Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 04-10-2019, 04:08 AM   #1
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute
Default GDT Game 82 - Mavs (33-48) @ Spurs (47-34) 7:00pm FSSW

Old 04-10-2019, 05:36 AM   #2
dirt_dobber
Platinum Member

dirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant futuredirt_dobber has a brilliant future

I think it's fitting that the Spurs are Dirks' final foe. Pop likes Dirk and I'm sure they'll
do something special for Dirk as well.
dirt_dobber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 11:22 AM   #3
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

The end of an era approaches. :-( What an amazing ride. Thank you Dirk!
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:03 PM   #4
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone else having a rough day? This is hitting me harder than I thought it would. I think I was in denial this season.
Old 04-10-2019, 03:13 PM   #5
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
Anyone else having a rough day? This is hitting me harder than I thought it would. I think I was in denial this season.
Yes. Outside of just being up late from the game and having to get back to work early this morning itís been tough. Sadly, I had to attend a funeral for a friend of mine from college before the game, so of course that wasnít easy. I keep thinking about last night. The atmosphere. The tribute videos. All the time Iíve spent watching Dirk over the years. The ups. The downs. Reading articles from all the people he has influenced in his own special way. Iím sitting at work getting teary eyed just thinking about all the good times Iíve spent with a man Iíve never met. Iím 35 years old and sports are less important now than when I was younger because I simply donít have as much time to devote to them. Iíll never love an athlete as much as Iíve loved Dirk. The ďUncle DirkĒ video last night was a real tear jerker. I still get choked up thinking about it. I think we all knew it was the end, but didnít want to accept it. Iím glad he went out in his terms. Tough day indeed.
BPo001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 03:32 PM   #6
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully there is one more night of something special in store tonight!

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #7
BPo001
Diamond Member

BPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant futureBPo001 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
Hopefully there is one more night of something special in store tonight!
Pop and the Spurs will certainly send the big fella off right. Pop certainly appreciates and respects Dirk and everything he has done for the game. Will be flipping between the Mavs and the Stars game tonight.
Old 04-10-2019, 04:09 PM   #8
BPo001
Diamond Member

Chuck Cooperstein: Mavs list Maxi Kleber as out for tonight in SA. Luka Doncic not on the list so expected to give it ago. a triple double tonight would tie Jason Kidd’s franchise record of 9. And Dirk will play. How much remains to be seen. 2 hours ago – via Twitter coopmavs
Old 04-10-2019, 05:05 PM   #9
mavErika
Golden Member

mavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant futuremavErika has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Yes. Outside of just being up late from the game and having to get back to work early this morning itís been tough. Sadly, I had to attend a funeral for a friend of mine from college before the game, so of course that wasnít easy. I keep thinking about last night. The atmosphere. The tribute videos. All the time Iíve spent watching Dirk over the years. The ups. The downs. Reading articles from all the people he has influenced in his own special way. Iím sitting at work getting teary eyed just thinking about all the good times Iíve spent with a man Iíve never met. Iím 35 years old and sports are less important now than when I was younger because I simply donít have as much time to devote to them. Iíll never love an athlete as much as Iíve loved Dirk. The ďUncle DirkĒ video last night was a real tear jerker. I still get choked up thinking about it. I think we all knew it was the end, but didnít want to accept it. Iím glad he went out in his terms. Tough day indeed.
Well said, and same here. Especially the bolded part is true for so many of us, I have to imagine.

I was fortunate enough to be able to take a vacation day on relatively short notice, which helped, or I wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all (given that I watched the game and festivities from Germany). Couldn't take two in a row, though, so tomorrow will be even harder for me.
mavErika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:29 PM   #10
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

At the AT&T Center, looks like a Mavs home game... More Dirk jerseys than Spurs jerseys.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-10-2019 at 05:34 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 05:37 PM   #11
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

http://abload.de/image.php?img=bilds...015-14esrl.png
Old 04-10-2019, 05:42 PM   #12
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

I am all about #TeamTank but it would be delicious if we could knock the Spurs to the 8th seed. LMAO
gmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:05 PM   #13
Underdog

Old 04-10-2019, 06:22 PM   #14
Underdog

Old 04-10-2019, 06:25 PM   #15
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluid.forty.one View Post
The plus is that it has erased any caring about tanking. When you realize you have Luka and KP, then why be greedy? Dirk retiring would be a lot worse if we didn't have those guys to look forward to.

