Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2008, 04:01 PM   #81
DirkFTW
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,193
DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet riot act
dirk is so great ...he even made avery look good for a while

avery - dirk = nothing
avery - dirk + dirk = nothing + dirk
avery = dirk
__________________
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2008, 04:02 PM   #82
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
The implication being that any disrespect of Dirk is fueled by jealousy.
what I said is that is was only "human nature"...I did not mean to have those words understood as "The only reason people may dislike Dirk is jealousy" I apologize for my lack of clarity.

But I do feel that in Dirk's case...pettiness/jealousy is a likely motive for dislike. But to be clear...not the only potential reason. Flat out racism could be a reason...or as we mentioned...his lack of "coolness" combined with his amazingly uncanny skill could easily be a reason.
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #83
left texas
Golden Member
 
left texas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: In The Paint
Posts: 1,897
left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Dirk is great!! This 14 seconds of his career defines what he is really all about. I know most of you have seen this, but I think we all felt the same way. Go Dirk!!!!!!

LINK
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:03 PM   #84
Underdog
Moderator
 
Underdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Jun 2011
Posts: 29,707
Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greensborohill


I didn't see any icon, but I got it to work.

Thnx
This was an excellent choice to post as your first pic - it embodies the thread title...
__________________

ďItís the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation heís
in -- or even that heís not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM   #85
DavidDaMonkey
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,932
DavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant futureDavidDaMonkey has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
I don't think it's that he's white, or German, or a Maverick, that denies him the respect/spotlight

Dirk just looks too goofy doing what he does. He's a big dorky looking goof who runs funny and makes awkward moves to the basket and ugly turn around fade aways. The thing is, is that he's really really good at it.

But in this SportsCenter sports culture of ours, people want to see dunks, or kobe doing a crazy reverse layup, or whatever. It looks "smooth" and it looks "cool" and it's just generally a sexier presentation than the big German.

Whatever. I'll take a nice 10 of 14 shooting night with 28 points, in 30 minutes any day of the week compared to that 11 of 33 performance by a certain near-convict yesterday.

viva la Dirk.
I think you nailed it on the head here. Its not about playing well, its about how you look while you are playing well.

In the words of Charles Wright:

"Itís not what you look like, when youíre doinī what youíre doinī.
Itís what youíre doinī when youíre doinī what you look like youíre doinī!"
__________________
Dirk - "We should be ready to go to war."
DavidDaMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:09 PM   #86
DirkFTW
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,193
DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
But in this SportsCenter sports culture of ours, people want to see dunks, or kobe doing a crazy reverse layup, or whatever. It looks "smooth" and it looks "cool" and it's just generally a sexier presentation than the big German.
Dirk is the new sexy.
__________________
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:12 PM   #87
fluid.forty.one
Moderator
 
fluid.forty.one's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 19,349
fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Iand ugly turn around fade aways.
A lot of Dirk's game is ugly looking, but his turn around fade aways aren't part of that category.
__________________
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #88
ty
Diamond Member
 
ty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Between Blue Lines
Posts: 4,424
ty has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond reputety has a reputation beyond repute
Default

His fade is so smooth...
__________________

"I still go through it in my head," Nowitzki said. "One of my last nights in Germany [last month], I was trying to go to sleep, but I couldn't. I was thinking about the free throw I missed [late in Game 3], about different situations that happened in that series. I'll never forget it. It's going to stay in my mind until we win it all."
ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #89
greensborohill
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 319
greensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the roughgreensborohill is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirkFTW
Dirk is the new sexy.

Indeed he is

greensborohill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:20 PM   #90
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Whoever doesn't think there is anti-Dirk bias just doesn't know the world out there. Look at the comments in youtube clips, go spend sometime in other team's boards (I do this a lot) and you'll see what a huge anti-Dirk bias is out there. Many people dislike him. That is a fact.

Why it happens, it's been widely discussed. I think it's also because he goes against every thing that people have been taught about the game. He is a 7footer who is a great shooter, who can score on the block but also anywhere else around the floor. As John Thompson put it very clearely in an interview he did with Dirk and Kidd: "He screwed up the game".

All over America coaches are telling their 7 footers to be push people around, score from two feet away, and barely teaching them how to move. And then here comes this kid from Europe and is so succesful by being totally opposite from what people want out of 7 footers. It's kind of mocking the game that people have been taught.

