Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 02-03-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT game 50 - #11 Mavs (19-30) at #8 Blazers (22-28) 9:30pm ESPN

Mavs come in red hot, having won 3 straight, 5 of 7, and 8 of 12.
Blazers are hot, too, winning 4 of 5 with their only loss a 2-pter against the Warriors.

Injuries
Bogut - trash - ??
Deron - toe - questionable
Barea - hamstring - ???

I guess we're trying to make the playoffs? If so, then beating the #8 team would really help the cause.

NOTE: Late ESPN game/nationally televised.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-03-2017 at 10:03 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-03-2017, 10:12 AM   #2
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Go team.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:58 AM   #3
MavzMan

MavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud ofMavzMan has much to be proud of

If the Mavs win this game, it pretty much signals the end of a really good draft pick. We will be seriously pushing for the 8th seed and a 13-15 first round pick. I'm back to thinking that this organization really doesn't have the stomach that it takes to get in the bottom 3 of the league. HB is almost good enough even in the first year of being the franchise guy to get us in the 8-12 range. With Dirk and a serviceable PG, this is a 8th seed playoff contention team. I love my Mavs, but so sad. So sad.

BUT ... if we are giving up any pretense of tanking, then at least I fully cheer the team on for a win. Lets Make The Mavs (partly) Great Again!
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:45 AM   #4
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The Mavs were never in the lottery pick race.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:54 AM   #5
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

In the end, it was always wishful thinking to think the Mavs would actually be in the running for a top 3 pick. Mavs will end with a 13-15 pick which is still something. Would be nice to flip some players for another pick, but Im not going to hold my breath
Old 02-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #6
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Make lottery great again

i want the L
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
tap2390

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

I'm trying to view Yogi Ferrel as our lottery pick.
Old 02-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #8
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Playoffsssssssssss
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
I'm trying to view Yogi Ferrel as our lottery pick.
My thoughts as well. I'm hoping he puts us a year ahead of the rebuilding process because it appears we won't be drafting one of the top PGs and we will probably be much better next season than this as Barnes and Curry begin to enter their prime. Drafting high next season isn't probably going to happen.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 03:08 PM   #10
FreshJive
Platinum Member

FreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant futureFreshJive has a brilliant future

I'm not getting too excited about Yogi yet. .286 from 3 and .351 from the floor.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:25 PM   #11
rimrocker
Platinum Member

rimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud ofrimrocker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
I'm not getting too excited about Yogi yet. .286 from 3 and .351 from the floor.
It's the energy he seems to have given the team that is most intriguing to me. That could all fizzle out.
We went through a similar phase last season with JJ, Anderson and Mejri looking like all-stars when Parsons, DWill and Zaza were out.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #12
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
He's a great energy boost to the team, but that can only be sustained for so long. Bottom line is he doesnt shoot well. So I agree, I dont treat him as lotteryish and it doesnt really put us in better shape for next year. For now, he's fun to watch and he's contributing to wins.
Old 02-03-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Stats concern me about Ferrell, but he's our leading +/- guy for the first three quarters this season. Considering he's played major minutes (37mpg in the three games he's been here vs. Jackson who only averaged 10.5), I think that's pretty impressive.

Right now there is massive reason to be skeptical (low stats, small sample size for +/-, tendency for rookies to have a honeymoon period that ends when other teams get tape), but I think there is also good reason to be optimistic: PGs are the tires of the team's car. We have a decent engine and transmission, but Deron was our bottleneck. Even bad racing tires are better than worn-out offroad tires that slow us down.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 02-03-2017 at 04:55 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 05:05 PM   #14
rimrocker
Platinum Member

I see Yogi more as JJ's eventual replacement than DWill's. Yogi brings the same type of spark and energy that JJ has brought. JJ will turn 33 in June so he only has a couple years left to be the spark plug and Yogi seems to be the heir apparent to JJ.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:23 PM   #15
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I see Yogi more as JJ's eventual replacement than DWill's. Yogi brings the same type of spark and energy that JJ has brought. JJ will turn 33 in June so he only has a couple years left to be the spark plug and Yogi seems to be the heir apparent to JJ.
That's how I see him too.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 02-03-2017, 09:36 PM   #16
yahyes
Diamond Member

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

Tonight Mavs need to keep Lillard pestered. Mavs guards can get this game going too if they setup Barnes and Dirk good.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 PM   #17
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

National tv game in Portland. Iron Man gonna go for 25+ with 6+ 3's made.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:07 PM   #18
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Greg Buckner has filled in really well for Ortegal. Props.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #19
yahyes
Diamond Member

yahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud ofyahyes has much to be proud of

This game should seriously be looked as a playoff game. Mavs can get an edge over the blazers with a win tonight.
yahyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:32 PM   #20
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Bryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant futureBryan_Wilson has a brilliant future

I don't know when it happened. But Rachel Nichols is one of the most annoying ppl at ESPN to me. Which is saying something considering they employ lebretard and stephen a shit.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #21
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Yogi is the real deal. You don't need a ton of evidence when you see confidence and talent go hand in hand.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-03-2017 at 10:46 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:45 PM   #22
BPo001
Golden Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Coming out hot tonight!
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #23
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

Ok seriously. Who is this team and where are the Mavericks?
Old 02-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #24
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to behold

Wow first time I am watching Yogi play. Very impressive with his play and confidence.

Mavs are HOTTT

Last edited by AO41; 02-03-2017 at 10:47 PM.
AO41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #25
Heezzi

Heezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the roughHeezzi is a jewel in the rough

LOL - MAX Mavericks.

Last edited by Heezzi; 02-03-2017 at 10:47 PM.
Heezzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:47 PM   #26
AO41
Golden Member

AO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to beholdAO41 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Yogi is the real deal. You don't need a ton of evidence when you see confidence and talent go hand in hand.
Yea he seems to have that IT...that we need in a PG. don't see that often with guys who haven't played in the league.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:50 PM   #27
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AO41 View Post
Wow first time I am watching Yogi play. Very impressive with his play and confidence.
Welcome!

Old 02-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #28
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Yogi is strong like Barea but has a longer wingspan. That enables better defense. Good things.

He has absolutely shut down Lillard so far. Wow.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 02-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 10:59 PM   #29
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Negative post incoming...

If the Mavs find a way to lose this game, it will be the beginning of the end of the battle for the 8 seed.

EDIT: This shooting is so good right now.

DOUBLE EDIT: I jinxed the shooting...right now would be a great time to get to the rim on drives.

Last edited by Melonhead; 02-03-2017 at 11:04 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:08 PM   #30
Melonhead
Diamond Member

YOOOOOOGIIIIIII
Old 02-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #31
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Sign Yogi long term. Now.

I'm convinced.
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #32
Melonhead
Diamond Member

my god doris burke preaching gospel about dirk right now

little nugget:

We didnt report and dirk didnt say anything pregame, but by halftime we reported dirk had a 102 fever. And if you remember, wade and lebron mocked dirk by coughing and no one on the mavs came to his defense. And I asked Kidd why no one spoke up for him. And Kidd said in the locker room dirk told the team "I GOT THIS" and then he went out and won the series.

Last edited by Melonhead; 02-03-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #33
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

No Portland we will not trade you Yogi for some scrub named Lillard stop calling us.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:22 PM   #34
jleefilled
Platinum Member

jleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant futurejleefilled has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
No Portland we will not trade you Yogi for some scrub named Lillard stop calling us.
lol
jleefilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 PM   #35
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
It does show how rare two way players are though these days. Lillard is a poor defender.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:31 PM   #36
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
It does show how rare two way players are though these days. Lillard is a poor defender.
Think he just expends a lot of energy on the offensive end. I think he's average
Old 02-03-2017, 11:33 PM   #37
Melonhead
Diamond Member

got damn yogi...and the refs are really trying to get blazers back in it
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #38
Melonhead
Diamond Member

YOGIIIIIII
Old 02-03-2017, 11:35 PM   #39
Bryan_Wilson
Platinum Member

There needs to be a new contract in Yogi's hands like yesterday.
Old 02-03-2017, 11:38 PM   #40
Melonhead
Diamond Member

We know there will be a buzzer beating 3 for the blazers here...