Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 06-28-2019, 11:53 PM   #1
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of
Default Teams that have problems solving big named free agents

Which teams do you think share the same problem with the Mavericks?

Which teams seem to have no problems signing big named free agents?

What does it take to break the mold?
Old 06-29-2019, 12:13 AM   #2
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
Which teams do you think share the same problem with the Mavericks?

Which teams seem to have no problems signing big named free agents?

What does it take to break the mold?
Just patience. Guys will want to team up with Luka especially and KP. Put the best team possible this next season or two. Make the playoffs. It may take a FA cycle or two or even three but it will happen. Continue growing the young guys and improving the team even if we don’t land our top options this summer.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:19 AM   #3
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Just patience. Guys will want to team up with Luka especially and KP. P
I keep hearing this. Suppose it is wrong?

What AAU team did Luka play on? Which college did he go to for a year? Does Luka go home to Europe for the summer or hang around a gym with other NBA types?

Then there is fit. Luka at his best is a ball dominant point, aka Harden. I don't see anyone lining up to join Harden (who averaged 7.5 assists last year). The biggest thing I respect about Wade was the fact that he GAVE UP the ball to LeBron, not many other alphas do that

Donnie might have to trade for us a third star
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:31 PM   #4
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much all teams that are not the Lakers or to a much lesser extent the Clippers (and now Nets) have the same problem. The vast majority of teams are not "glamor" destinations for big name free agents. The Mavs problem for years was that they never had cap space. Once they finally did have cap space... they sucked, so nobody wanted to come here.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 07-02-2019 at 10:34 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:33 PM   #5
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post

What AAU team did Luka play on? Which college did he go to for a year? Does Luka go home to Europe for the summer or hang around a gym with other NBA types?

Then there is fit. Luka at his best is a ball dominant point, aka Harden. I don't see anyone lining up to join Harden (who averaged 7.5 assists last year). The biggest thing I respect about Wade was the fact that he GAVE UP the ball to LeBron, not many other alphas do that

Yeah, I don't see the Mavs ever being destination for superstars, no matter how good Luka and KP are together. 2nd and 3rd tier guys, sure. Superstars usually either stay with their home teams, or they go to the Lakers.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2019, 02:39 PM   #6
G-Man
Platinum Member

G-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond reputeG-Man has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post

Luka is ball dominant, but he’s looking to pass first. What will attract free agents is all the open shots they’ll see Seth hitting. Last season Luka was forces to shoot because no one else could shoot with consistency