Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-10-2019, 10:55 AM   #161
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

The biggest no-brainer for coaching staff is that Luka needs to PG and run the offense.

The next is that Maxi brings a steady effort and defensive presence to the S5.

DSJ should probably come off the bench with JJB imo. How much sacrificing should we do in terms of wins and flow to bring DSJ along? He may never be a great decision maker. Take advantage of the timing that we won a game and DSJ was hurt. Tell him that we are going to ease him back from the bench and keep subbing Luka at 6min with DSJ, then JJB for Wes a few minutes later. "Poof Coaching" as Bryan Wilson said it.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 01-10-2019 at 10:57 AM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-10-2019, 11:14 AM   #162
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
The biggest no-brainer for coaching staff is that Luka needs to PG and run the offense.

The next is that Maxi brings a steady effort and defensive presence to the S5.

DSJ should probably come off the bench with JJB imo. How much sacrificing should we do in terms of wins and flow to bring DSJ along? He may never be a great decision maker. Take advantage of the timing that we won a game and DSJ was hurt. Tell him that we are going to ease him back from the bench and keep subbing Luka at 6min with DSJ, then JJB for Wes a few minutes later. "Poof Coaching" as Bryan Wilson said it.
Except that most of the team sucked outside of Luka, so it really doesn't prove much in terms of DSJ. We were losing for a good portion of the game. The only reason we won is because the Suns are undisciplined and fouled the crap out of us.

Benching DSJ would be a huge waste of an asset, and Barea won't pass him the ball. Won't work. You can't have Barea, Brunson, and DSJ all coming off the bench.
Old 01-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #163
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

LOL at DSJ coming off the bench. I'd be livid if that was the first experiment instead of sending Wes effing Matthews to the bench instead.

Look...Luka is the PG and the guy you run the offense first. It's obvious to all. But why would a team that has seemingly been grooming DSJ to grow his off-ball offensive game, send one of its top young players to the bench?

It'd be even more misfit with JJB and Brunson. I like the staggering of DSJ/Barnes, but looking to the future, I'd play DSJ and Luka together as much as possible this season. If it doesn't work, well, at least you can say you found out. We already know Barnes kind of stalls this offense at times and know what else he brings to the table. Wes Matthews can't understand his role at times. He isn't going to like his market this off-season if that's the case.

Edit: I really do think Luka/DSJ can work if DSJ continues to show improvement in his shot and his defensive game. He needs the opportunities though, and that comes from limiting Matthews and Barnes and giving DSJ more of a green light. Would much rather see that then Matthews dribbling or Barnes iso'ing to death if he isn't going to improve his passing as we saw glimpses last night.

Last edited by saclare; 01-10-2019 at 11:24 AM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:36 AM   #164
Heezzi

Heezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the rough

DSJ needs to start. DFS needs to start instead of Wes.

Starters_
DSJ
DFS
Barnes
Luka
DJ

2nd Unit_
JJB
Wes
Maxi
Powell
DIRK.

3rd Unit_
JJB
Harris
DFS
Maxi
Powell

Last edited by Heezzi; 01-10-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 11:57 AM   #165
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Maxi > DFS in the starting lineup for me.

Luka
DSJ
Barnes
Maxi
DJ
Old 01-10-2019, 12:15 PM   #166
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Except that most of the team sucked outside of Luka, so it really doesn't prove much in terms of DSJ. We were losing for a good portion of the game. The only reason we won is because the Suns are undisciplined and fouled the crap out of us.

Benching DSJ would be a huge waste of an asset, and Barea won't pass him the ball. Won't work. You can't have Barea, Brunson, and DSJ all coming off the bench.
The suns fouling was a smaller part of our winning than Luka taking over.

Maxi didn't suck, he had a good game. With Luka out there, I take what he brings over DJS. Rick isn't benching Wes.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:26 PM   #167
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
LOL at DSJ coming off the bench. I'd be livid if that was the first experiment instead of sending Wes effing Matthews to the bench instead.

Look...Luka is the PG and the guy you run the offense first. It's obvious to all. But why would a team that has seemingly been grooming DSJ to grow his off-ball offensive game, send one of its top young players to the bench?

It'd be even more misfit with JJB and Brunson. I like the staggering of DSJ/Barnes, but looking to the future, I'd play DSJ and Luka together as much as possible this season. If it doesn't work, well, at least you can say you found out. We already know Barnes kind of stalls this offense at times and know what else he brings to the table. Wes Matthews can't understand his role at times. He isn't going to like his market this off-season if that's the case.

