Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > General Mavs Discussion

Old 01-05-2018, 05:57 PM   #281
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see any team in the Top-6 trading down...that would be stupid
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2018, 06:32 PM   #282
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I think Miles has an Iguodala-like ceiling -- a guy who can be an excellent role player, maybe get an All-Star nod or two in his career... But I don't see a possible franchise-changing player like Ayton, Porter, or Bagley in him.

Not that he'd be a bad pick, but when you have a core of DSJ/Barnes/Bridges, you're essentially banking on being able to lure an alpha like Boogie or some other top-shelf NBA talent in free agency... Otherwise you're stuck with a team full of quality role players and no star -- which is good for regular playoff appearances, but it won't get you over the hump.

Maybe Dennis can be that star, but you don't see a whole lot of PG-led teams making the Finals... Steph is the exception, not the rule. If Dennis is our 1A, then I see similar results as Westbrook... I'd rather see him in more of a 1B role like Chris Paul (not that CP3's playoff success supports my claim, but I feel like that's been more about his teammates than him).
I was reading and thinking why not DSJ, then got to the 3rd paragraph haha

I agree. Even Steph had really good role players to elevate them to that first championship. DSJ needs another big time piece. Barnes is a nice start to the role player type but how long will it take to get there? Barnes might not be the same come time to compete.

Bridges projects to be a little better than Barnes, but again, I agree that his ceiling isn't that of the three you mentioned. I just can't buy into the doom and gloom yet of not being top 5. I totally get the argument, I just see potential is some of the guys outside of it.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 07:18 PM   #283
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
I dont see any team in the Top-6 trading down...that would be stupid
And yet... the Kings are one of those teams currently and the stupid is very strong with them.
Bryan_Wilson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 06:00 AM   #284
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Only stupid Thing The Kings would do is to draft Doncic even at #1. Divac is going to take Doncic for sure

Last edited by sefant77; 01-07-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:03 AM   #285
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Kings beat Nugs...

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 06:09 PM   #286
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Was going to post this in the DSJ thread, but this one seemed more appropriate...

Dennis Smith Jr. Its not exactly my team yet
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2018/1...ly-my-team-yet
Quote:
Still, theres something holding him back. Dennis Smith Jr. has only really played basketball one way. Hes a point guard: he handles the ball, he drives, he shoots, he scores, he passes, and he does all of those things really well.

But his comments about playing off the ball are telling. He laments not playing more with Wesley Matthews, and when hes paired with J.J. Barea he says, Im off the ball. Its more difficult for me to find Wes when Im off the ball.

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Old 01-07-2018, 08:28 PM   #287
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Was going to post this in the DSJ thread, but this one seemed more appropriate...

Dennis Smith Jr. Its not exactly my team yet
https://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2018/1...ly-my-team-yet
Hopefully Barea is gone by the deadline.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:46 PM   #288
sefant77
Guru

Halftime

15 games below 0.500

Old 01-17-2018, 10:36 AM   #289
sefant77
Guru

One team we arent going to outtank for sure: https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ounger-Players

Last edited by sefant77; 01-17-2018 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:14 AM   #290
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
One time we arent going to outtank for sure: https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ounger-Players
That team just went to bad, to very bad. You're right. They are going to be tough to out-lose.
Old 01-17-2018, 12:03 PM   #291
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
One team we arent going to outtank for sure: https://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ounger-Players
I see ATL, SAC and Orlando as virtual locks to out-tank us. Or just plain suck more, rather. So its a race for the 4th-10th spots. I still say if we are top 7 we're good: Ayton, Bagley, Bamba, Porter, Doncic, Trae, Jaren Jackson. All could be impact players. Below 7th its guys who could be starters but probably not stars(both Bridges, Carter, Williams, Knox) guys who replicate DSJ(Sexton, Duvall) and projects(Mitchell Robinson, Lonnie Walker, Troy Brown).

If we can land 4 we can still be in a position to choose our favourite among Bamba, Porter and Doncic, if Ayton, Bagley, Trae go 1,2,3. Top 3 is unlikely but 4 puts us in a great spot.
mac222b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:35 PM   #292
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

How I see the draft tiers:

Tier One

DeAndre Ayton
Marvin Bagley
Luka Doncic

Tier Two

Michael Porter Jr.
Trae Young
Mohamed Bamba
(Mikal Bridges)

If we're not drafting one of those six (seven) shoot me.

Last edited by tap2390; 01-17-2018 at 05:56 PM.
tap2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #293
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
How I see the draft tiers:

Tier One

DeAndre Ayton
Marvin Bagley
Luka Doncic

Tier Two

Michael Porter Jr.
Trae Young
Mohamed Bamba

If we're not drafting one of those six shoot me.
Must tank harder... Must tank harder.

Old 01-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #294
saclare
Golden Member

I simply do not see Robert Williams as a top 10 guy. I'm mystified why he constantly gets mocked that high. I just don't see it. May get the chance to see him in person later this month and maybe he changes my mind.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:25 PM   #295
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I simply do not see Robert Williams as a top 10 guy. I'm mystified why he constantly gets mocked that high. I just don't see it. May get the chance to see him in person later this month and maybe he changes my mind.
He'd actually be #13 on my list -- I didn't include Young or Sexton because we don't need a PG, nor did I include Knox because he's basically a Barnes clone... And I don't think we end up picking any worse than we did last year, so Williams isn't really in consideration. Just needed a name to round out a top-10.

Really, I think our list ends with Jackson, Carter and the Bridges, at worst.

Last edited by Underdog; 01-17-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 01-17-2018, 02:48 PM   #296
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
He'd actually be #13 on my list -- I didn't include Young or Sexton because we don't need a PG, nor did I include Knox because he's basically a Barnes clone... And I don't think we end up picking any worse than we did last year, so Williams isn't really in consideration. Just needed a name to round out a top-10.

Really, I think our list ends with Jackson, Carter and the Bridges, at worst.
Agreed. My statement was more general and not in response to any list I've seen here. If we end up with this shitty season and Robert Williams as the prize, I won't be a happy camper. Dunno if I wanna be shot like Tap, but I'll be disappointed.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:26 PM   #297
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This so much. And he won't change your mind.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:27 PM   #298
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Robert Williams is this year's Bam Adebayo. Centers with some talent will always be taken higher than they should.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:40 PM   #299
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

I think Ive already mentioned it, but in the event we're drafting 10ish, we should look at UNLV's center Brandon Mccoy. He has the base and the athleticism. Not great at recover defense, but 1 on 1 defense is solid for a freshman. Or if we pick up a later 1st round pick somehow

Last edited by Melonhead; 01-17-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Melonhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:58 PM   #300
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud oftap2390 has much to be proud of

What if I told you there was a wing in this draft who was 6'6'' with a wingspan of 7'0'' and widely considered the best perimeter defender in the draft? What if I told you he's averaging: 17.5 pts/ 6.1 boards/ 2.2 dimes on 50/43/83 shooting splits? What if I told you he plays for the best team in the nation?

https://youtu.be/Pmukx6YJoHs?t=2m12s
Old 01-17-2018, 06:21 PM   #301
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

My biggest issue with Mikal Bridges is he is a Junior. When I watch him all I am thinking is... ok is he better than McCoy, Knox, Jackson Jr etc? If so not by a lot in some cases, and he has 2-2.5years on all of them. I just am very wary of upperclassmen in today's college basketball.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:49 PM   #302
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Robert Williams is this year's Bam Adebayo. Centers with some talent will always be taken higher than they should.
Bam is a good comp. They matched up decently well last season. But I also believe Bam doesn't sniff top 10 in this class either. As far as big men, they may be very similar in style of play.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:51 PM   #303
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonhead View Post
I think Ive already mentioned it, but in the event we're drafting 10ish, we should look at UNLV's center Brandon Mccoy. He has the base and the athleticism. Not great at recover defense, but 1 on 1 defense is solid for a freshman. Or if we pick up a later 1st round pick somehow
I've kept his name in mind since you mentioned it, along with Mitchell Robinson. At this point though, no way you take him lottery. He's regressed since a strong start, so until he shows up again, he won't be climbing draft boards, size be damned.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #304
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
What if I told you there was a wing in this draft who was 6'6'' with a wingspan of 7'0'' and widely considered the best perimeter defender in the draft? What if I told you he's averaging: 17.5 pts/ 6.1 boards/ 2.2 dimes on 50/43/83 shooting splits? What if I told you he plays for the best team in the nation?

https://youtu.be/Pmukx6YJoHs?t=2m12s
What if I told you he traveled in the linked drive/slam?

I like Bridges, both of them to be fair, and would welcome either to the squad. I have warmed up to wanting Mikal > Miles. Though I think the Miles will be around a long time.

Like Bryan said, upperclassmen are riskier. But in this case, Mikal has made a really good jump from a solid sophomore season. I think he will excel at the 2 guard spot in the NBA.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:38 PM   #305
tap2390
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
My biggest issue with Mikal Bridges is he is a Junior. When I watch him all I am thinking is... ok is he better than McCoy, Knox, Jackson Jr etc? If so not by a lot in some cases, and he has 2-2.5years on all of them. I just am very wary of upperclassmen in today's college basketball.

I agree with your point that a player with a higher upside should be selected over a guy with lower upside if their skill level is similar, but I disagree that Mikal Bridges has a limited upside by virtue of staying in school two years longer than others.

I think he compares favorably to three guys who left school after two/ three years: Donovan Mitchell, Klay Thompson, and Kawhi Leonard. Like them he has an elite frame that will easily translate to the defensive side of the ball. Like them he added more and more tools to his game in the college offseason especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Basically, I believe hes a late bloomer with elite potential.
Old 01-17-2018, 09:39 PM   #306
tap2390
Golden Member

Quote:
What if I told you he traveled in the linked drive/slam?

Id say hes NBA-ready
Old 01-17-2018, 09:41 PM   #307
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Id say hes NBA-ready
Unless hes on the Mavs, hell get away with it 9 out of 10 times
Old 01-17-2018, 10:10 PM   #308
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

I'd still take Mikal for sure at a certain point, just not sure how many I'd have ahead of him right now. Guys like Simba and Justin Jackson have scared me away from juniors and seniors when the talent level is close. If I have Mikal just a hair ahead of someone 2years younger i'm taking the younger one more than likely. So for me Mikal is more towards 12-14 than 8-10 as i sit here right now. The example I'd use right now is that I like Mikal more than Knox, especially since I remember reading Knox was a good shooter but looking at his numbers his 3 is not there. But Knox is 3 whole years younger, and Mikal his freshman year didn't shoot the 3 well either. They both have comparative wingspans although one is more of a 3 and small 4 and the other is a pure wing. So in 3 years will Knox be worse than Mikal is now? Really hard for me to think he would be if they are mocked so close to together right now. The only thing that swings it back for me is that Mikal fits what we need right now from a position standpoint more than Knox, but idk how picky we can be when we are so devoid of talent.... and round and round I go.
Old 01-17-2018, 11:53 PM   #309
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Do the Mavs play any more?
Old 01-18-2018, 02:43 AM   #310
Me.B

Me.B is a jewel in the roughMe.B is a jewel in the roughMe.B is a jewel in the roughMe.B is a jewel in the roughMe.B is a jewel in the rough

What do you guys think of Michael Porter Jr? If the Mavs end up with the 5th pick thats about where Porter is expect to go.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:31 AM   #311
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
What do you guys think of Michael Porter Jr? If the Mavs end up with the 5th pick thats about where Porter is expect to go.
He was my #1 pick in the draft before the injury.

