Dallas-Mavs.com Forums
Old 02-09-2019, 12:02 PM   #241
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
Can't they offer an additional year and more money, though, with rights? I'm only saying that since he's clearly the best big they have. But like I said and you said, not necessarily on the same timeline as their other young pieces.
They can.

But they have since may 2017 a new GM Hammond. Hammond drafted Isaac and Bamba. Thats why they were rumours that the Magic wanna trade Gordon, even with his friendly contract. Because Hammond wanna make place for his draft pick Isaac. Handing out Vuc a huge new contract would also raise the question why he drafted Bamba in the first place.

So i guess he let Vuc walk. And i also think Vuc wanna walk, the Magic are still in the middle of a rebuild (Fultz, Isaac, Bamba, Gordon....). He may wanna join a playoff team /potential future contender at the age of 29. He is in Orlandofor seven years and they always missed the playoffs

Last edited by sefant77; 02-09-2019 at 12:03 PM.
sefant77 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM   #242
endtroducing MASKED

endtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to allendtroducing MASKED is a name known to all

What do people think about Bobby Portis?
endtroducing MASKED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 12:11 PM   #243
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by endtroducing MASKED View Post
What do people think about Bobby Portis?
He is an inmature idiot, no thanks
Old 02-09-2019, 01:19 PM   #244
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Love Bobby P, always make known my bias as an Arkansas fan. Never have seen him mentioned as an immature idiot, not sure where that would stem from? I know he's had some things to say about his trading away but I think way less than DSJ or others.

He's a big 4 who is long, can defend, rebound, and knock down the three. He's also shown some improved post work he didn't necessarily have at Arkansas. Can't say I've seen a lot of Bulls games, but the guy can play. May be redundant here as a fit with KP and would rather lean a rebounding 5. Portis is going to be too expensive for Mavs' plans, I think.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 01:20 PM   #245
saclare
Golden Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
They can.

But they have since may 2017 a new GM Hammond. Hammond drafted Isaac and Bamba. Thats why they were rumours that the Magic wanna trade Gordon, even with his friendly contract. Because Hammond wanna make place for his draft pick Isaac. Handing out Vuc a huge new contract would also raise the question why he drafted Bamba in the first place.

So i guess he let Vuc walk. And i also think Vuc wanna walk, the Magic are still in the middle of a rebuild (Fultz, Isaac, Bamba, Gordon....). He may wanna join a playoff team /potential future contender at the age of 29. He is in Orlandofor seven years and they always missed the playoffs
Thanks for the info, good insight and angle I hadn't thought of.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:28 PM   #246
sefant77
Guru

Quote:
Love Bobby P, always make known my bias as an Arkansas fan. Never have seen him mentioned as an immature idiot, not sure where that would stem from? I know he's had some things to say about his trading away but I think way less than DSJ or others.

He's a big 4 who is long, can defend, rebound, and knock down the three. He's also shown some improved post work he didn't necessarily have at Arkansas. Can't say I've seen a lot of Bulls games, but the guy can play. May be redundant here as a fit with KP and would rather lean a rebounding 5. Portis is going to be too expensive for Mavs' plans, I think.

Breaking a teammates jaw in a fight....handing out dirt cheap fouls in the court and smiling like an Idiot after the ejection

https://youtu.be/JGm3TaNT4I8

Last edited by sefant77; 02-09-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-10-2019, 06:24 AM   #247
NBAfan1996

NBAfan1996 has a spectacular aura aboutNBAfan1996 has a spectacular aura about

Who would be a big time free agent that fits in best in a lineup that has KP, Hardaway, Luka???

Klay comes to mind for me.
Can’t see him pick the Mavericks over GST or LA.

A really good guard/sniper that can defend is what we need.

Last edited by NBAfan1996; 02-10-2019 at 06:26 AM.
NBAfan1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:26 AM   #248
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBAfan1996 View Post
Who would be a big time free agent that fits in best in a lineup that has KP, Hardaway, Luka???

Klay would be absolutely phenomenal for ANY team. Unfortunately, he seems very happy with GSW and I think there's virtually a 0% chance he leaves.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:29 AM   #249
NBAfan1996

NBAfan1996 has a spectacular aura aboutNBAfan1996 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Klay would be absolutely phenomenal for ANY team. Unfortunately, he seems very happy with GSW and I think there's virtually a 0% chance he leaves.
So then who is a realistic target?
We could max out DAngelo Russell but I see Nets matching.
Cant think of another versatile guard that would fit well with Luka, who is also a free agent.
NBAfan1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:44 AM   #250
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So then who is a realistic target?
We could max out DAngelo Russell but I see Nets matching.
Cant think of another versatile guard that would fit well with Luka, who is also a free agent.
Patrick Beverley and Bojan Bogdanovic are the first two names that come to my mind. I think Malcolm Brogdon will definitely be target too, but I'd say the chances are lower given that Milwaukee are legit contenders at the moment. I could also see us buying low on Trevor Ariza. He's old but he's still an effective 3-and-D guy.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:31 AM   #251
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

I really like Bogdanovic and Brogdon and think they should definitely be targeted in the off-season. Trev and Bev would be perfect fits but their ages really turn me off because I'd prefer to build with guys closer to Luka's and KP's ages than retirement ages. Personally I think DFS has a ceiling very close to Trev so he is a perfect fit imo.

My dream would be to land Brogdon and Vuc in the off-season. Not likely but it would be awesome if Mavs could somehow make that happen.

Luka/Brunson/Macon
Brogdon/THJ/Lee
DFS/JJ/Broek
KP/Maxi/Kostas
Vuc/Powell/Dirk

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-10-2019 at 07:33 AM.
rimrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:39 AM   #252
sefant77
Guru

Quote:

Can’t see him pick the Mavericks over GST or LA.

A really good guard/sniper that can defend is what we need.
If you get a third big time FA you automatically move THJ to the bench.So the question is who fits best with Luka/KP...THJ doesnt matter in this discussion

Last edited by sefant77; 02-10-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:27 PM   #253
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:
Patrick Beverley and Bojan Bogdanovic are the first two names that come to my mind. I think Malcolm Brogdon will definitely be target too, but I'd say the chances are lower given that Milwaukee are legit contenders at the moment. I could also see us buying low on Trevor Ariza. He's old but he's still an effective 3-and-D guy.

Not to mention Brogdon is a RFA.
Me.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:31 PM   #254
Me.B

Me.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to allMe.B is a name known to all

Quote:

If Golden State is hell bent on resigning both KD and Klay (rumor is they are) they will have to dump a contract. The Mavs have the $25 mil trade exception. They could give the Warriors $18.5 mil in cap space by trading Draymond Green for cap space. Basically they would be acquiring Draymond the same way they acquired Andrew Bogut a couple years ago.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #255
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Not to mention Brogdon is a RFA.
Didn't realize that. I think we can pretty much scratch him off the list then. Too bad because he'd be a great fit here.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:54 PM   #256
sefant77
Guru

Bucks traded a future 1st to dump salary...they are ready to pay their FA. Maybe not everyone (i think Bledsoe is the man out) but Middleton, Lopez, Brogdon should be locks. Also because Giannis is still on a dirt cheap superstar contract for two more years and since the Bucks are winning, the entire franchise gained a lot of value
Old 02-10-2019, 05:17 PM   #257
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Golden State is hell bent on resigning both KD and Klay (rumor is they are) they will have to dump a contract. The Mavs have the $25 mil trade exception. They could give the Warriors $18.5 mil in cap space by trading Draymond Green for cap space. Basically they would be acquiring Draymond the same way they acquired Andrew Bogut a couple years ago.
Problem with Draymond is hes shooting 24% from 3 this season, and hes been trending down 3 years in a row from distance. His one season of 38% seems like an outlier and hes just not a good shooter. Hes still a really good passer and defender etc but he wants a huge deal and is constantly banged up. Obviously you have to give him a look if available but I wouldnt give up assets for the guy
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:40 PM   #258
saclare
Golden Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
Problem with Draymond is hes shooting 24% from 3 this season, and hes been trending down 3 years in a row from distance. His one season of 38% seems like an outlier and hes just not a good shooter. Hes still a really good passer and defender etc but he wants a huge deal and is constantly banged up. Obviously you have to give him a look if available but I wouldnt give up assets for the guy
If we are writing off Portis because of incidents in the past, then Green should be along the same lines. I'd love to see him on another team and get exposed. He gets carried by their other superstars.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:07 PM   #259
Melonhead
Diamond Member

Melonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant futureMelonhead has a brilliant future

Quote:
If we are writing off Portis because of incidents in the past, then Green should be along the same lines. I'd love to see him on another team and get exposed. He gets carried by their other superstars.
I cant wait to watch Green go to another team and get exposed finally.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:13 PM   #260
hayth.james.g

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Can anyone provide insight into scenarios where we use the trade exception?

Also, I like Vuc, but I imagine his price tag will be hefty. Not sure if he brings the athleticism that we need in the paint to pair with KP and Luka.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 07:30 PM   #261
rimrocker
Diamond Member

rimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant futurerimrocker has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post

Also, I like Vuc, but I imagine his price tag will be hefty. Not sure if he brings the athleticism that we need in the paint to pair with KP and Luka.
Yeah but he has some size and bulk which is something we could use in the paint.
Old 02-10-2019, 07:47 PM   #262
hayth.james.g

hayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud ofhayth.james.g has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
Yeah but he has some size and bulk which is something we could use in the paint.
I don't disagree. And he has a high level of skill. My issue is the contract. He will command top $.

I almost feel like we should swing for one of the top Superstars available. If it doesn't work, we fill the team with solid contributors around KP and Luka. Let them get chemistry and experience. Remain flexible.
hayth.james.g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:27 PM   #263
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Quote:
I don't disagree. And he has a high level of skill. My issue is the contract. He will command top $.

I almost feel like we should swing for one of the top Superstars available. If it doesn't work, we fill the team with solid contributors around KP and Luka. Let them get chemistry and experience. Remain flexible.
Unfortunately just about any quality player will command top $. Such is life in the NBA.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 02-10-2019 at 11:28 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:01 AM   #264
Me.B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post

Honestly I would only want him for the final year on his contract. Hes UFA in 2020. Im looking at guys that wont affect the Mavs cap in 2021 when Giannis is a free agent but could also help in the short term. Even if his shooting % is down his defense and toughness would help this team.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:04 AM   #265
Me.B

Quote:

Trading Draymond for cap space is the best scenario I could come up with. There HAS to be another player or players though that teams are willing to dump just to clear money off their books.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:08 AM   #266
Me.B

Quote:

Another way signing Vucevic would help that no one has mentioned is the Mavs are going to have to keep KPs minutes down for at least the first year hes here. With his healthy Id expect Carlisle to want to keep his minutes to around 25 a game like he did with Tyson Chandler. So there would be a big portion of the game where Vucevic is the primary big on the floor with Luka. I wouldnt be surprised if Carlisle switches them in and out so that one of them is always on the court at all times. Then in crunch time theyd be on the court together.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:28 AM   #267
Thespiralgoeson
Diamond Member

Quote:
Honestly I would only want him for the final year on his contract. Hes UFA in 2020. Im looking at guys that wont affect the Mavs cap in 2021 when Giannis is a free agent but could also help in the short term. Even if his shooting % is down his defense and toughness would help this team.
See, this is exactly what I hope the Mavs DON'T do. That's plan powder thinking right there- only get guys on short term deals to keep cap space available, hoping that you can lure the big fish free agents.

I'd tap the breaks on any of this "Luka and KP make Mavs attractive for free agents" thinking until they've actually been successful on the court together. And even then, I think the chances of us snagging Giannis away from Milwaukee would be slim. Yes, we know Giannis really likes Luka. But that does NOT mean he'll leave the Bucks, who put an absolutely solid supporting cast around him and made that team into a legit contender. I think the only way Giannis leaves is if things unexpectedly go very bad very quickly in Milwaukee. They're not a particularly young team, but they're not that old either, so there's no reason to expect things will go South in the next two years.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:18 AM   #268
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
See, this is exactly what I hope the Mavs DON'T do. That's plan powder thinking right there- only get guys on short term deals to keep cap space available, hoping that you can lure the big fish free agents.

