Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: Will Bogut be with the team on Feb 24th?
Yes, he'll stay on the team-- may even be re-signed 0 0%
Nope. Dude's last game is coming up 20 100.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #41
yahyes
Diamond Member

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

It's a win-win situation. No need to sweat it right now trying to trade him.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #42
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

With him half-assing it, I think we NEED to trade him at this point. We can't even keep him happy enough play decent ball.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:34 PM   #43
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
With him half-assing it, I think we NEED to trade him at this point. We can't even keep him happy enough play decent ball.
Yeah after tonight, Im wondering if he lied to himself when he said "I wont get offended coming off the bench"...tonights performance screams get me out of here.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:13 PM   #44
tap2390

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Yeah after tonight, Im wondering if he lied to himself when he said "I wont get offended coming off the bench"...tonights performance screams get me out of here.
The problem isn't he lied to himself. He lied to the team and is shorting his teammates. The difference between him and Chandler in terms of professionalism is extraordinary. Bogut won't stfu about how bad it is to earn millions of dollars to play a game. He's no better than Rondo IMO.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:20 PM   #45
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

I'm not a fan of Bogut but some of these pg's(deron especially) have done him no favors at all. Last few games there have been possessions where they throw behind the back passes to him after they have broken down a defense and thrown it to him with 1-3 seconds on the shot clock after they dribbled the air out and didn't want to take bad shots. So for a guy who already is wanting out I think things like that make you check out mentally. Like "what am I even doing here?" type thoughts.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:40 AM   #46
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
The problem isn't he lied to himself. He lied to the team and is shorting his teammates. The difference between him and Chandler in terms of professionalism is extraordinary. Bogut won't stfu about how bad it is to earn millions of dollars to play a game. He's no better than Rondo IMO.
Not even a comparison. Rondo is on a whole nother level
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 02:40 AM   #47
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

It's funny that 2 drastically different teams are taking 2 entirely different approaches possibly. The Hawks are currently .5 games ahead of the Hornets for 4th in the East, and they just traded Korver. Woj is reporting they are shopping Milsap and Sefalosha as well. So they are sitting pretty and look to be competitive for a home playoff series, yet they look to be blowing it up and getting what they can for players before they are gone for nothing. And outside of the Cavs and Raptors nobody is clearly ahead of the Hawks to me. The Mavs have the worst record in the West, built a team with injury plagued players everywhere, and are DNP'ing young players like Simba to try and eek out every possible win for a meaningless 1st round sweep and follow that up with losing asset(s) for nothing in the off season. To make it worse they are significantly worse than Warriors, Spurs, Clippers(when healthy) and the Rockettes. They are also clearly worse than the Jazz, Grizz, and the Thunder to me. I still don't think the answer is to lose intentionally but I really hope they move some of these guys for something before the TDL.

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-06-2017 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-06-2017, 09:58 AM   #48
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Really seems like a year in which there are 2-3 teams are dominant and the rest of the teams are either trying to just develop or blow it all up and rebuild. Almost no one outside Oakland and Cleveland thinks that they have a good chance to take the trophy, which means we have steep competition on the tanking front and also not a lot of trade partners who are desperate to improve.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-06-2017 at 10:05 AM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:53 AM   #49
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It's heavily protected but yeah they can't trade it while it's in limbo like that. However...

So they have Philly's 2nd, that's almost a first I guess.
http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed
Wonder if this would work for all teams:

Bogut to Boston
Asik/Diallo/Boston 2nd to Dallas
Johnson to NO

I have no idea how well Johnson is playing in Boston but Zeller and a throw-in could be another option to help NO shed some salary.

Last edited by rimrocker; 01-06-2017 at 10:54 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #50
tap2390

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's funny that 2 drastically different teams are taking 2 entirely different approaches possibly. The Hawks are currently .5 games ahead of the Hornets for 4th in the East, and they just traded Korver. Woj is reporting they are shopping Milsap and Sefalosha as well. So they are sitting pretty and look to be competitive for a home playoff series, yet they look to be blowing it up and getting what they can for players before they are gone for nothing. And outside of the Cavs and Raptors nobody is clearly ahead of the Hawks to me. The Mavs have the worst record in the West, built a team with injury plagued players everywhere, and are DNP'ing young players like Simba to try and eek out every possible win for a meaningless 1st round sweep and follow that up with losing asset(s) for nothing in the off season. To make it worse they are significantly worse than Warriors, Spurs, Clippers(when healthy) and the Rockettes. They are also clearly worse than the Jazz, Grizz, and the Thunder to me. I still don't think the answer is to lose intentionally but I really hope they move some of these guys for something before the TDL.

Also compare Dwight's comment, something along the lines of "not my place to talk about it" to Bogut's constant bitching.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #51
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Default Will Bogut be traded by the Feb 23 Deadline?

Will Bogut be with the team on Feb 24th? Poll has been added.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-06-2017 at 12:14 PM.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #52
yahyes
Diamond Member

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

If Boston could give us their first round pick they have for this years draft. Then I'm all for it trading Bogut there.
Old 01-06-2017, 08:56 PM   #53
yahyes
Diamond Member

Quote:
Really seems like a year in which there are 2-3 teams are dominant and the rest of the teams are either trying to just develop or blow it all up and rebuild. Almost no one outside Oakland and Cleveland thinks that they have a good chance to take the trophy, which means we have steep competition on the tanking front and also not a lot of trade partners who are desperate to improve.
Which could just end up being Warriors vs Cle part 3...
Old 01-07-2017, 04:43 AM   #54
hayth.james.g

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Something like : http://www.inquisitr.com/3858118/nba...gic-mavericks/
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:13 AM   #55
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
I'd only be interested if draft picks are involved. Dragic doesn't help us and we are giving up arguably our 2 best trade assets (Bogut, Deron).
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:48 AM   #56
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No way Boston does that trade.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:10 AM   #57
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
PASS.

Dragic is on the wrong side of 30, has 3 years/$54m left on his contract after this season, and doesn't really do anything better than D-Will... This would be the wrong move for a team that's in a rebuild (there's a reason why Miami wants to get rid of him).

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:19 AM   #58
tap2390

D-Will & our 2nd for Cavs TE & their 1st, then

Bogut/ Wes/ Anderson to Celtics for Zeller/ Crowder/ Jerekpo/ Smart/ one of their picks.

Last edited by tap2390; 01-07-2017 at 11:21 AM.
tap2390 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:37 AM   #59
Budapest Maverick
Platinum Member

Budapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant futureBudapest Maverick has a brilliant future

Quote:

Bogut/ Wes/ Anderson to Celtics for Zeller/ Crowder/ Jerekpo/ Smart/ one of their picks.
I would do these in a heartbeat, but not sure the Celtics would, even if it's their own first round pick and not the Brooklyn pick. I'm guessing that's what you meant. They wouldn't give up both Crowder and Smart, maybe one of them.
Budapest Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 01:01 PM   #60
hayth.james.g

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
PASS.

Dragic is on the wrong side of 30, has 3 years/$54m left on his contract after this season, and doesn't really do anything better than D-Will... This would be the wrong move for a team that's in a rebuild (there's a reason why Miami wants to get rid of him).
I don't disagree. Plus I am salivating over these PG in the draft. Let's just pray we lose these next few games to convince everyone that the draft is our clear best path.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #61
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hawks asking for a "quality 1st" for an expiring Millsap

Nets asking for two 1st for Brook Lopez
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #62
yahyes
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
I'd only be interested if draft picks are involved. Dragic doesn't help us and we are giving up arguably our 2 best trade assets (Bogut, Deron).
Well Dragic is a much better scorer than Deron. I would go for it because he still has a chance to play 5 more seasons on a team. That would help Barnes a lot more too offensively. We could really upgrade on offense.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:36 PM   #63
yahyes
Diamond Member

If the Mavs are getting interest to land Dragic trading Bogut. Then it's looking more interesting to see what other trade scenarios are out there.

Last edited by yahyes; 01-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #64
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

If we trade for Dragic, my faith in the FO will be forever destroyed. It would prove without a doubt that they are out of touch and unable to do much more than install patches on the SMS Titanic. This team has a future-- perhaps even a strong one in the next 2-4 years, but only if they accept that bringing in 30-something vets as rentals is a very bad idea.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #65
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahyes View Post
Well Dragic is a much better scorer than Deron.
Not really... He scores a few more points per game, but his ability to score is not "much better" than Deron's. Plus, he's not as good of a passer or rebounder, and his defense is atrocious... Not to mention that Dragic is only 2 years younger than Deron, but $10m/year more expensive.... At BEST it would be a lateral trade that ties up a bunch of our cap for 3 years while giving away our best trade assets.

Like an old man with a busted prostate after eating way too much cheese: hard pass.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra

Last edited by Underdog; 01-07-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 07:12 PM   #66
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Cavs don't have a 1st-rounder available for trade until 2021.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:24 PM   #67
yahyes
Diamond Member

Quote:
If we trade for Dragic, my faith in the FO will be forever destroyed. It would prove without a doubt that they are out of touch and unable to do much more than install patches on the SMS Titanic. This team has a future-- perhaps even a strong one in the next 2-4 years, but only if they accept that bringing in 30-something vets as rentals is a very bad idea.
Mavs aren't drafting a PG...
Old 01-07-2017, 08:26 PM   #68
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
yah no.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-07-2017 at 08:27 PM.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:35 PM   #69
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Old 01-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #70
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...kely-candidate

Quote:
ESPN's Marc Stein is reporting that Matthews is 'not in play' when it comes to trade talks, and the team has been 'batting away pitches' for him.
Old 01-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #71
yahyes
Diamond Member

Bogut's value has gone up.
Old 01-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #72
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Bogut's value has gone up.
What makes you say that? He looked like the worst player on the floor tonight. The rebounds are nice but any time he was on the floor we were a net negative.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:21 PM   #73
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
This makes absolutely no sense to me and is a clear indication the Mavs still have the "win with Dirk" mentality.
I understand not wanting to "give" him away but if there is a chance to benefit the team long-term then they need to entertain any offer.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:23 PM   #74
Thebo

Thebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to beholdThebo is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
... is a clear indication the Mavs still have the "win with Dirk" mentality..
Has there been any indication that Mavs are not in a win-now mode?

Besides, Wes' value may be higher next season/draft day when salary cap goes up and more teams are able to make an offer for him.

Last edited by Thebo; 01-08-2017 at 06:25 PM.
Thebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:29 PM   #75
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Someone please tell me there is one desper... "contending team" out there who will still give us something for this dude. He's missing the next few games and has no timetable because he's hurt... again.

Makes Dwill look like Cal Ripken jr.

Source Edit-
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dall...-carlisle-says

Last edited by Bryan_Wilson; 01-14-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:05 PM   #76
Underdog

Quote:
Someone please tell me there is one desper... "contending team" out there who will still give us something for this dude. He's missing the next few games and has no timetable because he's hurt... again.

Source Edit-
He's not hurt, he's getting traded soon.

Old 01-14-2017, 11:17 PM   #77
tap2390

Quote:

Source Edit-
I would not be surprised one bit if he's exaggerating injuries.
Old 01-14-2017, 11:52 PM   #78
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
he's getting traded soon.
Until I see it...

Old 01-15-2017, 12:08 AM   #79
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

At this point, I'd be happy with a high (top 35-ish) 2nd rounder for Bogut, or some sort of highly-protected 1st that doesn't convey for a few years. I don't see how he has any value with his recent level of play combined with his frankness about his lack of a future with the organization. Might be at the point where we'd have to trade him for someone with a longer contract that doesn't appear to be living up to it.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 12:19 AM   #80
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

At this point Im not even sure we can get a second rounder for him.