Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 11-22-2020, 01:08 AM   #1801
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I honestly don't. I think Phoenix will maybe get the 7th seed, and I don't think Golden State will make the playoffs.

Still, yes. But not more as far as I can tell. OKC blew it up and Houston is not far behind. The Lakers and Clippers got better, but the Mavs weren't going to be as good as them anyway. We still improved more than most of the other teams from where I'm standing.
The Warriors still have legit talent.

Wiseman, Green, Oubre, Wiggins and Curry is a still solid lineup.

Phoenix is going to be close to a 45 win team if not better.

They now have two legit closers in Booker and CP3. You could arguably say that the Suns team this year is more talented than the OKC team that CP3 led to the playoffs last year.

Last edited by Dallas41; 11-22-2020 at 01:09 AM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-22-2020, 01:09 AM   #1802
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
I'm sure he considered playing here but we didn't have the full MLE left since we signed Burke
I'll go with the Kawhi friends story since that would be really dumb if you lose out on Ibaka for Burke. And I really like Burke too.

Whatevs, I have 0 expectations now. Just keep WCS at this point.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:24 AM   #1803
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The Warriors still have legit talent.

Wiseman, Green, Oubre, Wiggins and Curry is a still solid lineup.
I think it’s Steph with a basically average supporting cast. They can score but I think they might be the worst defensive team in the league. Draymond is a shell of himself defensively. Wiseman is a rookie and I don’t think he’s the special kind that will make an impact right away.

Quote:
Phoenix is going to be close to a 45 win team if not better.

They now have two legit closers in Booker and CP3. You could arguably say that the Suns team this year is more talented than the OKC team that CP3 led to the playoffs last year.
We’ll see. I think bubble Suns were a bit of a mirage. I expect to seventh seed. Maybe the sixth if they really gel together.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 11-22-2020 at 02:03 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:41 AM   #1804
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I'll go with the Kawhi friends story since that would be really dumb if you lose out on Ibaka for Burke. And I really like Burke too.

Whatevs, I have 0 expectations now. Just keep WCS at this point.
I don't know why we ever got to this point with Burke. I felt like we should've signed him to a longer term deal the first go around. I always liked his game I don't know why it took this time to realize he's worth signing. I hate that he had to take part of our mid-level.....
Dtownsfinest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:51 AM   #1805
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The only metric that THJ is better is 3 pointers. Brogdan is a better ball handler, passer, rebounder, slightly better PER and a smidge better defensively.

But yeah, you go with that.
He's slower, less athletic, and about the same defender IMO. Better rebounder? They're the same. He's the less athletic version of THJ. The only thing I'd give up is maybe he does take 1 or 2 of the poorly timed jump shots thj does.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:58 AM   #1806
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

I like Brunson, but do you think we're considering trading him by bringing back JJ? Maybe sign and trade WCS along with Brunson for another player? We just have too many guards right now between 5' 10" and 6' 3" with Jalen Brunson, J.J. Barea, Trey Burke, and Tyrell Terry (assuming we want to sign him).
Old 11-22-2020, 02:01 AM   #1807
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlesKane View Post
I like Brunson, but do you think we're considering trading him by bringing back JJ? Maybe sign and trade WCS along with Brunson for another player? We just have too many guards right now between 5' 10" and 6' 3" with Jalen Brunson, J.J. Barea, Trey Burke, and Tyrell Terry (assuming we want to sign him).
We might very well trade Brunson, but I don't think JJ has anything to do with it. I said this earlier, but I seriously doubt JJ gets much playing time going forward. I think they just like his locker room presence, the apparently he and Luka are really tight.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 02:29 AM   #1808
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I notice this time of year everyone loves everyone. Looking at this past draft everyone was a "steal".....
Hahaha...so true.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #1809
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This confuses me
Old 11-22-2020, 09:47 AM   #1810
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

This confuses me
Old 11-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #1811
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'll go with the Kawhi friends story since that would be really dumb if you lose out on Ibaka for Burke
Sure it is dumb to lose out on Ibaka if you KNEW he was going to sign here but you chose otherwise

But we were always a long shot behind the Raptors, Clippers, and Nets
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:25 AM   #1812
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Baynes would be amazing which means it wont happen

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:33 AM   #1813
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
If it's true we are only offering 1yr deals outside of minimums then I would wager you are right.