Old 01-18-2018, 09:14 AM   #312
GermanStandard

GermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to beholdGermanStandard is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Generational Talent. If his Back Injury which scares a lot of Teams right now is cleared 100% he will go #1 Overall at worst #2.

This guy is the safest lock for Franchise Player in this Class.

-------------------------------------------------

Baller from the G'
GermanStandard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #313
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

I read that is was an old in jury. And that it was a L2-L3 microdidcecstomy(sic)which is a rarer type and sometimes needs fusion. This is all off the top of my head and I dont pretend to know anything. Sounds concerning though. Basically herniated discs? Anyone have examples of athletes who came back from something this young. Obviously Steve Nash comes to mind, though he was much older.
mac222b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:18 AM   #314
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I read that is was an old in jury. And that it was a L2-L3 microdidcecstomy(sic)which is a rarer type and sometimes needs fusion. This is all off the top of my head and I dont pretend to know anything. Sounds concerning though. Basically herniated discs? Anyone have examples of athletes who came back from something this young. Obviously Steve Nash comes to mind, though he was much older.
L3-L4, same surgeon and similar procedure as Tony Romo (L4-L5), who actually recovered just fine (it was a fracture to his L1 a couple years later that derailed his career)... Sounds like Porter Jr. injured his spine 2 years earlier and re-injred it when he landed flat on his back at the beginning of the season, but it wasn't something that lingered and he just played through -- it was more of a coincidence than a chronic ailment. He was fine leading up to the re-injury, and it sounds like he should be fine once he's fully recovered... But of course, only time will tell.

Old 01-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #315
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
I've kept his name in mind since you mentioned it, along with Mitchell Robinson. At this point though, no way you take him lottery. He's regressed since a strong start, so until he shows up again, he won't be climbing draft boards, size be damned.
True, that team is been on the downslope. He's a last resort i.e. picking mid late first and if MBT want a competent center.
Old 01-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #316
Luke

Luke is infamous around these parts

Quote:
L3-L4, same surgeon and similar procedure as Tony Romo (L4-L5), who actually recovered just fine (it was a fracture to his L1 a couple years later that derailed his career)... Sounds like Porter Jr. injured his spine 2 years earlier and re-injred it when he landed flat on his back at the beginning of the season, but it wasn't something that lingered and he just played through -- it was more of a coincidence than a chronic ailment. He was fine leading up to the re-injury, and it sounds like he should be fine once he's fully recovered... But of course, only time will tell.
I've heard that it's a degenerative type situation and that it's a matter of when and not if that this catches up to him.. Might not impact him during his playing days but still seemed to be a major issue.
Luke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:52 PM   #317
Underdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I've heard that it's a degenerative type situation and that it's a matter of when and not if that this catches up to him.. Might not impact him during his playing days but still seemed to be a major issue.
You wouldn't happen to have any links for that info, would you? I've been searching, would love to find a source for these opinions, learn a bit more about what's going on with Porter.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:21 AM   #318
Underdog

Dennis Smith Jr. Says Johnathan Motley “Could Be Phenomenal”
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2018/01/...be-phenomenal/

Quote:
“I think he could be phenomenal in the league. He is a five man that can knock down the jump shot and score down low. He has a high I.Q. and super athletic. I think he can be a really good player in the NBA,” Smith Jr. said.

Old 01-25-2018, 11:23 AM   #319
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

Quote:
Dennis Smith Jr. Says water “Could be really wet”
https://thesmokingcuban.com/2018/01/...be-phenomenal/
Smart kid

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 01-25-2018 at 11:27 AM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:20 PM   #320
saclare
Golden Member

DSJ mentions Motley as a "five man" - is Motley's defense good enough to be a hybrid 4/5, or perhaps a starting 5?