Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 07-18-2017, 07:05 PM   #321
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

If The Mavs offering 18m and his agents says "yet to receive a serious offer"...you should just slap the agent

Last edited by sefant77; 07-18-2017 at 07:06 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2017, 07:08 PM   #322
FreshJive
Platinum Member

FreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant future

I never understood the max talk, and I didn't believe that the Mavs were prepared to match any crazy offer.
Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM   #323
FreshJive
Platinum Member

FreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If The Mavs offering 18m and his agents says "yet to receive a serious offer"...you should just slap the agent
I don't know why they would even be offering that much at this point.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:08 AM   #324
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I still think it comes in around 17-18. Not sure about years. They are privy to medical info we are not. Anything below 15 would be "lowball". No way he turns down 4yr for 60m if its that or QO. Still think it'll be slightly higher per year.
mac222b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #325
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

This is working out quite well for the Mavs.... they'll get the player they want at a price they can live with.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:48 AM   #326
saclare

saclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think Skin is reading this situation correctly...

@SkinWade: The rumors at the end of the regular season were in the 17/18 per yr neighborhood so I'm assuming that but I haven't seen that confirmed

@SkinWade: This whole issue is an agent misread the market and gassed a player's head up. Circumstantially, there was NO reason to believe max coming
Mike Fisher RT'd one of those after his "sources" said there would be multiple max offers for Noel prior to the free agency period.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:18 AM   #327
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Mike Fisher RT'd one of those after his "sources" said there would be multiple max offers for Noel prior to the free agency period.
Mike Fisher.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #328
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Mike Fisher.
We don't mention that name on this forum.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:32 AM   #329
saclare

saclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud ofsaclare has much to be proud of

Quote:
Mike Fisher.
Yes. Which is why I followed up with one of his terrible takes/sources. EXCLUSIVE BREAKING (prem) (aka everyone has already posted information, but pay for it here)

Last edited by saclare; 07-19-2017 at 11:32 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:07 PM   #330
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmacomic View Post
We don't mention that name on this forum.
We absolutely do.

What a hack. Parlaying his bullcrap and illusion of insider knowledge into a salary for himself, when he's less knowledgeable than half of the posters on D-M.com

P.S. - I hear we offered the Dust Chip, 10,000 Free Roddy t-shirts, and a lifetime premium membership to DB.com to Noel, which is why his agent is pissed.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 07-19-2017 at 12:09 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:23 PM   #331
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
P.S. - I hear we offered the Dust Chip, 10,000 Free Roddy t-shirts, and a lifetime premium membership to DB.com to Noel, which is why his agent is pissed.
How the hell can a guy with Noel's injury history pass on 10k Free Roddy B shirts??

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #332
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

We also included 200 Parsons jerseys. They were supposed to go as match worn jerseys to charity auctions But it never happened..
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #333
Underdog

Changed the thread title for now, since its been forever since we traded for him... But I totally want to see a new thread whenever he re-signs so I can change the title back.

Old 07-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #334
NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to all

When I came into work today a fellow Mavericks fan yelled at me, and told me to tell Mark Cuban that he needs to quit being an idiot and just sign Nerlens Noel already. If we sign him to the qualifying offer for one year he's probably gone the next year. I agree with his thinking there. I hope Mark Cuban does something sooner rather than later because I am tired of sticking up for him. I love that we have a championship in the city of Dallas finally, but it's a shame that we only won 1 with Dirk Nowitzki. Had he not screwed things up multiple times he definitely would have won more. This is on Cuban, and he's lucky that Dirk likes him so much... even more than Championships it seems.
NeedlesKane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:10 PM   #335
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
When I came into work today a fellow Mavericks fan yelled at me, and told me to tell Mark Cuban that he needs to quit being an idiot and just sign Nerlens Noel already. If we sign him to the qualifying offer for one year he's probably gone the next year. I agree with his thinking there. I hope Mark Cuban does something sooner rather than later because I am tired of sticking up for him. I love that we have a championship in the city of Dallas finally, but it's a shame that we only won 1 with Dirk Nowitzki. Had he not screwed things up multiple times he definitely would have won more. This is on Cuban, and he's lucky that Dirk likes him so much... even more than Championships it seems.
Outbidding yourself for no reason sure doesn't sound like the way to redeem yourself for past decisions. If other teams can't offer/won't offer Noel more than 16-17 a year, whose to say we didn't offer exactly that and NN's camp said that's not a serious offer because that's Mozgov money? If you are upset with decisions made after 2011 Idk how outbidding yourself into a bad contract makes up for it.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:54 PM   #336
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Outbidding yourself for no reason sure doesn't sound like the way to redeem yourself for past decisions. If other teams can't offer/won't offer Noel more than 16-17 a year, whose to say we didn't offer exactly that and NN's camp said that's not a serious offer because that's Mozgov money? If you are upset with decisions made after 2011 Idk how outbidding yourself into a bad contract makes up for it.
This is my thinking. Why would we offer Noel a ton of money when literally no other team made an offer to him. No reason to out bid yourself. His agent simply misread the market. That's on him.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:20 PM   #337
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
This is my thinking. Why would we offer Noel a ton of money when literally no other team made an offer to him. No reason to out bid yourself. His agent simply misread the market. That's on him.
That's on his agent.

Old 07-19-2017, 09:38 PM   #338
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
That's on his agent.
That's who I was referring to. His agent is the one who f'ed up not Noel.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:41 PM   #339
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
That's who I was referring to. His agent is the one who f'ed up not Noel.
Reading comprehension ftw.

(can I blame my "smart"phone because that damn thing makes me sound stupid?)

Last edited by Underdog; 07-19-2017 at 09:43 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:52 PM   #340
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Reading comprehension ftw.

(can I blame my "smart"phone because that damn thing makes me sound stupid?)
Warning, derail coming.

Idk about you but this happens to me all the time.... Especially since I stream everything and those sites are aids most of the time.

Anyway, I had to say it... carry on.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 09:59 PM   #341
DirkFTW
Diamond Member

DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Idk about you but this happens to me all the time.... Especially since I stream everything and those sites are aids most of the time.
Good Lord, does Google Chrome even have an aids-ware blocker?
Old 07-19-2017, 10:22 PM   #342
Underdog

I need an adult... Also, Junior.

Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM   #343
MavzMan

MavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Warning, derail coming.

Anyway, I had to say it... carry on.
THIS pisses me off so many times!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:40 PM   #344
rmacomic
Platinum Member

rmacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond reputermacomic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Hold up there, Cochise.

While I am truly excited about the prospect of retaining Noel for several years, I do not want that to come at the expense of crippling our rebuild. Throwing a huge contract at Noel, when no one else is willing to do so, would be the wrong move here. His agent wants to wait, so we can wait. If he ends up signing the QO and then leaving, so be it. The last thing a rebuilding franchise can afford to do is be hamstrung by one player, especially one that has yet to prove himself worthy of a maximum contract.