Dallas-Mavs.com Forums

Go Back   Dallas-Mavs.com Forums > Mavs / NBA > Around the NBA

Old 04-06-2007, 10:12 AM   #1
DavidDaMonkey
Golden Member

DavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond reputeDavidDaMonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wade Likely to Return Next Week as Sixth Man

From ESPN.com:

Quote:
Dwyane Wade will "probably" be the sixth man for the Miami Heat when he returns from his left shoulder injury, coach Pat Riley said Thursday, according to the Miami Herald.

Wade, who dislocated his shoulder and tore his labrum on Feb. 21, opted for rehab instead of surgery and is traveling with the team for the first time since being hurt. He practiced with the Heat for the fourth straight day on Thursday and is expected to resume playing next week.

Wade coming off the bench at first is "a good possibility to see how he's doing," Riley said Thursday, according to the Herald. "The starting thing doesn't shock the team, but it creates a bit of urgency with them. He could start. He could come off the bench. We'll just see how he feels."

Wade said he's not expecting to start when he finally returns.

"I don't want to do that anyway," Wade said Thursday, according to the Herald. "Me and [Riley] have an understanding my first game or so with how many minutes I'll play. It won't matter if I come off the bench or not."

"I just want to get into a flow a little bit so I can hit my stride when we get into the playoffs," he said.

Good. I want him back and playing so they can't use that as an excuse when they don't make it out of the first round.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #2
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

I want Wade in the Finals again. This time, I wanna go on a 4 game winning streak to kick off the series.

Last edited by u2sarajevo; 04-06-2007 at 05:09 PM.
WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:33 AM   #3
WraithXx
Diamond Member

WraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant futureWraithXx has a brilliant future

UP 2 - 0 AND THE REFS GIVE THEM THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE DID WE LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU WADE!!!!!!

WraithXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

With the way the Heat have been playing lately without him, I wonder how this will affect their chemistry? I expect them to make it out of the first round for sure.

They beat Cleveland last night, and the Wizards are done for now with their unfortunate injuries. The Pistons have to be a little concerned.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:16 PM   #5
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
With the way the Heat have been playing lately without him, I wonder how this will affect their chemistry? I expect them to make it out of the first round for sure.

They beat Cleveland last night, and the Wizards are done for now with their unfortunate injuries. The Pistons have to be a little concerned.
I guess concern is relative. F'ing Eastern Conference.
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco

I agree. In fact, I expect Miami will win the East... with or without Wade.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:35 PM   #7
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Pistons will win the east.

I wish Toronto would though.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 PM   #8
irontoad
Golden Member

irontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to allirontoad is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WraithXx
UP 2 - 0 AND THE REFS GIVE THEM THE SERIES!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW THE DID WE LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I HATE YOU WADE!!!!!!
I'm with you, man, it enrages me still to think about all that happened...

irontoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Usually Lurkin
Diamond Member

Usually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond reputeUsually Lurkin has a reputation beyond repute

D-Waaaahh's heroic return will be too tempting for Stern and the refs. They'll win the East, and unless Dallas does a better job this year than last, they'll win another championship.
Usually Lurkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:57 PM   #10
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe the Bulls will wake up and play to their potential.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:32 PM   #11
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usually Lurkin
D-Waaaahh's heroic return will be too tempting for Stern and the refs. They'll win the East, and unless Dallas does a better job this year than last, they'll win another championship.
I just hope the west finals don't kill the winner. The east, who ever wins it, will have an easier road, compared to their west counter parts.
left texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:31 PM   #12
TripleDipping
Diamond Member

TripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud ofTripleDipping has much to be proud of

Absolutely hate saying this but... Miami will be pretty scary come playoff time. Shaq seems to be rounding into shape (no pun intended), Eddie Jones is a reliable roleplayer and with Wade the foul magnet returning, they can win the East very easily.

F the Heat though. The can all suck it.
TripleDipping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:52 PM   #13
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

yeah their road to the finals would be a cake walk for the mavs..its such.

f wade too, he can suck deeeeezzz nutz

MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #14
thurst0509

thurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of lightthurst0509 is a glorious beacon of light

I am officially rooting for the Heat from now on, since I would love to see the Mavs get another crack at them in the Finals. If that happens, I hereby promise to bring "Where's Your Wheelchair" signs to every game.
thurst0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 04:02 PM   #15
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Let's not go overboard. Miami is overrated. The Wade-less Heat went on a nine-game win streak, which is impressive, but other than that they've been mediocre.

Come on, guys! We're freakin' Mavericks fans! We completely own them when it comes to win streaks. Twelve, thirteen, eight, seventeen, nine! People forget about the eight, which proves my point.

They haven't done nearly as much as you think. And they're in the easy conference.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM   #16
left texas
Golden Member

left texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond reputeleft texas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkadirkastan
Let's not go overboard. Miami is overrated. The Wade-less Heat went on a nine-game win streak, which is impressive, but other than that they've been mediocre.

Come on, guys! We're freakin' Mavericks fans! We completely own them when it comes to win streaks. Twelve, thirteen, eight, seventeen, nine! People forget about the eight, which proves my point.

They haven't done nearly as much as you think. And they're in the easy conference.
Oh how quickly we forget.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:18 PM   #17
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by left texas
Oh how quickly we forget.
If you're talking about the "people", I'm talking about the general NBA, not Mavs fans. Everybody remembers 12, 13, 17 and are impressed, but there's been even more.

Anyway F the Heat. Super duper overrated. Let's not get caught in the whirlwind.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:24 PM   #18
left texas
Golden Member

Quote:
If you're talking about the "people", I'm talking about the general NBA, not Mavs fans. Everybody remembers 12, 13, 17 and are impressed, but there's been even more.

Anyway F the Heat. Super duper overrated. Let's not get caught in the whirlwind.
Most Mav Fans, at least at this forum can remember these streaks, but it still seems that even around here, there are too "the sky is falling" when we lose (which is almost never) or don't win the margin they felt we should have. I would love for the Mavs to get their hands on the Heat again, but alas will it probablly be the Pistons.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:31 PM   #19
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I believe the Heat have the potential to be a better playoff team this year than they were when they won (were given?) the whole enchilada last season. The main reason is that they have a deeper bench. They are basically the same championship team, but they have added Eddie Jones - and Jason Kapono has found a niche. This gives them 10 players to use (assuming Wade is healthy) which I believe puts them head and shoulders above everyone else in the East. I still believe the Mavs are by far the better team, but I do not believe there is anyone in the East that can match up with Shaq, especiallly because he is playing pretty good basketball right now. With a healthy Diane Wade they will be a challenge for anyone... without Diane the may still be the beast of the East.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:11 PM   #20
u2sarajevo
moderately impressed

u2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond reputeu2sarajevo has a reputation beyond repute

Can you guys do me a favor and when a poster decides to break the community standards by floating F bombs... please don't quote him. That would make my life so much easier.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:18 PM   #21
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

Drama Queen is back again: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
Quote:
Wade back on Heat's active roster
By TIM REYNOLDS, AP Sports Writer
April 8, 2007

MIAMI (AP) -- Dwyane Wade's comeback from a dislocated left shoulder is nearly complete.

The Miami Heat guard was on the team's active roster Sunday against Charlotte, marking his first time in uniform since he suffered the injury Feb. 21 in Houston. He was inactive for 23 games, but has been rehabbing for about a month and returned to practice with the team last week.

Wade was not in Miami's starting lineup, but was available to play off the bench. Dorell Wright was inactive, making room for the reigning NBA finals MVP on the active 12-man roster.

The Heat did not have a shootaround practice Sunday morning, but held a walkthrough session about 2 1/2 hours before tip-off against the Bobcats. Wade participated in that and, shortly afterward, the team decided to place him on the active list for Sunday.

Wade was not available for comment before the game, and Heat coach Pat Riley said in his pregame availability that Wade would be a "game-time" decision.

"When he comes back, he's going to be a player," Riley said Sunday.

A week ago, Wade said that he hoped to play in "a game or two" with the defending NBA champions before the playoffs open on the weekend of April 21, but later suggested that he would like to play in more games -- provided his shoulder responded well to practices and contact.

Without Wade, the Heat rallied from a team on the playoff bubble to one in control of the Southeast Division race; they entered Sunday three games ahead of reeling Washington for the division title. Miami was 16-7 since Wade got hurt, including a nine-game winning streak.

Updated on Sunday, Apr 8, 2007 5:37 pm EDT

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, its like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:35 PM   #22
Texas_SportsFan1

Texas_SportsFan1 will become famous soon enough

I don't think he will be the same all the way through the playoffs. Of course that won't really matter if the refs are on his side again.

Talk Rangers Baseball Here
Texas_SportsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:39 PM   #23
Stranger
Golden Member

Stranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to allStranger is a name known to all

Texas Sports Fan, that signature is hilarious!
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:50 PM   #24
Texas_SportsFan1

Texas_SportsFan1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
Texas Sports Fan, that signature is hilarious!
It's always good for a laugh.

Talk Rangers Baseball Here
Texas_SportsFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:57 PM   #25
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

7 minutes, Wade's got a point, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:01 PM   #26
FINtastic
Diamond Member

FINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond reputeFINtastic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by StackAttack
7 minutes, Wade's got a point, 3 assists, and 3 turnovers.
And at least 10 free throws already, right?

"Ok, Go Mavericks!"
-Avery Johnson
FINtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 06:09 PM   #27
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

And a wheelchair & helicopter on hand in case he breaks a nail...

Its the Dirk Nowitzki effect on their offense. As a defense, you absolutely overreact to every situation hes
in -- or even that hes not in -- and then you lose all sight of your team defensive rules." --Erik Spoelstra
Underdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #28
StackAttack
Platinum Member

StackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud ofStackAttack has much to be proud of

Just 3-6 from the free throw line. Shoulder must not feel quite right yet.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:36 PM   #29
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold

Wade again got sent to the line with 2.4 sec with a chance to win it for the Heat. Crazy how no one but him gets free throws in the end. And he still missed one, so he is a choker right.
endrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 07:49 PM   #30
endrity
Platinum Member

endrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to beholdendrity is a splendid one to behold

Dwhistle is 5-10 from FT line, and yes he has more FT than anyone in the game, even though he is playing less minutes
Old 04-08-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
endrity
Platinum Member

6-12 now from the diva
Old 04-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #32
endrity
Platinum Member

hermann baby
Old 04-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #33
endrity
Platinum Member

mms://a163.l3072829414.c30728.g.lm.akamaistream.net/D/163/30728/v0001/reflector:29414?auth=caEatcbbSbcd1dOb3baaLcaaqc4bQ c6bib3-bggy5K-eS-FpzDHxp&aifp=0002&upos=1
Old 04-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #34
endrity
Platinum Member

oh my god, hermann has made quite a quick adjustment to the NBA
Old 04-08-2007, 07:59 PM   #35
endrity
Platinum Member

bobcats win, walter hermann takes over in overtime
Old 04-09-2007, 07:59 AM   #36
Steve13

Steve13 will become famous soon enoughSteve13 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by endrity
Wade again got sent to the line with 2.4 sec with a chance to win it for the Heat. Crazy how no one but him gets free throws in the end. And he still missed one, so he is a choker right.
Ironic hey. It may of been a foul but you don't call those with a few secs left. Not when you didn't call It when the same kind of play happened to Wallace a few plays before.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:25 AM   #37
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve13
Ironic hey. It may of been a foul but you don't call those with a few secs left. Not when you didn't call It when the same kind of play happened to Wallace a few plays before.
They called a pussy touch foul on the Cats, and then let Wallace get mugged on the other end as time expires. Typical.
Old 04-09-2007, 09:29 AM   #38
EricaLubarsky
Resident misanthrope

