Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: How many wins do the Mavs have in 2019-2020?
63+ wins 1 2.22%
53-62 wins 0 0%
48-52 wins 9 20.00%
42-47 wins 22 48.89%
36-41 wins 13 28.89%
30-35 wins 0 0%
24-29 wins 0 0%
Fewer than 23 wins 0 0%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2019, 07:17 AM   #81
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

It might come down to survival of the fittest in the west.

Keeping a healthy team will be critical and why I keep harping on the Mavs lack of protecting KP adequately imo.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 11:34 AM   #82
BigDog63

BigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of lightBigDog63 is a glorious beacon of light

Interesting article: https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/sto...every-nba-team

It puts the Mavs in 7th, at 47 wins. It shows the Rockets leading the league with 53 wins---indicating it's a wide open free for all next year.

I think 47 wins sounds about right. Mavs are going to be one of the surprise teams in the West.

Last edited by BigDog63; 08-22-2019 at 12:21 PM.
BigDog63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 10:20 AM   #83
Dolencd

Dolencd is just really niceDolencd is just really niceDolencd is just really niceDolencd is just really niceDolencd is just really niceDolencd is just really nice

Hey guys!
I think Mavs will hit 45 wins this year. At least. Maybe it's enough for the playoffs. And in the long term I am pleased with the situation in the club and also summer trades. The goal here is not to make a perfect team for this year, it's to make one for the future. For a period of 5 years. And if you want to build around Luka the goal is not to bring one big star. It's to bring potential stars of the future. It's not about exceptional players, it's about an exceptional team. And I think this might be possible this year.
As you may know I am Luka's fellow citizen and seing Boby and KP playing with Luka makes me so hyped.
Here's to waking up in the middle of the night. Cheers!
Dolencd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:26 AM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=irpromo

538 updated again
46-36
67% chance of making playoffs

Overall predictions for the West

Rockets
Lakers
Warriors
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz
Pelicans
Mavs
-----------
Wolves
Blazers
Thunder
Suns
Spurs

Think they WAY underestimate the Blazers and semi-underrate the Spurs. No way Blazers miss the playoffs and Suns are better than the Spurs.
Old 09-06-2019, 08:49 AM   #85
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud ofAO41 has much to be proud of

This doesn't seem and but I think the only team that are out for sure might be the Suns and Wolves. The Suns might actually be pretty good with Rubio playing next to Booker. Rubio is still a very good pass first PG who doesn't like to shoot and thats exactly what Booker and Ayton need.

The Spurs are a complete unknown but they made the playoffs last year and were not healthy at all. I would think they will be good again.

I think people are way UNDERESTIMATING the Thunder and Blazers.

Thunder are the perfect team for CP to run as much as I dislike him.

CP/ DS (very good one/ two)
SGA
Roberson
Gallinari
Adams

......is a very solid team.

Blazers are pretty much coming back with the same core and some really good new role players.

All I know is that the Mavs make the playoffs and the other 2 spots could be any of the remaining teams IMO, except the Wolves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=irpromo

538 updated again
46-36
67% chance of making playoffs

Overall predictions for the West

Rockets
Lakers
Warriors
Clippers
Nuggets
Jazz
Pelicans
Mavs
-----------
Wolves
Blazers
Thunder
Suns
Spurs

Think they WAY underestimate the Blazers and semi-underrate the Spurs. No way Blazers miss the playoffs and Suns are better than the Spurs.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #86
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin Durant says Mavs 'have something brewing' with Luka Doncic and Kristaps Porzingis
https://mavensports.io/mavericks/new...UKTBt1SR9oQpQ/

Quote:
"I'm looking forward to seeing those two come together. I think they've got something brewing down there. Mark Cuban is always going to support his guys and put them in the best position, so that's a franchise I'm definitely watching the next few years."

Last edited by Underdog; 09-09-2019 at 06:14 PM.
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote