Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

View Poll Results: What will the result of the game be?
Mavs win by 20+ 0 0%
Mavs win by 10-19 2 40.00%
Mavs win by 1-9 3 60.00%
Mavs lose by 1-9 0 0%
Mavs lose by 10-19 0 0%
Mavs lose by 20+ 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2020, 02:59 PM   #81
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 17,975
DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
Lol, sure wing play of Lee and Jackson more important than Maxi/KP combo playing together. Step away from the crack pipe please. SMH

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Well my first point was KP's play which is undoubtedly the different these days more than anything. Read or don't reply.

And actually, Lee and Jackson providing ANYTHING of value would be huge if we happen to play the Clippers. You never know where the injury bug will hit.
__________________
DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2020, 03:48 PM   #82
turin
Diamond Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,757
turin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant futureturin has a brilliant future
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well my first point was KP's play which is undoubtedly the different these days more than anything. Read or don't reply.

And actually, Lee and Jackson providing ANYTHING of value would be huge if we happen to play the Clippers. You never know where the injury bug will hit.
Well, you're the one who said the following after the last game:

"Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
WCS played 16 minutes and was...OK. Can people chill now? I hope he still gets playing time, but stop acting like he'll change the world."

How many times do you have to see a Mavs small ball lineup give up a 10 point differential in 2-3 minutes before recognizing that WCS playing "only" 16 minutes has a very big impact on the game, much bigger than changing a wing or two. Also, the very fact that WCS and another big are on the floor IMPROVES our wing effectiveness, because DFS and MKG are a heck of a lot more productive guarding their more natural 3 position rather than being undersized and trying to cover a 4 for an extended period of time. Yes Dallas41 and I have been clamoring about this for ages. You want to call it schtick? LOL, I call it common-sense, fundamental basketball when you play to your strengths - and the Mavs bigs are a strength when utilized properly - instead of trying to outsmart everybody by playing small due to the analytics and offensive rating, which doesn't count for much when you are trying to close out a game and can't get a stop or a critical rebound, especially when our guys are missing contested 3's after giving up layups on defense. If that's your idea of smart, fundamentally sound basketball, then give me schtick all day, every day. I prefer "W's" over style.

Last edited by turin; 03-07-2020 at 03:54 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:39 PM   #83
Dallas41
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 615
Dallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to allDallas41 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
We're winning primarily because KP is playing like a top 10 player...

And with same ole schtick from you and Dallas14, you both seem to gloss over the fact that Lee and Jackson played very well this game. Wing play is just as important, probably more so, than big man play.
Lol

Lonzo ball disagrees with that shit

Originally Posted by dirt_dobber View Post
Lonzo Ball on Mavericks defense blocking 13 shots: “They’re a big team, especially when they’ve got Porzingis back there. Kleber is strong and can jump; they have Cauley-Stein as well. They crowd the paint pretty well and help on drives a lot.”


No one gives a damn about Lee or Jackson's defense when they play our mavs...

In fact not a single top offensive wing player in the league is afraid of our wing players defensively

However once they venture into the paint as L.Ball stated you do become aware of the length and size waiting for you at the rim

So your argument that our bigs aren't as important is foolish and some of you guys will defend it just because you want to support the idea of small ball at all cost with rose colored glasses

Last edited by Dallas41; 03-07-2020 at 07:41 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 07:47 PM   #84
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope
 
EricaLubarsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 32,656
EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default

Stop attacking other posters and talk about the issues. I'm done with posters going after other posters.

Also, this is a Mavs forum for fans of the Mavs. Mavs won. Why am I policing posters taking snipes at each other and criticizing the Mavs? Dear lord, yall should be happy. We won. We're 7-3 over the last ten. We have injuries, but we're winning.

Enjoy the Mavs and share your thoughts or move on.
__________________

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 03-07-2020 at 07:49 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.