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

The amazing thing is that Wade is now front runner for 6th man of the year.
Old 04-09-2007, 01:06 PM   #39
Dr.Zoidberg
Diamond Member

Dr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant futureDr.Zoidberg has a brilliant future

From Sun-Sentinel: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/b...la-sports-heat
Quote:
Wade comes away unscathed from hits

By Ira Winderman
South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Posted April 9 2007

MIAMI Dwyane Wade took his bumps and left without any additional bruises.

In his first game back since dislocating his left shoulder Feb. 21 in Houston, Wade took a mostly aggressive stance in Sunday's 111-103 overtime loss to the Charlotte Bobcats.

"No pain tonight and hopefully no pain at all," the Heat guard said after playing 27 minutes off the bench. "I took a couple of hits and my shoulder is feeling good."

Wade played with a single-sleeved undergarment to keep the shoulder warm, but no additional padding.

"I'm not going to shy away from contact," he said. "That's my game. I kind of like contact."

Yet when he did get Charlotte point guard Jeff McInnis in the air on one play, he made sure he absorbed the foul with his right shoulder.

"I'm not going to do anything stupid. I wouldn't have shot-faked like that on my left side," he said. "I knew it was my strong side, my right side."

Wade runs the risk of the shoulder again popping out of place, with season-ending surgery the only guarantee of avoiding such a mishap. Instead, he is convinced that special exercises are sufficiently tightening the shoulder.

The first player to test Wade was Bobcats backup center Jake Voskuhl, who bumped the Heat guard to the court as Wade attempted a third-period pass.

"Getting that first hit by Jake, going to the hole, it felt good," he said. "It's like, `OK, that's out of the way.'"

Although he struggled from the line, making only half his attempts, his 12 free throws were the most by any player in the game.

He said he hopes the remaining five regular-season opponents are as aggressive as the Bobcats were Sunday.

He said he wants opponents, "to go right at me and to see if I can do what I normally do. That's what I need, especially now. I need teams to come at me because that's what's going to happen in the playoffs."

Teammate Eddie Jones, who made a similar decision to delay shoulder surgery in 2001 and return for the Heat's postseason, said Wade appeared beyond any mental hurdle.

"He doesn't even look like he's worried about his shoulder," Jones said.

Wade said, if anything, his approach to ease back into play early in the game led to his six-turnover night. Eventually, his sole target was the rim, not matter the potential pounding on the shoulder.

"He's one of the most courageous players in the league," coach Pat Riley said. "He's a fearless player. He's done everything he can do to test his shoulder."

Riley said he does not see the need for Shaquille O'Neal or Alonzo Mourning to stand as any sort of deterrence against intentional shots at Wade's shoulder, which never became an issue Sunday.

"If something like that were to occur," Riley said, "you leave it in the hands of the officials. The league doesn't allow that stuff, they don't. They take care of it.

"I think he's well aware there's a possibility of hard, physical plays when he goes to the basket."
Im sure the refs will arrange for Wade to spend enough time at the free throw line, getting him back his rhythm. The shoulder injury will definitely not hamper him from perform his acting.

"Talk to the claw."

"They're getting 15, 16 assists some games. I dream about getting 15 assists. It's just not possible with the team I'm on." - Devin Harris about top-notch point guards and him playing with the Mavs

"For me, its like a kid in a candy store." - Jason Kidd on playing with the Mavs
Dr.Zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 06:00 PM   #40
left texas
Golden Member

Wade Returns as sixth man to the Heat. He becomes the first player awarded a four shot foul. Referees determined that two Cavalier players impeded Wade's attempt to the basket by putting their breasts in his way.