Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:55 PM   #1681
Mavericks Rockets Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 612
Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitproof View Post
We couldn't even beat the Spurs. Get that wussy we could beat LA talk out of here.

That's some potent sore loser juice.
The way I see it, we would have beat the Spurs if Carlisle hadn't been so adamant about keeping Roddy on the bench. We were the better team and I think SA getting swept by the Suns proves that. Anyone who does a quick analysis can tell you we matchup well with LA. Let me demonstrate,

1. Kidd doesn't have to guard a quick pg like Parker. He can simply be put on Fisher and he will do a great job there.

2. We have Marion to defend Kobe. While Kobe is a great player who will get his, you always want to make him work for his points and shoot around 40% not 50% or 60%. Kobe never scored more than 20 points against Dallas this year - that should tell you something.

3. We have three 7'0s to play with the Lakers inside. Most teams in the NBA don't have this kind of luxury.

4. Roddy would destroy Fisher. Everybody knows Fisher has one weakness: Quick PGs.

Call it "sore loser juice" all you want. I still insist we had the personnel to beat LA....
__________________
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2010, 10:40 PM   #1682
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member
 
Dirkadirkastan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,190
Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
Call it "sore loser juice" all you want. I still insist we had the personnel to beat LA....
Just like, as you said yourself, we had the personnel to beat the Spurs.

Face it, the Mavs will underachieve no matter who they throw out there for some reason. Unless they get Lebron, maybe.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 11:01 PM   #1683
Mavericks Rockets Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Houston
Posts: 612
Mavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to allMavericks Rockets Fan is a name known to all
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan View Post
Just like, as you said yourself, we had the personnel to beat the Spurs.

Face it, the Mavs will underachieve no matter who they throw out there for some reason. Unless they get Lebron, maybe.
My point still stands that we match up MUCH better with the Lakers than OKC, Utah, and Phoenix. IMO, the Lakers got off easy by not having to play Dallas....
__________________
Mavericks Rockets Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 12:25 AM   #1684
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member
 
Dirkadirkastan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 9,190
Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute
Default

The Lakers run through the West in 2010 rivals that of the Donaghy/cream puff Spurs run of 2007, I'll give you that.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:47 AM   #1685
WayOutWest
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,037
WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
LOL!!! Brilliant!
__________________
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our stories real history"
"Not his story"

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 02:00 AM   #1686
WayOutWest
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 1,037
WayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the roughWayOutWest is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavericks Rockets Fan View Post
The way I see it, we would have beat the Spurs if Carlisle hadn't been so adamant about keeping Roddy on the bench. We were the better team and I think SA getting swept by the Suns proves that. Anyone who does a quick analysis can tell you we matchup well with LA. Let me demonstrate,

1. Kidd doesn't have to guard a quick pg like Parker. He can simply be put on Fisher and he will do a great job there.

2. We have Marion to defend Kobe. While Kobe is a great player who will get his, you always want to make him work for his points and shoot around 40% not 50% or 60%. Kobe never scored more than 20 points against Dallas this year - that should tell you something.

3. We have three 7'0s to play with the Lakers inside. Most teams in the NBA don't have this kind of luxury.

4. Roddy would destroy Fisher. Everybody knows Fisher has one weakness: Quick PGs.

Call it "sore loser juice" all you want. I still insist we had the personnel to beat LA....
I don't call it sore loser juice since I was telling everyone that the Lakers biggest challenge would be the Mavs, in fact my thoughts were that there was only ONE team that COULD beat the Lakers and that was Dallas.

Had everything to do with matchups. IMO the Mavs have been built to beat teams like the Spurs, who have a strong post presence and run a set offense. The Mavs have just enough size and strength to defend the post and try to minimize that advantage. Then the Mavs utilize their advantage with Dirk to beat teams like SA and LA. IMO the Mavs would be in trouble against teams like OKC and PHX. Run and gun could cause a scoring issue for the Mavs but IMO they had just enough in that department to survive a shoot out with either team this year.

The one place where I felt LA had a clear advantage over the Mavs, as someone else already mentioned, was the mental game. I felt the Mavs would fold when things got tough but my concern was things would not get tough cause the Mavs could blow by the Lakers when the triangle got stagnent. Then it would turn in to Kobe trying to out score Dirk, Jet, and Butler. I felt that Gasol and Bynum could be held in check if you roughed up Gasol. Bynum is somewhat limited and IMO Kobe and Phil don't trust him enough to run the offense through him when Gasol goes in to soft Euro-mode because some defender gets a little rough with him in the post.

