Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 40.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 3 60.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #41
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
Clips are the absolute worst matchup for us. We have no chance in that series. I want to face the Rockets. Would be hilarious if we beat them because The media has been fawning over them since they went small. Lol.
While Denver would be a tough matchup, they don't scare me that much it wouldn't surprise me if we could beat them or they beat us. I believe we could beat Utah or Houston or OKC. The L.A. teams are the beasts, I would like our chances against the Lakers over the Clippers even if it's a small chance.
LukaThaDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2020, 09:40 PM   #42
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Hell no to the Rockets...Harden sucks the joy out of Watching the games. Even the wins
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:42 PM   #43
LukaThaDon

LukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of lightLukaThaDon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Hell no to the Rockets...Harden sucks the joy out of Watching the games. Even the wins
Wait what you don't want to see us beat the Rockets? I would love it.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #44
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Curry is available to return.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:50 PM   #45
FreshJive
Diamond Member

FreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond reputeFreshJive has a reputation beyond repute

Welp. He’s out now.
Old 03-06-2020, 09:54 PM   #46
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Agree. I don't mind the matchup on paper, but I really would have to grind to watch it. Harden is so unlikable imo, and I can't stand his style of play and constant parade to the FT line. Ugly basketball.

Last edited by turin; 03-06-2020 at 09:55 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:02 PM   #47
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

A lot of work inside on offense. Love to see the mix of shots.

KP can be the reason Mavs make a run to end the season.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:03 PM   #48
LukaThaDon

Doesn't matter it's really unlikely we face the Rockets this playoffs at all.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #49
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukaThaDon View Post
Doesn't matter it's really unlikely we face the Rockets this playoffs at all.
That's why all those games we lost to scrub teams hurt now

It wasn't injuries that stopped us from getting a better playoff seed it was the 8 or 9 games we lost to the worst teams in the leagues

We still got a chance to move up but damn all those waisted games we had

Clippers will destroy us if we get them 1st round
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:07 PM   #50
GhostFace
Platinum Member

GhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant futureGhostFace has a brilliant future

KP looking so fresh

"What Dirk is doing is legendary stuff, this is a joke how good this man is" - JVG
GhostFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:10 PM   #51
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Wouldnt mind Luka being done for the night after this quarter tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:13 PM   #52
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post

It wasn't injuries that stopped us from getting a better playoff seed it was the 8 or 9 games we lost to the worst teams in the leagues

Luka missed 12 games, and Porzingis missed 15. Im sure it has nothing to do with it.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #53
LukaThaDon

Quote:

Well I would say it's both we're a very top heavy team, and Luka and KP our best two players have taken turns missing games. There's no doubt that will effect the standings. But yes we have lost to some scrub teams like the Knicks twice early, but I think that was not 100% KP playing. And I don't know which players missed against the other scrub teams but I doubt we were full strength because we rarely have been all season including tonight.

We don't have a roster full of depth like the Clippers where Kawhi or PG can miss and they still win. We have good depth but mostly role players.

Last edited by LukaThaDon; 03-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:17 PM   #54
Dallas41

Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all

Props to RC staying with a big starting frontline despite Memphis only having only one big

I'm loving the fact the mavs play with bigs all games.

Hope they stay the course the rest of the year and use KP, Kleber and WCS that is IMO a strong part of the team not a weakness
Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #55
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kleber off with that three lately. Or at least it seems like it even though he made three of them tonight.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 03-06-2020 at 10:18 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:18 PM   #56
turin
Diamond Member

turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future

Quote:
Props to RC staying with a big starting frontline despite Memphis only having only one big

Hope they stay the course the rest of the year and use KP, Kleber and WCS that is IMO a strong part of the team not a weakness
Agree. Same here. However, Maxi is only big in right now, so keep an eye out for a Memphis run here. I don't want to see RC wait until it gets trimmed to 17 or so before changing.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:20 PM   #57
turin
Diamond Member

Why no WCS with Maxi right now? Is he too tired?
Old 03-06-2020, 10:21 PM   #58
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

why is Luka still playing?
Old 03-06-2020, 10:22 PM   #59
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
why is Luka still playing?
I was wondering the same thing.

Edit: RC probably feels the need to play him with Seth out. If Seth were able to play, I think Luka would be sitting right now. JJB won't be able to play the entire 4th qtr, but DW hasn't looked that bad imo. Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by turin; 03-06-2020 at 10:24 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:24 PM   #60
Skywalker
Diamond Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Why no WCS with Maxi right now? Is he too tired?
Wondering the same tbh..

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #61
sefant77
Guru

Justin Jackson is terrible
Old 03-06-2020, 10:26 PM   #62
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post
Wondering the same tbh..
If so, then that kind of sucks. RC could potentially play WCS and Maxi, then with 2 bigs Luka could sit and Delon could take over PG play along with JJB down the stretch. I'd rather play a tired WCS at this point and slow the pace of the game down in order to rest Luka, but that's just me. It would be worth at least a few minutes look imo.

Last edited by turin; 03-06-2020 at 10:27 PM.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #63
turin
Diamond Member

If JJb is the PG, which I have no problem with, I'd like to see WCS in there with Maxi for some more size and rebounding in the middle.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:29 PM   #64
LukaThaDon

Justin Jackson is garbage even in garbage time.
Old 03-06-2020, 10:41 PM   #65
Stylistic
Golden Member

Stylistic is just really niceStylistic is just really niceStylistic is just really niceStylistic is just really niceStylistic is just really niceStylistic is just really nice

After what Memphis did to us last month, I thoroughly enjoyed that one.
Stylistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:42 PM   #66
turin
Diamond Member

Nice win. Another solid game where RC played bigger. Let's keep it going. Next!
Old 03-06-2020, 10:49 PM   #67
FollowedKPtodallas

FollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the roughFollowedKPtodallas is a jewel in the rough

Quote:

Klebers play defensively is the reason. The Pelicans game against was eye opening. Kleber played the same minutes as KP qnd Luka tonight and look how we did defensively? Let's be honest besides DFS and DW we are a turnstile on the perimeter defensively. Having 2 bigs who can move and protect the rim. It's been mentioned here before but some games there was just too much pressure on KP defensively. Having Kleber out there with KP makes us better.
FollowedKPtodallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:00 PM   #68
NeedlesKane
Platinum Member

NeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant futureNeedlesKane has a brilliant future

What happened tonight? We kicked butt without THJ, DFS, and Curry (2nd half)? WTF?!
Old 03-07-2020, 12:34 AM   #69
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowedKPtodallas View Post
Klebers play defensively is the reason. The Pelicans game against was eye opening. Kleber played the same minutes as KP qnd Luka tonight and look how we did defensively? Let's be honest besides DFS and DW we are a turnstile on the perimeter defensively. Having 2 bigs who can move and protect the rim. It's been mentioned here before but some games there was just too much pressure on KP defensively. Having Kleber out there with KP makes us better.
Spot on post
Old 03-07-2020, 12:58 AM   #70
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Kleber's minutes have gone way up the last three games. He certainly gets paid to play defense and is on a great contract to boot.
Old 03-07-2020, 01:55 AM   #71
FreshJive
Diamond Member

Maxi complements KP on offense better than Powell did, because Maxi can actually hit the three, the way that Powell was supposed to, and doesn't get in the way of KP's flexibility as a stretch five. He allows KP to other things on offense besides just stretching. On defense it's pretty obvious how stifling they can be together, especially with the way Maxi handled the strength of Zion the other night.
Old 03-07-2020, 06:12 AM   #72
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold

I really don't want to see us face the Clippers. Everybody else, including the Lakers, I am good. We simply have no wing depth to face the Clippers, and they would have kitchen sink to throw at Luka.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:18 AM   #73
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond reputeBPo001 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity View Post
I really don't want to see us face the Clippers. Everybody else, including the Lakers, I am good. We simply have no wing depth to face the Clippers, and they would have kitchen sink to throw at Luka.
Yeah, hard pass on the Clippers. They are going to win it all this year. Id prefer not to play the Lakers because I dont think we win that series, but Id rather play them than the Clippers.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 09:39 AM   #74
Dallas41

