Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 1 25.00%
Mavs win by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs win by 1-9 3 75.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2020, 02:58 PM   #81
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
From the Athletic

"Porzingis has always had the reputation as being a scorer who can attack from anywhere on the floor and put the ball in the bucket but his passing game has seen an uptick this season. Before this year, his career-high was four assists and now he’s had three games with five assists, including two straight games now."
The 2 biggest things that I hoped to see from KP since early in the season was for him to get an opportunity to be more of an offensive facilitator. He's got good hands, his handles are very good considering he's 7'3", so I love the idea of him being somewhat of a Jokic with his passing for assists. The second thing that I've wanted to see him do more of is dribble drive with a eurostep right at the basket. He is doing that now at least once or twice a game, and his timing keeps getting better and better. I'm loving his improvement.

Last edited by turin; 02-22-2020 at 02:59 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2020, 03:01 PM   #82
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
KP has been one of my favorite players since he came into the league.

I like that that they are using him more in some of those same mid range post up areas that they used Dirk at for many years especially the high post ft area

I believe he has the ability to be a #1 option like a Anthony Davis or Jokic
I agree. I really like his hands and passing potential. He could end up being that 2nd facilitator everybody keeps asking for imo, and I think that would be better coming from him in the post instead of another guard, although I wouldn't complain about another facilitating guard, hopefully one with some size.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 03:55 PM   #83
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
The 2 biggest things that I hoped to see from KP since early in the season was for him to get an opportunity to be more of an offensive facilitator. He's got good hands, his handles are very good considering he's 7'3", so I love the idea of him being somewhat of a Jokic with his passing for assists. The second thing that I've wanted to see him do more of is dribble drive with a eurostep right at the basket. He is doing that now at least once or twice a game, and his timing keeps getting better and better. I'm loving his improvement.
I loved that pass to Luka for a layup. Through traffic and the pass was excellent
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:48 PM   #84
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFFL View Post
From the Athletic

"Porzingis has always had the reputation as being a scorer who can attack from anywhere on the floor and put the ball in the bucket but his passing game has seen an uptick this season. Before this year, his career-high was four assists and now he’s had three games with five assists, including two straight games now."
This is because of the way Dallas plays - the offensive culture. Exploit the open space, pass it around, find and make the right play. If you keep getting the ball in the right places, of course you'll start giving it to others in the right places. KP never really played like that before Dallas.

KP more and more looks like a guy who does everything, like he should be 6.7 or 6.8. A true unicorn. Looking at his numbers over the last few games, if this goes on (the trajectory is actually for even further improvement - he ain't fully back and adapted yet) aaaand he stays healthy, this could be huuuuge.

Last edited by LukaMagic; 02-22-2020 at 05:49 PM.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 06:17 PM   #85
LukaMagic

LukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to allLukaMagic is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
If Dirk got 33/10/8 in a game Id be posting that squirrel, but when Luka does it Im kinda meh about it... Dude is like clockwork, a near trip-dub feels routine.
yup, and not just a triple doube, but a 30 point triple double.
LukaMagic is offline   Reply With Quote