Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 04-04-2019, 07:11 PM   #641
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

We should definitely still be in develop youth mode. Doesn't mean you can't win.
Old 04-04-2019, 08:03 PM   #642
BPo001
Platinum Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
KP is one sidekick but who is the other?

I donít see us in win now just yet.
If we get lucky and sign KL, KD, KT or JB then yeah, I totally agree with you but we arenít there yet even with Vuc or Walker. We might make POs next year but we wonít be anywhere near Warriors level if they have every back.
While I agree I think the Warriors lose Cousins and KD this summer. KD has already said heís chasing money this offseason, and GS canít offer it without giving up KT or Draymond I believe. I think KD is gone for sure. He knows his rings donít mean shit.
BPo001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 09:28 PM   #643
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
KP is one sidekick but who is the other?

I donít see us in win now just yet.
If we get lucky and sign KL, KD, KT or JB then yeah, I totally agree with you but we arenít there yet even with Vuc or Walker. We might make POs next year but we wonít be anywhere near Warriors level if they have every back.
I disagree and understand and respect that view. Vucevic and Kemba are all-stars and I'm not sure you play the waiting game to see if Kawhi, KD, or Klay signs here. Just don't think they do. No thanks to Jimmy Butler, he's not in the same tier as the other 3.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 04:33 AM   #644
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I disagree and understand and respect that view. Vucevic and Kemba are all-stars and I'm not sure you play the waiting game to see if Kawhi, KD, or Klay signs here. Just don't think they do. No thanks to Jimmy Butler, he's not in the same tier as the other 3.
I agree with all you are saying.

I've been an advocate of signing Vuc (not so much Kemba) all along but if there is an opportunity to acquire someone (Brogdon?) close to his tier level that fits at a younger age the Mavs should go for it first imo. Especially if there is still an upside with that player.

KL, KD and KT are pipe dreams and I'm not a Butler fan at all but I do think he'd be a great fit with Luka and KP....just not with Rick and he is a bit too old.

But realistically we'll probably have to replace that 3rd option player every 3 or 4 years so as I've mentioned before I would not be unhappy at all if Vuc is the best player we sign in the off-season.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2019, 11:47 AM   #645
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
I agree with all you are saying.

I've been an advocate of signing Vuc (not so much Kemba) all along but if there is an opportunity to acquire someone (Brogdon?) close to his tier level that fits at a younger age the Mavs should go for it first imo. Especially if there is still an upside with that player.

KL, KD and KT are pipe dreams and I'm not a Butler fan at all but I do think he'd be a great fit with Luka and KP....just not with Rick and he is a bit too old.

But realistically we'll probably have to replace that 3rd option player every 3 or 4 years so as I've mentioned before I would not be unhappy at all if Vuc is the best player we sign in the off-season.
Brogdon would be really nice, just see the hurdles in prying him away from the Bucks. The whole RFA is a mess sometimes and could affect the ability to sign an UFA like Vucevic or Kemba.

I agree that Vucevic > Kemba when considering this teams needs. Kemba is an awesome player, but doesn't provide defense or rebounding that the Mavs need and the rise of Brunson has mitigated the Mavs need for a PG, especially one that can play with Doncic so well.

I keep falling back to Vucevic and think he'd be best fit for us this FA and even the next. Of course, the 2021 pipedream of Giannis exists, but then you'd be using up two years of KP/Doncic, the latter of which is of course on a rookie deal.

I've been an advocate of Vucevic and Beverley before. However, Brunson kind of negates Beverley IMO or at least drastically reduces that need/role. I'm now curious how they can bring in some solid role defenders at the 2 or 3 to help overall team defense. Maybe even a backup center who can provide some tough D and rebounding in addition to Vucevic, but that could cause some redundancy in our bigs, or a logjam should Powell opt-in.
Old 04-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #646
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Brogdon would be really nice, just see the hurdles in prying him away from the Bucks. The whole RFA is a mess sometimes and could affect the ability to sign an UFA like Vucevic or Kemba.
I think there's probably a 50/50 chance on Brogdon. Dude wants to make money and Bucks may not offer him a ton. Still, he's the core of the best team in the East. He's going to want to continue on even if they flame out in the first round (which I doubt). Because of the chances he stays, I'm not sure he's a good bet unless the rest are gone. I don't want to wager this whole OS on him just to have him return to Milwaukee.

Quote:
I agree that Vucevic > Kemba when considering this teams needs. Kemba is an awesome player, but doesn't provide defense or rebounding that the Mavs need and the rise of Brunson has mitigated the Mavs need for a PG, especially one that can play with Doncic so well.
I like Kemba a lot, but he's aging and I'm not sure he really pushes us to the next level. 6'1" and not a lot of defense. He plays hard and scores relatively well (although needs to improve 3pt shooting). He just takes a lot of looks away from Doncic.

The biggest thing we need to happen is to see Brunson develop. I already love how mature he is and how he can find ways to be effective when not handling the ball. Plus he makes good decisions. If Brunson can get his eFG% up and work on his defensive leadership and positioning, he should be really solid for us-- potentially even as a 30-35mpg starter.

Quote:
I keep falling back to Vucevic and think he'd be best fit for us this FA and even the next. Of course, the 2021 pipedream of Giannis exists, but then you'd be using up two years of KP/Doncic, the latter of which is of course on a rookie deal.
Yeah I like Vuj best, even though we already have KP. I like Doncic and Vuj together. I even like KP and Vuj together. Vuj can score, rebound, spread the floor, rebound, and even pass with the best of them. He's almost on par with Nurkic/Jokic in terms of passing and overall game. I could also see us playing a super-tall lineup at the end of games of Doncic/DFS/KP/Vuj. That team would be a beast on the boards and Doncic is capable of turning those rebounds into fast break points effectively.

Quote:
I've been an advocate of Vucevic and Beverley before. However, Brunson kind of negates Beverley IMO or at least drastically reduces that need/role. I'm now curious how they can bring in some solid role defenders at the 2 or 3 to help overall team defense. Maybe even a backup center who can provide some tough D and rebounding in addition to Vucevic, but that could cause some redundancy in our bigs, or a logjam should Powell opt-in.
I still like Beverly. Mostly to share the PG position with Brunson. Always good to have a bastard on the roster and Beverly certainly is one like Stevenson was. Also I think he could be had for 4-9mill. His three point shooting and defense would be really strong for us.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 04-05-2019 at 12:30 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 07:15 PM   #647
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Back to Dragic.

He is obvious opting in but in that case i could see a trade Dragic for Lee. The Heat are sitting on a 140m payroll next season with a bunch of horrible contracts. And looks like they are going to miss the playoffs. In the east.

So with trading Dragics 19m for Lees 13m, they could reduce their payroll with the target to move below the luxury tax line.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 10:14 AM   #648
trukop

trukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

The regular season is over. Now playoffs and then, draft lottery. I would like to know your opinion about this hipotetic case:

Imagine that Dallas would win the nļ1 of the draft. Obviusly, Zion is the target. But, now, imagine that your are Cuban and the Pelicans would phone you:
-Eih Mark, we're interested on Zion. We propose a trade: Anthony Davids FOR Zion + Hardaway + pick 1 2025

Do you agree?
trukop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 12:39 PM   #649
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

In general a No.

a Maybe with Davis signing the extension together with the trade call.

In general i prefer to keep Klutch Sports and with that any Klutch player away from the Mavs

Last edited by sefant77; 04-08-2019 at 12:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #650
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
In general a No.

In general i prefer to keep Klutch Sports and with that any Klutch player away from the Mavs
There's not a single person at Klutch that I'd take. I think they attract primadonnas.
Old 04-08-2019, 01:06 PM   #651
sefant77
Guru

Yeah....and Mr. Glas Anthony Davis also didnt show six years into his career that he is able to make his teammates better and lift the entire franchise.

He has his stats and thats it.
Old 04-08-2019, 04:44 PM   #652
Skywalker
Platinum Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

https://sixerswire.usatoday.com/2019...d-this-season/

If Vucevic puts on a good performance in the playoffs there will be a lot of competition for his services tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:50 PM   #653
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

If the Mavs are looking to add a veteran PG who can play defense and play off the ball on offense (and is cheap) why not Derrick Rose? Heís coming off a really good year where he made $2.3 mil. Heíll obviously be looking for a raise but $10 mil year seems reasonable (or am I wrong?).

They would then still have enough cap space to sign Julius Randle ($15-$17) who is really the type of big they need playing next to KP.

Again, keep in mind that this rebuild is a process. Itís going to take a couple of years and those two guys on contracts like that would allow the team to still make moves (both contract would be very tradable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:36 AM   #654
MarcosLevy

MarcosLevy is on a distinguished road

Lee would probably get stretched to free up cap space if Dragic wants to come he probably needs to op out and sign a new contract. I still have high hopes for Brogdon the FA I want the most because he's a perfect fit will Luka and while i think Vooch is great Centers are getting devalued each year more and more.
MarcosLevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 AM   #655
MarcosLevy

MarcosLevy is on a distinguished road

I agree but Dallas has an advantage having Luka and KP here and I also think Bill Duffy ( Luka's Agent ) is his agent too.
MarcosLevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 09:14 AM   #656
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcosLevy View Post
Lee would probably get stretched to free up cap space if Dragic wants to come he probably needs to op out and sign a new contract. I still have high hopes for Brogdon the FA I want the most because he's a perfect fit will Luka and while i think Vooch is great Centers are getting devalued each year more and more.
I agree, which is why Vucevic is a solid fit. It often gets forgotten that he hits 36.4% on 2.9 threes a game. He can stretch the floor and is a modern center in the definition.

I think the bigger issue is he's only getting richer...
Old 04-09-2019, 09:38 AM   #657
trukop

trukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the roughtrukop is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
In general a No.

I undestand your point of view about AD. He is made of glass, but he is a great fit for Luka (P&R and P&P) and Porz (def + reb).

Quote:
I agree, which is why Vucevic is a solid fit. It often gets forgotten that he hits 36.4% on 2.9 threes a game. He can stretch the floor and is a modern center in the definition.

Vucevic is sugar on attack...but with him + unicorn + luka on defense = "the Texas Chain Saw Massacre".

Anyway...I'm Spanish and Real Madrid fan. We always play to see who is the moron who score more. So, I love Vucevic's fit.

By the way. What do you think about Reggie Bullock? He is FA and cheap. He is a good defender. He is a three shot guy. He doens't need ball. However, he is pretty limited...out of catch and shoot he is nothing.

Last edited by trukop; 04-09-2019 at 09:49 AM.
trukop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #658
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

I dont really want Vuc. Hell be too expensive for a guy whose skills somewhat overlap with KP. Rather spread it around to a rebounder and then a decent outside shooter.
Old 04-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #659
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I love his outside shooting but it's been a loong time since we have had a Center that you can toss it to and spread out while he goes to work. He is an ambidextrous finisher at the rim and it's incredibly hard to defend him. If the Mavs stay true to Cubans previous comment about going after the best player(s) available and let Carlisle sort it out, then he will be pretty high up on the list.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 01:07 PM   #660
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
If the Mavs are looking to add a veteran PG who can play defense and play off the ball on offense (and is cheap) why not Derrick Rose? Heís coming off a really good year where he made $2.3 mil. Heíll obviously be looking for a raise but $10 mil year seems reasonable (or am I wrong?).

They would then still have enough cap space to sign Julius Randle ($15-$17) who is really the type of big they need playing next to KP.

Again, keep in mind that this rebuild is a process. Itís going to take a couple of years and those two guys on contracts like that would allow the team to still make moves (both contract would be very tradable).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
While I disagree with you on Julius Randle being what we need next to KP, I really like the idea of Derrick Rose.

Old 04-09-2019, 04:45 PM   #661
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
I love his outside shooting but it's been a loong time since we have had a Center that you can toss it to and spread out while he goes to work. He is an ambidextrous finisher at the rim and it's incredibly hard to defend him. If the Mavs stay true to Cubans previous comment about going after the best player(s) available and let Carlisle sort it out, then he will be pretty high up on the list.
I hope this is the case. BPA that wants to be here. We need talent.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:38 PM   #662
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I hope this is the case. BPA that wants to be here. We need talent.
Yea we need talent that wants to be here and not only because we will over pay them.. we have done that bit before but now we have 2 guys that should be attractive as hell.

Last edited by SMC0007; 04-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2019, 06:56 PM   #663
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukop View Post
I undestand your point of view about AD. He is made of glass, but he is a great fit for Luka (P&R and P&P) and Porz (def + reb).
Look at his petty ass shit he pulled tonight after trying to break his contract he signed...prefer to lose than to win with such an ass::

https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/sta...43753749315586
Old 04-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #664
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

I think it's finally hitting home that this may be Dirk's last home game. Man, I am so going to miss the Big German if this is his last season. I'm pretty sure my wife is going to shed a tear or two it that's the case. She better not make me cry! :-O
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:37 PM   #665
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Look at his petty ass shit he pulled tonight after trying to break his contract he signed...prefer to lose than to win with such an ass::

A grown man should be embarrassed from that kind of behavior. Just another exclamation point on the overall greatness of Dirk, not only as a player, but as a human being, in comparison.

Last edited by turin; 04-09-2019 at 08:37 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 08:41 PM   #666
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turin View Post
I think it's finally hitting home that this may be Dirk's last home game. Man, I am so going to miss the Big German if this is his last season. I'm pretty sure my wife is going to shed a tear or two it that's the case. She better not make me cry! :-O
Suuuure... your wife will be the one with the Dirk tears.

Old 04-10-2019, 12:13 AM   #667
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trukop View Post

Vucevic is sugar on attack...but with him + unicorn + luka on defense = "the Texas Chain Saw Massacre".

Anyway...I'm Spanish and Real Madrid fan. We always play to see who is the moron who score more. So, I love Vucevic's fit.

By the way. What do you think about Reggie Bullock? He is FA and cheap. He is a good defender. He is a three shot guy. He doens't need ball. However, he is pretty limited...out of catch and shoot he is nothing.
I like the Reggie Bullock idea. Think he'd fit in great.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:14 AM   #668
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I dont really want Vuc. Hell be too expensive for a guy whose skills somewhat overlap with KP. Rather spread it around to a rebounder and then a decent outside shooter.
Vucevic is a rebounder though, who can also shot it outside. Get him and then a defensive guard/wing, you fill some needs.
Old 04-10-2019, 12:39 PM   #669
particleman

particleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud ofparticleman has much to be proud of

Quote:

Yeah I agree on Davis, he's in the same group as Durant for me: might be a good fit from a talent standpoint, but I'd rather lose without him than win with him.
particleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 01:35 PM   #670
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
Vucevic is a rebounder though, who can also shot it outside. Get him and then a defensive guard/wing, you fill some needs.
I agree with that but the price tag of 20 million Im not on board with. Theres other rebounding options for less. I dont think you can get a defensive guard/wing and Vuc. I want some type of quick athleticism out there.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #671
Thomas86
Golden Member

Thomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to allThomas86 is a name known to all

What about Hassan Whiteside?...I heard he might opt-out his contract because he wanted more playing time, Hassan Whiteside and KP in the paint would be something special.
Thomas86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #672
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
What about Hassan Whiteside?...I heard he might opt-out his contract because he wanted more playing time, Hassan Whiteside and KP in the paint would be something special.
Would be Nerlens Part II. Stat chaser, goes for impossible blocks and gets out of position defensively. Flakey personality, effort waxes and wanes. Wants a larger offensive role than is probably warranted. If teams go small he has trouble defending the p'n'r.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM   #673
mac222b
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas86 View Post
I guess it would depend on how much he wants and for how long the contract too
Old 04-11-2019, 10:04 AM   #674
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Would be Nerlens Part II. Stat chaser, goes for impossible blocks and gets out of position defensively. Flakey personality, effort waxes and wanes. Wants a larger offensive role than is probably warranted. If teams go small he has trouble defending the p'n'r.
fantastic analysis of Whiteside and I totally agree.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #675
sefant77
Guru

Whiteside started to mail it in after his first fat contract. Im pretty sure he would start to mail it in again after his 2nd big contract.

The guy is also almost a year older than Vucevic. 30 next month.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-11-2019 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM   #676
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
People are too focused around starting-5 fit with Luka and KP. The league changed, ten years ago there were 20 guys playing around 40-42 minutes. Now everyone is doing load management etc and you have even stars down to 32min a game. Luka and KP are going to be such guys too (KP more than Luka).

Thats why its okay if the starting-5 fit is maybe not that perfect, but you can create a great rotation with three go to guys (= two are always on the court together).

Just Luka and KP and you have long stretches where one of them is alone on the court and you have to push roleplayers in bigger offensive roles than they are capable of playing and thats where a team starts to suck (we saw it the past years).

With Vuc or Kemba you create MUCH stronger rotations and guys like THJ, Kleber, Brunson etc can stay in their defined effective roleplayer situations.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-12-2019 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 04:39 PM   #677
MFFL
Guru

MFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond reputeMFFL has a reputation beyond repute

Seth Curry might be a guy to bring back. Another season of hitting 45% of his 3's
MFFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #678
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Tim Cato

@tim_cato
iím told this deal isnít official, but thatís the mutual goal

Kenny Bybee
@KennyBybee
Mark Cuban just told @BenandSkin that theyíll extend Dwight Powell for another three years.

https://twitter.com/tim_cato/status/1116496616951885824

Cuban just said Powell is getting extended.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:25 PM   #679
sefant77
Guru

Great, the tears are back....but the angry ones.

i hope they dont do something stupid like 12-14m over four years. Guess its 3/30 or something like that. Would prefer to throw that money at beverley. Also means the rumors that they arent high on Vuc are true and they wanna play KP/Powell/Kleber next season.

THJ 20
KP 17 (caphold)
Luka 8
Lee 13
Jackson 3.5
Brunson 1.5
Kleber 2 (caphold)
Powell around 10m

Would mean around 30m in cap. 7-10m less if we hit the lottery.Guess they are thinking they can always dump Lee with a FRP if Kawhi or Durant are calling....
Old 04-11-2019, 08:29 PM   #680
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Quote:
Great, the tears are back....but the angry ones.

i hope they dont do something stupid like 12-14m over four years. Guess its 3/30 or something like that. Would prefer to throw that money at beverley. Also means the rumors that they arent high on Vuc are true and they wanna play KP/Powell/Kleber next season.

THJ 20
KP 17 (caphold)
Luka 8
Lee 13
Jackson 3.5
Brunson 1.5
Kleber 2 (caphold)
Powell around 10m

Would mean around 30m in cap. 7-10m less if we hit the lottery.Guess they are thinking they can always dump Lee with a FRP if Kawhi or Durant are calling....
Well an extension implies that Powell just picks up his player option for next season and then we just add on 3 more years after that, hopefully at a similar number (maybe $10-12 million). So this shouldn't affect cap space this summer as his $10.2 million option is already accounted for in this summer's cap space.
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote