Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-17-2019, 08:48 PM   #761
MFFL
Guru
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Arlington, TX
Posts: 11,601
MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerny313 View Post
PG Beverly ($5.7m currently) 7.6pts, 5reb, 3.8ast, .9stl (fg 40,7%, 3pt 39.7%, ft 78%)
SG Green (10m currently) 10.3pts, 4reb, 1.6ast, .9stl) (fg 46.5%, 3pt 45.5%, ft 84.1%
SF Bogdanovic (10.5m currently) 18pts, 4.1reb, 2ast, .9stl) (fg 49%, 3pt 42.5%, ft 80.7%)
I like the way you think
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-17-2019, 10:24 PM   #762
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,454
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerny313 View Post
The way Vucevic is playing right now. He is losing on teams pursuing him.

I like Kemba talent wise, and think he will only be better with talent around him with Doncic and Porzingis. But Defensively we will struggle.

If we don't go for Kemba.

I Would like to see us stretch Lee, so we increase our cap space.

Then sign three guys.

PG Beverly ($5.7m currently) 7.6pts, 5reb, 3.8ast, .9stl (fg 40,7%, 3pt 39.7%, ft 78%)
SG Green (10m currently) 10.3pts, 4reb, 1.6ast, .9stl) (fg 46.5%, 3pt 45.5%, ft 84.1%
SF Bogdanovic (10.5m currently) 18pts, 4.1reb, 2ast, .9stl) (fg 49%, 3pt 42.5%, ft 80.7%)

All three are great defenders. You see what Beverly is doing to Durant. What Bogdanovic did on Lebron last year. And Green always plays on the other teams best guard. They are great shooters. All 3 don't have an injury history, play a whole season. They all come from winning teams and are good character, hard nose, team players. Adds to the type of guys we have in Brunson, Powell, Kleber, Smith.

Kawhi and Durant would be amazing but is unlikely.

Brodgan, Middleton, Harris would be good additions but I don't see them leaving the Bucks and think harris will go back to the sixers.

Avoid Butler, Cousins no matter what. I think they could easily cause locker room problems.

I don't think we need 3 stars. You see what Portland does with two allstars, Toronto with one, bucks with one, Houston with two, etc.
You don't need 3 stars like the warriors.
Two stars and the good solid pieces around them.
Still need a big though
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 09:13 AM   #763
pocman
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
pocman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerny313 View Post
The way Vucevic is playing right now. He is losing on teams pursuing him.

I like Kemba talent wise, and think he will only be better with talent around him with Doncic and Porzingis. But Defensively we will struggle.

If we don't go for Kemba.

I Would like to see us stretch Lee, so we increase our cap space.

Then sign three guys.

PG Beverly ($5.7m currently) 7.6pts, 5reb, 3.8ast, .9stl (fg 40,7%, 3pt 39.7%, ft 78%)
SG Green (10m currently) 10.3pts, 4reb, 1.6ast, .9stl) (fg 46.5%, 3pt 45.5%, ft 84.1%
SF Bogdanovic (10.5m currently) 18pts, 4.1reb, 2ast, .9stl) (fg 49%, 3pt 42.5%, ft 80.7%)

All three are great defenders. You see what Beverly is doing to Durant. What Bogdanovic did on Lebron last year. And Green always plays on the other teams best guard. They are great shooters. All 3 don't have an injury history, play a whole season. They all come from winning teams and are good character, hard nose, team players. Adds to the type of guys we have in Brunson, Powell, Kleber, Smith.

Kawhi and Durant would be amazing but is unlikely.

Brodgan, Middleton, Harris would be good additions but I don't see them leaving the Bucks and think harris will go back to the sixers.

Avoid Butler, Cousins no matter what. I think they could easily cause locker room problems.

I don't think we need 3 stars. You see what Portland does with two allstars, Toronto with one, bucks with one, Houston with two, etc.
You don't need 3 stars like the warriors.
Two stars and the good solid pieces around them.
I agree Beverley and Bogdanovic are a great fit.
Bogdanovic is a good enough defender and would bring top notch catch and shoot and he would be the perfect 3rd offensive option for the team.

But instead of Green, I would use the remaining cap space for a tough big like Ed davis or Dedmon. A backcourt with Luka / Bev / Brunson seems enough crowded imo.

1-Beverley / Brunson
2-Luka / THJ
3-Bogdanovic / DFS
4-KP / Maxi
5-Ed David / Powell

I think that makes us a reasonable contender next year.
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:23 AM   #764
hayth.james.g
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dallas, tx
Posts: 986
hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I agree Beverley and Bogdanovic are a great fit.
Bogdanovic is a good enough defender and would bring top notch catch and shoot and he would be the perfect 3rd offensive option for the team.

But instead of Green, I would use the remaining cap space for a tough big like Ed davis or Dedmon. A backcourt with Luka / Bev / Brunson seems enough crowded imo.

1-Beverley / Brunson
2-Luka / THJ
3-Bogdanovic / DFS
4-KP / Maxi
5-Ed David / Powell

I think that makes us a reasonable contender next year.
If Jackson makes strides in the off season, I see him being a solid contributor.

That is one scary lineup. Plenty of scoring. Would prefer more range ala green, but I do agree that a defensive minded 5 takes priority.

When it comes to offense generation, the single biggest thing we can do is add range to the court. How many missed wide open 3s did we have off Luka’s passing? Huge opportunity for us here that does not require a 1 man 30 million dollar commitment.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:47 PM   #765
sefant77
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brasil
Posts: 13,760
sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I agree Beverley and Bogdanovic are a great fit.
Bogdanovic is a good enough defender and would bring top notch catch and shoot and he would be the perfect 3rd offensive option for the team.

But instead of Green, I would use the remaining cap space for a tough big like Ed davis or Dedmon. A backcourt with Luka / Bev / Brunson seems enough crowded imo.

1-Beverley / Brunson
2-Luka / THJ
3-Bogdanovic / DFS
4-KP / Maxi
5-Ed David / Powell

I think that makes us a reasonable contender next year.
Bogdan is a terrible defender
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:09 AM   #766
cutlerny313
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 8
cutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I agree Beverley and Bogdanovic are a great fit.
Bogdanovic is a good enough defender and would bring top notch catch and shoot and he would be the perfect 3rd offensive option for the team.

But instead of Green, I would use the remaining cap space for a tough big like Ed davis or Dedmon. A backcourt with Luka / Bev / Brunson seems enough crowded imo.

1-Beverley / Brunson
2-Luka / THJ
3-Bogdanovic / DFS
4-KP / Maxi
5-Ed David / Powell

I think that makes us a reasonable contender next year.

Yeah its case where we cant fill all holes/needs in one offseason. We need shooters, defense and some help on the boards.

I like Davis, he can help. Really depends on his demands money wise and same for Dedmond. I personally rather of signed one of them over Powell extension.

Its really going to depend on the contracts they require, what we can fit in. and mostly likely there will be a guy we sign off a down year on a low one year deal that we hope plays up (like Brooke Lopez did for the bucks at 3million)

I like Brunson, just not sure he is fully ready to be a starter that can take us to the playoffs right away.
And hopefully Hardaway can be a great sixth man giving us instant scoring punch off the bench (hopefully efficiently) Like Lou Williams, Crawford, Sabonis, Rudy Gay.
cutlerny313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 08:13 AM   #767
cutlerny313
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 8
cutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Bogdan is a terrible defender
Not true at all. If you look up his defensive metrics they are very good. And if you want visual proof, just have to look at how he did in the playoffs against Lebron.

He's a consistent shooter every year, plays every game, improved every year. Not a max contract guy.
cutlerny313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:03 AM   #768
Male30Dan
Diamond Member
 
Male30Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 8,072
Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerny313 View Post
Not true at all. If you look up his defensive metrics they are very good. And if you want visual proof, just have to look at how he did in the playoffs against Lebron.

He's a consistent shooter every year, plays every game, improved every year. Not a max contract guy.
That's BOJAN Bogdanovic, not BOGDAN. Bogdan plays for the Kings (unrelated).
__________________

Last edited by Male30Dan; 04-19-2019 at 09:07 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:12 AM   #769
pocman
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
pocman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlerny313 View Post
Yeah its case where we cant fill all holes/needs in one offseason. We need shooters, defense and some help on the boards.

I like Davis, he can help. Really depends on his demands money wise and same for Dedmond. I personally rather of signed one of them over Powell extension.

Its really going to depend on the contracts they require, what we can fit in. and mostly likely there will be a guy we sign off a down year on a low one year deal that we hope plays up (like Brooke Lopez did for the bucks at 3million)

I like Brunson, just not sure he is fully ready to be a starter that can take us to the playoffs right away.
And hopefully Hardaway can be a great sixth man giving us instant scoring punch off the bench (hopefully efficiently) Like Lou Williams, Crawford, Sabonis, Rudy Gay.
I think its doable this offseason
Bogdanovic $15m
Ed David or Dedmon $10m
Pat Bev $8m (MLE or by stretching Lee?)
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:20 AM   #770
rimrocker
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,232
rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
That's BOJAN Bogdanovic, not BOGDAN. Bogdan plays for the Kings (unrelated).
Ya'll are confusing me....are you talking about Malcolm Brogdon from the Bucks, or Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings, or someone else?
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #771
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,454
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Ya'll are confusing me....are you talking about Malcolm Brogdon from the Bucks, or Bogdan Bogdanovic from the Kings, or someone else?
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/indiana-...gdanovic-8083/
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-19-2019 at 09:25 AM.
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 01:58 PM   #772
mavs531
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
mavs531 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I think its doable this offseason