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshJive View Post
Maxi complements KP on offense better than Powell did, because Maxi can actually hit the three, the way that Powell was supposed to, and doesn't get in the way of KP's flexibility as a stretch five. He allows KP to other things on offense besides just stretching. On defense it's pretty obvious how stifling they can be together, especially with the way Maxi handled the strength of Zion the other night.
This is the exact reason why a few of us have expressed our frustrations regarding small ball

Everything you just posted we've been stating all year this team plays it's best defense when they play bigs in tandem

Kleber and KP defensively have been great all year together and it strengthens the mavs defense

We can't survive with just one big on the floor for long stretches of games because our wing defenders are amongst the worst in the league

That is why I've been highly critical of Carlisle because he's sacrificing defense for offense instead of just balancing out the rotations to help win more games.

Some of us don't care about the sexy #1 offense label because that will get them nowhere quick in the playoffs if they can't protect the rim or get defensive stops

D.Harper said it best last night that the mavs have been playing some stifling defense at the rim nothing has come easy for teams since they went big on the frontline these last few games.

Not a single person on here moving forward should be so quick to say we can't play bigs together because I've seen different combinations of bigs on the floor doing this stretch play vs both big and small lineups and survive.

KP has still been effective offensively all over the floor even when paired with another big for long stretches of games.

I personally view our ability to play big lineups as a strength not a weaknesses
Old 03-07-2020, 11:46 AM   #75
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
This is the exact reason why a few of us have expressed our frustrations regarding small ball

Everything you just posted we've been stating all year this team plays it's best defense when they play bigs in tandem

Kleber and KP defensively have been great all year together and it strengthens the mavs defense

We can't survive with just one big on the floor for long stretches of games because our wing defenders are amongst the worst in the league

That is why I've been highly critical of Carlisle because he's sacrificing defense for offense instead of just balancing out the rotations to help win more games.

Some of us don't care about the sexy #1 offense label because that will get them nowhere quick in the playoffs if they can't protect the rim or get defensive stops

D.Harper said it best last night that the mavs have been playing some stifling defense at the rim nothing has come easy for teams since they went big on the frontline these last few games.

Not a single person on here moving forward should be so quick to say we can't play bigs together because I've seen different combinations of bigs on the floor doing this stretch play vs both big and small lineups and survive.

KP has still been effective offensively all over the floor even when paired with another big for long stretches of games.

I personally view our ability to play big lineups as a strength not a weaknesses
This

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #76
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Dear lord KP was a monster

29pts, 11reb, 4ast, 4blocks, 3 steals

and most importantly +38
Old 03-07-2020, 12:52 PM   #77
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

And knock on wood, but for all the whining and negative energy on D-M.com, we're 7-3 in our last 10
Old 03-07-2020, 01:55 PM   #78
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
And knock on wood, but for all the whining and negative energy on D-M.com, we're 7-3 in our last 10
I prefer to focus on last 2. Had we played midget ball instead of 2 bigs in the paint, we might be 5-5 not 7-3.

Last edited by turin; 03-07-2020 at 01:55 PM.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:33 PM   #79
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I prefer to focus on last 2. Had we played midget ball instead of 2 bigs in the paint, we might be 5-5 not 7-3.

We're winning primarily because KP is playing like a top 10 player...

And with same ole schtick from you and Dallas14, you both seem to gloss over the fact that Lee and Jackson played very well this game. Wing play is just as important, probably more so, than big man play.
Old 03-07-2020, 02:41 PM   #80
turin
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We're winning primarily because KP is playing like a top 10 player...

And with same ole schtick from you and Dallas14, you both seem to gloss over the fact that Lee and Jackson played very well this game. Wing play is just as important, probably more so, than big man play.
Lol, sure wing play of Lee and Jackson more important than Maxi/KP combo playing together. Step away from the crack pipe please. SMH