That plus that he is white, and a European, makes him ripe for criticism. As someone already said, when did you ever hear "soft black boyz" or "tough European" for anyone. NEVER!

Personally I believe this all goes away when/if he wins a title. They can say a lot of thing after that about him, but it can't be that he isn't a winner or that he is 'soft' or a 'choker'.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #91
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry
 
Flacolaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 21,342
Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one
A lot of Dirk's game is ugly looking, but his turn around fade aways aren't part of that category.
Hey I am in agreement, but I have had conversations with fans of other teams who can't understand why Dirk leans so far back, off balance, avoiding contact at all costs...etc, etc, etc...

I think it's great.
__________________
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #92
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

that shot he hit to break Ro's record was a perfect example of a "NoooooooooooooooYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSS!" generic Dirk shot.

Dirk is great.
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:29 PM   #93
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
what I said is that is was only "human nature"...I did not mean to have those words understood as "The only reason people may dislike Dirk is jealousy" I apologize for my lack of clarity.

But I do feel that in Dirk's case...pettiness/jealousy is a likely motive for dislike. But to be clear...not the only potential reason. Flat out racism could be a reason...or as we mentioned...his lack of "coolness" combined with his amazingly uncanny skill could easily be a reason.
When you say that it's only human to dislike somebody who is better at your game than you, you're implying that the lack of respect is driven by blacks. Are saying that the black media treats Dirk differently than the white media?

The problem with your perception of overall media disrespect is that it's shaped by every negative Dirk article that you've ever read when, as Wraith mentioned, the perception of him has changed over the years.

Do I think most media members would consider him a top 5 player? Probably not right now but they would have before the Golden State series. His reputation took a hit after that series and it should have.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:33 PM   #94
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Spot on...I don't recall those guys being called soft black boys for example. I dont' think dirk has enough gangsta in him. It probably embarrasses the brotha's to have the soft white european kicking their assess on the court so much.
While I'll admit that soft is a catch phrase often used to described white/euro players you rarely hear them called dumb, ignorant, stupid or having a low I.Q. Those monikers are reserved for black players and coaches...give me soft any day.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #95
rabbitproof
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: now, here
Posts: 7,720
rabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond reputerabbitproof has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
While I'll admit that soft is a catch phrase often used to described white/euro players you rarely hear them called dumb, ignorant, stupid or having a low I.Q. Those monikers are reserved for black players and coaches...give me soft any day.
In a world that is not black and white, you are either soft or a thug.
__________________

watch your thoughts, they become your words
rabbitproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:45 PM   #96
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
When you say that it's only human to dislike somebody who is better at your game than you, you're implying that the lack of respect is driven by blacks.
In the same post (the next sentence actually) I say any resentment of Dirk could be because of his heritage, because he is a Maverick, etc...so I was not so exclusive in my claim as you have made me out to be...this is the second time in a row I've either been taken out of context or misinterpreted. My main point has been that Dirk has often been unfairly judged and that there is an unusual bias against him...and that whatever the reason is...there is one.

But, to your question, I do believe that there are idiots who dislike Dirk because (and this has all been said by now) he is a goofy white foreign dork. I do think, that among others, one reason that Dirk may be disliked by some is petty jealousy. Are you denying this possibility, offended that I suggest this may be the case for some in the media, or just trying to find out what I think on the matter?

Quote:
Do I think most media members would consider him a top 5 player? Probably not right now but they would have before the Golden State series. His reputation took a hit after that series and it should have.
and I tell you that they had no choice to have that opinion and still be considered legit basketball minds...he had just led a team to 67 wins. Like I said before, its not that anyone says Dirk is a bad player (that is ridiculous and patently unarguable), its more that some seem to enjoy taking shots when shots are even potentially reasonable.

let me be very clear in this question as well: do you dirno believe that there is any national anti-dirk bias?
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 04:56 PM   #97
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
While I'll admit that soft is a catch phrase often used to described white/euro players you rarely hear them called dumb, ignorant, stupid or having a low I.Q. Those monikers are reserved for black players and coaches...give me soft any day.
those other monikers are not under discussion in this thread...I'm not sure what purpose they have in this conversation...except to say that "other people are racist to!" Which is not under any debate I heartily agree with you if that is your point.

Personally, I would prefer not to be called any of those things.

But I'm not sure I agree with the exclusive use of "low hoop IQ" as something only said about black players...I seem to remember tons of dumb white stiffs that Nellie drafted who had ZERO hoop IQ....and we said such.

the "Soft" moniker is almost exclusively for white players though....it denotes weakness.

and when 19 year old Dirk entered this league...he certainly was "soft"...but 30 year old Dirk is a warrior. He wages battle differently than Kobe or LeBron to be sure...that man has heart none the less.
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #98
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
In the same post (the next sentence actually) I say any resentment of Dirk could be because of his heritage, because he is a Maverick, etc...so I was not so exclusive in my claim as you have made me out to be...this is the second time in a row I've either been taken out of context or misinterpreted. My main point has been that Dirk has often been unfairly judged and that there is an unusual bias against him...and that whatever the reason is...there is one.

But, to your question, I do believe that there are idiots who dislike Dirk because (and this has all been said by now) he is a goofy white foreign dork. I do think, that among others, one reason that Dirk may be disliked by some is petty jealousy. Are you denying this possibility, offended that I suggest this may be the case for some in the media, or just trying to find out what I think on the matter?
I apologize if Iím misrepresenting your argument because thatís not my intention. You did throw out a number of theories but obviously that one struck a nerve. It implies that criticism of Dirk is skewed towards the black basketball media and I donít see that. I also donít see why, say, David Aldridge would be jealous of Dirk. I could be wrong but I donít see it. And Rick Bucher, who I consider Dirkís biggest critic over the years, has absolutely no reason to be jealous of him. He probably dislikes him because heís not a very good analyst.

Quote:
and I tell you that they had no choice to have that opinion and still be considered legit basketball minds...he had just led a team to 67 wins. Like I said before, its not that anyone says Dirk is a bad player (that is ridiculous and patently unarguable), its more that some seem to enjoy taking shots when shots are even potentially reasonable.
They always have a choice. Thatís why nobody is ever unanimous. The two years before that they had a choice as to weather to vote him on to the first team or the second or third team. He finished ahead of some very good players these past three years and he couldnít have done that if the media bias was as blatant as you say it is.

Quote:
let me be very clear in this question as well: do you dirno believe that there is any national anti-dirk bias?
Do I think heís been underrated for most of his career? Yes, I do. But over the past couple of years Iíve seen a lot of the disrespect subside. While itís still out there, itís so infrequent and spread out that itís hard to make blanket statements like ďhe doesnít get respect because heís whiteĒ. You kind of have to look at the comments on a case by case basis and take into account who is making them.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #99
dirno2000
Diamond Member
 
dirno2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Robot Hell, NJ
Posts: 9,574
dirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond reputedirno2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
those other monikers are not under discussion in this thread...I'm not sure what purpose they have in this conversation...except to say that "other people are racist to!" Which is not under any debate I heartily agree with you if that is your point.

Personally, I would prefer not to be called any of those things.
You're right. It's probably worthy of it's own thread but since we're on the subject of race I just threw it out there. I don't even know if I'd call it blatantly racist in most cases. It 's more if a subconcious thing. Kind of like the bit that BAD radio does.

Quote:
But I'm not sure I agree with the exclusive use of "low hoop IQ" as something only said about black players...I seem to remember tons of dumb white stiffs that Nellie drafted who had ZERO hoop IQ....and we said such.
I don't remember their basketball IQ ever being questioned. They were called big white stiffs but that's about it.

Quote:
the "Soft" moniker is almost exclusively for white players though....it denotes weakness.

and when 19 year old Dirk entered this league...he certainly was "soft"...but 30 year old Dirk is a warrior. He wages battle differently than Kobe or LeBron to be sure...that man has heart none the less.
I would say that it's used for euro's more than American whites.
__________________
dirno2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:41 PM   #100
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I also donít see why, say, David Aldridge would be jealous of Dirk. I could be wrong but I donít see it. And Rick Bucher, who I consider Dirkís biggest critic over the years, has absolutely no reason to be jealous of him. He probably dislikes him because heís not a very good analyst.
thank you for you thoughtful reply, dirno, I expected no less. But to this point...I don't know David Aldridge. I think he is a good basketball guy but I have no insight to what drives his intentions or what motivates him. For me to pretend like I do would be asinine. Rick Bucher is a brainless talking head who just spouts whatever is popular at the time...he is dumb, stupid, ignorant, and has NO basketball IQ. (I made myself smile with that one.)



Quote:
They always have a choice. Thatís why nobody is ever unanimous. The two years before that they had a choice as to weather to vote him on to the first team or the second or third team. He finished ahead of some very good players these past three years and he couldnít have done that if the media bias was as blatant as you say it is.
of course they literally have a choice...but in practicality they didn't have much. Dirk has outplayed anyone at his position and the success of his team as been amazing in the regular season. I think you may be reaching here...Dirk's numbers have been so wonderful and his team's success so focused on his own...it would be very hard for someone to have let him sink on those teams. That is, of course, my opinion.



Quote:
Do I think heís been underrated for most of his career? Yes, I do. But over the past couple of years Iíve seen a lot of the disrespect subside.
interesting choice of word there...because I'd suggest that there is a huge difference between "underrated" and "disrespected". Underrated implies lack of correct perception...disrespecting implies personal dislike. I think Dirk has be shown both.
Quote:
You kind of have to look at the comments on a case by case basis and take into account who is making them.
I totally agree...and with some...it could be well reasoned criticism, with others it could be nationalism, with some it could overflow and backlash of Cuban dislike, and for some it could be because Dirk is a goofy white guy who hits shots better than anyone ever at his size...call it jealousy, racism, whatever.

Like I said and still maintain there is a reason that many in the national media dont like Dirk...and whatever reasons....."Dirk is Great"!
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #101
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirno2000
I
Do I think heís been underrated for most of his career? Yes, I do. But over the past couple of years Iíve seen a lot of the disrespect subside. While itís still out there, itís so infrequent and spread out that itís hard to make blanket statements like ďhe doesnít get respect because heís whiteĒ. You kind of have to look at the comments on a case by case basis and take into account who is making them.

You really have to look at other team's message board to see that the above statement is unrealistic. Dirk is being called a p*** or a choker more than ever before. People have pretty much forgotten that he took this team to the finals by beating SA in a game 7 on their own court. People are saying that his MVP is ridicolous, silly, and that people will laugh at it 20 years from now. Dirk's rep right now is at an all time low. Only a deep playoff run, probably only a ring, will make that go away.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:46 PM   #102
sike
The Preacha
 
sike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rock
Posts: 36,051
sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
You really have to look at other team's message board to see that the above statement is unrealistic. Dirk is being called a p*** or a choker more than ever before. People have pretty much forgotten that he took this team to the finals by beating SA in a game 7 on their own court. People are saying that his MVP is ridicolous, silly, and that people will laugh at it 20 years from now. Dirk's rep right now is at an all time low. Only a deep playoff run, probably only a ring, will make that go away.
I'm sure you are right, but we were specifically not talking about fan perception.
__________________

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 05:57 PM   #103
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike
I'm sure you are right, but we were specifically not talking about fan perception.
Most of these people though are not CASUAL fans. They really are hardcore fans, you can tell by how much they spend talking about the NBA. And in the media, if you put Hollinger and Stein aside, almost everyone has completely forgotten him and the Mavs in the best scenario, or continously call him unable to lead the team.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:11 PM   #104
chumdawg
Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Cowboys Country
Posts: 23,309
chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Dirk
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 PM   #105
nowhereman
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 4,710
nowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond reputenowhereman has a reputation beyond repute
Default

what do Tim Duncan, Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and Tracy McGrady have in common? they are all below Nowitzki in PER this year. And Dirk is statistically having a down year.

Dirk has thrown down some absolutely sick dunks this year. His lefty slam against the Lakers in the first quarter a couple of weeks back is a notable one. His shot is falling right now too. You can't stop this guy, no matter how you play him, and he's been stellar on the defensive end this season. In terms of pure ability, he is light years ahead of where he was even 2 years ago, which was statistically one of his 2 best years to date.

Nowitzki is already locked into the top 7 PF of all time (i'd have him at #5 myself, personally) and is only halfway through his career. I have no doubt in my mind he's going to be locked into the top 4 ever behind Duncan and Malone by the time he's done. I think the 4 (and counting) titles basically lock it up for Duncan, but if Dirk wins a ring, he has a real shot to be #2 on most people's ballots.

Basically, Dirk is amazing. He is already measured by standards reserved for the all time greats, and his face will be on the Mt. Rushmore of power forwards by the time it's all said and done.
__________________



Quote:
RT @TyLawson3 Good game between Dallas and Portland. Good thing we didn't end up getting Dallas. Coach Karl lost his mind.
nowhereman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 06:16 PM   #106
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,082
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant futureMavsWiLLHaVeRinGs has a brilliant future
Default

Dirk is all the things listed above from various posts (white, European, untraditional 7 footer) and on top of that plays for in my opinion the most disrespected team in the league, the Mavs. I swear media and non-Mavs fans treat the Mavericks like it's still the early 90's where they win 20 games a season. It doesn't help a bit that we flamed out the last two years in the most dramatic fashion possible.

It's not going to ever change until the Dallas Mavericks are NBA Champions....EVER.

Last edited by MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs; 03-17-2008 at 06:17 PM.
MavsWiLLHaVeRinGs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:05 PM   #107
LSMF
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 5,499
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
wow...

you really are suffering aren't you?

get a grip on reality you idiot
Get a Grip on reality? Are you serious? The funny thing is that alot of people agreed with my opinion and you didn't diss them but you had to come diss me.
__________________
Monta Ellis is an All-Star.

Last edited by LSMF; 03-17-2008 at 07:51 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #108
LSMF
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 5,499
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Whoever doesn't think there is anti-Dirk bias just doesn't know the world out there. Look at the comments in youtube clips, go spend sometime in other team's boards (I do this a lot) and you'll see what a huge anti-Dirk bias is out there. Many people dislike him. That is a fact.

Why it happens, it's been widely discussed. I think it's also because he goes against every thing that people have been taught about the game. He is a 7footer who is a great shooter, who can score on the block but also anywhere else around the floor. As John Thompson put it very clearely in an interview he did with Dirk and Kidd: "He screwed up the game".

All over America coaches are telling their 7 footers to be push people around, score from two feet away, and barely teaching them how to move. And then here comes this kid from Europe and is so succesful by being totally opposite from what people want out of 7 footers. It's kind of mocking the game that people have been taught.

That plus that he is white, and a European, makes him ripe for criticism. As someone already said, when did you ever hear "soft black boyz" or "tough European" for anyone. NEVER!

Personally I believe this all goes away when/if he wins a title. They can say a lot of thing after that about him, but it can't be that he isn't a winner or that he is 'soft' or a 'choker'.
You nailed it, that's the same exact thing I was trying to say and immediately I was given negative rep. I don't care though because it's the truth, people once used to call the mavs "soft white boyz". That right there should show how much people respect dirk. The fact imo is that Dirk is unstoppable but since he is white and a euro he will alway be called "soft". If Duncan was the one shooting 3's everyone would be praising him all the time but since it's dirk he is called soft. If you can't see that there is a bias against Dirk then I don't know what to tell you. Even Stack said it on a interview with Stephen A.Smith that the reason why the mavs are considered soft is because they have a jumpshooting euro player as their leader. And I will try to find the link of the interview just to prove it.
__________________
Monta Ellis is an All-Star.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:27 PM   #109
horse900703
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,674
horse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud ofhorse900703 has much to be proud of
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Dirk is great, but it took me a while to get over this picture...




Here is the picture that won me back!!!

very nice picture~~
horse900703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 07:39 PM   #110
DirkFTW
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,193
DirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond reputeDirkFTW has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart
Dirk is great, but it took me a while to get over this picture...




Here is the picture that won me back!!!

I call photoshop!




please let it be photoshopped!
__________________
DirkFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:32 PM   #111
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
You nailed it, that's the same exact thing I was trying to say and immediately I was given negative rep. I don't care though because it's the truth, people once used to call the mavs "soft white boyz". That right there should show how much people respect dirk. The fact imo is that Dirk is unstoppable but since he is white and a euro he will alway be called "soft". If Duncan was the one shooting 3's everyone would be praising him all the time but since it's dirk he is called soft. If you can't see that there is a bias against Dirk then I don't know what to tell you. Even Stack said it on a interview with Stephen A.Smith that the reason why the mavs are considered soft is because they have a jumpshooting euro player as their leader. And I will try to find the link of the interview just to prove it.
In fact Sheed shoots jumpers, spend little time on the block, is prone to many mental mistakes that cost his team (Game 5, 2005 Finals) yet all you hear about him is praise. KG isn't really a dominating force on the block either, does his damage from 10-15 feet mostly, kind of like the new Dirk. He has barely achieved any success with his teams, but he yells and screams. So he is tough. It's all about the rep that people wanna give you, and Euros in basketball will always be 'soft' cause they can't dunk like black American players.

Here's a great example I just though of. A couple of weeks ago there was a podcast on ESPN. It was a lengthy interview, discussion, between Bill Simmons and Rich Bucher (I realize people will say Rich has always hated Dirk and the Mavs but he is in the national media that spreads the rep around). They are talking about the West race, and then the conversation turns to Gasol and the Lakers. Who is their worst matchup, and Simmons says it's gotta be the Spurs. Bucher says it's true on theory, but he spend some time talking to Memphis coaches and they said that Gasol does well against Duncan. However he gets shredded by Amare and.... Dirk. Bill Simmons says that is true, he has seen it in both cases. And when Simmons admits that about Dirk, Bucher says "Yeah, go figure that one out right". I was like what the f......???? Where have you been you f.... moron. Have you seen the 06 playoffs, cause I know you could care less about international ball. And what the hell is that supposed to mean. Dirk is a top2 player at his position, and you say it's tough to understand how he owns other players that play there????

It was a huge sign of disprespect, and one that BS didn't even try to argue. That is what the media is telling people about Dirk this year. How come I never even hear his name in MVP dicussions after what he has done the last month. The Mavs are right there in the West, Dirk is playing amazing, but somehow Paul, McGrady, Bryant all get mentioned and Dirk doesn't even warrant a top 10 place??? But Dwight Howard does???
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 08:43 PM   #112
mavsjunkie
Golden Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,149
mavsjunkie is just really nicemavsjunkie is just really nicemavsjunkie is just really nicemavsjunkie is just really nicemavsjunkie is just really nicemavsjunkie is just really nice
Default

Let's not go crazy here, remember we're all feeling a little warm and fuzzy inside because we've played a bunch of trash the last couple of weeks, and Dirks been doing it against junk, and I do love me some Dirk, and he's great, but we're Maverick Fans, and asking us if Dirk is great doesn't measure his greatness.

Ask the rest of the league, and if they conquer, then he is great. Like I can safely say that Kobe is great, and i'm not a fan of his or his team.

So don't ask our own fans, ask the nation.
__________________
mavsjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:02 PM   #113
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavsjunkie
Let's not go crazy here, remember we're all feeling a little warm and fuzzy inside because we've played a bunch of trash the last couple of weeks, and Dirks been doing it against junk, and I do love me some Dirk, and he's great, but we're Maverick Fans, and asking us if Dirk is great doesn't measure his greatness.

Ask the rest of the league, and if they conquer, then he is great. Like I can safely say that Kobe is great, and i'm not a fan of his or his team.

So don't ask our own fans, ask the nation.
Sorry but I disagree. Most fans will agree with what the media tells them. If the media tells them that Billups and Arenas are clutch, that's what they'll think. They won't know that in the last two seasons those guys have missed the most clutch shots out of anybody in the league.

To me the respect comes from players and coaches. And Dirk is constantly an All Star, voted in always by the coaches, not the fans. And he is always being double teamed, and the focus of defenses. That's respect.

Read my post above to see what kind of disrespect the media has for him.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #114
LSMF
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 5,499
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
In fact Sheed shoots jumpers, spend little time on the block, is prone to many mental mistakes that cost his team (Game 5, 2005 Finals) yet all you hear about him is praise. KG isn't really a dominating force on the block either, does his damage from 10-15 feet mostly, kind of like the new Dirk. He has barely achieved any success with his teams, but he yells and screams. So he is tough. It's all about the rep that people wanna give you, and Euros in basketball will always be 'soft' cause they can't dunk like black American players.

Here's a great example I just though of. A couple of weeks ago there was a podcast on ESPN. It was a lengthy interview, discussion, between Bill Simmons and Rich Bucher (I realize people will say Rich has always hated Dirk and the Mavs but he is in the national media that spreads the rep around). They are talking about the West race, and then the conversation turns to Gasol and the Lakers. Who is their worst matchup, and Simmons says it's gotta be the Spurs. Bucher says it's true on theory, but he spend some time talking to Memphis coaches and they said that Gasol does well against Duncan. However he gets shredded by Amare and.... Dirk. Bill Simmons says that is true, he has seen it in both cases. And when Simmons admits that about Dirk, Bucher says "Yeah, go figure that one out right". I was like what the f......???? Where have you been you f.... moron. Have you seen the 06 playoffs, cause I know you could care less about international ball. And what the hell is that supposed to mean. Dirk is a top2 player at his position, and you say it's tough to understand how he owns other players that play there????

It was a huge sign of disprespect, and one that BS didn't even try to argue. That is what the media is telling people about Dirk this year. How come I never even hear his name in MVP dicussions after what he has done the last month. The Mavs are right there in the West, Dirk is playing amazing, but somehow Paul, McGrady, Bryant all get mentioned and Dirk doesn't even warrant a top 10 place??? But Dwight Howard does???
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to endrity again.

You are a freakin genius Endrity, great points you made right there.
I hope other people take the time to read this post, an example of this is Tracy Mcgrady, Kevin Garnett and Carmelo. All of those dudes have not achieved much for their teams but because each possess a certain characteristic that the media likes they are allowed to slide. Both Mcgrady and Melo have not won a playoff series ever but because they are flashy you barely hear anything about them. And also they can never be considered "soft" because they are black(no racism intended).

Garnett is freakin annoyin imo, he's a great player and i love his intensity but most of the time he acts like a freakin wwf wrestler during games. He's banging water bottles on his head, talkin $hitt to himself and other opponents Acting wild and crazy during games. He's been in the league for freakin 13 years and hasn't won jack$hitt and all you will hear is that he is a "warrior" from the media and fans.

Dirk singlehandedly carried his team into the finals in 2006 and if not for that bastard D-fake and bastard refs Dirk would have a ring. Yet he is criticized for being the reason why the mavs lost, how can Dirk be getting pounded by Haslem with no call and wade shooting Ft at every touch be a fair series? I still can't understand how wade shot 97 freethrows! Well I guess we will have to live with Dirk being called soft for a long time, even when Dirk wins his ring I bet you some fools will say it's a fluke and that he is still soft.
__________________
Monta Ellis is an All-Star.

Last edited by LSMF; 03-17-2008 at 09:05 PM.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 PM   #115
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsufferingmavsfan
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to endrity again.

You are a freakin genius Endrity, great points you made right there.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to longsuferringmavsfan again.

Thank you sir, you are very kind.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #116
Rick41
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: North Laredo
Posts: 7,994
Rick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond reputeRick41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Dirk is sexy.

Dirk is beautiful.

Dirk is god.


This thread is so lovely...lol.
__________________


"Dirk Nowitzki is now a household name in every locker room in this world.
You say it in Brazil, you say Dirk, they know Nowitzki. You say it in China,
they know Nowitzki. Kobe, Michael, DIRK." - Jeff Van Gundy
Rick41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:06 PM   #117
endrity
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,001
endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold
Default

Rajon Rondo just grabed a rebond in between Duncan and Parker, to decide the game pretty much, just like he did against the Mavs. I don't think we'll see anyone call out Duncan like they did against Dirk.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM   #118
LSMF
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 5,499
LSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond reputeLSMF has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Rajon Rondo just grabed a rebond in between Duncan and Parker, to decide the game pretty much, just like he did against the Mavs. I don't think we'll see anyone call out Duncan like they did against Dirk.
You probably won't hear a word about it, but when it happened to Dirk everyone was bashing Dirk as usual
__________________
Monta Ellis is an All-Star.
LSMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:57 PM   #119
Locked_Up_Tonight
Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,779
Locked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to beholdLocked_Up_Tonight is a splendid one to behold
Default



Okay, someone clue me in on the game in which he did that?
__________________
Locked_Up_Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #120
bernardos70
Diamond Member
 
bernardos70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 6,611
bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute
Default

If it wasn't for Dirk, I would never have gotten into watching the NBA.
__________________
Let's go Mavs!

Last edited by bernardos70; 03-17-2008 at 11:00 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
<clutch tagging>, 12-15 for 48 points, 3/25m - wow!, clutch nowitzki, clutchwitzki, dir30k, dirk, dirk = clutch...again, dirk goes to 11, dirk is my religion, dirk pwns ur face 4ever!!, dirk tea baggzz nba!!!!!, gay for dirk!!!, his clutchness, his hairness ?, offthemarkus1234, playoff clutch, return of the quack!, santa dirk, sir ghost face drillah, smc rulz, thekidsarenotallright, top-10 all time scorer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.