Bogdanovic $15m

Ed David or Dedmon $10m

Pat Bev $8m (MLE or by stretching Lee?)
I would LOVE for this to happen. I just don't see Bojan leaving Indiana. I've also read that. I also feel like there's still a good chance Dedmon stays in Atlanta for his veteran presence but I also feel like there's a same amount of chance he leaves. If so I'd take him ALL DAY. Ed Davis only plays about 18 minutes a game, just saying. Although, I would not conplain with him either because he's a solid role player. I think p-bev may be on his way out so the clippers dont have to pay him/have other pieces at pg. So he'd be a great piece for us but mainly for his defense. Good 3 point shot but it's not like he's shooting the lights out every night. Unfortunately, I don't see us getting any huge pieces this off season. Guys like Bojan, Brogdan, etc. Some things that I could see happening are us signing p-bev and dedmon or Davis or just 1. And maybe a guy like Randle opting out of his contract with his player option???? That would great but where's the fit? We want unicorn at the 4 and need a big center. Randles a 4. Very interesting! I cant wait until we find out next year's roster! Another guy I would LOVE would be Boban Marjanovic! I would LOVE Brogdan but he'll get resigned

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
mavs531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:01 PM   #773
Male30Dan
Diamond Member
 
Male30Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Waco, TX
Posts: 8,072
Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavs531 View Post
I would LOVE for this to happen. I just don't see Bojan leaving Indiana. I've also read that. I also feel like there's still a good chance Dedmon stays in Atlanta for his veteran presence but I also feel like there's a same amount of chance he leaves. If so I'd take him ALL DAY. Ed Davis only plays about 18 minutes a game, just saying. Although, I would not conplain with him either because he's a solid role player. I think p-bev may be on his way out so the clippers dont have to pay him/have other pieces at pg. So he'd be a great piece for us but mainly for his defense. Good 3 point shot but it's not like he's shooting the lights out every night. Unfortunately, I don't see us getting any huge pieces this off season. Guys like Bojan, Brogdan, etc. Some things that I could see happening are us signing p-bev and dedmon or Davis or just 1. And maybe a guy like Randle opting out of his contract with his player option???? That would great but where's the fit? We want unicorn at the 4 and need a big center. Randles a 4. Very interesting! I cant wait until we find out next year's roster! Another guy I would LOVE would be Boban Marjanovic! I would LOVE Brogdan but he'll get resigned

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
If he resigns from Milwaukee, that's great news as he'll be available.
__________________
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #774
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 34,540
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Resign or re-sign? Malcolm Brogdon, Bogdan Bogdanovic, or Bojack Horseman?? WTF conversation is going on here???
__________________

Last edited by Underdog; 04-19-2019 at 04:08 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:08 PM   #775
SMC0007
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: uranus
Posts: 8,454
SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

If dedmon and Davis cost the same...

https://youtu.be/XKOBkBpCfYg
__________________


you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 05:38 PM   #776
pocman
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 9
pocman is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
If dedmon and Davis cost the same...

https://youtu.be/XKOBkBpCfYg
Totally agree. Davis is a hugue rebounder (like one of the very best) but doesn’t bring much more. Dedmon brings fair rebounding, steals / blocks and decent 3pt shooting.
pocman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 06:47 PM   #777
sefant77
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brasil
Posts: 13,760
sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocman View Post
I think its doable this offseason
Bogdanovic $15m
Ed David or Dedmon $10m
Pat Bev $8m (MLE or by stretching Lee?)
Again, Pat is walking away with much more this summer. And i dont see the Clippers letting him walk too
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:17 PM   #778
endtroducing MASKED
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland
Posts: 864
endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all
Default

Clippers won’t be able to pay him if they get the max guys they’re after
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 07:33 PM   #779
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 34,540
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
Clippers won’t be able to pay him if they get the max guys they’re after
But plenty of other teams will be able to pay him, especially after this playoff series... Bev’s value might be up higher than we can afford, depending on which other moves we make.
__________________
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #780
mavs531
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 16
mavs531 is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male30Dan View Post
If he resigns from Milwaukee, that's great news as he'll be available.
My point is that I'm sure Milwaukee will match any offer he is offered..so he won't be available most likely.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
mavs531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 03:53 PM   #781
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 34,540
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

@OldDirkRoad: Donnie Nelson says “We’re trying to surround these guys with the right young core.”

That doesn’t sound like Vucevic and 32 year-old Dragic to me, but what do I know.
__________________
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 04:15 PM   #782
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,615
DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@OldDirkRoad: Donnie Nelson says “We’re trying to surround these guys with the right young core.”

That doesn’t sound like Vucevic and 32 year-old Dragic to me, but what do I know.
I think the fit is perfect with those two guys though if they can make the numbers work. OK, defense is still meh, but the offense would be beautiful. Unstoppable, really.
__________________
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:48 PM   #783
sefant77
Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brasil
Posts: 13,760
sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
@OldDirkRoad: Donnie Nelson says “We’re trying to surround these guys with the right young core.”

That doesn’t sound like Vucevic and 32 year-old Dragic to me, but what do I know.
If you want to get a certain level of proven talent via free agency, then you look at players older than 28. Because no one reaches UFA status before. Its the rookie contract and then the first extension with the same team.

We got lucky to get Porz via trade but we also blew all our assets. We wont get a main piece via FA that is in the same age range of Luka and KP. Because the proven allstars etc are older and the player in the same age range are less talented/less proven.

I think Nelson meant that they wont sign just old win now guys. But that also dont mean they wont sign 28-29y olds like Vuc or Kemba. Hell, Dwight is just a few months younger than these guys.

Last edited by sefant77; Yesterday at 10:46 AM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:21 AM   #784
FreshJive
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,201
FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
If you want to get a certain level of proven talent via free agency, then you look at players older than 28. Because no one reaches UFA status before. Its the rookie contract and then the first extension with the same team.

We got lucky to get Porz via draft but we also blew all our assets. We wont get a main piece via FA that is in the same age range of Luka and KP. Because the proven allstars etc are older and the player in the same age range are less talented/less proven.

I think Nelson meant that they wont sign just old win now guys. But that also dont mean they wont sign 28-29y olds like Vuc or Kemba. Hell, Dwight is just a few months younger than these guys.
Age with with Kemba or Vuc shouldn't even be a thought. They are in their primes.
__________________
I thought you said he didn't have anywhere to go
FreshJive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM   #785
endtroducing MASKED
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Portland
Posts: 864
endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all
Default

I’m still thinking about the potential Powell extension and losing my mind. Kleber can do probably 80% of what he can (maybe closer to equal than that) and costs how much less?
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #786
cutlerny313
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 8
cutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the roughcutlerny313 is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I’m still thinking about the potential Powell extension and losing my mind. Kleber can do probably 80% of what he can (maybe closer to equal than that) and costs how much less?
I agree with this. I think Kleber is a better defender and shooter, Powell is more athletic and better around the basket. But Kleber is just starting out and can improve from what he is now. I think Powell's potential is maxed out now. Kleber is less than 2 million Salary.

Rather Powell be left gone and use that money towards a big like Dedmond.
cutlerny313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:48 PM   #787
BPo001
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,953
BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
I’m still thinking about the potential Powell extension and losing my mind. Kleber can do probably 80% of what he can (maybe closer to equal than that) and costs how much less?
I think this is my biggest issue with the potential deal for Powell. I feel like Maxi has a higher ceiling and they play the same position essentially. Maxi is a much better defender and long range shooter, too.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:16 PM   #788
Melonhead
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,427
Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future
Default

Man y’all really gotta stop bitching about Powell. It’s nauseating.
__________________
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM   #789
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,034
Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future
Default

Y’all can keep Vucecic....I’m not wasting money on him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #790
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,615
DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Eh, part of me is kinda glad he is playing crappy in the playoffs. Makes him more attainable. Doubt the Magic max him out.
__________________
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #791
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 7,034
Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Eh, part of me is kinda glad he is playing crappy in the playoffs. Makes him more attainable. Doubt the Magic max him out.
I don’t know if they will but someone will. Bamba is the future.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:43 AM   #792
Melonhead
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 6,427
Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future
Default

I hope they aren’t looking at Vuc not just because of this series but it’s a part. The league is not moving towards having two big guys like that on the floor at the same time. Look at teams that do well in playoffs. Also think the paint would be clogged up. Mavs would get regularly destroyed on PnR up top. Especially for the type of money Vuc will be getting.
__________________

Last edited by Melonhead; Today at 12:44 AM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:45 AM   #793
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: 41.21.1
Posts: 34,540
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Vucevic is a horrible defender, worse than Powell, even... Not sure what he’d bring to this team that you couldn’t get from someone cheaper.
__________________
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:13 AM   #794
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bee Cave, Texas
Posts: 2,704
dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
Vucevic is a horrible defender, worse than Powell, even... Not sure what he’d bring to this team that you couldn’t get from someone cheaper.
I have wanted him above most of the attainable free agents but after watching
him in all of his PO games - I think I'd pass. Cheaper options are out there.
dirt_dobber is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.