In fact, the way Luka force fed Dirk last night is a crystal ball to how it will be with KP. Light from the dark.

Last edited by DevinHarriswillstart; 04-10-2019 at 06:26 PM.
DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:43 PM   #16
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
The plus is that it has erased any caring about tanking. When you realize you have Luka and KP, then why be greedy? Dirk retiring would be a lot worse if we didn't have those guys to look forward to.

In fact, the way Luka force fed Dirk last night is a crystal ball to how it will be with KP. Light from the dark.
Luka's demeanor last night made everything so much better. His joy was a joy to watch.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:53 PM   #17
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

There is really good chances that he is pulling a mini-Dirk, he strikes me as such a guy. Also because he saw the entire year how the franchise and the fans pay back loyality.

Today i was kind of bummed out that i never went overseas to see Dirk live. Before 2011 it was a financial issue not being able to blow a few thousand euro for such a trip and after it it was always in my mind but the team kind of started to suck, me and my wife wasnt big into "lets make holidays in the USA" etc and we just never started to talk or plan such a trip. But i think next season with Dirk returning and Luka, KP etc we would have went...well, now its too late.

Last edited by sefant77; 04-10-2019 at 06:54 PM.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 06:56 PM   #18
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

any link with our guys?
Old 04-10-2019, 06:57 PM   #19
gmb

gmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nicegmb is just really nice

http://ripple.is/nba/9509-mavericks-spurs-us
Old 04-10-2019, 07:02 PM   #20
sefant77
Guru

danke schŲn
Old 04-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #21
sefant77
Guru

damnit onions
Old 04-10-2019, 07:09 PM   #22
gmb

Thank you Spurs
Old 04-10-2019, 07:10 PM   #23
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Welp tears again seeing Dirk cry.

No Luka tonight btw
Old 04-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #24
thewizard

thewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to allthewizard is a name known to all

Watching Dirk cry
thewizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #25
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
Welp tears again seeing Dirk cry.
Same.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:11 PM   #26
Underdog

Dirk cried, I cried... Spurs fans were fucking awesome with that intro.

Dirk & Pop embracing near halfcourt slayed me.

Last edited by Underdog; 04-10-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:21 PM   #27
gmb

Sad sad day y'all. But wonderful at the same time.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:22 PM   #28
turin
Platinum Member

turin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud ofturin has much to be proud of

Props to SA for the intro for Dirk. Very Classy. If a home game wasn't possible, SA is the perfect game to wrap up end of last season of Dirk's career. Mav v Spurs during Dirk's career included the best playoff battles I've ever seen, regardless of teams playing.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:34 PM   #29
gmb

Give the ball to Dirk!
Old 04-10-2019, 07:42 PM   #30
BPo001
Diamond Member

That wasn’t a kick ball? And they gave them the timeout?
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 PM   #31
gmb

God this game is boring just like the Spurs
Old 04-10-2019, 07:50 PM   #32
BPo001
Diamond Member

So. Many. Fouls.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:00 PM   #33
turin
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb View Post
I'm glad I'm not the only one. I was feeling bad there for a moment thinking about how boring this game is.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:02 PM   #34
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Dirk rough shooting 2/8
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #35
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmb View Post
thats why it sucks that his last game is not at home....would have been so much better to play first in SA and then at home agsinst the Suns

Last edited by sefant77; 04-10-2019 at 08:06 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:04 PM   #36
BPo001
Diamond Member

Can they stop doubling Dirk and just let him fire away? You’re up by 20...
Old 04-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #37
Skywalker
Platinum Member

Skywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond reputeSkywalker has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPo001 View Post
Can they stop doubling Dirk and just let him fire away? Youíre up by 20...
I bet that's pops little way of showing respect tbh

Quote:
Dirk Nowitzki is a monster of epic and unattainable proportion. Seriously, he must be stopped.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 08:14 PM   #38
gmb

Obviously Mavs are not interested in winning. TeamTank in full effect.

Would like to see Dirk finish the game on a high note but I think his legs are exhausted. LOL
Old 04-10-2019, 08:18 PM   #39
turin
Platinum Member

It's a little sad that this game has to be played. It really wasn't ever possible for this game to measure up to the game last night.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:25 PM   #40
GermanDunk
Diamond Member

GermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond reputeGermanDunk has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all !