I was worried that the Lakers would get "shocked" by the Mavs. A team like the Mavs looks like a 5 game cake walk for most fans but I could have seen the Mavs getting a split in the first two games then holding serve on their home court.

Too bad it didn't happen, I would love to have known if my analysis of the Lakers/Mavs would be close to the mark.
__________________
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our stories real history"
"Not his story"

"Lakers hate causes blindness"
WayOutWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #1687
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

So I was reading the posts about the NBA being rigged, and I was thinking back to all the talk leading up to this final game, and I realized something I think is kind of interesting. Its a well known fact that the more playoff games played, the more money the teams, but also the NBA, gets.

So why is it that there have only been 3 Game 7's in the Finals since 1990? Isn't a Game 7 in the NBA Finals a huge money maker? Sky high ratings? Sold out attendance? If the NBA was truly rigged, if some games were decided because of revenue and league interest, then why have there not been more game 7's?

Like one of you guys said on the last page, if the league was truly rigged, why did Boston win in 08 and LA win this year?

Now, I do believe that some NBA officials have biases. Not every referee is fair and impartial at all times. I also believe that in the past, the NBA probably would subtly drop hints from time to time on who they want to win. Some of the evidence is too compelling. But I don't think its as prevelent as it was rumored to be, nor do I think that it occurs anymore.

Don't get me wrong, there is terrible officiating today. But I think most of it is to blame on the referees. Some are biased, some have agendas, and most are pulled in by superstar personas, by previous results...they maybe give a few more calls to current all stars and former champions. And then there's the other problem, the NBA keeps officials long past their prime. Basketball is the hardest sport to referee, no doubt. More judgment calls than any sport, even baseball. At least in baseball, you can look at the technology and see balls and strikes. In basketball, there is always the question of when is there enough contact for a foul to be called.

For this reason, good referees need good eyesight, quick reflexes, good stamina, etc etc. I think the NBA keeps way too many officials around that are way past their prime and cannot physically keep up with the game.

I think saying "The NBA is rigged!!!" over and over is just an excuse for your team. With basketball, its just time to accept that there will be bad calls, but that no game is ever rigged against you, at the very least not anymore.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #1688
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 8,195
Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Like one of you guys said on the last page, if the league was truly rigged, why did Boston win in 08 and LA win this year?
.

Straw man says, "That's a great argument, because the only possible meaning of "rigged" is "scripted" and the only way the NBA would ever script things is so that everything would go exactly according to whatever might be most superficially beneficial to themselves."
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:11 PM   #1689
Dan1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BR
Posts: 572
Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Like one of you guys said on the last page, if the league was truly rigged, why did Boston win in 08 and LA win this year?
man, in 2008 the celtics were CLEARLY the best team. Stern and his puppets can't do magic. But when it comes down to equal teams the referees can certainly help.
the same logic work for the game 7 question. Some of the last nba finals were clearly not appealing as a celtics x lakers is. That was the highest rating since the Jordan era.
__________________

Last edited by Dan1; 06-19-2010 at 09:15 PM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:17 PM   #1690
Dan1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BR
Posts: 572
Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all
Default

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/4...rexecs-win-big

looks like a fan article, but it only tells the truth
__________________
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:19 PM   #1691
Dan1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BR
Posts: 572
Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
I think saying "The NBA is rigged!!!" over and over is just an excuse for your team. With basketball, its just time to accept that there will be bad calls, but that no game is ever rigged against you, at the very least not anymore.
It's not a excuse, it's a fact. We better get a damn GOOD team next season or bring Lebron or Wade. Otherwise, we're screwed, trust me.
__________________
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:55 PM   #1692
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
man, in 2008 the celtics were CLEARLY the best team. Stern and his puppets can't do magic. But when it comes down to equal teams the referees can certainly help.
the same logic work for the game 7 question. Some of the last nba finals were clearly not appealing as a celtics x lakers is. That was the highest rating since the Jordan era.
This makes no sense. The reason the NBA hasn't had more games go 7 is because the matchups have been sucky, so no one cares?

First off, people care about the Finals, no matter who is in it. The Spurs sweeping the Cavs, those three games cost the NBA millions of dollars. Maybe there aren't as many people watching as they would in a Boston/LA, but there's a lot more than any other game in the entire season.

And there were some good matchups besides Boston/LA. Our own 2006 playoff series. Miami and Dallas are both huge matchups. LA/Detroit? Lots of people in both of those cities. New Jersey went twice...you're telling me that they don't have a lot of fans?

