had like 3 shooting fouls and I don't recall him doing anything on offense. Luka had his way against them and just being on the floor would open up opportunities for others. Yet he sat for nearly an entire quarter worth of time.

The bench may have been playing well but Luka was on the floor when we fought back from -11 to -3 in the 3rd. So it's not like he was putting up empty stats. Frankly an argument could be made he sat so long it disrupted his rhythm he built in the 3rd.
I'm glad you mentioned DFS. It's easy to nit pick players when you're losing, but the DFS has been pretty terrible the last 4 games. Shame because he was on such an up tick to start the season.
Old 12-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #94
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

When Maxi hits a shot with 5 minutes left, the bench unit has outscored the Clippers by 12 for the quarter. I donít have a problem with them getting those extra 2 minutes. Luka averages 32.4 mpg, and he had 31 last night. He also lost a minute at the end of the first half due to foul trouble. Pretty standard game minutes wise.
Old 12-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #95
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
When Maxi hits a shot with 5 minutes left, the bench unit has outscored the Clippers by 12 for the quarter. I donít have a problem with them getting those extra 2 minutes. Luka averages 32.4 mpg, and he had 31 last night. He also lost a minute at the end of the first half due to foul trouble. Pretty standard game minutes wise.
There will be games that we are close or ahead and we have to use Luka for the extra few minutes to bring it home. Hes a 19 year old kid, A few more mins isnt going to hurt him .

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote