Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 05-06-2019, 11:29 AM   #961
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I like Dwight Powell. There. Ain't afraid of no safe spaces...
Dwight does work. I like a hard-worker who is happy to be here and finds success. As a PnR player, he had the highest eFG% on rolls in the league (1st) . His TS% and offensive efficiency was tied for second in the league. He also took his rebounding up a level, going from 50th in rebounding to 30th, which is borderline starter material and overall he was 9th in EWA (estimated wins added) among PFs.

That's a dude that has found ways to impact the game in positive ways.

His defense stinks and he still needs to work on his jumper, but no one else on the team is really all that much better. It's all about team defense these days anyway.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-06-2019 at 12:13 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2019, 11:42 AM   #962
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
It's all about team defense these days anyway.
I think this is true and it probably deserves its own thread.

The metrics for individual defense - even the +\- statistics - are mostly vague and unreliable. I'm sure each team monitors individual defense in some way, but individual defense is hard to measure with the typical set of stats. I don't think teams look at individual defense the way they used to when thinking about acquiring a player.

As long as you don't really suck on defense, it probably doesn't have significant impact on your overall profile.
JJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 01:35 PM   #963
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Dwight does work. I like a hard-worker who is happy to be here and finds success. As a PnR player, he had the highest eFG% on rolls in the league (1st) . His TS% and offensive efficiency was tied for second in the league. He also took his rebounding up a level, going from 50th in rebounding to 30th, which is borderline starter material and overall he was 9th in EWA (estimated wins added) among PFs.

That's a dude that has found ways to impact the game in positive ways.

His defense stinks and he still needs to work on his jumper, but no one else on the team is really all that much better. It's all about team defense these days anyway.
I thought he was tied with Rudy Gobert for 1st TS%, and leads the league in offensive rating.

I'm ok with his shooting but he needs to rebound better and obviously defend better.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:16 PM   #964
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...ife-131822149/

That pretty much seals the Powell extension. And of course Rick saying Luka's number one need is to get into better shape is good to hear.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:48 PM   #965
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
https://247sports.com/nba/mavericks/...ife-131822149/

That pretty much seals the Powell extension. And of course Rick saying Luka's number one need is to get into better shape is good to hear.
Well, Luka could learn a lot from Powell and Maxis workouts. It's good to see even more confirmation that Powell is all in, I just hope we don't go overboard with his salary.

Last edited by SMC0007; 05-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.
Old 05-06-2019, 02:49 PM   #966
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah but imagine we keep our pick and Kembas agent tells us he is going to sign here and he should have the cap space ready at 12:01am.

Then we need to dump Lee desperately because we allready opt in/extended Dwight...
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:08 PM   #967
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

https://twitter.com/patbev21/status/...184224262?s=21

Looks like Patrick Beverly might be trying to get his way to Dallas. Middleton and Beverly would be a pretty good haul for the Mavs this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 05:20 PM   #968
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 05-06-2019 at 05:32 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:10 PM   #969
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
They said Luka started following him earlier, and that was Bevís response. Bev is doing twitter questions during the game tonight using #NBATwitterLive. Blow it up with Mavs questions!
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:50 AM   #970
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
They said Luka started following him earlier, and that was Bevís response. Bev is doing twitter questions during the game tonight using #NBATwitterLive. Blow it up with Mavs questions!
Were there any Mavs questions?

Old 05-07-2019, 09:30 AM   #971
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Were there any Mavs questions?
I must have missed it. I only saw part of halftime, but there was no Q&A with him.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:15 AM   #972
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I think its just a backup option after striking out on the bigger fish.

I just saw Donnies exit interview. Asked about the FA he told they wanna "add more firepower" and later told they wanna try and sign the BPA...

So yeah, that screams for someone like Kemba.
Old 05-07-2019, 12:08 PM   #973
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

I prefer Beverly over Kemba, as I think he's a better fit with Luka (at least conceptually). I'd love for us to add Beverly and a guy like Danny Green. A couple of talented two-way guys that can guard multiple positions and hit open shots. That should be the #1 priority, assuming the likes of KD and Klay Thompson aren't coming.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #974
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I prefer Beverly over Kemba, as I think he's a better fit with Luka (at least conceptually). I'd love for us to add Beverly and a guy like Danny Green. A couple of talented two-way guys that can guard multiple positions and hit open shots. That should be the #1 priority, assuming the likes of KD and Klay Thompson aren't coming.
I think in your scenario Kemba and Danny Green would work quite a bit better. Kemba would be able to carry the load as well as Luka could offensively and it would be damn near impossible to match up against them especially in the 4th quarter. He would provide a massive difference over Bev offensively when buckets are typically harder to get. Having two defensive minded guards in Beverley and Green on the floor may slow opposing teams down but I'd prefer the entire floor full of threats. Kemba/Luka/Green/KP > Bev/Luka/Green/KP

Old 05-07-2019, 03:03 PM   #975
NeedlesKane
Golden Member

NeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud ofNeedlesKane has much to be proud of

I can hardly wait to see how this next super team shapes out! I know Doncic and Porzingis will already be a dynamic duo. When others join them it'll be sick!
Old 05-07-2019, 08:39 PM   #976
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
They said Luka started following him earlier, and that was Bevís response.
Yep...

And then this happened a little later...

Old 05-07-2019, 09:45 PM   #977
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

I think this whole "who will play better with Doncic" talk needs to end. That guy can play with anyone. I'm not settling for Pat Beverly if Kemba wants to join me. Sorry.

This myth came from because he can't play with Dennis Smith. He's just not playing well with ANYONE right now. He's still a young player learning his game. Kemba is a veteran. DSJ not working out with Doncic shouldn't have any reflection on what a Kemba walker would do with him.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 09:52 PM   #978
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I think this whole "who will play better with Doncic" talk needs to end. That guy can play with anyone. I'm not settling for Pat Beverly if Kemba wants to join me. Sorry.

This myth came from because he can't play with Dennis Smith. He's just not playing well with ANYONE right now. He's still a young player learning his game. Kemba is a veteran. DSJ not working out with Doncic shouldn't have any reflection on what a Kemba walker would do with him.
I think the idea is you can have Pat Bev and another tier 2 player like Willie Cauley Stein, or just Kemba.
Old 05-07-2019, 10:09 PM   #979
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

If we aren't going after Vuc, then I'm really warming up to Kanter as a cheaper option. Really playing well for Portland. Kanter/Bev/Green would be a nice plan C trio.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:06 PM   #980
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

If the options are Walker OR Beverly + another mid tier free agent I think I take the latter every time. Between Luka, KP, and THJ we have our iso scorers. We need to emphasize defense and rebounding to alleviate pressure on Luka and KP and add balance to our team. Basically, we need our PJ Tucker. Pat Bev + Dewayne Dedmon or Khris Middleton all day.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:03 AM   #981
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

When looking at the off-season from a pure needs perspective, I see the following:

1. 3-D Wing
2. Rebounding/Defense in the Frontcourt
3. Third option scorer

Hopefully we can address at least two of those with one FA signing or in the draft.

Question is, who or what combination of players fill those needs?

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-08-2019 at 04:04 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 06:04 AM   #982
JJP

JJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of lightJJP is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
When looking at the off-season from a pure needs perspective, I see the following:

1. 3-D Wing
2. Rebounding/Defense in the Frontcourt
3. Third option scorer

Hopefully we can address at least two of those with one FA signing or in the draft.

Question is, who or what combination of players fill those needs?
I had a similar post recently with pretty much the same topics. I've had to reevaluate that since the rumor that we are after Kemba Walker seems to be sticking. He really doesn't fit in those categories. Donnie Nelson recently said he's looking for players with real "firepower" so I'm going to take him at his word on this.

The other thing that bothered me a little when I broke these down in categories is that they become oversimplified. For instance, I had Danny Green as my 3-D wing. Classic 3-D. However, if you've watched any of Danny Green in the playoffs, you quickly realize he can't create his own shot. He can't even drive to the basket. He sits far out on the wing. He's good for 10 points a game. That's hardly what I consider "firepower".

Having said the above, Danny Green would have value to our team. But the question is, are we rating players the right way? Are we rating players the way the Mavs front office is rating them? Would the front office see Danny Green as a high priority free agent for this team?

I think the question of who we target is probably less complicated, and so I've changed my mind on the subject. I think first, you're looking for a scorer who can play with Luca. Preferably that person has a 3-point shot in the mid-30s. That's the heavily weighted primary target. Almost every rumor (Vucevic, Walker, and Middleton) has that quality regardless of position.

I suspect the Mavs have decided not to overthink this thing. So I'll just stick to "firepower" and leave it at that. Find the guy with the most firepower.
Old 05-08-2019, 08:07 AM   #983
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJP View Post
I had a similar post recently with pretty much the same topics. I've had to reevaluate that since the rumor that we are after Kemba Walker seems to be sticking. He really doesn't fit in those categories. Donnie Nelson recently said he's looking for players with real "firepower" so I'm going to take him at his word on this.

The other thing that bothered me a little when I broke these down in categories is that they become oversimplified. For instance, I had Danny Green as my 3-D wing. Classic 3-D. However, if you've watched any of Danny Green in the playoffs, you quickly realize he can't create his own shot. He can't even drive to the basket. He sits far out on the wing. He's good for 10 points a game. That's hardly what I consider "firepower".

Having said the above, Danny Green would have value to our team. But the question is, are we rating players the right way? Are we rating players the way the Mavs front office is rating them? Would the front office see Danny Green as a high priority free agent for this team?

I think the question of who we target is probably less complicated, and so I've changed my mind on the subject. I think first, you're looking for a scorer who can play with Luca. Preferably that person has a 3-point shot in the mid-30s. That's the heavily weighted primary target. Almost every rumor (Vucevic, Walker, and Middleton) has that quality regardless of position.

I suspect the Mavs have decided not to overthink this thing. So I'll just stick to "firepower" and leave it at that. Find the guy with the most firepower.
Yeah, I see Green as a DeShawn Stevenson type without the attitude.
I think the FO is looking for more of an impact player like a Fin or JET.
Kemba is probably the most realistic and suitable option outside of a trade to address that "firepower" need.

Last edited by rimrocker; 05-08-2019 at 08:13 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:39 AM   #984
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
If the options are Walker OR Beverly + another mid tier free agent I think I take the latter every time. Between Luka, KP, and THJ we have our iso scorers. We need to emphasize defense and rebounding to alleviate pressure on Luka and KP and add balance to our team. Basically, we need our PJ Tucker. Pat Bev + Dewayne Dedmon or Khris Middleton all day.
Even with stretching Lee, I dont see how this is possible

Old 05-08-2019, 11:45 AM   #985
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
I think the idea is you can have Pat Bev and another tier 2 player like Willie Cauley Stein, or just Kemba.
Give me Kemba. Willie Cauley Stein........I mean he and Beverly are nice plan B's but I don't see the point of him when you have Porzigins. He's not anymore of a 5 than he is.
Old 05-08-2019, 11:47 AM   #986
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
Kris Middleton is about to make BANK. He's not going to be paid as much as Kemba. You sign Middleton that's pretty much all your money there. THere's guys like PJ Tucker out here every offseason. A bunch of them.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:05 PM   #987
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
Kris Middleton is about to make BANK. He's not going to be paid as much as Kemba. You sign Middleton that's pretty much all your money there. THere's guys like PJ Tucker out here every offseason. A bunch of them.
My guess would be between 23-28mil for Middleton. His numbers are comparable to Barnes with a slight uptick in pts and assists. I'm not sure he would produce more here but he seems to be the efficient player that is still trending up with a wide range of skills. Who could be upset with Kemba or Middleton? With either of those guys, you could probably fill in around them easier with vets like PJ Tuckers who want to compete on a winner.

Old 05-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #988
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
My guess would be between 23-28mil for Middleton. His numbers are comparable to Barnes with a slight uptick in pts and assists. I'm not sure he would produce more here but he seems to be the efficient player that is still trending up with a wide range of skills. Who could be upset with Kemba or Middleton? With either of those guys, you could probably fill in around them easier with vets like PJ Tuckers who want to compete on a winner.
Middleton scares me. Because I wonder in this offense how much better is he than Harrison Barnes? Not the Barnes we grew to know but the one prior to getting here? He scares more so than Kemba not fitting in.
Old 05-08-2019, 03:56 PM   #989
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Middleton scares me. Because I wonder in this offense how much better is he than Harrison Barnes? Not the Barnes we grew to know but the one prior to getting here? He scares more so than Kemba not fitting in.
He defends which is huge. Barnes was always terrible at that.

But yeah, offensively, he's not been stellar and could be even more mediocre here.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:10 PM   #990
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
He defends which is huge. Barnes was always terrible at that.