If all the NBA truly cared about was money, they'd make games go 6 or 7 games every single time. At least. Not only for the money, but to keep interest. If a casual fan tunes into the Finals one year and sees four blowouts where neither team ever tries in the 2nd half, what are the chances he'll tune in next year to the regular season stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
It's not a excuse, it's a fact. We better get a damn GOOD team next season or bring Lebron or Wade. Otherwise, we're screwed, trust me.
Good logic here. We need to get a good team. If we get a bad team, we're going to lose and get screwed. But if we get a good team, we'll do good and win games. Last I checked, that's how sports work.

And saying the NBA is rigged is an excuse. Now, I'm not shy to bitch about officiating if I think its bad. I've seen terrible games, and they happen with much more regularity than any other sport. But its always stuff that happens to everyone. Dwyane Wade, despite being on a bad team, gets free throws. Its not because the league sent down a memo wanting their popular storied franchise the Heat to win, because they aren't that popular and have little history. Its because referees are biased and give the benefit of the doubt, and a little more, to Wade because of his reputation. This happens against the Grizzlies, but it also happens against the Lakers. If it mysteriously stopped against the NBA's marquee teams, I'd question the whole rigged thing a little more, but it doesn't. And the Heat don't succeed. Wade just gets free throws.

Dirk is viewed as a guard when he's "posting" at 20 feet, so officials allow two hands. They shouldn't, but it happens all the time, from the Nets to the Nuggets. Jason Terry is allowed to take a step then jump stop, sometimes two steps, without using his dribble. Other players do it too, but its viewed as not being a travel.

The referees are bad, they are biased for and against players, and sometimes, they do actually favor the good teams over the bad teams. But overall, there is no mandate that forces the refs to make sure the Cavs win 65 games. The fact that many of their games are blowouts, and not easily influenced by a few calls, helped support that.

Speaking of, if the NBA was really wanting Dallas to fail, then that streak of 8 consecutive wins in 1-point wins would not actually exist. A call or two could easily cause a loss, but we won those all.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #1693
Dan1
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BR
Posts: 572
Dan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to allDan1 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
This makes no sense. The reason the NBA hasn't had more games go 7 is because the matchups have been sucky, so no one cares?
No. It's cause, as i said, they cant do anything they want. They can decide the outcome of a game just partially. In 06, it was to risky to bring the game 7 to dallas. In 04, the Pistons were much, much better than the Lakers. Same for the Spurs/Cavs series. And im not sure if they care that much about other teams even with the probable higher rating on games 6~7. But make Kobe the next MJ its a must and brings much more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Good logic here. We need to get a good team. If we get a bad team, we're going to lose and get screwed. But if we get a good team, we'll do good and win games. Last I checked, that's how sports work.
No, no. What i meant it's that we need to build a team that is clearly better than the Lakers, not equal. Or bring a superstar that Stern and his puppets like. Saying the NBA is rigged its not a excuse, just look back at the Kings/Lakers series in 02 and even the Mavs/Heat in 06. See the Tim Donaghy scandal, see the good "relationship" that Stern has with his referees. They protect superstars, they try to make new dinastys, new MJs, and always tender to favor the bigger teams. And if the referees are bad or biased, they shouldnt.
__________________

Last edited by Dan1; 06-20-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Dan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:22 AM   #1694
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1 View Post
No. It's cause, as i said, they cant do anything they want. They can decide the outcome of a game just partially. In 06, it was to risky to bring the game 7 to dallas. In 04, the Pistons were much, much better than the Lakers. Same for the Spurs/Cavs series. And im not sure if they care that much about other teams even with the probable higher rating on games 6~7. But make Kobe the next MJ its a must and brings much more money.
This still doesn't solve the question of why there haven't been more Game 7's or even Game 6's in the playoffs when teams which the league hypothetically has no rooting interest.

If they truly want money, and the matchup is, say, San Antonio versus Cleveland. You can argue which team they would want to win...I'd say Cleveland because of LeBron's marketability, which wouldn't make sense because they got swept. Even so, Game's 3 and 4 were decided by 3 and 1 point respectively. Just from a financial aspect, why wouldn't the NBA just decide to make it a 5 or 6 game series. I mean, it wouldn't effect the outcome to make the Spurs lose a couple after going up 3-0, and it'd help the league. If they do this on a regular basis, why not there?

1999: Spurs beat New York in a 4-1 series. Why wasn't it closer. Who would the NBA want to win, a San Antonio team or a New York team. NY is about 10x bigger than San Antonio...financially, wouldn't more jerseys and what not be sold if a New York team was the Champion. Maybe the Spurs were way better, but you're saying that they wouldn't influence the last game of the series, where SA was already up 3-1, so that New York won? The last game was a 1 point game. Easily riggable.

