Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old Yesterday, 01:01 PM   #481
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Iím putting this here because it seems like the ideal thread for it..

Tim MacMahon: Sources: The Mavs have touched base with Joakim Noah as they search for center depth in the wake of Dwight Powellís season-ending injury. Dallas has concerns about Noahís health and is considering several other options, including G League and overseas players. Ė via Twitter espn_macmahon
Looking over stats leaders in the Chinese Pro League. Perhaps the one 4/5 that stands out is Andrew Nicholson. He is averaging 27 ppg, 10 rbg, and shooting almost 50% from 3pt line. But, it is the Chinese league and the leading scorer is Dominique Jones (37ppg) .... So there is that.
Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #482
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Love makes sense? Idk how that adds up but not Drummond? The only numbers I find relevant in the debate is Loves contract...perhaps age too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/clevelan...vin-love-6132/
I actually think Love makes sense on the floor, as he fits in with the play style, the new positional need (with Powell's injury) and would provide quite a bit in terms of veteran savvy and experience.

But, sadly, you're correct. That contract is a problem. I wouldn't do it, for clarification. Not sure they have what it would take to get it done, anyway.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM   #483
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

The ringer has a great article on KP today and his dislike towards playing center

Kristaps Porzingis May Be Best Suited As a No. 3 in Dallas

We already know what KP would likely prefer Dallas to pursue: a center. Porzingis has said in the past that he prefers to play power forward because at center he wastes energy battling against bigger players. So far this season, 88 percent of his minutes have come with a second big man on the floor, half of which featured Dwight Powell, who ruptured his Achilles tendon on Tuesday and will be out for the foreseeable future.

Last edited by Dallas41; Yesterday at 01:33 PM.
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM   #484
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
He is a much better rebounder and great on the offensive glass. Frankly, I don't really care who the bandaid is as long as they are trying to get someone to seriously fill the position.
Agreed. Itís not like there is really any solution who isnít already on a team.
Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM   #485
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud ofKillerLeft has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The ringer has a great article on KP today and his dislike towards playing center

Kristaps Porzingis May Be Best Suited As a No. 3 in Dallas

We already know what KP would likely prefer Dallas to pursue: a center. Porzingis has said in the past that he prefers to play power forward because at center he wastes energy battling against bigger players. So far this season, 88 percent of his minutes have come with a second big man on the floor, half of which featured Dwight Powell, who ruptured his Achilles tendon on Tuesday and will be out for the foreseeable future.
It's a work in progress, for sure. I'm guessing he'd also prefer the offense to run through him in the high post, even though everyone (including him) knows it's Luka's team.

Point being, at some point, I hope they ease him into playing as the only big, at least part time. Personally, I feel like that is going to be extremely effective. He's already playing center on defense, clearly, and he's a better roll man than he's given credit for.

We'll definitely see him play more 5 on offense when he's sharing the floor with Kleber.
Old Yesterday, 07:29 PM   #486
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerLeft View Post
I actually think Love makes sense on the floor, as he fits in with the play style, the new positional need (with Powell's injury) and would provide quite a bit in terms of veteran savvy and experience.

But, sadly, you're correct. That contract is a problem. I wouldn't do it, for clarification. Not sure they have what it would take to get it done, anyway.
I would absolutely enjoy the 3pt threat of the team with Love as well as the upgrade in rebounding over DP but defensively that move would be a big head scratcher. Luka can't keep guards in front of him so to add another guy on the floor who has little hope on switches and can't recover would be poo doo.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #487
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

There’s few enough realistic options that I wouldn’t mind a swing at Drummond at this stage, but they can’t give him a bad deal in the off season if he opts out. If he opts in that’s alright even if I don’t personally think it’ll work, but it’s worth a shot. Just don’t re sign him long term unless it really works please
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #488
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Thereís few enough realistic options that I wouldnít mind a swing at Drummond at this stage, but they canít give him a bad deal in the off season if he opts out. If he opts in thatís alright even if I donít personally think itíll work, but itís worth a shot. Just donít re sign him long term unless it really works please
Ok, so Powell going down makes this a LITTLE more attractive, and yes, he keeps the powder dry for 2021 (he 100% will opt in, unless he's an absolute moron), but...

How do you get the dude, especially now, when Powell and his contract won't be part of it?
Old Yesterday, 07:53 PM   #489
endtroducing MASKED
Golden Member

endtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to beholdendtroducing MASKED is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Ok, so Powell going down makes this a LITTLE more attractive, and yes, he keeps the powder dry for 2021 (he 100% will opt in, unless he's an absolute moron), but...

How do you get the dude, especially now, when Powell and his contract won't be part of it?
Tbh, I have no clue. Lol. I figure thereís some way with trade exceptions or involving a third team? And that Warriors pick and Brunson or Jackson?
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #490
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

We really don't have the pieces now. The Mavs won't bother because they prob don't like him enough to include THJ in a deal or involve a 3rd team in the mix.

Also, y'all are too late! You are not welcome to now March to the beat of this Drum...mond.

Last edited by SMC0007; Yesterday at 08:11 PM. Reason: Not worth the edit
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM   #491
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of lightDallas41 is a glorious beacon of light

Read a report that Minnesota declined an offer from Dallas for Covington

I wonder what the details of that offer was by the mavs
Dallas41 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM   #492
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I would absolutely enjoy the 3pt threat of the team with Love as well as the upgrade in rebounding over DP but defensively that move would be a big head scratcher. Luka can't keep guards in front of him so to add another guy on the floor who has little hope on switches and can't recover would be poo doo.
I still don't understand why people act like Luka is some awful defender. Is he a guy you line up and say go shut down the opposing team's best scorer obviously not, but he's also definitely not a guy you need to jump through hoops to protect.
Five-ofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #493
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
I still don't understand why people act like Luka is some awful defender. Is he a guy you line up and say go shut down the opposing team's best scorer obviously not, but he's also definitely not a guy you need to jump through hoops to protect.
Idk either. They do protect him from quick guards. He's 6'7ish and runs the offense so it's not unique to play him on a weaker offensive player defensively or a wing. He loses his man fairly often on cuts regardless if it's a guard or a wing so there is plenty of room for improvement but he is not awful.

Old Today, 08:43 AM   #494
KillerLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
That's true...when he's playing well, he's slightly above average as an on ball defender, imo. But, he DOES make a ton of young player errors on defense - losing his man for uncontested back cuts, rotating at the wrong time, etc.

He can really be a problem on that side of the floor, but I believe it's all stuff that will improve with experience.
Old Today, 08:50 AM   #495
Five-ofan
Guru

Five-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond reputeFive-ofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's true...when he's playing well, he's slightly above average as an on ball defender, imo. But, he DOES make a ton of young player errors on defense - losing his man for uncontested back cuts, rotating at the wrong time, etc.

He can really be a problem on that side of the floor, but I believe it's all stuff that will improve with experience.
Does he lose people sure, but I mean among high usage guard wings guys like westbrook, harden, dame, beal, kyrie, etc are all worse defensively than he is right now and he should only get better with age
Five-ofan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:25 AM   #496
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We really don't have the pieces now. The Mavs won't bother because they prob don't like him enough to include THJ in a deal or involve a 3rd team in the mix.
Lee and Wright make enough to allow the deal happen. You can still throw in Jackson and the trade still works
MFFL is online now   Reply With Quote