I'd tap the breaks on any of this "Luka and KP make Mavs attractive for free agents" thinking until they've actually been successful on the court together. And even then, I think the chances of us snagging Giannis away from Milwaukee would be slim. Yes, we know Giannis really likes Luka. But that does NOT mean he'll leave the Bucks, who put an absolutely solid supporting cast around him and made that team into a legit contender. I think the only way Giannis leaves is if things unexpectedly go very bad very quickly in Milwaukee. They're not a particularly young team, but they're not that old either, so there's no reason to expect things will go South in the next two years.
Agreed 100%. If you strike out on big FA's then sign smart contracts that at worst can be flipped later for assets and at best fit with Luka and KP and bring us back into contention. Waiting on Giannis with dry powder would be 2nd behind overpaying 3rd tier guys as the worst options this summer.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 06:28 AM   #269
rimrocker
Diamond Member

Quote:
Another way signing Vucevic would help that no one has mentioned is the Mavs are going to have to keep KP’s minutes down for at least the first year he’s here. With his healthy I’d expect Carlisle to want to keep his minutes to around 25 a game like he did with Tyson Chandler. So there would be a big portion of the game where Vucevic is the primary big on the floor with Luka. I wouldn’t be surprised if Carlisle switches them in and out so that one of them is always on the court at all times. Then in crunch time they’d be on the court together.
Yeah, that is why Vuc makes a lot of sense for the Mavs.
You'll get solid rebounding and good offense to make up for any downtime that KP might have. Plus his game complements KP and Maxi's well.
Ideally I'd rather have an athletic above the rim center with Vuc's skills to play with Luka but those kind are hard to find and usually unavailable.

Last edited by rimrocker; 02-11-2019 at 06:32 AM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:11 AM   #270
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Glass half empty: Giannis isn't leaving the Bucks so stop considering it possible that even if he did he would want to come here.

Glass half full: They are having a great regular season, but they have to prove it in the playoffs. That's not easy to do. Giannis is the only one I would bet on to keep up his level of play. If the guys around him can't sustain their production, maybe he gets frustrated and entertains bailing.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:16 AM   #271
oilfieldtrash
Golden Member

oilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really niceoilfieldtrash is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Agreed 100%. If you strike out on big FA's then sign smart contracts that at worst can be flipped later for assets and at best fit with Luka and KP and bring us back into contention. Waiting on Giannis with dry powder would be 2nd behind overpaying 3rd tier guys as the worst options this summer.
Sounds like a 2012 repeat. Waiting on the divas to decide what they want to do then all the second tier guys sign other contracts. Then the divas go to another team. Sign Vucevic first day of free agency.

Besides the rebounding we miss from Jordan we miss those pick and rolls too. Having a legit big man setting the screen at the top makes a difference compared to Powell doing it.
oilfieldtrash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 11:25 AM   #272
SMC0007
Diamond Member

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilfieldtrash View Post
Sounds like a 2012 repeat. Waiting on the divas to decide what they want to do then all the second tier guys sign other contracts. Then the divas go to another team. Sign Vucevic first day of free agency.

Besides the rebounding we miss from Jordan we miss those pick and rolls too. Having a legit big man setting the screen at the top makes a difference compared to Powell doing it.
Yep. Commit to a direction and sign Vuc immediately.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:28 PM   #273
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think Giannis is a pansy..he's the type of guy that'll want to get it done on his team in my opinion.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #274
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan_Wilson View Post
Yes, the Clippers have done a nice job with this. It maintains a good team with good assets to flip. Lou Williams, Harrell, Bradley, Beverley, Galinari to a lesser extent. And of course they were able to flip Tobias for nice assets.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 01:54 PM   #275
tap2390
Golden Member

tap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant futuretap2390 has a brilliant future

My wish list:

1) Malcolm Brogdon - advanced stats suggest he's the superior player to Khris Middleton; his stellar shooting would be a great fit next to KP and Luka... my number one overall target... he's restricted but Bucks will have tough decisions to make for a small market team with so many contracts up

2) Dewayne Dedmon - by far the number one guy I want; can shoot as well as Nikola but brings way more defense... leads the hawks in DRTG, DWS, and DBPM.

3) Javale Mcgee - before you laugh he brings everything Dedmon does other than the shooting.... leads the Lakers in DRTG, DWS, and DBPM.

4) Ed Davis - one of the best rebounders in the league

5) Nikola Vucevic - I like him, and he's a great rebounder, but he will be expensive compared to the first three on my list

Ideally, we come out of this offseason with Brogdon and someone like Javale and run out a lineup of:

Brunson - Burke - Harris - JJB
Brogdon - THJ - Lee
Luka - J. Jackson
KP - Maxi - DFS
Dedmon - Salah - Powell
Old 02-11-2019, 04:21 PM   #276
MavzMan
Golden Member

MavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant futureMavzMan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by sefant77 View Post
Breaking a teammates jaw in a fight....handing out dirt cheap fouls in the court and smiling like an Idiot after the ejection

https://youtu.be/JGm3TaNT4I8
Now I've not watched anything other than this play but I have to lean towards agreeing with the announcers that it was incidental contact because Portis got a ton of ball with his arm hitting the other player's arm. There was no contact with the head or anything. Now that guy took a really nasty spill and for the sake of not letting the game get out of hand, I kind of see the point in flagrant 2 ejection just so there isn't anything in retaliation. But that play looked pretty legit as a defensive play which is why I think he was also smiling as he's walking back to the locker room. He knows he had a good play with just a bad result, although being seen smiling is in very poor taste.

Everything else you said about him does raise red flags.
MavzMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 04:48 PM   #277
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
My wish list:

1) Malcolm Brogdon - advanced stats suggest he's the superior player to Khris Middleton; his stellar shooting would be a great fit next to KP and Luka... my number one overall target... he's restricted but Bucks will have tough decisions to make for a small market team with so many contracts up

2) Dewayne Dedmon - by far the number one guy I want; can shoot as well as Nikola but brings way more defense... leads the hawks in DRTG, DWS, and DBPM.

3) Javale Mcgee - before you laugh he brings everything Dedmon does other than the shooting.... leads the Lakers in DRTG, DWS, and DBPM.

4) Ed Davis - one of the best rebounders in the league

5) Nikola Vucevic - I like him, and he's a great rebounder, but he will be expensive compared to the first three on my list

Ideally, we come out of this offseason with Brogdon and someone like Javale and run out a lineup of:

Brunson - Burke - Harris - JJB
Brogdon - THJ - Lee
Luka - J. Jackson
KP - Maxi - DFS
Dedmon - Salah - Powell
That would be depressing..

Last edited by Murphy3; 02-11-2019 at 04:49 PM.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 05:01 PM   #278
turin
Platinum Member

turin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to beholdturin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
That would be depressing..
Yeah, not a fan of Javale, especially his fit age-wise. Vuc is the perfect fit. Age and the fact that he's a Euro are huge imo for a longer-term fit. Get him and then add Brogdon, and I'll be one happy camper. Still, if all we get is Vuc and we can unload Powell or he opts out in the off-season, then I will still be very happy. The only thing that will dampen my enthusiasm for Vuc signing is if we are stuck with Powell next year, but that's no slight on Vuc. I'll be aggravated for a couple of weeks regardless of how great the rest of the off-season goes if we still have Powell at the beginning of next season. LOL

Last edited by turin; 02-11-2019 at 05:03 PM.
turin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #279
Me.B

Quote:

So what would you do? Max out lesser talented guys just for the sake of signing someone? The best guy available this off season that is realistic for the Mavs is Vucevic. Personally Id be happy with Vucevic but their Interior defense and P&R defense could be really bad.
Old 02-11-2019, 09:33 PM   #280
Me.B

Quote:
Yeah, that is why Vuc makes a lot of sense for the Mavs.

You'll get solid rebounding and good offense to make up for any downtime that KP might have. Plus his game complements KP and Maxi's well.

Ideally I'd rather have an athletic above the rim center with Vuc's skills to play with Luka but those kind are hard to find and usually unavailable.

Willie Cauley-Stein will be available although I think hes RFA. Every year there are a couple like him available though.