But yeah, offensively, he's not been stellar and could be even more mediocre here.
Yeah what I really want is kind of like how when Steph leaves the game or when Harden leaves the game we still have someone of their caliber out there to run the offense like how Warriors get that with Draymon and KD and how the Rockets get it with Chris Paul. That's why I like Kemba over most of these guys.
Old 05-08-2019, 04:12 PM   #991
SMC0007
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't have any concerns that Kemba and Luka wouldn't work. Kemba is lightyears better than dsj and we got rid of that problem. Moving dsj was because of his inability to produce and his mouth/attitude. Idk if the MBT has concerns of Middleton being similar to Barnes but it's a fair concern given how his contract will impact us.

I'm hoping that Jackson will be able to earn a bigger role. Imo, we are due for another guy to pan out in development that ends up saving some money to pursue other positions. It would be a big burden lifted to have him become a better Josh Howard type here. It's a stretch to expect it by mid next season but it could prove 3 smaller moves to be the right one if he keeps trending.

Old 05-08-2019, 04:15 PM   #992
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't have any concerns that Kemba and Luka wouldn't work. Kemba is lightyears better than dsj and we got rid of that problem. Moving dsj was because of his inability to produce and his mouth/attitude. Idk if the MBT has concerns of Middleton being similar to Barnes but it's a fair concern given how his contract will impact us.

I'm hoping that Jackson will be able to earn a bigger role. Imo, we are due for another guy to pan out in development that ends up saving some money to pursue other positions. It would be a big burden lifted to have him become a better Josh Howard type here. It's a stretch to expect it by mid next season but it could prove 3 smaller moves to be the right one if he keeps trending.
Yeah Justin Jackson panning out would be great for us. He's solid now but I think he has a higher ceiling than what he's shown.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:05 PM   #993
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

Quote:

Fun fact: Mavs were 16-16 with Smith in the lineup this season. That is far from the trash pile people keep making him out to be. But since Kemba is that much better, then I suppose we'd be in pretty good shape.
Old 05-08-2019, 06:15 PM   #994
JJP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Fun fact: Mavs were 16-16 with Smith in the lineup this season. That is far from the trash pile people keep making him out to be. But since Kemba is that much better, then I suppose we'd be in pretty good shape.
Well to be fair, when we had Smith, we also had Matthews and DaJ - two other decent starters that had all practiced together for a couple of months. I'm not sure the won-loss record at the time we had Smith is indicative of Smith's impact.

Smith simply was not a great decision maker when playing alongside Luca. He was uneven.

I think it's going to be easier for a true veteran - any veteran really.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:47 PM   #995
hayth.james.g
Golden Member

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Seeing how well The Bucks are playing without Brogdon leads me to think he will be expendable in FA. Give me Brogdon with wide open 3s all day.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:43 PM   #996
BPo001
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
Seeing how well The Bucks are playing without Brogdon leads me to think he will be expendable in FA. Give me Brogdon with wide open 3s all day.
I think Brogdon is the odd man out. They still have Divincinzo that they drafted with a high pick that can fill in a wing position for them
Old 05-08-2019, 09:59 PM   #997
sefant77
Guru

No, they are paying him and the other starters and build a dynasty. Best way to skyrock the entire franchise value and revenue...
Old 05-08-2019, 10:34 PM   #998
sefant77
Guru

Irving scored 102 points on 104 shots against the Bucks...daaamn
Old 05-08-2019, 10:49 PM   #999
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Irving scored 102 points on 104 shots against the Bucks...daaamn

Kyrie is taking a lot of heat (and rightfully so), but in his defense the Celtics as a whole just didnít click and play well. Tatum, Rozier, Smart, and Hayward all also played extremely poorly. Kyrie still had a fantastic season and was damn near close to the elite 50/40/90 club (shoutout Dirk). His bigger issue is his immaturity and lack of leadership. I hope he gets the max from the Nets as many are anticipating so we could potentially steal a 23 year old DíAngelo Russell to add to our youth movement. (Díangelo over Kemba bc Díangelo is younger by 6 years and has a smaller max).
Old 05-09-2019, 05:58 AM   #1000
JJP

Quote:
I think Brogdon is the odd man out. They still have Divincinzo that they drafted with a high pick that can fill in a wing position for them
Why isn't Nikolai Mirotic the odd man out? I don't know the answer to this question, I'm just asking.

Isn't he a pretty good fit in Dallas? He's got the same agent as Luca, he can get you 8-9 rebounds a game, he's active on the floor, has a good 3-point percentage, and is a good passer. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

I get wanting Brogdan - he's got a great upside. But with Milwaukee, I really don't know what's going to happen. It's the team with most choices to make.

Tags
win now