Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 07-30-2019, 04:41 PM   #41
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Doug Christie

Lamar Odor

Derek Fisher
So basically if you were a Laker lol......
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-03-2019, 10:13 AM   #42
fanliorel

fanliorel is on a distinguished road

Caron Butler.

Played for us first half of one season, then got an un-earned ring and was gone. Sure he helped out early, but it was really irritating and felt forced the way everyone kept piling on to praise him, and then tried so hard to include him in all the interviews as the playoff run happened.
fanliorel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 12:44 PM   #43
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanliorel View Post
Caron Butler.

Played for us first half of one season, then got an un-earned ring and was gone. Sure he helped out early, but it was really irritating and felt forced the way everyone kept piling on to praise him, and then tried so hard to include him in all the interviews as the playoff run happened.
If he never got hurt what do you think would have happened that year? I think we could have entered the playoffs with an even higher seed, which would have affected our playoff bracket. Let's say we had only 3 more wins. We would have finished behind the Spurs, and 2 things would have changed. First of all, we would have played the Pelicans in the first round. Secondly, we would have had home court advantage against the Lakers in the second round. Now, I think that matchup with the Trail Blazers taught us a lot about our team, and I don't think we would have had that against the Pelicans. Thoughts?

Anyway, he had his injury and got a ring he didn't earn. I can't wait until our newest Mavs get theirs.
Old 09-03-2019, 12:47 PM   #44
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caron Butler.

That is a lot of disdain.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 01:18 PM   #45
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
That is a lot of disdain.
It's a lot of disdain for a really good guy.

Great teammate. Played well when healthy. He didn't choose his injury. I can see not really viewing him as an important Mav, but he's really not worth any hate.
Old 09-03-2019, 08:05 PM   #46
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

I liked Tuff Juice, glad he got a ring... I wonder if the same hostility was reserved for Roddy or DoJo, who also did not contribute to our championship?
Old 09-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #47
KillerLeft

KillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to behold

Good thread.

Nick Fazekas. My dude ran like a newborn deer. How they elected to draft someone who literally couldn’t run was perplexing.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #48
KillerLeft

KillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to beholdKillerLeft is a splendid one to behold

Good thread.

Nick Fazekas. My dude ran like a newborn deer. How they elected to draft someone who literally couldnít run was perplexing.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 05:01 PM   #49
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
Good thread.

Nick Fazekas. My dude ran like a newborn deer. How they elected to draft someone who literally couldnít run was perplexing.
One of many "Dirk-lites" (height/range/skin tone) that never panned out... Austin Croshere also comes to mind.
Old 09-13-2019, 09:05 AM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Fazekas is an easy one since he never saw the floor, but I suppose this could morph into the most forgettable Mavs.

Amare Stoudemire. I have to think very hard to remember that we signed him mid season.
Old 09-13-2019, 07:22 PM   #51
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caron Butler.

It is annoying when talking with non Mavs fans that seem to think that team was stacked, and they bring up Caron. He had zero impact.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #52
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
It is annoying when talking with non Mavs fans that seem to think that team was stacked, and they bring up Caron. He had zero impact.
I think itís an interesting discussion. Itís a bit fuzzy at this point but I recall how the Mavericks with Caron started to gel right before he got hurt. I believe they started to look almost unbeatable with something like an eleven game win streak (By the way, I always feel like teams that can maintain extended win streaks are pretty good indicators of a team that can have championship aspirations). Then Caron got hurt and that completely took the wind out of the sails. To make matters much worse, Dirk went down and the Mavs looked completely lost for a stretch. That group without Dirk and Caron had to fight through some tough times. When I think of that season, I feel like so many things had to break right for it to work out the way it did. I think it could have been pivotal that the team without Dirk and Caron got thoroughly humbled after tasting so much early season success. They all had to figure out how to pick up their level of play. Once Dirk came back and got rolling again, I recall they went on another 11-plus game win streak prior to the playoffs. And we all know what happens next..

Certainly, Caron isnít the biggest contributor to their success that season, but I do think he is part of the story of how that team won that championship. I do wonder sometimes what would have been if he had never gotten hurt. I wonder what the advanced stats tell us about how dominant that team with Caron became once they started to gel. I know I was pretty devastated once he went down with injury. Anyhow, my two cents.. 🙂
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 10:47 AM   #53
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Just checked Basketball reference, and I realize that I have the Dirk and Caron injuries in the wrong order. Dirk got hurt first and then Caron went down. Once Caron went down with Dirk out, the Mavs started a six game losing streak.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 02:38 PM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

So....how many Odom and Rondo jerseys the Mavs sold and what happened with the sold ones.

Same with the poor guys with DSJ jerseys
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 03:18 PM   #55
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleefilled View Post
Just checked Basketball reference, and I realize that I have the Dirk and Caron injuries in the wrong order. Dirk got hurt first and then Caron went down. Once Caron went down with Dirk out, the Mavs started a six game losing streak.
They only won two games during the stretch that Dirk was down. Caron didnít play in either of them.