Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-24-2017, 04:58 PM   #41
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud ofBPo001 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ronda is a grade A POS, but would obviously work with Cavs. He's only highly regarded bc of what he did in Boston, which honestly wasnt shit. He passed the ball to 3 HOF in their prime and let them work. All Ronda has to do is pass to the stacked Cavs team and drive the ball from time to time.
I don't watch the Cavs much, but I don't know how well he would fit. You figure the ball is going to be in either Lebron or Kyrie's hands, so they probably need someone who can space the floor.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2017, 05:21 PM   #42
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Ronda is a grade A POS, but would obviously work with Cavs. He's only highly regarded bc of what he did in Boston, which honestly wasnt shit. He passed the ball to 3 HOF in their prime and let them work. All Ronda has to do is pass to the stacked Cavs team and drive the ball from time to time.
Ronda was also able to defend back then. Now he can only pass the ball. I do not think he can do well with other guys handling the ball. Ray Allen, Pierce and KG were fine with being spot up shooters and at some points handling the ball.

Cavs are looking for a backup point, so Kyrie will not be a problem.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 07:00 PM   #43
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

They need a small salary player. They have such a huge payroll and I don't think they have exceptions that would be able to get Dwill or Ronda anymore. Even if they did they'd be looking to dump some sort of salary I'm sure. I think they go for the Jameer or Devin Harris type guy than a splashier higher priced guy. They just need someone to help keep Lebron and Kyrie's mins down more than they are now.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-24-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:40 PM   #44
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I would trade just about whatever the price was to add Nerlens Noel to this team.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 12:56 PM   #45
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I would give our 2017 1st right now, but this isnt enough...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:22 PM   #46
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I would give our 2017 1st right now, but this isnt enough...
Depends what else is being offered. I think if the right offer came along he would have been traded already. He has not been doing so much to increase what his value was before injury. He has proven that he can still play despite the injury.

I still would be hesitant to give up even top10 protected first pick. I would have to seriously look at all draft prospects. You also have to take into account that Noel would have to play center in Dallas. I think he would be fine at that position.

But still, if upcoming games seem to lock Dallas into seed-8, then I would agree to top10 pick, maybe getting 2nd round draft pick back.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #47
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

I'd honestly rather just draft Rabb or some other front court player and have him on a rookie contract for 4 years than send our pick away just to turn around and pay Noel 20-25m a year as a RFA this summer. Hasn't stayed healthy and he can't rebound. Still a hard pass from me for any kind of 1st this year. A heavily protected future one is as far as I go. And I'm not packaging a 1st plus any other meaningful asset for him either.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:30 PM   #48
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I would trade just about whatever the price was to add Nerlens Noel to this team.
If Ferrell keeps this up, then I wouldn't mind at least an inquiry into Whiteside.

Problem with Noel is that he just isn't a very good rebounder...something the Mavs desperately need.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:01 PM   #49
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I'm pretty convinced Nerlens's rebounding would improve if he played center more consistently. Last two seasons he's played out of position at PF. Averaged 8.1 RPG as a rookie playing all of his minutes at center.

And I agree that Whiteside would be great. My only concern is that I think he'll be really expensive.

Last edited by spreedom; 02-04-2017 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:10 PM   #50
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I'm pretty convinced Nerlens's rebounding would improve if he played center more consistently. Last two seasons he's played out of position at PF. Averaged 8.1 RPG as a rookie playing all of his minutes at center.

And I agree that Whiteside would be great. My only concern is that I think he'll be really expensive.
Ive watched only like 3 sixer games this year so I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about how he plays or what position he's in, I have no clue. But at least from a stats point of view according to http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../noelne01.html

He's playing 98% at the C this year. And his rebounding rate is worse than it was last year when he played more 4. And his defensive rebounds is the worst it's ever been. Embiid is playing 100% at center and Okafor is playing 90% at Center. So I think going by that it's rather accurate.
Old 02-04-2017, 04:01 PM   #51
spreedom
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Ive watched only like 3 sixer games this year so I'm not gonna pretend I know anything about how he plays or what position he's in, I have no clue. But at least from a stats point of view according to http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../noelne01.html