Edit: I really do think Luka/DSJ can work if DSJ continues to show improvement in his shot and his defensive game. He needs the opportunities though, and that comes from limiting Matthews and Barnes and giving DSJ more of a green light. Would much rather see that then Matthews dribbling or Barnes iso'ing to death if he isn't going to improve his passing as we saw glimpses last night.
Lol at the notion that Rick would bench Wes. It would be long overdue but it's clearly not happening. He's not going to bench DSJ either in reality.

The 2 clear reasons that they are trying to make DSJ more of an off- ball offensive player is because he can't run the offense for shit, and Luka is great at it, and will soon enough be one of the best in the league at it. They are forced to move DSJ off the ball.

Old 01-10-2019, 12:27 PM   #168
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The suns fouling was a smaller part of our winning than Luka taking over.

Maxi didn't suck, he had a good game. With Luka out there, I take what he brings over DJS. Rick isn't benching Wes.
Then Rick is a moron. Plain and simple. Wes was nearly traded more than once this summer, won't be here next season, and yet we should worry about him starting? Makes no sense. Mavs need to keep grooming DSJ even if they want to trade him. Brining him off the bench would be poor asset management at its finest.

Maxi and Luka were the only standouts in the game. We beat a suns team on a second night of a b2b without their best player...and the Mavs still only won it because of Luka's heroics.

Edit: And you can actually make a much stronger argument for needing Wes's shooting off the bench. He pairs better with Barea.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 01-10-2019 at 12:56 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:00 PM   #169
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then Rick is a moron. Plain and simple. Wes was nearly traded more than once this summer, won't be here next season, and yet we should worry about him starting? Makes no sense. Mavs need to keep grooming DSJ even if they want to trade him. Brining him off the bench would be poor asset management at its finest.

Maxi and Luka were the only standouts in the game. We beat a suns team on a second night of a b2b without their best player...and the Mavs still only won it because of Luka's heroics.
No argument about Ricks moronic lineups/rotations and flawed loyalty.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:21 PM   #170
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Fun fact: Barnes is shooting 32% from the field and 28% from three in the last 5. Talk about killing your own trade value...
Old 01-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #171
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Maxi > DFS in the starting lineup for me.

Luka
DSJ
Barnes
Maxi
DJ
This should be the lineup. I was surprised to see the graphic last night that DSJ had 15 20pt games in his rookie season. Seems like a distant memory...

Last edited by Melonhead; 01-10-2019 at 01:32 PM.
Melonhead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 01:42 PM   #172
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
Well dammit. I'm watching Luka make a spectacular play and I had almost no reaction. The kid is so good that his special plays have now become "normal" for him. If this is his baseline, how high can he go? Flat out amazing and crazy happy that the MBT hit a walk-off home run with this this draft pick.
The next level will be a winning team. Good defense and consistent defense. Dude is doing crazy stuff now just like Dirk hitting his one-legged jumpers. Now we just have to make them count.

It's fun to watch Dirk hit jumpers. It's amazing to see him hit daggers. The difference between the two is a good team behind him. Same for Doncic.
Old 01-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #173
turin
Golden Member

turin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to all

Quote:
Barnes needs to be the third option with DSJ the second if this is going to work. Barnes is at his best catching and shooting threes (when they go in which hasn't been lately), but then he goes into Kobe mode and it kills the offense. There is nothing worse than a player who thinks he is better than he actually is.

If Smith plays SG, then he needs the green light scoring the ball without any reservations. Otherwise, it's not going to work. And if they flush such a valuable asset down the drain, then I don't know what to say.

That also means Wes needs go to to the bench or be traded. And then you can start Kleber.
Agree 100%
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:17 PM   #174
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah....you can pretty much count on Luka being a star. So no reason to hunt for another big name. Just fill the S5 with guys that play good/great defense and can hit open shots
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #175
turin
Golden Member

turin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to allturin is a name known to all

At this point in time, developmentally speaking as well as longer-term look, I'd prefer the starting 5 to be

Luka - PG
DFS - SG
Barnes - SF
Maxi -PF
DJ - C

I'd interchange DSJ and Brunson with DFS depending upon how you want to tweak the lineup. I like DFS energy, defense, and 3's, DSJ has defense and 3's with good energy when involved, and Brunson is a traditional PG who gives the starting 5 another playmaker on the floor which is something that Rick likes, and I like the idea in theory also.

