Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 12-24-2016, 11:46 AM   #41
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Barnes is also married to two healthy knees
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2016, 12:16 PM   #42
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Barnes is also married to two healthy knees
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #43
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

I like Barnes a lot. Seems stable, mature, and genuinely kind. Close to Dirk in at least values.
Old 12-24-2016, 03:25 PM   #44
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I like Barnes a lot. Seems stable, mature, and genuinely kind. Close to Dirk in at least values.
Right on. Parsons had the whiff of the frat bro about him. Probably why he and Cuban got along so well.

Last edited by mac222b; 12-24-2016 at 03:25 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:11 PM   #45
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Zach Lowe: The state of Chandler Parsons

Quote:
So, umm, when do we start getting worried about this? Now? Next month? Yesterday? Because right now, this is uncomfortable. Parsons hasn't cracked 20 minutes in a game since November, and no one with the Grizz knows when the team might finally clear him to play in back-to-backs.

When Parsons is on the floor, he looks like he needs a few squirts of WD-40 around his knees. He's upright and stiff, slower both with and without the ball, and he requires a Dirk-level deep knee bend to load his jumper. His shot has always been on the flat side, but it's a clothesline right now. So far, the fears Dallas and Portland had about Parsons' knee issues look to have been on point.

You see glimpses of how Parsons might mesh with Mike Conley and Marc Gasol. All three are brainy, shifty players who delight in subtle movements that open little cracks in the defense -- change-of-direction cuts, hesitation dribbles, and shoulder fakes. Parsons can take a handoff from Gasol, drive one way, pitch the ball back to the big fella, and sprint right into another handoff going the other direction.

When Parsons finally got healthy last season, he played the best ball of his life. The Grizzlies and Parsons are both optimistic that player still exists, and that we might see him before the end of the season. Memphis has a lot at stake here.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:51 PM   #46
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Chandler Parsons out again with a sore knee
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM   #47
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Chandler Parsons out again with a sore knee
All that time going clubbing must really have its influences on one's knees.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:19 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hoping this is a lead example of why you can't just throw max contracts out willy nilly. I realize the Grizzlies aren't exactly a free agent attraction, but there were obvious reasons why the Mavs didn't even give him an offer. Bad knees are a death knell in the NBA.
Old 01-28-2017, 10:13 AM   #49
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud of

https://mobile.twitter.com/trailblaz...206272/photo/1
Portland Trail Blazers: To be fair, the NBA 3-point line is really, really far away from the basket.

Shots fired..
Chandler Parsons: good luck in the lottery show this year✊�� – via Twitter ChandlerParsons
CJ McCollum: We hit the lottery by not signing you – via Twitter CJMcCollum
Chandler Parsons: stop it. Technically, I hit the lottery. – via Twitter ChandlerParsons

Last edited by BPo001; 01-28-2017 at 10:14 AM.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2017, 10:20 AM   #50
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Can you imagine if we had kept that guy? Cuban would be listening to offers for the team...
Old 01-28-2017, 11:32 AM   #51
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Parsons with his usual cockyness. Spends all that energy on mouthing off with others, rather than putting effort in improving his game.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:41 PM   #52
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Can you imagine if we had kept that guy? Cuban would be listening to offers for the team...
Yeah but Parsons would have almost guaranteed us Fultz
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #53
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

If, if, if, ifffffff Parsons could ever get healthy, he's a really good player. I don't know if he'll ever play 75+ games. Dodged a bullet.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 10:52 AM   #54
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

Even if he gets healthy again I think he's already lost too much from his legs to be what he could have been or even what he was. I think his best case scenario is a 30+yr old Rashard Lewis type player. A guy who shoots open 3's and gives basically little to nothing else and is a liability in any and all defensive and rebounding areas. 12-14pts 4rebs 2 assists and atrocious defense at best is what I set his bar at right now. And that's if he gets healthy.

If he doesn't get healthy then he's alrdy basically 32/33yr old miami heat Rashard Lewis... at 28yrs old.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Even if he gets healthy again I think he's already lost too much from his legs to be what he could have been or even what he was. I think his best case scenario is a 30+yr old Rashard Lewis type player. A guy who shoots open 3's and gives basically little to nothing else and is a liability in any and all defensive and rebounding areas. 12-14pts 4rebs 2 assists and atrocious defense at best is what I set his bar at right now. And that's if he gets healthy.

If he doesn't get healthy then he's alrdy basically 32/33yr old miami heat Rashard Lewis... at 28yrs old.
I think you missed the one where Parsons pump fakes open three and lets defender to close in. Has he ever been anything than Rashard Lewis type of player? Plus passing skills and driving after pump fakes.

He probably goes down as what could have been player because he does so little when you consider his size. Luckily, Memphis pretty much need him to be reliable on 3 pointers and everyone else can cover his flaws on rebounding and defense. But this is assuming he ever gets healthy.

Parsons could end up being worst contract under the current/new salary cap. And this is something when you consider other candidates like Evan Turner, Joakim Noah and Mozgov.

I used to root for Grizzlies and if I am going to watch the playoffs I probably will root for them. But this may happen only if Parsons is healthy, not sure they are worth of watching without having a healthy lineup.

I am still curious to see what Grizzlies could be with healthy Parsons. Problem is, dude has trouble with his rehabbing. How can someone get injured during playoffs and it takes until January before he gets fully healthy again without having really serious injury, is beyond me.

I personally think Grizzlies should have pursued Batum more, although he is having a rather bad season but he would have brought defense and potential three point threat to the team.

PS! I have not watched any Grizzlies games where Parsons is playing. Is he still doing pump fake routine?

Last edited by Thebo; 01-29-2017 at 06:22 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #56
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Yeah he still pump fakes like crazy. I've watched prolly 8 games with him, which translates to like 100 minutes.... which is like 5 or 6 thousand pump fakes, give or take.

His pump fake might be the best there is so I'm fine with him using it. It's when he passes up great shots by pump faking, then he or his teammates end up with a contested shot because of it that it really looks stupid as shit. That and when someone doesn't bite on it and he just stands there holding the ball... I can almost see the thought bubble over his head saying "Shit... now wtf am I supposed to do..."
Old 01-29-2017, 07:01 PM   #57
Thebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's when he passes up great shots by pump faking, then he or his teammates end up with a contested shot because of it that it really looks stupid as shit. That and when someone doesn't bite on it and he just stands there holding the ball... I can almost see the thought bubble over his head saying "Shit... now wtf am I supposed to do..."
That has been my main and only issue with his pump fakes. Passing up nice looks and/or having no play after pump fake. I have always wondered how people bite on his pump fakes when it is pretty much biggest part of his game.

I have been waiting for Parsons' minute restriction to be lifted. Then I will surely catch one of those games.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:31 PM   #58
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/trailblaz...206272/photo/1
Portland Trail Blazers: To be fair, the NBA 3-point line is really, really far away from the basket.

Shots fired..
Chandler Parsons: good luck in the lottery show this year✊�� via Twitter ChandlerParsons
CJ McCollum: We hit the lottery by not signing you via Twitter CJMcCollum
Chandler Parsons: stop it. Technically, I hit the lottery. via Twitter ChandlerParsons
Look at advanced stats and he is one of the worst players in the league. He is an overall negative for the Grizzlies. They are not because of him in the playoff race, they are despite him in it.

Such a self-loving insecure douche bag...
Old 01-29-2017, 11:56 PM   #59
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
If, if, if, ifffffff Parsons could ever get healthy, he's a really good player. I don't know if he'll ever play 75+ games. Dodged a bullet.
He is what he is at this point. 2 years here and only had a consistent 6 week stretch as what we thought we were getting. At this point hes a lost cause to ever be a consistent starter in the NBA
Old 02-09-2017, 11:22 PM   #60
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

30+ point games in a Mavs uniform...

Chandler Parsons: 5
Harrison Barnes: 6

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 02-09-2017, 11:53 PM   #61
sefant77
Guru

Old 02-10-2017, 10:50 AM   #62
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
30+ point games in a Mavs uniform...

Chandler Parsons: 5
Harrison Barnes: 6
Somewhat shocked to see Parsons had 5.....I don't remember any of them.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:28 PM   #63
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Last 10 games -

Barnes 20ppg, 5rpg on 49% shooting
Parsons 7ppg, 3rpg on 33% shooting
Old 02-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #64
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud of

Earl K. Sneed: Rick Carlisle on Harrison Barnes: “His work ethic is second to none of any player I’ve ever been around as a player or a coach.” – via Twitter EarlKSneed
Old 02-10-2017, 04:08 PM   #65
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Earl K. Sneed: Rick Carlisle on Harrison Barnes: His work ethic is second to none of any player Ive ever been around as a player or a coach. via Twitter EarlKSneed

No but rly, I think his floor is a solid #2. Still hope to see more ft's next year and maybe a little more aggressiveness from 3 as well.
Old 02-10-2017, 06:30 PM   #66
sefant77
Guru

Meanwhile in Memphis..

Old 02-22-2017, 07:07 PM   #67
Underdog

Everybody Hates Chandler Parsons

Old 02-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Damn it, UD. The bump made me think we traded for him
Old 02-22-2017, 07:33 PM   #69
sefant77
Guru

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQydt21h...handlerparsons

Quote:
chandlerparsonsRejuvenated. Thanks again @azulbeachresorts
Yeah this 20MPG and sitting out b2bs really wear you out, i can understand
Old 02-23-2017, 05:26 AM   #70
Thebo

Quote:
Damn it, UD. The bump made me think we traded for him
Without this bump I already thought he's out of the league.
Old 02-24-2017, 09:23 PM   #71
sefant77
Guru

daaaaaaamn what a statline from Parson tonight, ouch.

He really rejuvenated on the Cancun trip...
Old 03-13-2017, 08:29 PM   #72
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Chandler Parsons Likely Out For Season With Torn Meniscus In Left Knee
Third year in a row stealing money. Definately stole 90 million last summer.

Medical retirement within the next two years..

Summing up:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQgHxtoj...handlerparsons

https://streamable.com/t63w5

Last edited by sefant77; 03-13-2017 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:50 PM   #73
yahyes
Diamond Member

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

It was the right move not to bring him back for sure now.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:08 AM   #74
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Wish i could take credit for this pic lol... A rocket's fan made it. Clearly light years ahead of the Rocket trolls we get who think necro bumping 50 threads is funny.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:20 AM   #75
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Pure greatness. My first lol of the day

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 10:48 AM   #76
BPo001
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
It was the right move not to bring him back for sure now.
It was the right move when we sign HB instead of this prima donna. He should be arrested for being a crook. Memphis fans have to be pissed!
Old 03-14-2017, 03:22 PM   #77
mavsfan1000
Platinum Member

mavsfan1000 is just really nicemavsfan1000 is just really nicemavsfan1000 is just really nicemavsfan1000 is just really nicemavsfan1000 is just really nicemavsfan1000 is just really nice

What a decline since his days with the Houston Rockets.
mavsfan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:46 PM   #78
Underdog

@espn_macmahon: Grizzlies make expected announcement: Chandler Parsons will have season-ending surgery on left knee. Menisectomy is scheduled for Monday.

@ImJusSayingTho: Chandler Parsons, Matt Flynn and Brock Osweiler got the same agent