Bryan_Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 10:50 AM   #1814
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Hollinger has him as a minimum guy so who know

Tier 5: Minimum guys ($2.6M or less)
Old 11-22-2020, 10:57 AM   #1815
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
If it's true we are only offering 1yr deals outside of minimums then I would wager you are right.

It's either we're only offering one year deals or players don't want to come here.

Both aren't fun to think about if this is really all about Giannis.

And EL has posted a bleak list next summer if and when Giannis doesn't come here.

Of course, it's probably just a simple Mavs suck at FA and are very good at trades the way it's always been. So hopefully we'll get a good player into our beloved cap space via trade.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:34 AM   #1816
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Ah.. Here we go again.. I wasn't die hard Mavs fan since forever.. Sure.. I knew about Nowitzki and Nash.. I watched the game.. But it was a casual game for me.. Of course I started to be a big fan from the day Mavs drafted Luka.. As a Slovenian and if you want to root for Slovenian guy either Heat or Mavs is a good choice.. But Luka neeeds to win, he needs to.. Or he'll go.. And I don't get that FA 2021 thing.. Yeah sure.. Cuban has 20 % chance that he can bring Giannis.. But if he don't.. If FA 2021 will be bust for Mavs again, Luka will go till 2024/25. He is not Nowitzki.. He needs to win.. He won everything that he could won in the last 5 years, from Eurolegaue, MVP's.. Everything..

I sure taught that Cuban will bring some big fish to Dallas this year.. Yeah, draft was an A+ for Dallas, no one thinks differently. But FA is always a problem.. And I say to myself okay.. Another year.. Maybe then something big will happen.. But I'm scared of that day cause really there is a little to none chance that Cuban can bring some big name to win a championship..

We are better then we were last year.. But this is not a win a championship team.. And I'm so sad to hear that, cuz I want Luka to stay here.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:35 AM   #1817
FromSloveniaWithLove

FromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really niceFromSloveniaWithLove is just really nice

Ah.. Here we go again.. I wasn't die hard Mavs fan since forever.. Sure.. I knew about Nowitzki and Nash.. I watched the game.. But it was a casual game for me.. Of course I started to be a big fan from the day Mavs drafted Luka.. As a Slovenian and if you want to root for Slovenian guy either Heat or Mavs is a good choice.. But Luka neeeds to win, he needs to.. Or he'll go.. And I don't get that FA 2021 thing.. Yeah sure.. Cuban has 20 % chance that he can bring Giannis.. But if he don't.. If FA 2021 will be bust for Mavs again, Luka will go till 2024/25. He is not Nowitzki.. He needs to win.. He won everything that he could won in the last 5 years, from Eurolegaue, MVP's.. Everything..

I sure taught that Cuban will bring some big fish to Dallas this year.. Yeah, draft was an A+ for Dallas, no one thinks differently. But FA is always a problem.. And I say to myself okay.. Another year.. Maybe then something big will happen.. But I'm scared of that day cause really there is a little to none chance that Cuban can bring some big name to win a championship..

We are better then we were last year.. But this is not a win a championship team.. And I'm so sad to hear that, cuz I want Luka to stay here.
FromSloveniaWithLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:42 AM   #1818
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromSloveniaWithLove View Post

No, Luka will stay until at least 2027 because he is going to sign his 5 year max extension next year.

And from what i see Luka is also pretty loyal, so the Mavs should be fine if they are putting a roster around that is able to contend.

And I get your love for the Heat because of Dragic but as a Mavs it doesnt work
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:44 AM   #1819
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It's either we're only offering one year deals or players don't want to come here.

Both aren't fun to think about if this is really all about Giannis.

And EL has posted a bleak list next summer if and when Giannis doesn't come here.

Of course, it's probably just a simple Mavs suck at FA and are very good at trades the way it's always been. So hopefully we'll get a good player into our beloved cap space via trade.
I don't know how true it is but I had read that Dallas offered Gallo 1 year and Crowder 1 year... So yeah- idk if it's true(i have no reputable source to site so I'm skeptical) but it sure feels like the typical Mavs way in free agency.

Off season is still a huge success as I love Jrich and I like basically everything we did to change the roster. I actually think it's not unreasonable that JRich could shoot in the 38% territory from 3 with us. The spacing was atrocious in Philly and we all saw the impact Luka and KP had on THJ. If that happens I'm hoping he is here long term.

My only real issue will be next off season as I've said before. You can't build the perfect roster in 1 off season and we did more than I expected. I just can't wait till plan powder is a dead plan. It's fine to have powder for a 12-15m type player but we always do this 30m+ powder crap that I can't stand honestly. Because if you strike out on the max player you are then left with signing multiple others and having some serious roster turnover and it's hard to build that way.
Old 11-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #1820
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Mavs contracts
1) KP
2) THJ
3) Johnson
4) Richardson
5) Powell
6) Kleber
7) Doncic
8) DFS
9) Boban
10) Brunson
11) Burke
12) Green (guaranteed 1st rounder)
13) Iwundu
---inactive---
14) Barea (brad says he’s returning)
15)
---two-way players-----
16) Nate Hinton
17) Tyler Bey
---camp fodder not here when the season starts---
18) Devonte Patterson
19) Freddie Gillespie
20)

other
Terry - second-round pick. Contract is optional
We still have about 6 mill of the MLE

I mean, if we sign Terry, that's a 100% filled roster, right?

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-22-2020 at 11:57 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:54 AM   #1821
Heezzi

Heezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to allHeezzi is a name known to all

Nobody notable was coming after they traded a good player one year into their contract.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:03 PM   #1822
MFFL
Guru

Boston is hurting for rotation players

Would we offer Maxi/DFS/Brunson for Smart and etc?
Old 11-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #1823
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
I don't know how true it is but I had read that Dallas offered Gallo 1 year and Crowder 1 year... So yeah- idk if it's true(i have no reputable source to site so I'm skeptical) but it sure feels like the typical Mavs way in free agency.

Off season is still a huge success as I love Jrich and I like basically everything we did to change the roster. I actually think it's not unreasonable that JRich could shoot in the 38% territory from 3 with us. The spacing was atrocious in Philly and we all saw the impact Luka and KP had on THJ. If that happens I'm hoping he is here long term.

My only real issue will be next off season as I've said before. You can't build the perfect roster in 1 off season and we did more than I expected. I just can't wait till plan powder is a dead plan. It's fine to have powder for a 12-15m type player but we always do this 30m+ powder crap that I can't stand honestly. Because if you strike out on the max player you are then left with signing multiple others and having some serious roster turnover and it's hard to build that way.
This off-season not only upgraded our roster, it put the Mavs in a position to have flexibility in the future.
There are some really nice trade pieces on this roster so it will be interesting to see if the Mavs will come up with some type of trade before the TDL to bring in that potential 3rd option, or keep the powder dry to land a superstar in FA.

Honestly I don't see any reason to have two alpha dogs on this team with Luka running the show. We only need that 3rd option and I believe we now have the tradeable assets on this roster to acquire one before the TDL. Hell, Dirk won a championship without a true second option so Luka and KP should be able to do it with a good supporting cast.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs go after Aaron Gordan sometime during the season. Not sure he would be a 3rd option, but would certainly improve the quality of our SL.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #1824
MFFL
Guru

Quote:

I can see the Mavs floating the idea of a 1 year offer and getting immediately shut down

This has been a great offseason although it seems like we dismantled LAST offseason to do it

But plan powder is fine. Even if we don't get a whale, 2 players at $15m a year would bring our talent level up to a very high level
Old 11-22-2020, 12:16 PM   #1825
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
I can see the Mavs floating the idea of a 1 year offer and getting immediately shut down

This has been a great offseason although it seems like we dismantled LAST offseason to do it

But plan powder is fine. Even if we don't get a whale, 2 players at $15m a year would bring our talent level up to a very high level
Maybe the Mavs learned something from over committing to Wright last season. Curry made sense because we knew what we were getting but Wright was a gamble, a gamble that could have hurt us this off-season.
I like the one year deals this off-season because a lot of those FAs got overpaid and those teams could become in a worse situation next off-season than we were with Wright this off-season.

Last edited by rimrocker; 11-22-2020 at 12:17 PM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #1826
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:

Depends who it is they get at 15 though. For instance if Jrich has the kind of season I'm hoping for and then opts out and doesn't wait for our pursuit of Giannis(why should he) and moves on... then Giannis stays in Milwaukee... then we sign the equivalent of this seasons overpay of Jerami Grant... that's not going to be good.

And yeah this just shows that minus the Curry contract last off season was an abysmal failure.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #1827
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

This offseason was a success since we had no cap space anyway. On the paper a really good draft, a good major trade (Richardson) and we erased 9m of the 2021 cap space. Thats not plan powder, there will be probably 30 better ways to spend Wrights 9m next offseason.

And to force a S&T (Gallo, Bogi) we didnt have enough ammo anyway. And honestly i dont want Gallo on a 64/3 deal...
Old 11-22-2020, 12:24 PM   #1828
sefant77
Guru

This offseason was a success since we had no cap space anyway. On the paper a really good draft, a good major trade (Richardson) and we erased 9m of the 2021 cap space. Thats not plan powder, there will be probably 30 better ways to spend Wrights 9m next offseason.

And to force a S&T (Gallo, Bogi) we didnt have enough ammo anyway. And honestly i dont want Gallo on a 64/3 deal...
Old 11-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #1829
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
This off-season not only upgraded our roster, it put the Mavs in a position to have flexibility in the future.
There are some really nice trade pieces on this roster so it will be interesting to see if the Mavs will come up with some type of trade before the TDL to bring in that potential 3rd option, or keep the powder dry to land a superstar in FA.

Honestly I don't see any reason to have two alpha dogs on this team with Luka running the show. We only need that 3rd option and I believe we now have the tradeable assets on this roster to acquire one before the TDL. Hell, Dirk won a championship without a true second option so Luka and KP should be able to do it with a good supporting cast.

Wouldn't mind seeing the Mavs go after Aaron Gordan sometime during the season. Not sure he would be a 3rd option, but would certainly improve the quality of our SL.
Yeah I don't want to pursue an Alpha. Unless some backdoor chatter occurred and you have a real belief one is coming here... Otherwise I would rather do what you suggest. Seek out a 3rd option using an expiring or aggressively pursue a guy on day one next off season while everyone else gets in line to ask Giannis how he likes his steak cooked.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #1830
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bye bye Bogdan...

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...59228566667264
Old 11-22-2020, 12:27 PM   #1831
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Bye bye Bogdan...

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...59228566667264
Old 11-22-2020, 12:30 PM   #1832
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Do we know if they have enough to sign him outright or will this be another SnT deal? I haven't kept up with Atlanta's cap situation.

Also obligatory-
lolRondo
Old 11-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #1833
sefant77
Guru

Yeah the Hawks had 20m cap left. Its going to be a 80/4 deal
Old 11-22-2020, 12:31 PM   #1834
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Boston is hurting for rotation players

Would we offer Maxi/DFS/Brunson for Smart and etc?
Why would you gut the team for Smart?

Your giving away both of your PF's and I'd argue this roster needs DFS the way it's constructed more than Smart.

Unless your banking on Powell and KP starting together and Johnson being your only backup option at PF.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:36 PM   #1835
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
https://twitter.com/ChrisKirschner/s...61484938731523

Apparently 4/72

Id be a little surprised if the Kings didn't match that.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #1836
sefant77
Guru

If the Kings dont match then they are the Kangz,

Match and then ship him at the deadline to Indiana for Turner. Indiana had interest in Bogi too
Old 11-22-2020, 12:38 PM   #1837
sefant77
Guru

If the Kings dont match then they are the Kangz,

Match and then ship him at the deadline to Indiana for Turner. Indiana had interest in Bogi too
Old 11-22-2020, 12:41 PM   #1838
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Yep mentioned this yesterday

They are going be scary offensively with Gallo, Huebert, Bogdanovic and Young on the floor together.

They added a little defense with Rondo to go with Capela and Hunter.

Read somewhere they may actually move John Collins.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:03 PM   #1839
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Orlando isnt giving him up for nothing. Houston tried to offer Westbrook for Gordon along with some other stuff and Orlando said no.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #1840
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post

This confuses me
How does it confuse you? Is it the players under contract part?

Players we know who are under contract:

Kristaps Porzingis
Tim Hardaway Jr
James Johnson
Dwight Powell
Josh Richardson
Maxi Kleber
Luka Doncic
Dorian Finney-Smith
Boban Marjanovic
Trey Burke (assuming he is considered a player under contract)
Jalen Brunson
Tyler Bey (2-way) (guessing he counts as well)

Wesley Iwundu contract is being worked on so I don't think he counts yet, but maybe he does instead of Bey? We haven't signed Green, Terry, Hinton, or Barea yet as far as I know.