2002: LA 4-0 over New Jersey. The last two games were decided by a combined 9 points.

You see my point. There are games sitting out there in various Finals where it would have made sense for the NBA to rig them and likely not even change the outcome just so that they could pocket some more money, if that's all they want.

Quote:
No, no. What i meant it's that we need to build a team that is clearly better than the Lakers, not equal. Or bring a superstar that Stern and his puppets like. Saying the NBA is rigged its not a excuse, just look back at the Kings/Lakers series in 02 and even the Mavs/Heat in 06. See the Tim Donaghy scandal, see the good "relationship" that Stern has with his referees. They protect superstars, they try to make new dinastys, new MJs, and always tender to favor the bigger teams. And if the referees are bad or biased, they shouldnt.
The referees are biased and bad. As you said they shouldn't be, but they are. But as more comes out about Donaghy, I doubt him more and more. Don't get me wrong, he didn't make it all up. However, I sincerely doubt the NBA is as involved as everyone says. They don't go decide which team they want to win each series. I've already said that there have been a couple times this decade where they dropped subtle hints. Actually, maybe I'm underestimating -- maybe there were a dozen times or so that dropped hints that Kobe needs to have a good game, or that the Kings can't win this series.

But a lot of what happened was just poor referees. And now? It's 100% referees. The NBA would just have to be stupid, after all the scandals that have gone on, to be rigging games right and left. You honestly think that something wouldn't slip? In this age, I think it would. Referees are still biased, still give Kobe more FT's than he deserves, still let LeBron travel, but its not because the NBA said so, but because they're just bad.

So maybe we need that better team to overcome those referee biases, but I would almost guarentee that there isn't some memo coming from the NBA front office that says, "Dallas cannot ever beat Los Angeles."
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #1695
Windmill360
Diamond Member
 
Windmill360's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 6,526
Windmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond reputeWindmill360 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Boston radio show host hangs up on Bill Walton:

http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/...h-bill-walton/

lol
__________________

Last edited by Windmill360; 06-20-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Windmill360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 PM   #1696
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

That was pretty funny. I thought he wasn't half bad when the Ticket interviewed him (if you want to listen, its a podcast), but man, he was just awful there. Don't blame the guy at all.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #1697
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM   #1698
fluid.forty.one
Moderator
 
fluid.forty.one's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 19,382
fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windmill360 View Post
Boston radio show host hangs up on Bill Walton:

http://985thesportshub.cbslocal.com/...h-bill-walton/

lol
hahahaha
__________________
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:27 AM   #1699
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

So...Milwaukee has gone out and gotten both Corey Maggette AND Chris Douglas-Roberts?

Add that to a core of Bogut and Jennings and Salmons? Hmm. They might be a team to pay attention to.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:53 AM   #1700
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
So...Milwaukee has gone out and gotten both Corey Maggette AND Chris Douglas-Roberts?

Add that to a core of Bogut and Jennings and Salmons? Hmm. They might be a team to pay attention to.
They're probably going to lose Salmons. I doubt they'd have traded for Maggette if they expected to have him back.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:58 PM   #1701
tcat075
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: behind you
Posts: 6,248
tcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond reputetcat075 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000 View Post
They're probably going to lose Salmons. I doubt they'd have traded for Maggette if they expected to have him back.
Is he a FA? My bad, forgot about that.

They don't look quite as formidable anymore without Salmons. You can say he and Maggette are kind of a wash, and CDR is a nice piece, but isn't anything to put a franchise over the edge.
tcat075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:51 PM   #1702
Big Boy Laroux
Diamond Member
 
Big Boy Laroux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Posts: 7,673
Big Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond reputeBig Boy Laroux has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Adam Morrison's contributions in the finals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmOk8DJUxQ0
__________________
Big Boy Laroux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:16 PM   #1703
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Is he a FA? My bad, forgot about that.

They don't look quite as formidable anymore without Salmons. You can say he and Maggette are kind of a wash, and CDR is a nice piece, but isn't anything to put a franchise over the edge.
He has a player option so I guess they expect him to excercise it.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
<clutch tagging>, bagdoucheclutchfest, cadbane=exaggerator, crawford bros finals mvp, gay tags, i'm the clutchest, mavsbansuxcadbane, tag clustershag, ur the clutchest d-bag, you´re a clutchebag

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.