This moves Wes to the 2nd unit as well as Brunson and DSJ at times. Instead of complaining about DSJ starting or not, I'd rather focus on getting him minutes while in a position to play off the ball and accelerate his development, so there is no reason for him not to get 30+ minutes/game. He can do this while playing opposite either Luka or Brunson with the first or second unit. Outside of this, I'm fairly flexible with everybody else's minutes though I'd like to see a lot less Powell. I know this isn't going to happen, but I think these options give a more balanced mix of skill sets among the different groups of 5 on the floor. Just my .02

Edit: A Brunson, DSJ, Wes 2nd unit would be interesting in my view. Brunson traditional PG, DSJ slashing SG and Wes spot 3 with some effort D. That's not a bad 3G type lineup with their skill sets. The problem is the uproar over DSJ and Wes playing with the 2nd unit. Also, I would watch JJB's minutes with 2nd when DSJ is in because when JJB's on the floor with DSJ, DSJ might as well be sitting on the bench because he'll see very little activity.

Last edited by turin; 01-10-2019 at 07:44 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #176
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Lol at the notion that Rick would bench Wes. It would be long overdue but it's clearly not happening. He's not going to bench DSJ either in reality.

The 2 clear reasons that they are trying to make DSJ more of an off- ball offensive player is because he can't run the offense for shit, and Luka is great at it, and will soon enough be one of the best in the league at it. They are forced to move DSJ off the ball.
Then Rick will have to own that 100% - and the stupidity that comes with it. To me, with the current state of the roster and rotations, you either bench Matthews or Barnes. I think the answer is easily Matthews. It would be insanely dumb to bench a 20 year old DSJ.

I also believe it's more Luka is the much better option to be running this offense than DSJ not knowing how to run it at all. He did it last year with success. He has proven his ability to score points while improving his outside shot and defense. Isn't that, coupled with his athleticism, what we thought we were going to have with Matthews? The ability is there, he now needs the minutes to see if he can translate that into the game and play with/next to Luka. Matthews is impeding that progress but absolutely having an impact on DSJ with his defense. Have to find a way to balance it all and I'd start with reducing Matthew's role.

Edit: apologies, DSJ just turned 21.

Last edited by saclare; 01-10-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:33 PM   #177
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Luka is tired as hell
\

Probably the fact that he's played like 7 games in the last 10 days. I would've scheduled a rest day in there. Playoffs are unlikely anyway. I hope they take a long-term approach, regardless of how young he is or how much international experience he has.

Last edited by mac222b; 01-10-2019 at 03:42 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 03:34 PM   #178
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Well Wes's starting spot is safe for now. DSJ out friday. Injuries have killed him this season.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #179
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

The Rockets pairing of Harden and Paul should be our model. Two ball handlers, start and finish the game together. But minutes staggered enough so they both get time running the offense.

DSJ is our second best player asset. His development, whether for trade or to keep is essential for maximizing the franchise prospects going forward. It's cool and necessary that we want to get DSJ reps off ball. But cut JJB's minutes if you have to. DSJ needs the ball in his hands. Rick's hockey line substitutions need to go. I though he was the grand tinkerer or something. So far he's been mostly predictable.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 04:58 PM   #180
mavsjunkie
Golden Member

mavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to allmavsjunkie is a name known to all

Quote:

I don't think you can move DSJ to the bench if you're thinking you're going to trade him. He needs to play as many minutes as possible, just take the decision-making out of his hands.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:26 PM   #181
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Then Rick will have to own that 100% - and the stupidity that comes with it. To me, with the current state of the roster and rotations, you either bench Matthews or Barnes. I think the answer is easily Matthews. It would be insanely dumb to bench a 20 year old DSJ.

I also believe it's more Luka is the much better option to be running this offense than DSJ not knowing how to run it at all. He did it last year with success. He has proven his ability to score points while improving his outside shot and defense. Isn't that, coupled with his athleticism, what we thought we were going to have with Matthews? The ability is there, he now needs the minutes to see if he can translate that into the game and play with/next to Luka. Matthews is impeding that progress but absolutely having an impact on DSJ with his defense. Have to find a way to balance it all and I'd start with reducing Matthew's role.

Edit: apologies, DSJ just turned 21.
Forget about benching Barnes, he's our second best player and talk about wasting assets. Might as well run out all prospect S5 salaries be damned.

DSJ ceiling here in Dallas is becoming all that we hoped Messley would be but with athleticism. He just hasn't shown he can run the offense effectively with any consistency. We expected an uptick in his ability to see the floor and it has been minimal at best, his shooting has been better and defense has been way better but he's not the blossoming floor general we hoped he would be. I have seen elite athleticism but the IQ is nowhere near Luka.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:30 PM   #182
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well Wes's starting spot is safe for now. DSJ out friday. Injuries have killed him this season.
Markelle Smith Jr.
Old 01-10-2019, 05:31 PM   #183
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie View Post
I don't think you can move DSJ to the bench if you're thinking you're going to trade him. He needs to play as many minutes as possible, just take the decision-making out of his hands.
It would be shocking if they trade him this season before the deadline within the next 3 weeks.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:46 PM   #184
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Forget about benching Barnes, he's our second best player and talk about wasting assets. Might as well run out all prospect S5 salaries be damned.

DSJ ceiling here in Dallas is becoming all that we hoped Messley would be but with athleticism. He just hasn't shown he can run the offense effectively with any consistency. We expected an uptick in his ability to see the floor and it has been minimal at best, his shooting has been better and defense has been way better but he's not the blossoming floor general we hoped he would be. I have seen elite athleticism but the IQ is nowhere near Luka.
Pretty much agree here. I only brought up Barnes as more of a point as to why it should be Matthews coming off the bench.

But yes, DSJ is that type now. I do think they'll continue to bring him along with running the offense, though, as there will be times where he can shine doing so (with work). Can DSJ become that 2nd scoring threat? I think so and we have seen it at times. Plenty of time to wait and see.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:06 PM   #185
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
Markelle Smith Jr.
The only small difference being that Markelle Fultz forgot how to play basketball.
Old 01-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #186
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Pretty much agree here. I only brought up Barnes as more of a point as to why it should be Matthews coming off the bench.

But yes, DSJ is that type now. I do think they'll continue to bring him along with running the offense, though, as there will be times where he can shine doing so (with work). Can DSJ become that 2nd scoring threat? I think so and we have seen it at times. Plenty of time to wait and see.
Plenty of time IF Luka is cool with it. Keep the kid happy if reasonably possible.

Old 01-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #187
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Plenty of time IF Luka is cool with it. Keep the kid happy if reasonably possible.
We obviously don't know a lot of Luka's philosophy and as young as he is, it's still developing. But, during the Suns game, they were talking about his Slovenian coach who is now coaching the Suns. He was saying that Luka to this point has done everything "the right way" in that he's joined higher level teams and then earned starting spots, earned more minutes, etc. It sounded like Luka is the type to know what he wants and works for it as opposed to be wanted it given to him. So at least he has a good history of developing without skipping important steps along the way.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 11:14 AM   #188
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavzMan View Post
We obviously don't know a lot of Luka's philosophy and as young as he is, it's still developing. But, during the Suns game, they were talking about his Slovenian coach who is now coaching the Suns. He was saying that Luka to this point has done everything "the right way" in that he's joined higher level teams and then earned starting spots, earned more minutes, etc. It sounded like Luka is the type to know what he wants and works for it as opposed to be wanted it given to him. So at least he has a good history of developing without skipping important steps along the way.
Yea. The hope is that he is similar to Dirk. One of the first things he mentioned to skin in his post game interview is that we WON the game, then went on to speak about how the fans drive them and that he loves the fans here. He seems to be all that we could have hoped for.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:59 PM   #189
thewizard

thewizard is a jewel in the roughthewizard is a jewel in the roughthewizard is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
The Rockets pairing of Harden and Paul should be our model. Two ball handlers, start and finish the game together. But minutes staggered enough so they both get time running the offense.

This right here. Luka is Harden 2.0 without the annoying flopping. Dennis isn't exactly CP3 but I agree that should be the model. I like DSJ in there as a secondary playmaker and even more so I really like his defense on point guards. That's my main concern with the Luka at pg lineups, who can guard the opposing waterbug guard on the other team? Dennis has emerged as a really good on ball defender, his quickness allows him to keep anyone in the league in front of him. This is critical in today's NBA considering you can't touch anyone anymore without it being a foul.

Wes is the obvious player that needs to be benched. I wouldn't mind if he was just straight up waived.
thewizard is online now   Reply With Quote