He's playing 98% at the C this year. And his rebounding rate is worse than it was last year when he played more 4. And his defensive rebounds is the worst it's ever been. Embiid is playing 100% at center and Okafor is playing 90% at Center. So I think going by that it's rather accurate.
Yeah I agree his rebounding needs to get better, but when you look at the centers available in free agency this summer, he's head and shoulders above the rest. Like it was mentioned above, if a guy like Whiteside or Drummond or someone of that ilk becomes available, do whatever you have to to get that kind of player, but as far as the guys that are going to be on the trade market at the deadline Noel is by far the best long-term option. And with like 18 teams looking at max cap space in free agency this summer, I wouldn't count on signing him this summer unless we have his RFA rights. Maybe there's a promising enough center in the draft this year that I don't really know about, but Noel is, to me, by far the best option among the (admittedly flawed) options we'll see between now and the start of next season.

Nurkic from Denver is another guy I'd have a lot of interest in. He also has his flaws but if we wait for a flawless option we're just going to keep waiting.

Edit: Also FWIW, I wouldn't hate to have our center rotation as Dirk/Mejri/Powell/Hammons for next season, but with the age of the rest of our core guys I'd much rather we find a long-term solution.

Last edited by spreedom; 02-04-2017 at 04:04 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #52
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

What about WCS from the Kings?

I can't say that I know a lot about him but what I've seen I like and he is in the same age group as Barnes, Curry, Yogi, Anderson, Powell, DFS, Hammons, and Brussino.
If we're picking in the 14-18 group would he be worth the pick or am I vastly overvaluing this guy?
Or would Kings laugh at that offer?

I know he has been compared somewhat to TC in the past and that seems to be the type of center we need.

Thoughts???
rimrocker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 12:36 PM   #53
NeedlesKane

NeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to allNeedlesKane is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
If Ferrell keeps this up, then I wouldn't mind at least an inquiry into Whiteside.

Problem with Noel is that he just isn't a very good rebounder...something the Mavs desperately need.
So far he hasn't been playing against trash point guards either.

Let's look at the matchups.
Tony Parker 16 pts, 4 ast, -12
Yogi Ferrell 9 pts, 2 reb, 7 ast, 2 stl, +11

Kyrie Irving 18 pts, 5 reb, 5 ast, 2 stl, -4
Yogi Ferrell 19 pts, 5 reb, 3 ast, 4 stl, +10

TJ McConnell 8 pts, 4 reb, 4 ast, 1 stl, -9
Yogi Ferrell 11 pts, 3 reb, 5 ast, 1 stl, 1 blk, +2

Damian Lillard 13 pts, 9 reb, 6 ast, 1 blk, -1
Yogi Ferrell 32 pts, 2 reb, 5 ast, +3

I like it how he's won 4 straight matchups. I wonder if he'll be able to keep it up against the rest of the league. I hope rumors of a 2 year (hopefully longer) contract is true.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:21 PM   #54
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
What about WCS from the Kings?

I can't say that I know a lot about him but what I've seen I like and he is in the same age group as Barnes, Curry, Yogi, Anderson, Powell, DFS, Hammons, and Brussino.
If we're picking in the 14-18 group would he be worth the pick or am I vastly overvaluing this guy?
Or would Kings laugh at that offer?

I know he has been compared somewhat to TC in the past and that seems to be the type of center we need.

Thoughts???
WCS is really intriging, he produced really well at the end of last season. It really depends where we pick but yeah 14-18 i probably give up for the guy...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 09:33 PM   #55
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Looks like my 11-11 prediction is right on course.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:03 PM   #56
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

I predicted 8 wins and we are 10-6 so far with no signs of slowing down.

I'd still be alive on price is right tho. And isn't that truly what matters here?
Old 02-05-2017, 11:12 PM   #57
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Also I really like WCS. But I'm not giving up our 1 this year for him. Future 1 ok, but not this year. Guys in the top 15 this year(maybe even deeper than that) are arguably as talented as top 5-7 in a usual draft, is the narrative being tossed around.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-05-2017 at 11:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 06:12 PM   #58
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

12-8.

more dots.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 02-13-2017 at 06:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:28 PM   #59
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I fully expect us to go 12-10, which is worst case scenario.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:15 PM   #60
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
I've never been so unhappy to be right. Ugh.

Tags
harden 4 turnover king, houston sux, otter watch, ottery balls